Johnny's Robertson family cult

Johnny's Robertson family cult

Posted in the Martinsville Forum

Barnabas

North Miami Beach, FL

#1 Mar 19, 2012
I have a question. Why does Johnny Robertson have only members of his family in charge of three Churches of Christ?

Johnny runs the Martinsville Church of Christ.

His son Micah runs the Danville Church of Christ.

His second-cousin James Oldfield runs the Eden Church of Christ.

His daughter Chay is hired as Johnny's full-time secretary.

His son Caleb is now going on Johnny's TV shows. Is Caleb being paid out of the Church of Christ wallet?

Johnny, James, and Micah don't have any other employment. They describe themselves as evangelists from the Church of Christ. It just seems very fishy that one family has control of so many congregations. One family controlling all those churches, all that money, all those people.

Is that a cult or what?
Barnsweb

Columbus, OH

#2 Mar 20, 2012
It's like politicians today. Those who know they will do their bidding will pay anyone who will do it:-)

Johnny and family is ample proof that donations flow to those who have intents and messages that are not good for the rest of us:-)

'By their fruits ye shall know them.'

Is Johnny a disciple of Jesus and teach what Jesus taught - or is Johnny a wolf in sheep's clothing?:-)
Pam

Axton, VA

#3 Mar 20, 2012
Barnabas wrote:
I have a question. Why does Johnny Robertson have only members of his family in charge of three Churches of Christ?
His son Caleb is now going on Johnny's TV shows. Is Caleb being paid out of the Church of Christ wallet?
Johnny, James, and Micah don't have any other employment. They describe themselves as evangelists from the Church of Christ. It just seems very fishy that one family has control of so many congregations. One family controlling all those churches, all that money, all those people.
Is that a cult or what?
Why aint yall jumpn on btw and how they do. I think yall have an axe to grind and yall can not get past this.
Pitiful is all i can say. If u aint notice. This forumn is almost dead since seeker wander and randy left yall/
Now yall dont have no body to fuss with so you you got whitman coming under another name now. Good luck on that one.
It was good to read till yall ran off the home Church boys. Too funny.
too funny

Morehead, KY

#4 Mar 20, 2012
Is that so SW? What a pathetic attempt at impersonation.
Big John

Morehead, KY

#5 Mar 20, 2012
Barnabas wrote:
Is that a cult or what?
I like to think of it as a family run business. As any corporation does we expand. Of course our expansion is in not in any way in the denominational sense of the word expansion. We keep it completely in the family therefore avoiding the entrapment of any type of leadership, other than my own. What I say, GOES!!!!! Whitman.
Bfrank

Martinsville, VA

#6 Mar 20, 2012
Barnabas wrote:
Is that a cult or what?
This is what the Church of Christ accuse the Catholics of - being an organized church with the Pope as the head of the church. Now the shoe is on the other foot & Johnny Robertson is the head of three churches. But notice Heath is silent on this issue? So this begs the question, Is Johnny even qualified to run ONE church? Consider what does the bible say...
**He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect.(If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?),1Timothy 3:4-5
So is Johnny qualified to take care of God's church in light of God's Word when you consider Johnny's son Micah arrested for trespassing & Johnny's daughter Chay out of wedlock preganancy? If Johnny isn't qualified to run ONE church why in the world is he running THREE churches? Notice how the CofC can see error in denominations, but give a free pass to scandal among their own?
**For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 1Peter 4:17
Bfrank

Martinsville, VA

#7 Mar 20, 2012
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aint yall jumpn on btw and how they do. I think yall have an axe to grind and yall can not get past this.
Pitiful is all i can say. If u aint notice. This forumn is almost dead since seeker wander and randy left yall/
Now yall dont have no body to fuss with so you you got whitman coming under another name now. Good luck on that one.
It was good to read till yall ran off the home Church boys. Too funny.
Oh,I have a hunch that "Seeking Wanderer" is till around, wouldn't you say Pam/Tracy?
Best regards,
Your friend Bfrank
Bfrank

Martinsville, VA

#8 Mar 20, 2012
Big John wrote:
<quoted text>I like to think of it as a family run business. As any corporation does we expand. Of course our expansion is in not in any way in the denominational sense of the word expansion. We keep it completely in the family therefore avoiding the entrapment of any type of leadership, other than my own. What I say, GOES!!!!! Whitman.
I think I understand now, If denominations do it it's wrong- if Johnny does it it's ok...
"Johnny's church Johnny's rules"
Whitman

United States

#9 Mar 20, 2012
Barnabas wrote:
Is that a cult or what?
Yes it is a cult!!!! And many people in Martinsville and Collinsville have asked the same thing. Why does Johnny Robertson's family run it all? How much money are they all getting? Are they the holy family of the Church Of Christ?
walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#10 Mar 20, 2012
Considering this has been going on for 10 years I would say it totally exposes John's fear of allowing elders to guide the fellowship.

10 years to train elders and we are still waiting...
Barnabas

North Miami Beach, FL

#11 Mar 20, 2012
Bfrank wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what the Church of Christ accuse the Catholics of - being an organized church with the Pope as the head of the church. Now the shoe is on the other foot & Johnny Robertson is the head of three churches. But notice Heath is silent on this issue? So this begs the question, Is Johnny even qualified to run ONE church? Consider what does the bible say...
**He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect.(If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?),1Timothy 3:4-5
So is Johnny qualified to take care of God's church in light of God's Word when you consider Johnny's son Micah arrested for trespassing & Johnny's daughter Chay out of wedlock preganancy? If Johnny isn't qualified to run ONE church why in the world is he running THREE churches? Notice how the CofC can see error in denominations, but give a free pass to scandal among their own?
**For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 1Peter 4:17
Johnny runs three churches with his own family members. They are all paid full-time.

But not one of those three churches have elders. And Johnny's family has been running those three churches for over ten years. Ten years and not one qualified elder.

Johnny and his family fail to meet the Bible qualifications of a pastor, elder, deacon, overseer, or everything else that Paul described. Johnny's daughter became pregnant out of wedlock and his oldest son has a criminal record for trespassing. Doesn't sound like Johnny Robertson has managed his children very well.

But despite all of this he thinks he can sit in judgment of other Christians and declare they aren't true Christians at all.

Johnny Robertson and his family don't have planks in their eyes. They have a whole entire lumber yard.
BIg John

Morehead, KY

#12 Mar 21, 2012
If you people don't quit talking negatively about me, I am going to quit coming on here and addressing your questions. That goes for you also, Whitman!!!!!!
jorge

Lillington, NC

#13 Mar 21, 2012
The real question is this: If these family members are qualified to be the "evangelists" at other churches, how come they were not just made elders in the Martinsville Church. How can you be building other churches when your own church is not following the Biblical model of elders?

Also, why are these churches mainly built around their star-news-television shows? They seem to feed off of "infamy." They like the small amount of attention they get around here and rather than changing their methods that are obviously not producing fruit/converts, they continue to waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on their television shows. It seems that they feed off of the negative attention, so it doesn't really matter that the shows are not really changing anyone's opinions.
Barnsweb

Copperopolis, CA

#14 Mar 21, 2012
Odd, isn't it, the certain type of people who feed off negatives for attention? Hopefully those here who have tried to bring some sense to the JR issue will have a front row seat when God gets around to asking Johnny some REAL questions about why he said or did this or that:-)
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#15 Mar 21, 2012
About 15 years ago we had a friend who's son with his wife and children left for Washington state with a small church group to start a mission field. They split off of an independent baptist church here in north texas.

Got an email today saying that one of the leaders in that group has been arrested for rape within the group which has about 40 members down from a high of 75, the parents are worried about their children and grandchildren who they have not heard from in 15 years.

Here is the website for that church/cult.

http://www.sdoctrine.org/

I had an ongoing email conversation with their leader for a few months but he finally cut me off when he found out I knew one of his members...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Annual coat drive kicks off another year in Dan... Dec 7 Blecchh 1
dr.joel smithers (Sep '16) Sep '17 Lurliec 5
Jessica Griffith Star News Personality Arrested... (Jul '11) Jul '17 Jay Kendricks 9
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 48
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 151
Johnny Robertson, when were you baptized? (Apr '15) Jun '17 Sig Fife 20
Looking Jun '17 Captain Hotdog 1

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages