Who Will Lead?

Feb 21, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Enquirer-Journal

The Union County commissioners' race took shape last week as candidates drew figurative lines in the sand.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2010
Edna

Columbus, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

I am a registered Democrat so I will not be voting for the county commissioners. I do know 2 of the County Commission candidates well, Jonathan Thomas and Jerry Simpson and I would vote for them. We don't have representation on this end of the county because most of the voters live on the western side and they are Republican. Up until the late 1970's Democrats controlled every election in this county. If you were a Democrat you would win. Then the Republicans began moving to this county and they started winning. Now they control the elections just like the Democrats used to. The Democrats are complaining and saying we should have districts (but really just to get some Democrats elected). Well I say no because when we controlled the elections the Republicans didn't complain and say want districts! It will all work out in the end.
Norma

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Yes, Edna, you are correct. I was a registered Democrat because my daddy told me to do that, otherwise, I would not be able to vote in the primary. That was in 1972, when I was 18 years old. So everywhere I went in the South, Georgia and Florida, I registered as a Democrat. I changed to "unaffiliated" last election so I could vote for the commissioners. Got my butt chewed by one of the local Democratic leaders also, for changing, but now I vote for who I want, not the party. There are good and bad in every party. The main thing is VOTE!!!
Angry Voter

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Its hard for democrackkks to deal with folks denouncing their evil ways in favor of registering UNaffiliated! Who wants to support the original party of SLAVERY anymore?

Everyone, with half a brain, should register UNaffiliated in NC! It is the single best message a voter can send! Do it this week!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marvin Discussions

Search the Marvin Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 49 min Delinger 55,853
Jehovah's Witnesses convention bigger this year Jul 20 Wang 16
Belmont cycle shop moves shop Jul 10 Hey 7
Life Without Parole (Feb '10) Jun '14 Pookie - Marshville 8
Charlotte: Company charged in scheme involving ... (Jul '13) May '14 Marsh Vegas 3
Local cheat Apr '14 Report it 2
Samuel Wesley Randall Mar '14 Jay-D 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Marvin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marvin People Search