Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#171 Sep 13, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> You can only say it so many times that Jesus has the final word, not some Pope. Catholics live in fear of asking questions about God, cause the CC condemns anyone who questions them and will excommunicate them for thinking, but this will be deny also.
So Jesus talks to you?
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#172 Sep 13, 2013
Mike, hello@!!! The gospels are the accounts of the life and teaching of Jesus Christ. We hear those words still today. What did Jesus say in John 14-17 about those who believe on Him from what they wrote of Him in their gospels?

I'll just rest my soul on that comment He made and not put weight that I rather have any need to believe the RCC because they say so. I'll believe Jesus any day!:-)
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#173 Sep 13, 2013
On the side of not hearing something because it wasn't put in the CC list of NT Scripture, there are a few books to consider yet...
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#174 Sep 14, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Mike, hello@!!! The gospels are the accounts of the life and teaching of Jesus Christ. We hear those words still today. What did Jesus say in John 14-17 about those who believe on Him from what they wrote of Him in their gospels?
I'll just rest my soul on that comment He made and not put weight that I rather have any need to believe the RCC because they say so. I'll believe Jesus any day!:-)
Agreed. So why don't you eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus?

They say Jesus started a Church. Why are you not a member?

Every Christian for 1.5 millennium believed both of these. Billions. Why don't you?

I know. You are smarter than anybody else. You are your own Church and Pope.

You non Catholics think we are making a joke when we say that. Think about it. Every Prot on here thinks they have the authority.

A true Christian belongs to the Kingdom, not a Democracy, of God. You obey God.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#175 Sep 14, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus talks to you?
Where did I say that Jesus spoke to me. I guess you never read the Bible on what the prophets and jesus said.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#176 Sep 14, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Christian for 1.5 millennium believed both of these. Billions. Why don't you?
You non Catholics think we are making a joke when we say that. Think about it. Every Prot on here thinks they have the authority.
That is a Roman pagan custom and Idol worship. You really think that the eating of stale bread and cheap wine your taken in the Body and Blood of Jesus. Remember, what we call the last supper, Has it was his custom, Jesus and the apostles were celebrating Passover.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#178 Sep 14, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>If you think about it, there is really no point in Mark and Mike reading the bible. They are not going to answer any question about the bible so why bother. It's tradition all the way for those two. I seriously doubt they are Catholic,if they are they are probably part of some fringe branch.
No one owes trash like you a thing.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#179 Sep 14, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>If you think about it, there is really no point in Mark and Mike reading the bible. They are not going to answer any question about the bible so why bother. It's tradition all the way for those two. I seriously doubt they are Catholic,if they are they are probably part of some fringe branch.
I read the Bible daily. I posted a whole month of what was read in every Church in the world each of the days.. A good Catholic hears more scripture from the readings and the liturgy of the mass than a Protestant hears in a month or two.

I don' t discuss the meaning of scriptures with anybody that believes in SS. Complete waste of time. Everybody has their own personal HS telling them the truth. Everybody else is wrong. The Democracy of God.

Heresy.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#180 Sep 14, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
To be honest, I think that they are in BIG TIME DENIAL about some of the statements said here over time. They cannot ignore what was said here if they really do read the bible. But there is one problem. There is a bible called the Catholic bible. What they don'y know is that many of the reading of the Gospels of the 4 were change or verses added or taken away to agree with the teaching of the CC. This came from a person called Clement, who did a lot of the changes to help destroy the Christian jews, Gnostic Christian etc etc. He believe it was more important to lie and make one church the leader and control all christians. This is why the Nicean Creed was wrttien. It was a pledge then and not a pray has it is believe today, to get the people to follow the CC and control everything the CC said.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#181 Sep 14, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider what Jesus said true, do you? Glad to hear you obey God - that's what Jesus said to do. So why do you believe what CC tradition holds over what Jesus taught on any manner?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#182 Sep 14, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider what Jesus said true, do you? Glad to hear you obey God - that's what Jesus said to do. So why do you believe what CC tradition holds over what Jesus taught on any manner?
I don't. The Church teaches exactly what Jesus teaches.

Who cares of you don't agree. That is your personal opinion.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#183 Sep 15, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't. The Church teaches exactly what Jesus teaches.
Who cares of you don't agree. That is your personal opinion.
Then why does the CC places Mary on the same level of God and Jesus. Why does the CC pray to Mary, when Jesus said to pray only to him and the father. Why does it teaches that Mary ascened into heaven. Aug 15, feast of the "Assumption." Why is it called the Assumption. I'll answer that for you. The CC "ASSUMES" that Mary was taken up into heaven. If that happen, don't you think somebody would of mentioned it in it's writings. Fault teaching by the CC. Not what Jesus, Apostles or anybody else said in any Bible, even the Catholic does not have it.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#184 Sep 16, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Then why does the CC places Mary on the same level of God and Jesus. Why does the CC pray to Mary, when Jesus said to pray only to him and the father. Why does it teaches that Mary ascened into heaven. Aug 15, feast of the "Assumption." Why is it called the Assumption. I'll answer that for you. The CC "ASSUMES" that Mary was taken up into heaven. If that happen, don't you think somebody would of mentioned it in it's writings. Fault teaching by the CC. Not what Jesus, Apostles or anybody else said in any Bible, even the Catholic does not have it.
Foolish man. You are taking what you think you know and getting it all scrambled up.

