Jehovah God Gave To Us A Sacrifice

Jehovah God Gave To Us A Sacrifice

Posted in the Martinsville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Witness

Martinsville, VA

#1 Apr 2, 2013
Peter was not telling those Jews that baptism only is good if you have in your mind what baptism does. Baptism does nothing but represent one as a believer picturing the death burial and resurrection of Jehovahs Son. The pet verse 2:38 of Acts does not say understand this and you will be washed with water that cleanses your soul with the blood of Christ. Take a look at the surrounding context then look at the results of 2:38 of Acts. The Jews for whom Peter washed in water already knew Jesus shed his blood for them. They were not inquiring of Peter about forgiveness because Peter told them about forgiveness by Jesus blood shed on the cross when he delivered to them the gospel. After being believers in Jehovahs Son they inquired of Peter what to do. Peter does not say be saved by understanding the teachings of baptism. His entire thesis was on Jehovahs Son and he preached the Son as one who shed his blood for forgiveness of sin. Peter knew that the Jews were believers and tells them plainly that they now are to change their mind and not think on Jewish terms any longer and be immersed on the name of Jehovahs Son the Christ. In essence Peter said repent and turn from your Jewish ways because Jesus has made a new way and wrought forgiveness through his blood. Turn away from the old life of sacrificing animals and trust in Jehovahs Son for forgiveness of sins and be ye baptized and you will be indwelt with Jehovahs Holy Spirit.

*repent with a view of Jehovahs Son the Christ the one who shed his blood for forgiveness of sins

*be ye baptized and ye will receive the very spirit of Jehovah God

The command said repent and be baptized. This is mans duty as a believer in Jesus.

Jehovahs work is placing the believer with his Spirit sealing him as a son adopted into the family of Jehovah adding the believer to the body of his Christ. If you have repented and been baptized Jehovah will work in you what he promises no matter if your understanding is limited. Jehovah God requires child like faith not a masters degree. Come to him believing on his Son the anointed One and place child like faith in him and turn from your own righteousness and trust Jehovahs Son for forgiveness of sins and be ye baptized and Jehovah God will work in you that which he promises to all who come to his son. This is not by intellect but by faith in Jehovahs Son. Trust on him and turn from your past and be ye baptized for Jehovahs Son has redeemed you from this world and delivered from the evil one. All praises be to God our father for giving us a great blood offering for which we can be thankful and come boldly to the throne of grace. In Christ we trust and be forever grateful. Amen.
Witness

Martinsville, VA

#2 Apr 2, 2013
Do you regard faith as an intellectual work of man? Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Jehovah. Do you perceive the bible and the teachings contained therein to be the word that brings faith? Jehovahs Son is the living word for which Peter delivered to the Jews the gospel in which they believed in Jehovahs Son before any bible was written. Faith comes by hearing and that hearing comes from the living word of Jehovah God the anointed Son of God. His blood redeemed man back to God and on this foundation man repents and man is immersed and doing so comes by faith and it results in God fulfilling his promise to add to the body those who come with such child like faith.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 Apr 2, 2013
Witness wrote:
Peter was not telling those Jews that baptism only is good if you have in your mind what baptism does. Baptism does nothing but represent one as a believer picturing the death burial and resurrection of Jehovahs Son. The pet verse 2:38 of Acts does not say understand this and you will be washed with water that cleanses your soul with the blood of Christ. Take a look at the surrounding context then look at the results of 2:38 of Acts. The Jews for whom Peter washed in water already knew Jesus shed his blood for them. They were not inquiring of Peter about forgiveness because Peter told them about forgiveness by Jesus blood shed on the cross when he delivered to them the gospel. After being believers in Jehovahs Son they inquired of Peter what to do. Peter does not say be saved by understanding the teachings of baptism. His entire thesis was on Jehovahs Son and he preached the Son as one who shed his blood for forgiveness of sin. Peter knew that the Jews were believers and tells them plainly that they now are to change their mind and not think on Jewish terms any longer and be immersed on the name of Jehovahs Son the Christ. In essence Peter said repent and turn from your Jewish ways because Jesus has made a new way and wrought forgiveness through his blood. Turn away from the old life of sacrificing animals and trust in Jehovahs Son for forgiveness of sins and be ye baptized and you will be indwelt with Jehovahs Holy Spirit.
*repent with a view of Jehovahs Son the Christ the one who shed his blood for forgiveness of sins
*be ye baptized and ye will receive the very spirit of Jehovah God
The command said repent and be baptized. This is mans duty as a believer in Jesus.
Jehovahs work is placing the believer with his Spirit sealing him as a son adopted into the family of Jehovah adding the believer to the body of his Christ. If you have repented and been baptized Jehovah will work in you what he promises no matter if your understanding is limited. Jehovah God requires child like faith not a masters degree. Come to him believing on his Son the anointed One and place child like faith in him and turn from your own righteousness and trust Jehovahs Son for forgiveness of sins and be ye baptized and Jehovah God will work in you that which he promises to all who come to his son. This is not by intellect but by faith in Jehovahs Son. Trust on him and turn from your past and be ye baptized for Jehovahs Son has redeemed you from this world and delivered from the evil one. All praises be to God our father for giving us a great blood offering for which we can be thankful and come boldly to the throne of grace. In Christ we trust and be forever grateful. Amen.
In the Acts 2:38 account this is what happened, A story was told about a savior rejected thereby the understanding of those told was they were lost. The question arose (after they were understanding what they had done) WHAT SHALL WE DO NOW? The answer from the Holy Spirit filled person was then given. Repent and be baptized. So yes they understood.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Apr 2, 2013
Witness wrote:
Do you regard faith as an intellectual work of man? Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Jehovah. Do you perceive the bible and the teachings contained therein to be the word that brings faith? Jehovahs Son is the living word for which Peter delivered to the Jews the gospel in which they believed in Jehovahs Son before any bible was written. Faith comes by hearing and that hearing comes from the living word of Jehovah God the anointed Son of God. His blood redeemed man back to God and on this foundation man repents and man is immersed and doing so comes by faith and it results in God fulfilling his promise to add to the body those who come with such child like faith.
Here is what faith is according to the Holy Spirit. Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
Witness

Martinsville, VA

#5 Apr 2, 2013
Sir with all due respect may I inform you that the Jews indeed knew more than you give them credit. Surely they realized they killed Jehovahs Son but sir they too were fed the good news that the Christ they helped crucify was the Lamb of God spoken of by John. This Lamb they knew taketh sins away for his blood was shed for forgiveness of sins. Before asking Peter what to do may I ask of you sir did they know Jehovahs Son redeemed mankind forgiving sins through his blood? They indeed knew this before they ask the apostle Peter what to do so your case falls flat sir. They knew they were forgiven so they had no reason to ask that for which they already knew.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#6 Apr 2, 2013
Witness wrote:
Sir with all due respect may I inform you that the Jews indeed knew more than you give them credit. Surely they realized they killed Jehovahs Son but sir they too were fed the good news that the Christ they helped crucify was the Lamb of God spoken of by John. This Lamb they knew taketh sins away for his blood was shed for forgiveness of sins. Before asking Peter what to do may I ask of you sir did they know Jehovahs Son redeemed mankind forgiving sins through his blood? They indeed knew this before they ask the apostle Peter what to do so your case falls flat sir. They knew they were forgiven so they had no reason to ask that for which they already knew.
Thanks for the respect but not needed.:) They knew about animal blood sacrifices and what that meant and since the Old Covenant was doing exactly what was intended, bringing them to Christ they did ask What shall we do? Because they had killed the messiah and rejected him, thereby they were not considered a friend. So although they knew in the Old Covenant what to do now they had no idea how to access the forgiveness and that is what Peter told them. Once they heard that they understood and obeyed.
nobody

Dahlonega, GA

#7 Apr 3, 2013
Heb 9:22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.
Mat 26:28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

It is a blood covenant not a water covenant. The argument that blood is applied by man through water baptism is certainly a stretch of what the bible teaches. Jesus shed the blood and applies the blood. It is very kind of man to give the Lord permission to apply the blood when man chooses to baptize someone but the bible does not teach that.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#8 Apr 3, 2013
nobody wrote:
Heb 9:22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.
Mat 26:28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
It is a blood covenant not a water covenant. The argument that blood is applied by man through water baptism is certainly a stretch of what the bible teaches. Jesus shed the blood and applies the blood. It is very kind of man to give the Lord permission to apply the blood when man chooses to baptize someone but the bible does not teach that.
I disagree with your thought process and would like you to show your theology from the bible and then show what baptism in the bible was about.
Witness

