johnny

Cherryville, NC

#147 Mar 24, 2013
Olethros wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul was baptized but there is no record of the other apostles being baptized. Peter never said he was baptized. If Peter wasn't baptized then it must not be crucial for salvation.
They followed Jesus. That seems to be enough for salvation.
how could you possibly assume Peter was not baptized? Look at Luk 7:29-30... is this how you view Peter? How could one group be condemned for rejecting baptism and Peter be accepted without it.
I am sorry but I see why you don't sign your name to your comments
confused.

Norman, OK

#148 Mar 24, 2013
Peter preached baptism in acts 2:38. Do You think he was preaching something he himself did not believe and do?

In acts 10:47 Peter asked can any man forbid baptism? Peter knew the way o obtain salvation was baptism into Christ.
William

Anniston, AL

#149 Mar 24, 2013
Peter never told those people that Christ died FOR their sins and was resurrected for their justification either.

It just isn't there. Nowhere.

Enter Paul, and the revelation of the mystery, kept secret from before the foundation of the world.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#150 Mar 24, 2013
johnny wrote:
tablet was samsung, not a pill. cant see post as on laptop
You can't see a lot of things with that plank in your eye.
nobody

Glasgow, KY

#151 Mar 24, 2013
[QUOTE who="confused. "]Peter preached baptism in acts 2:38. Do You think he was preaching something he himself did not believe and do?
In acts 10:47 Peter asked can any man forbid baptism? Peter knew the way o obtain salvation was baptism into Christ.[/QUOTE]Doesn't say one single word in the Acts 10 account of being saved baptism. Lets see if you are a honest person and acknowledge that and acknowledge that. If you are correct in what you say then post the verse from ACTS 10 because I contend you are making claims that are untrue.
nobody

Glasgow, KY

#152 Mar 24, 2013
Dishonesty is a common symptom of this church of Christ group. Johnny makes the false claim the verses below apply to the apostles only. Since Johnny claims we were not chosen this command to love one another and bear fruit is not for us only the apostles. We don't have to worry about verse 14 and doing as Jesus commands according to Johnny and his teaching, I just believe something different than Johnny. Do all the Martinsville church of Christ members follow this man to the slaughter?

Joh 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Joh 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Joh 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Joh 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
Joh 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#153 Mar 26, 2013
William wrote:
Acts 3:19 (KJV)

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

These believing Jews had to endure to the end to be saved, and have their sins taken away. Their sins are remittted until then, not forgiven entirely at the moment.

Not so any of us today, under the dispensation of grace given to Paul. Our sins are forgiven when we trust the gospel of Jesus Christ.

This deals with the revelation of the mystery, revealed only to Paul, following the death of Stephen.
"These believing Jews had to endure to the end to be saved, and have their sins taken away. Their sins are remittted until then, not forgiven entirely at the moment."

False

Negative

Nope

There's only ONE gospel preached from Acts 2 forward.

Galatians 1

www.roysecitycoc.org
johnny

Huntersville, NC

#154 Mar 26, 2013
some verses are to the Apostles only and it is easy to see that denoms misuse them often.
Joh 14:26
you do not have memory of all things jesus spake, nor do you have help of Mat 10:19
If you did i venture you ould come out from shadows and dispute where the masses could benefit. instead of complaining about us being "arrogant" because we have the conviction to bring our position into LIGHT.
johnny

Huntersville, NC

#155 Mar 26, 2013
act 10:41 Peter settles this nicely;
NOT TO all the people
BUT
to witnesses that were CHOSEN before of GOD...
oh well NEW GUY prolly goes around "witnessing for jesus" telling of sinners prayer, playing mechanical mood music to help them forget that his message is not in the book.
BUT HEY who uses the BOOK, Bible isnt even in the BIBLE didnt you know
Heb 10:7 in the volume of the biblos it is written
anyway this is as pointless a baptism to BAptist since worship is up to EVERY MAN and no one can judge
NEW GUY NEW MESSAGE SAID THAT

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#156 Mar 26, 2013
johnny wrote:
NOT TO all the people
BUT
oh well NEW GUY prolly goes around "witnessing for jesus" telling of sinners prayer, playing mechanical mood music to help them forget that his message is not in the book.
anyway this is as pointless a baptism to BAptist since worship is up to EVERY MAN and no one can judge
New Guy preaches for the church of Christ- and from past threads, does not believe in the sinners prayer.

1:55pm - Break
Tuesday
3/26/2013
William

Sylacauga, AL

#157 Mar 26, 2013
Galatians 1 doesn't reference Acts 2.

The accursed gospel is anything different from what was given to Paul to preach by the resurrected Christ.