My wife has early onset dementia. That was one of the first signs.

Mixing up stuff.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#185 Sep 16, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Water almost came out through my nose on this one.
So you believe the Church was built on Peter, that to gain eternal life you have have to eat the body of Jesus and drink his blood, that you should bring the children to him and not keep them pagan and that you believe that your pastor is a successor to the Apostles and that you must confess your sins to one another.
Well every Christian from AD 32 to 1520 was Catholic so there are billions to pick from, but I will got to the top.
The Apostles and the 5 Popes of the 1st Century.
St. Peter (32-67)
St. Linus (67-76)
St. Anacletus (Cletus)(76-88)
St. Clement I (88-97)
St. Evaristus (97-105)
I can give you some quotes from each if you want but I will just give one form St Clement on Apostolic Succession.
Through Our Lord Jesus Christ our Apostles knew that there would be strife over the office of episcopacy. Accordingly, since they had obtained a perfect foreknowledge of this, they appointed those men already mentioned. And they afterwards gave instructions that when those men would fall asleep, other approved men should succeed them in their ministry. Therefore, we are of the opinion that those appointed by the Apostles, or afterwards by other acclaimed men, with the consent of the whole church, and who have blamelessly served the flock of Christ in a humble, peaceable, and disinterested spirit, and have for a long time possessed the good opinion of all, cannot be justly dismissed from the ministry." St. Clement Of Rome, "The Epistle Of Clement To The Corinthians," c. 96 A.D.
I feel kind of sorry for you that your Theological History started 30 years after America was a country.
But I am over it.
Please name me 1 man from 32 AD to 1800. Just 1 who believes like you.
church was not built on any man including Peter. Church built on faith of the follower. That is biblical. Pope peter is not.

Blow your nose more often to avoid water out of it.

Location hidden

#186 Sep 16, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull Sh*t I don't know who you think you're kidding. The Church of Christ and Baptist Church are like two peas in the liturgical pod. Same order of worship, same water tanks, same hymns, same pulpits and preaching, same little cups of Welchs, same Sunday and Wednesday night services. You will not find anything remotely like these in the Episcopal, Lutheran, Presbyterian denominations which are much older prots than Baptists and their CofC spawn.
Yep Baptist closer to truth than those others. Esp Catholics.:) Hey you can type Bull butter and not have to skip letters.:)

Location hidden

#187 Sep 16, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep Baptist closer to truth than those others. Esp Catholics.:) Hey you can type Bull butter and not have to skip letters.:)
LOL Wonder why if the Baptist (sic) are closer to truth than others, Alexander Campbell felt the need to leave the Baptist Church and start his own new denomination called The Church of Christ?

Location hidden

#188 Sep 16, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Wonder why if the Baptist (sic) are closer to truth than others, Alexander Campbell felt the need to leave the Baptist Church and start his own new denomination called The Church of Christ?
Same reason people leave the Rcc faith and come to the church found in the bible.

Location hidden

#189 Sep 16, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Same reason Jews left their faith and came to the Church in the bible.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#190 Sep 16, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Baptists???? There are about 150 Protestant communities in my phone book and right about 75 are Baptist.

None or related to each other and all try to "convert" each other's members. They also teach different things.

Of course there probably have been some splits since I last looked so there are probably more. Not more members just smaller congregations.

The Big 6 Flags Baptist Church is hurting for members. I believe they have 20+ paid ministers, many over 100 grand.

Their main competition is Fist Baptist now an emergent Church for the un -churched. One step below a Bible Church. Talk about believe what you want.

If the Pastor gets hit by a bus, the Church will go bankrupt.

Location hidden

#191 Sep 16, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Same reason people leave the Rcc faith and come to the church found in the bible.
I left the Campbell created CofC denomination and went to the real Church found in the Bible...the Roman Catholic Church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which church is this 10 min Barnsweb 20
Are You Ready? 58 min Randy 81
Who is Eric Picock 11 hr Bobby 10
Catholics (Feb '14) 11 hr Bobby 962
need a hook up/connect Sun claire grace 3
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sep 13 Tony 1,358
Sola fide? Sep 12 Bobby 12
•••
•••
•••

Martinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE