Who Will Lead?

Feb 21, 2010 Full story: Enquirer-Journal

The Union County commissioners' race took shape last week as candidates drew figurative lines in the sand.

Full Story
Edna

Columbus, NC

#1 Apr 3, 2010
I am a registered Democrat so I will not be voting for the county commissioners. I do know 2 of the County Commission candidates well, Jonathan Thomas and Jerry Simpson and I would vote for them. We don't have representation on this end of the county because most of the voters live on the western side and they are Republican. Up until the late 1970's Democrats controlled every election in this county. If you were a Democrat you would win. Then the Republicans began moving to this county and they started winning. Now they control the elections just like the Democrats used to. The Democrats are complaining and saying we should have districts (but really just to get some Democrats elected). Well I say no because when we controlled the elections the Republicans didn't complain and say want districts! It will all work out in the end.
Norma

Charlotte, NC

#2 Apr 3, 2010
Yes, Edna, you are correct. I was a registered Democrat because my daddy told me to do that, otherwise, I would not be able to vote in the primary. That was in 1972, when I was 18 years old. So everywhere I went in the South, Georgia and Florida, I registered as a Democrat. I changed to "unaffiliated" last election so I could vote for the commissioners. Got my butt chewed by one of the local Democratic leaders also, for changing, but now I vote for who I want, not the party. There are good and bad in every party. The main thing is VOTE!!!
Angry Voter

Sanford, NC

#3 Apr 3, 2010
Its hard for democrackkks to deal with folks denouncing their evil ways in favor of registering UNaffiliated! Who wants to support the original party of SLAVERY anymore?

Everyone, with half a brain, should register UNaffiliated in NC! It is the single best message a voter can send! Do it this week!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marvin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Samuel Wesley Randall (Feb '14) Oct '14 GMartin 4
Debate: Marijuana - Waxhaw, NC (Aug '10) Oct '14 Yung Wun 15
Girls who want to sext and show off feet Sep '14 Jacksmith06470 1
Disgusting business in Waxhaw Sep '14 Jay-D 2
Review: Tire Kingdom Sep '14 mnjack82 3
Novant Waxhaw Medical building for sale? Aug '14 Jojo 1
Jehovah's Witnesses convention bigger this year Jul '14 Truth 17
Marvin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web