Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

Mr. Robertson teaches that unless God “expressly” commands something, then, no one should impose upon others his/her deductions. In other words, there must be a “thus saith the Lord” in all acts of worship, according to Mr. Robertson. Oddly, there is no “thus saith the Lord” concerning an examination before partaking of the Lord’s Supper as taught by Mr. Robertson. At HIS church, he refuses to “pass the elements” of Communion to certain individuals whom ‘he has examined’ and determined unworthy to partake. The Bible teaches that WE are to examine OURSELVES. This is a direct violation of what the saith the Scriptures. There is no “thus saith the Lord” for Johnny Robertson or any preacher to examine the gathered assembly and pick whom they believe to be worthy to partake. Can Mr. Robertson see the hidden sins of HIS own members? NO. They must examine themselves. If a visitor attends a service at HIS church, the elements of Communion are not given to the visitors.
LOTL

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

In other words, if the Bible outlaws the offering of communion to others that are not a part of our group, then I will withhold the communion. If the Bible is mute about this issue, then I will not refuse the communion to others. Johnny Robertson goes beyond the word and outlaws the offering of communion to others based upon his own judgment of others deeming them unworthy to partake. The Bible states that we look at ourselves and make this determination. In my humbled opinion, Johnny Robertson commits sin in this regard if he professes to speak where the Bible speaks. If Johnny’s biblical understanding is guided by the regulative principle he bends the hermeneutic in this regard.
johnny robertson

Pageland, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

The NT is clear that JESUS wants to commune with those in his Kingdom, since outsiders are in Satans domain. Easily seen from Mat 26:29, Col 1:13.
Why would anyone want us to pretend? We know that denominations are not apart of Jesus plan, so why should play the hypocrite and offer to commune with those who are not IN CHRIST?
We do not force anyone NOT to take unleaven bread, or fruit of the vine. If you want to commune with the Saints, then you MUST be in his Kingdom. Joh 3:5 Requires one to be born of water and the Spirit, and most of you reject Jesus words at this scripture, and expect us to honor you and disregard The Lord. Sorry, we honor Jesus. Enter the Kingdom and you can commune. No amount of ridicule on Topix will change the status of people who refuse to enter the Kingdom correctly. Those who have obeyed Jesus per the teaching we put forth, alll admit that being told plainly that they are outside the Kingdom, hastened their study to see if those things were so Act 17:11
Bfrank

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

johnny robertson wrote:
The NT is clear that JESUS wants to commune with those in his Kingdom, since outsiders are in Satans domain. Easily seen from Mat 26:29, Col 1:13.
Why would anyone want us to pretend? We know that denominations are not apart of Jesus plan, so why should play the hypocrite and offer to commune with those who are not IN CHRIST?
We do not force anyone NOT to take unleaven bread, or fruit of the vine. If you want to commune with the Saints, then you MUST be in his Kingdom. Joh 3:5 Requires one to be born of water and the Spirit, and most of you reject Jesus words at this scripture, and expect us to honor you and disregard The Lord. Sorry, we honor Jesus. Enter the Kingdom and you can commune. No amount of ridicule on Topix will change the status of people who refuse to enter the Kingdom correctly. Those who have obeyed Jesus per the teaching we put forth, alll admit that being told plainly that they are outside the Kingdom, hastened their study to see if those things were so Act 17:11
So Johnny are you really in the Kingdom of God now? Doesn't -What does the Bible say...
**I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 1Corinthians 15:50
>But actually didn't Jesus say that entering the Kingdom of God would be a future event, an "inheritance"?
**"Then the King will say to those on his right,'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. Matthew 25:34
>As far as communion goes Mr. Robertson, I attented the Church of Christ that you preach at a while back & was denied communion. Doesn't What does the bible say this...
**"A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup." 1Corinthians 11:28
>Once again Mr Robertson you are wrong,the bible says "let a man examine himself"...Johnny says by his actions...
"I judge a persons worthiness to partake of the Lords supper"...Johnny's church-Johnny's rules, wouldn't you say Mr. Robertson?
New Guy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

You're wrong about the kingdom Bfrank. The church is the kingdom, and some are in it now. Paul says that we have been conveyed into the kingdom of the Son of His love, Colossians 1:13.

John in the Revelation said that "I John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ." John and the seven churches were in the kingdom then. There is a present reality and future reality in the kingdom of God.

If you were refused communion though in a congregation you were visiting, then I'd agree with you on that. A man is to examine HIMSELF, not be examined by someone else.
johnny robertson

Pageland, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

The verse u are quoting is not talking about examination to see if u r in the Kingdom. It says the examination has to do with the fact that u are thinking of the RIGHT THINGS. Read the context! And for new guy, would you serve someone from whom you have "withdrawn" urself from? You KNOW that person has been delivered to Satan 1Cor 5:1-4, and no amount of self exam on the withdrawn from persons part is going to change the fellowship with that person. Only repentance. So if while outside the fellowship of the brethren will u continue to commune (act liekcommuning by serving) when u know they are not in fellowship?
yes we are in the Kingdom, Col 1:13 and BRank made my point. He she does not understand the Kingdom. He prolly believe Jesus is going to come to eath and set up a Kingdom for 1000 the years. Why would he then care if he didnt get to commune with those of us who are inthe Kingdom he does not believe exist? It seems hypocritical to want to partake with people who beleive he is a false teacher. As for new guy, why would u want to pretend to be in fellowship with a person who rejects the Kingdom
Whitman

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

johnny robertson wrote:
The verse u are quoting is not talking about examination to see if u r in the Kingdom. It says the examination has to do with the fact that u are thinking of the RIGHT THINGS. Read the context! And for new guy, would you serve someone from whom you have "withdrawn" urself from? You KNOW that person has been delivered to Satan 1Cor 5:1-4, and no amount of self exam on the withdrawn from persons part is going to change the fellowship with that person. Only repentance. So if while outside the fellowship of the brethren will u continue to commune (act liekcommuning by serving) when u know they are not in fellowship?
yes we are in the Kingdom, Col 1:13 and BRank made my point. He she does not understand the Kingdom. He prolly believe Jesus is going to come to eath and set up a Kingdom for 1000 the years. Why would he then care if he didnt get to commune with those of us who are inthe Kingdom he does not believe exist? It seems hypocritical to want to partake with people who beleive he is a false teacher. As for new guy, why would u want to pretend to be in fellowship with a person who rejects the Kingdom
Keep talking Johnny!!!!

Because you're only proving to everyone that YOU are a FALSE TEACHER! We know it now you keep proving it.

You don't get to determine who is in God's Kingdom and who isn't.
Mike Conner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Whitman wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep talking Johnny!!!!
Because you're only proving to everyone that YOU are a FALSE TEACHER! We know it now you keep proving it.
Now he just gave all that explanation with scriptures and this is all you have to say to refute it? I agree that it is hypocritical to want to commune with people you think are teaching false. And he is not determining who is in the kingdom the bible does that.
New Guy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Obviously it makes a difference when you know the situation someone is in. If you KNOW that someone has been excommunicated that is a different story now isn't it? If it's a visitor that you have no idea what their spiritual condition is, are you going to deny them the opportunity to gather around the table then?

If LOTL has been disfellowshiped, why is he/she even going to your congregation? If that is true, what else would they expect?

Don't think we're getting the entire story, the whole truth here.

One last question for you jr- does this mean that unbelievers are not welcome in your assembly? I have known some who believe that very thing, that the assembly is for Christians ONLY and that unbelievers should not be there at all. BTW I am an honest dealer- I'm just looking for truth, and not for some a-ha! quote.
Bfrank

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

johnny robertson wrote:
I don't "reject the Kingdom" as you say JR...I look forward to my inheritance into the kingdom...
**"Then the King will say to those on his right,'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world Matthew 25:34
**I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 1Corinthians 15:50
If God’s kingdom is already here,namely the church members then the entire earth would be under its rule.“And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and His name one”(Zech. 14:9).

If God’s kingdom is already here, Christ, its King, would be sitting on David’s throne (Isa. 9:6-7), ruling from Jerusalem.“Thus says the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth”(Zech. 8:3). Jerusalem means “City of Peace.” Yet today it is one of the most chaotic, terrorized, war-torn cities on this planet! Obviously, Christ is not ruling from there today.
johnny robertson

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Whitman wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep talking Johnny!!!!

so we cant know who is lost and saved now? So all the people on here saying charles is a heathen etc are all guilty of judging him lost when they were really unsure? Hmmmmmm
johnny robertson

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

Bfrank jus admitted to us all that the Kingdom is not in existance, so why woukd want to commune with fok who beleive u are a false teacher?

if u all understood the true Kingdom you woukd know that we find out who a person is when they are with us. The redeemed always "say so"
and to new guy pleae accept my apology
johnny robertson

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Psa 107:2 Let the redeemed say so!
when u say u are redeemed u will then tell that u are a member of the Lords church, and if not u will likely be ashamed, at which all memebers of the church will know something wrong. We have no secret disciples
Bfrank