Martinsville, VA

#9 Apr 3, 2013
Permit me to oblige you with factual relevance to the case at hand. Notably that the Apostle Peter delivered to the Jews the good news of Johovahs Son Who gave His Life that His Blood remits sin. The Jews heard the message did they not and did they not see Johovahs Son as the One slain for sin and knew Him as the Lamb of God spoken of by John? They were not asking a rhetorical question when they inquired of Peter what to do.
Witness

Martinsville, VA

#10 Apr 3, 2013
The Jews knew the answer to the question you allege they ask of Peter. Peter does not elude to unmentioned premises in abbreviated reasoning that can be taken for granted as generally acknowledged as their hearts being pricks gives ample evidence to the fact they understood the blood being shed forgave them. They were not only weeping over Johovahs Son whom they killed but weeping because of acceptance of the blood for which Jesus shed that sins be forgiven. At the point of inquiring of Peter the Jews already had faith in his message and knew full well that Johovahs Son brought forgiveness by His blood. Upon this fact the Jews turned from their idolatry and Jewish ways and entered baptism knowing completely that their sins were already taken away by Johovahs Son upon the cross!! Their repentance and baptism were acted out on factual grounds of the good news of Jesus Christ. Since the Jews repented and were baptized with prior knowledge of Johovahs Son forgiving sin then logically they took hold of the commands of Peter on the grounds of forgiveness of sins just like every Christian Church does. Do not think of yourself as something special as if you are allowed into the body on some other basis. We all look upon Johovahs Son his blood that shed for our sin. Baptism is valid and good because Johovahs Sons work on that old rugged cross was valid and good. That is why we repent and why we enter baptism. We all enter on those terms.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#11 Apr 3, 2013
Witness wrote:
The Jews knew the answer to the question you allege they ask of Peter. Peter does not elude to unmentioned premises in abbreviated reasoning that can be taken for granted as generally acknowledged as their hearts being pricks gives ample evidence to the fact they understood the blood being shed forgave them. They were not only weeping over Johovahs Son whom they killed but weeping because of acceptance of the blood for which Jesus shed that sins be forgiven. At the point of inquiring of Peter the Jews already had faith in his message and knew full well that Johovahs Son brought forgiveness by His blood. Upon this fact the Jews turned from their idolatry and Jewish ways and entered baptism knowing completely that their sins were already taken away by Johovahs Son upon the cross!! Their repentance and baptism were acted out on factual grounds of the good news of Jesus Christ. Since the Jews repented and were baptized with prior knowledge of Johovahs Son forgiving sin then logically they took hold of the commands of Peter on the grounds of forgiveness of sins just like every Christian Church does. Do not think of yourself as something special as if you are allowed into the body on some other basis. We all look upon Johovahs Son his blood that shed for our sin. Baptism is valid and good because Johovahs Sons work on that old rugged cross was valid and good. That is why we repent and why we enter baptism. We all enter on those terms.
Read your fancy words. Plain speaking this is what happened. Peter preached the gospel message of Christ being the savior, being rejected, being killed, being risen, at that point the people who believed this message ask the message giver (full of Holy Spirit) WHAT SHALL WE DO? They did not simply leave and say we already knew that. Peter gave the inspired command to be obeyed and those who were convinced this was the Christ obeyed the command. Plain and simple. Those that did not believe the message rejected again he Christ.
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#12 Apr 3, 2013
Witness it appears to me that you make some assumptions about the Jews and their beliefs that the text does not say. He had mentioned nothing of the Lamb of God, nor went into any theological details of atonement or forgiveness or anything else. The text says that Peter preached that the Jews were guilty of crucifying Jesus, and that He is indeed the Christ. To say anything else about what they believed at that point is assumption, and going beyond what's there. It appears to be someone reading in what they desire it to mean.

Also you speak of them leaving their Jewish ways, that is absolutely incorrect, and a reading of the book of Acts and some of Paul's letters thoroughly dismisses that notion.
Witness

Martinsville, VA

#13 Apr 3, 2013
Facts to consider

*The Jews had knowledge of Jehovahs sons forgiving sin by his blood
*When they repented they knew Jesus blood shed for sins
*When they were immersed in water they knew Jesus blood shed for sins
*Today most all Churches repent and are baptized with a view towards Jesus shed blood
*Repentance is valid when one does so trusting in Jehovahs sons who forgave sin by his blood
*Baptism is valid when one does so trusting in Jehovahs sons who forgave sin by his blood
*Jesus shed his blood for remission of sins on the cross
*Jesus blood is not found in water baptism
*When baptized the baptized person looks back to what Jehovahs sons done for them
*Repentance does not buy forgiveness of sin
*Baptism does not buy forgiveness of sin
*Jesus shed blood bought forgiveness of sin
*At repentance and baptism we have a view of the gospel already
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#14 Apr 3, 2013
Witness, if you truly are a Jehovah's Witness which you appear to be, why are you talking about Christ's work on the "old rugged cross" when the Witnesses believe Jesus was crucified on a STAKE? I have literature and pictures from the witnesses with Jesus on an I-beam like stake.
Witness

