Rights Groups Say Schaefer's Run Must...

Rights Groups Say Schaefer's Run Must End

There are 6 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jul 16, 2006, titled Rights Groups Say Schaefer's Run Must End. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A far-reaching collection of Maryland's Asian, Latino, black and women's rights leaders denounced Comptroller William Donald Schaefer yesterday for what they called a series of intolerant public statements -- ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

concerned for real

Silver Spring, MD

#1 Jul 22, 2006
That man is outrageous and getting worse. Put him out of his (public) misery.
CAROL

Mount Gretna, PA

#2 Jul 31, 2006
I THINK EVERYONE IS OVER REACTING.
HE SPEAKS HIS MIND AND NOT A LOT OF HALF TRUTHS.LEAVE HIM BE.
Wayne Middle River

Parkville, MD

#3 Jul 31, 2006
I would like to commend Delegate Peter Franchot on calling out Comptroller William Donald Schaefer on the former Governor’s arrogance and insensitivity towards other officials and the citizens of Maryland. For many years Mr. Schaefer has tried to rule Maryland with an iron fist. No matter what office he has held he blustered like a tyrannical despot. The comptroller throws his weight around insulting current and past Governors, state employees and those voters who dared to disagree or criticize him.

Mr. Schaffer has shown no compassion towards new families who come to our state to realize the great American dream. He has attack men and women who have contracted the deadly AIDS disease. It was reported he once sent a state trooper to a citizen’s house to confront her because she dared to write a critical letter. Many of us remember the incident where he referred to the Eastern Shore as a "S**t House” because a few Delegates opposed one of his bills.

Mr. Schaefer’s power has been diminished because a few State officials like Peter Franchot have begun to stand up to antics.

Coolmind

North East, MD

#4 Aug 4, 2006
He's an ignorant turd. Publically learing at a female aid (If that had been my daughter, I'd have killed him) and the homophobic things he's said. What a jerk. And he's on the public dole!
GiveMeABreak

Laurel, MD

#5 Aug 8, 2006
Freedom of Speech is extended to EVERYONE. If you don't like what he has to say, don't listen. He has a right to his own opinion and to speak his mind - this is the USA isn't it? Land of the free, home of the American Dream. I mean, really, isn't it this "FREEDOM" that attracts foreign people to legally and illegally cross our borders and take up residence here?

Expend your energies and emotions on REAL detrimental issues - like the BG&E price hike, the surge in gas prices, global warming, the inadequacies of the sex offender list (Anne Arundel County is LOADED with released sex offenders), lack of appropriatea funding for our public schools, shall I go on?

Jump on the band-wagon and support a cause for the right reason -- to make a difference not just a statement.
Jeff

Clearwater, FL

#6 Aug 13, 2006
concerned for real wrote:
That man is outrageous and getting worse. Put him out of his (public) misery.
All this crap, he is just speaking his mind and it is exactly what you want to say but are to chicken shit to say it. Screw politcally correctness. Man I am tired of all this bull crapola. Let Isreal demolish the Terrorist organization of Hezbullat! Drop a Nuke on Iraq and kill em all the let God sort the b@#$!#$^@ out. No gay rights, they have no rights! Illegal Mexicants, get rid of em and damn it, speak English this is AMERICAN not Mexicant! They have NO RIGHTS in MY country, round em up and throw them back over the fence where they belong. Welfare, get rid of it!!! Man I am so sick of all this crap, if you don't like America and the American way and the rights that our forefathers gave us, then GET THE F out of here NOW!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Md. county executive released from prison Jan 21 Robert Walton 1
News Trump D.C. Hotel Contractors Say They're Owed M... Jan 11 This is a Pattern 1
Is the area safe? Jan 4 billybob 1
News Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) Dec '16 Sonny 59
If anyone knows the kids parents Tracey Armah b... (Jul '16) Dec '16 Smh 2
News Obama Policy Adviser: Polish President Was 'Del... Nov '16 PolakPotrafi 1
Laurel, MD - what is it Really Like? (Jun '08) Oct '16 Jennifer 112

Maryland City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maryland City Mortgages