Rightly divide the word of truth.
New Guy

Morehead, KY

#158 Mar 26, 2013
johnny wrote:
NOT TO all the people
BUT
You don't comprehend thoughts and messages well. Good afternoon sir. Randy is correct. I am a church of Christ preacher.
petras

Albemarle, NC

#159 Mar 26, 2013
johnny wrote:
<quoted text>my boys want to go with me overseas.
Even though cancer is gone, it takes more that more than 18 months to get over the cancer i had. I also have hernia issues that keep me in constant pain. I am trying to get past that. I hav been sick over seas and it is not something u want to repeat.
I am not saying anything about james Oldfield. James is hooked into a work that is fledgling, I have been with Martinsville 10 years, no bills, and they can make it with another man who loves evangelism. Danville will be debt free in 2 yrs, so our future is such that another person could be added and keep the work going and gain some.
why do you ask about the money. you have no real knowledge of what we spend. My salary is small compared to preachers in the church of Christ,no matter waht you hear. I am sure i am 15 to 20 under most preachers that have anywhere near my resume. I have had job offers you know. I know what the pay is.
Our tv is not what people say either. we are stream line at martinsville. You would be surprised what our overhead is compared to churches in town.
All our funds are spent on getting the word out.
What do you mean James work is fledgling? What do you consider fledgling? How much more successful is your tv ministry and the Martinsville congregation than his tv ministry and congregation?

Are you saying he can't walk in your shoes?

Jonesboro, AR

#161 Jun 21, 2013
I know in his debate/discussion with westboro baptist they hung Johnny out to dry. And in part of the video Johnny states he was born without sin. Not lying either, he actually states he was born without sin. can't find the video on youtube anymore, but a few edited short clips are still on youtube. A lot of stuff Johnny says is not true, he is just a very good talker,he'd make a great door to door vacuum salesman. Also the way he defeats people on the youtube videos where people calls in, he never wants to connect certain scriptures, for example if a caller asks a subject and they go to say the book of mark. And he reads say 6 verses in whatever chapter of mark, and a person says oh yeah well what about Romans 8 whatever that connects with mark 5:12 Johnny will then ignore the connecting verse in Romans 8 and go elsewhere in the bible such as Acts or matthew to a different verse thus avoiding the verse that proves him wrong.
Note

Eden, NC

#162 Jun 21, 2013
Micah Robertson is Back.

Micah Robertson of the Church of Christ said the following on one of his shows.

Micah said: In our terms it says God is going to break bad on you. If you donít follow the rules God is going to put a break on you.

Why is God getting so upset that he would kill a man. You are not in contact with God you are so far from God that he is wanting to kill you.

Just like you are not worried about how God must be worshiped. People believe as long as you are doing it for God itís OK. Yaíll are losing your souls. Going against the commandments of God. We can reason that when God says do it this way you canít do it another way. God donít care what you think.

The Lord will break forth upon them. That sounds like breaking bad on them. Heís fixing to break bad. Godís rage is getting to the point that heís had enough. God is saying Iím just tired of them. If they keep pushing and keep pushing Iím going to let them have it. Iím going to break bad.

We need to stand up against these men. We need to shut their mouths up.

The Lord is fixing to break bad on them.

Only God can condemn you. Only God can send you to hell.

Billy Graham has no back bone

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#163 Jun 21, 2013
Note wrote:
Micah Robertson is Back.
Is he going to get arrested for criminal trespassing again?
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#164 Jun 21, 2013
Busy with tons of work sorry to be inactive but if it brings John back out to a level playing field. It's fun to see johns excuse for not having elders, seems he has a couple of generations grace, nice way to avoid elders whe you fear elders from past experiences. Loophole evangelist allows you to ignore family lifestyles ignore need for elders my how John knows how to game the system.

I wonder if he is ready to define how one crucifies Christ to yourself the first time?
Dave P

Lexington, KY

#165 Jun 21, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
Busy with tons of work sorry to be inactive but if it brings John back out to a level playing field. It's fun to see johns excuse for not having elders, seems he has a couple of generations grace, nice way to avoid elders whe you fear elders from past experiences. Loophole evangelist allows you to ignore family lifestyles ignore need for elders my how John knows how to game the system.
I wonder if he is ready to define how one crucifies Christ to yourself the first time?
Welcome back WIL. Guess I'm in the dark here, care to explain his loopholes?
Note

Eden, NC

#166 Jun 22, 2013
Olethros wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he going to get arrested for criminal trespassing again?
I wouldn't doubt it if he did. They don't seem to be doing as much following and harassing other preachers as they used to do.

I still think Johnny Robertson should have been arrested for making those false allegations against those innocent girls at the Kernersville Church. I have no idea why that church let him get by with accusing their children of such an awful act. That church should have stood by those children better than that.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#167 Jun 23, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back WIL. Guess I'm in the dark here, care to explain his loopholes?
John claimed that since his church was only ten years old that the members children haven't grown up coc there was no one qualified to be an elder, funny I remember reading where whole groups of coc moved to new locations to reach lost in past, they can't import a few?

And since John is an evangelist he is not bound to elder rules, thus if a family member fails he keeps his power.

The best was watching him claim to have caused a mental breakdown in someone who was taken to mville psyc ward, and to cover his pride over harming someone he pulls out Paul's blinding of someone so he is protected, my but he has a strange way of concern for lost people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God's Kingdom is Here 4 min HEATH - 72 3
water baptism debate 8 min HEATH - 72 15
How does the Spirit teach? 4 hr Mike_Peterson 173
What Does Johnny Robertson Say Wed Note 44
What shows up in a background check? (Dec '13) Feb 20 Ben 3
How can i get a copy of my background check? (Nov '13) Feb 20 Diamond 4
Does Johnny Robertson have terminal Cancer? (Oct '09) Feb 12 mek 8
Martinsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web