Does James teach that both faith and ...
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#63 Jan 27, 2014
Sorry BW, there's this little book called the Bible I'll stick with. I've had quite enough of wading through nonsense like JWO and not Paul but Jesus. They're not honest scholars.

I did notice on your website you called JWO one of the most important books in Christianity in over 1000 years. May God have mercy on you for that idea.

Give it another year or so, you'll be convinced Messiah hasn't come yet.
Barnswe

Akron, OH

#64 Jan 28, 2014
Regarding 'the just shall live by faith', not just any faith will do. After reading "Apollyon Rising - 2012", by Tom Horn, I was discussing a few things with someone at our local clubhouse. After a while another came over to the conversation, charging me with speaking badly against the Masons - and he was a 32nd degree Mason. As I told him, he could read the book and let me know if he found any lies in it - that I certainly wanted to know. About two months later he returned the book with the simple comment of "I guess it's just a matter of who you believe." He found no lies, and realized it is a matter of belief. So it I with the Christian faith. Most everyone holds their peculiar beliefs and their faith is based from what they believe and who they believe is true or what they want to believe is true. Just having a belief is not faith that God seeks. Our belief must also reside with the fear of God and His blessings are with those who tremble at His word.(Isaiah 66)

I've studied Paul most of my life and used to regard his words - but no more. Now that I can see that my questions are all answered in what Jesus taught and that there is freedom from lies and false doctrine to abide in what He taught - therein is my joy - to believe God and His Apostle to mankind with the message that leads to the real truth and eternal life and that doesn't exclude any word of God ever given to men.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#65 Jan 28, 2014
James 2:14-26

Galatians 5:6

Saving faith works in love.

It's not real hard once you get away from evangelical error.

www.roysecitycoc.org
Barnsweb

Akron, OH

#66 Jan 28, 2014
Yes, saving faith that is faithful and works in love is required. We can know that from the teachings of Jesus and neither of us, or anyone else, needs to go to the writings of Paul to find that out. James isn't even needed to know that.

The issue is the truth God spoke regarding His word and how we should regard it and do it. That's what matters. God has said so. Then all the prophets and finally His Son.

If we are familiar with His teachings we might make Him the focus of our faith as John testified to in I and II John.

Paul spoke against the goodness of the words of God. Paul spoke against angels when saying they were 'beggarly' who gave the Law to Moses and Israel. This is what enraged the crowd at the stoning of Steven - did he not proclaim the Law was given by angels and not God?

We must 'rightly divide the Scriptures.' First division is to note, as Jesus did, that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. When, or if, you ever realize not every word in the "Bible" carries equal authority or truth, you might come to realize I was right.

One thing I certainly agree with my main counterpoint here from the RCC is that it is wrong to worship a book - our difference is between who we follow. He follows the Church, whereas I seek out the truth God spoke, as Jesus directed me to. It's amazing how much can be discerned when you start facing facts as God gave them and not pretend that any liar or detractor from His words knows more than the Christ or those who are His disciples "indeed".
Barnsweb

Akron, OH

#67 Jan 28, 2014
HEATH - 72 wrote:
James 2:14-26
Galatians 5:6
Saving faith works in love.
It's not real hard once you get away from evangelical error.
www.roysecitycoc.org
onediscipletoanother.org
jesuswordsonly.com

Faith without works is dead.
Is praying for someone a work?
What is a work?(aside from the five elements of worship;-)

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#68 Jan 28, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text> onediscipletoanother.org
jesuswordsonly.com

Faith without works is dead.
Is praying for someone a work?
What is a work?(aside from the five elements of worship;-)
CCC 2447
Barnsweb

Akron, OH

#69 Jan 28, 2014
Our work is to do His will - to do what He said we should do - as He gives us opportunity....

Later

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) Aug 22 mpetershat 3,369
Victory Baptist Church: The BIG cross (Apr '12) Aug 20 Mel 21
Christians Murder American Indians (Jan '12) Jun '16 Kevo8263 32
Sarah Smith nude ! (Jul '12) Jun '16 sarasmith 2
The Bible teaches that the Earth will never end (Apr '15) May '16 Anonymous 38
thomas jefferson edwards Apr '16 nuks67 2
Norm Fields – FORMER employee of Johnny Robertson (Feb '12) Apr '16 GunFighter 29

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages