Abu Ghraib Dog Handler Convicted

Abu Ghraib Dog Handler Convicted

There are 12 comments on the Newstalk ZB story from Mar 21, 2006, titled Abu Ghraib Dog Handler Convicted. In it, Newstalk ZB reports that:

A military dog handler at the notorious Abu Ghraib Prison in Iraq was convicted Tuesday of using his dog to terrorize detainees.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newstalk ZB.

James

Kirkland, WA

#1 Mar 22, 2006
Terrorize? Nothing as bad as the Iraqi do! Let him free! If the people in the prison are enemy's of the state then they should be executed as soon as possible. Terrorism to a terrorist, funny! I wonder what George Washington would say?
Doug Dowdle

United States

#2 Mar 22, 2006
He'll do more time than a child molester, rapists and most murders in this country, simply because it involves a human rights issue with Iraq, funny where are all the cries while Saddam was killing his people left and right, folks only get outraged when someone taunts them with a dog, this is really screwed up..
Kearney

Columbia, MD

#6 Mar 22, 2006
Ok, I want you to make them boys talk in any way you can within the law ..... you know what I mean? <wink, wink>

(that way if you get caught your commanding officers can disavow any connection - becaue they didn't really tell you anything specific.... other then "do what you think your bosses would want you to do")

BTW, did I mention that any information you may uncovered would make your commanding officer willing to put something good on your record?

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.

dumb Americans!
Deb_ Des Moines_ Iowa

Des Moines, IA

#7 Mar 22, 2006
This whole fiasco with Iraqi prisoners and charging our military is a JOKE !!!

We're dealing with an enemy, who has no respect for life, want to die for Allah and who BEHEADS innocent people. And we are the criminals ?????

Let our people go ...
Lance Winslow

United States

#8 Mar 22, 2006
I consider the convicted soldier a hero to my country and I would give him a job when he gets out. We bow too much to the media and political polls in this nation. War is hell and it is when you bring hell to your enemy. Anything you can do to get it over with and kill their will to fight, you need to bring it on. No games, no screwing around. You do what works to win. Too many weak minded, liberal people out there do not get it. We are fighting a sick ideal and that enemy wants you to die. They will blow you up at work, on a plane, in a bus or on a train, Sam I am.
Jack

Denver, CO

#9 Mar 22, 2006
Why didn't they just convict the dog? I mean as long as they're passing the buck and avoiding responsibility anyway...

The problem is at the top. If we had a Commander in Chief who was not a lying chickenhawk draft-dogder this kind of crap wouldn't happen in the first place.

Bush is demoralizing the military by putting them in a no-win situation, which is treason. Bush is a traitor, and so are the fools who support him.

Incompetent, lying civilians are running the government and the military - turning the best strategic advantage in history [USA in 2000] into the biggest mess possible.

We went into Iraq for the oil, against all expert advice. All of the talk about "spreading democracy" is just grasping at straws, trying to fabricate a less shameful excuse for why the Bushies got us into this mess.

Anyway, let's just do the Republican thing and blame the dog.
Pat Pearl River NY

Island Park, NY

#10 Mar 22, 2006
How come we're the only country in the world who follows the rules of fair play? Everyone with a newspaper or TV saw how fairly the Iraqis treated prisoners that they took. That soldier's conviction is a national disgrace and shame on the jury who convicted him.
Lance Winslow

Tucson, AZ

#11 Mar 22, 2006
Good point Pat.

Jack you are talking cruelty to animals and PETA will surely not stand for that. We cannot convict a Dog and put Dog in Abu Grave?

Can I please remind everyone of the US Marine in Gitmo who was shanked thru the eye by one of these innocent international terrorists? They are all innocent, just ask them?
John

Crooks, SD

#12 Mar 22, 2006
I think that all of the previous statements above are right on the money and it is a shame that a soldier of this great country can be tried and convicted for the crap he was. It's one thing to take pictures of yourself with naked detainees which is just poor judgment, but to be convicted of so called torturing terrorists with a dog is rediculous.
James

Kirkland, WA

#13 Mar 22, 2006
Jack wrote:
Why didn't they just convict the dog? I mean as long as they're passing the buck and avoiding responsibility anyway...

The problem is at the top. If we had a Commander in Chief who was not a lying chickenhawk draft-dogder this kind of crap wouldn't happen in the first place.

Bush is demoralizing the military by putting them in a no-win situation, which is treason. Bush is a traitor, and so are the fools who support him.

Incompetent, lying civilians are running the government and the military - turning the best strategic advantage in history [USA in 2000] into the biggest mess possible.

We went into Iraq for the oil, against all expert advice. All of the talk about "spreading democracy" is just grasping at straws, trying to fabricate a less shameful excuse for why the Bushies got us into this mess.

Anyway, let's just do the Republican thing and blame the dog.
Hahahahahahaha
Zenab Mohammad

East Lansing, MI

#14 Mar 23, 2006
you dumb amerikas. we kill you, we tricks you and you punish your own peoples... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

tahanks for your money too....
noone important

East Lansing, MI

#15 Mar 23, 2006
That's probably what a lot of them think and what a lot of them want you to think that they think....
Kind of funny. oh, and I liked the convict the dog remarks, classic!

Hey, trust your government, they are doing the right thing, and thanks for supporting your troops. They are doing the right thing too. When a the very few of them cross the line, trust that your military will do the right thing.

This is what makes us better than them.

Death with honor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Third teen arrested in fatal shooting in Laurel Feb 16 Larry 2
Review: Zagami Trozzi Chartered - Ron Trozzi CPA (Mar '11) Feb 16 Pray for me 11
News 2 Dead, 1 Hurt During Violent Night in Washingt... Jan 27 kin 1
If anyone knows the kids parents Tracey Armah b... (Jul '16) Jan 26 or NAH 4
Review: Corazon Latino Hair Salon (Jan '10) Jan '18 JAE 26
News Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) Jan '18 want to stop him 64
News Confronting the KKK in rural Maryland: June 1971 (Jan '13) Nov '17 Guest 20

Maryland City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maryland City Mortgages