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

New Guy wrote:
Obviously it makes a difference when you know the situation someone is in. If you KNOW that someone has been excommunicated that is a different story now isn't it? If it's a visitor that you have no idea what their spiritual condition is, are you going to deny them the opportunity to gather around the table then?
If LOTL has been disfellowshiped, why is he/she even going to your congregation? If that is true, what else would they expect?
Don't think we're getting the entire story, the whole truth here.
One last question for you jr- does this mean that unbelievers are not welcome in your assembly? I have known some who believe that very thing, that the assembly is for Christians ONLY and that unbelievers should not be there at all. BTW I am an honest dealer- I'm just looking for truth, and not for some a-ha! quote.
I have trouble accepting anything from the mouth of Johnny Robertson as truth especially when you consider that Johnny was fired as the preacher of the Collinsville,Va. Church of Christ years ago. Obviously they saw something in him that wasn't up to bible standards...if thats not enough Johnny was also fired from at least three other preaching jobs as well. Something is amiss here with J.R.
New Guy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

No need to Johnny. I'm thinking that some of these posts about you aren't bringing forth the entire truth of the situation.
New Guy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Bfrank wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't "reject the Kingdom" as you say JR...I look forward to my inheritance into the kingdom...
**"Then the King will say to those on his right,'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world Matthew 25:34
If God’s kingdom is already here,namely the church members then the entire earth would be under its rule.“And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and His name one”(Zech. 14:9).
If God’s kingdom is already here, Christ, its King, would be sitting on David’s throne (Isa. 9:6-7), ruling from Jerusalem.“Thus says the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth”(Zech. 8:3). Jerusalem means “City of Peace.” Yet today it is one of the most chaotic, terrorized, war-torn cities on this planet! Obviously, Christ is not ruling from there today.
My how we miss so much when we literalize all prophecy.

Acts 2:22-36. The Christ is already sitting at the right hand of God, on the throne. Revelation 3 Jesus Himself said He has the key of David, which is the authority to rule over God's people. Acts 3:24 says that all the prophets from Samuel and those who follow, AS MANY AS HAVE SPOKEN, HAVE ALSO FORETOLD THESE DAYS.

OT prophecy is about the first coming of Christ in the first century. The kingdom has come when it was supposed to, according to the prophecy through Daniel.

Premillenialism is false doctrine.
Bfrank

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

johnny robertson wrote:
Bfrank jus admitted to us all that the Kingdom is not in existance, so why woukd want to commune with fok who beleive u are a false teacher?
if u all understood the true Kingdom you woukd know that we find out who a person is when they are with us. The redeemed always "say so"
and to new guy pleae accept my apology
Liar,Liar...show me the post where I said-
"Bfrank jus admitted to us all that the Kingdom is not in existance,"qoute from JR

Bfrank says AND the Bible says...
The Kingdom is in Heaven NOW...
But the Kingdom of our Lord will be on earth at a latter time...
**Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying,“The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever.” Revelation 11:15
Bfrank

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

New Guy wrote:
If you were refused communion though in a congregation you were visiting, then I'd agree with you on that. A man is to examine HIMSELF, not be examined by someone else.
Yes I was refused communion...If the bible says "let a man examine himself" 1Corinthinas 11:28
And Johnny takes it on himself to create a 'commandment of men'>>to do the 'examining' isn't JR wrong...
**in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’Mark 7:7
Has not the church/assembly under Johnnys leadership become "vain worship"?

Because the assembly follows JR's rules like this when the men with the silver plate of 'unleavened bread & fruit of the vine' made a wide circle around me like I was a leper... but then when they passed the collection plate it was stuck right in front of me. Something how money changes people?
Whitman

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Johnny believes in once saved always saved!!!!

Johnny believes that if you are in his Church Of Christ that you can sin all you want and God will let you get away with it.

Johnny hasn't repented of lying about the girls at the Kernersville church. Johnny hasn't repented about PoeGate. Johnny hasn't repented of the sin of denying communion. Johnny hasn't repented of harassing people in worship services. Johnny hasn't repented anything that we know of.

Johnny continues to be a sinful reprobate. He thinks he is going to heaven because he is in Church Of Christ without having to change his sinful ways. He believes in once saved always saved just like Baptists! Johnny goes on sinning though unlike most Baptists that I know of. I don't know of any Baptists who sin because they think they're going to heaven anyway. They sin and repent. Johnny sins and never repents!!!! He goes on getting worse and worse.

I think Johnny has become so obsessed with hating Baptists that he has become a Baptist. Johnny Robertson is more Baptist than the Baptists!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

New Guy wrote:
Obviously it makes a difference when you know the situation someone is in.
This is where I think Johnny has a valid point. For example the case in the bible were a man was "with" his step mom. Would he be allowed to have the Lords Supper?
New Guy wrote:
If you KNOW that someone has been excommunicated that is a different story now isn't it?
This opens the doors for more discussion. Many time one may be excommunicated for reasons that go beyond Scripture. If one believes having music with sing is okay, will such a one be able to have the Lords supper?
New Guy wrote:
If it's a visitor that you have no idea what their spiritual condition is, are you going to deny them the opportunity to gather around the table then?
This is where the rubber meets the road. If we have no idea about ones spiritual condition, should we ban them from Communion?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Martinsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Martinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Martinsville People Search