Martinsville, VA

#15 Apr 3, 2013
Dave P wrote:
Witness it appears to me that you make some assumptions about the Jews and their beliefs that the text does not say. He had mentioned nothing of the Lamb of God, nor went into any theological details of atonement or forgiveness or anything else. The text says that Peter preached that the Jews were guilty of crucifying Jesus, and that He is indeed the Christ. To say anything else about what they believed at that point is assumption, and going beyond what's there. It appears to be someone reading in what they desire it to mean.
Also you speak of them leaving their Jewish ways, that is absolutely incorrect, and a reading of the book of Acts and some of Paul's letters thoroughly dismisses that notion.
Sir by Jewish ways I spoke of animal sacrifices.

Yes the Jews knew theological details of atonement and forgiveness. On what basis do you regard forgiveness of sins? Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. Indeed the Jews grasp this concept when they repented and were immersed. If not you have Peter teaching water regeneration
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#16 Apr 3, 2013
Witness, JustChristian is right on many counts. Here is one thing:

Keep
It
Simple
Son
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#17 Apr 3, 2013
Witness wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir by Jewish ways I spoke of animal sacrifices.
Yes the Jews knew theological details of atonement and forgiveness. On what basis do you regard forgiveness of sins? Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. Indeed the Jews grasp this concept when they repented and were immersed. If not you have Peter teaching water regeneration
The Jews knew theological details of the old system. Where do you read that Peter gave a sermon on systematic theology? Where do you read that he broke that all down in detail on Pentecost? I see that nowhere. Peter simply preached that Jesus was the Christ, they were guilty of crucifying Him, and they asked what shall we do?

God gave Israel 40 years to come out of the Jewish system, but you say they knew immediately on Pentecost and abandoned all of it. I am sorry, but you are making assumptions not supported by the word.
Witness

Martinsville, VA

#18 Apr 3, 2013
You admit the good news was delivered to the Jews. They knew Jehovahs Son died and was buried then rose. Are you seriously going to allege they knew nothing of Jesus blood shed for remission of sins. One cannot be forgiven without the shedding of blood so you now contend the Jews were ignorant of this fact when they repented and were baptized. You cannot be serious. They fully knew that Jesus was their sacrifice for sin. I believe you wish to have them ignorant of the purpose of Jesus shed blood so that baptism can be elevated. Shame on the soul who perverts the word to fit his doctrine of water for remission of sins. To say that the Jews failed to understand Jesus blood was shed for sin is fatal error that leads to works based salvation called baptismal regeneration. Who has bewitched you?
Witness

Martinsville, VA

#19 Apr 3, 2013
This is a most interesting concept. You state that the Jews repented even baptized not aware that Jesus blood forgives sin but on the other hand say baptism is not valid if someone doesnt understand water is the place Jehovah God forgives sin. Can you have your cake and eat it too? By your own words you confirm that complete knowledge isnt required to make baptism valid. If the Jews repented and were baptized not having any knowledge of Jesus blood forgiving them this puts us today at an advantage. If they were added to the Church and ignorant of certain things we all can enter by that same grace. Thank you for helping clear this up.
Witness

Martinsville, VA

#20 Apr 3, 2013
Dave P wrote:
Witness, if you truly are a Jehovah's Witness which you appear to be, why are you talking about Christ's work on the "old rugged cross" when the Witnesses believe Jesus was crucified on a STAKE? I have literature and pictures from the witnesses with Jesus on an I-beam like stake.
The old rugged cross was verbiage you could relate to. The Romans used beams not t-shaped crosses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Medicaid expansion in Virginia Thu Patient X 1
Your opinions of Morgan Co. judges Feb 4 Resident 1
Johnny Robertsonís church of Christ (Feb '13) Feb 3 William 163
You Feb 3 wrinkles 5
FBI in 2900 block of Old Morgantown Road. Any o... Jan 28 Marie 2
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Jan 26 LAWEST100 44
Catholics (Feb '14) Jan 14 Barnsweb 3,222
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages