Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Another valuable manuscript that has never been possessed by the Roman Catholic Church is the Codex Alexandrianus. It, too, is now on exhibit in the manuscript room of the British Museum in London. It was a gift from the Patriarch of Constantinople (of the Greek Orthodox Church) to Charles I in 1628. It had been in possession of the Patriarchs for centuries and originally came from Alexandria, Egypt from which it gets its name. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was also made in the fourth century and, along with the Codex Sinaiticus, is thought to be one of the fifty Greek Bibles commissioned to be copied by Constantine.

In the light of the foregoing, the boastful claim of the Roman Catholic Church that it has been the sole guardian and preserver of the sacred Scriptures down to the present, is nothing but pure falsehood. The Bible is not a Catholic book. Catholics did not write it, nor does their doctrines and church meet the description of the doctrine and church of which it speaks. The New Testament was completed before the end of the first century, A.D. The things in it do not correspond to the Catholic Church which hundreds of years after the death of the apostles slowly evolved into what it now is.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

MCOC wrote:
If the Bible is a Catholic book,
1. Why does the Bible condemn clerical dress?(Matt. 23:5-6).
2. Why does the Bible teach against the adoration of Mary?(Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why does the Bible show that all Christians are priests?(1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why does the Bible condemn the observance of special days?(Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why does the Bible teach that all Christians are saints?(1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why does the Bible condemn the making and adoration of images?(Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why does the Bible teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).
8. Why does the Bible forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).
9. Why does the Bible teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why does the Bible teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why does the Bible teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is the Bible opposed to the primacy of Peter?(Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does the Bible oppose the idea of purgatory?(Luke 16:26).
14. Why is the Bible completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?
Come on back Mitchell. Donít run when presented with FACTS!
Don't you get bored posting and reposting this cut and paste sh*t?
MCOC

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you get bored posting and reposting this cut and paste sh*t?
Just as bored as you not being able to answer it :-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

MCOC wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go with this song and dance, again. Iím sure your church looks the same as it did in Acts of the Apostles.
7. Why does the Bible teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).
8. Why does the Bible forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).
9. Why does the Bible teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why does the Bible teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why does the Bible teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
14. Why is the Bible completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?
-Micah
Most certainly yours does not as there were none. Cracks me up! There were no purpose built church buildings for a very long time BUT once adaptation and construction began these structures were based on the Roman apsidal basilica. This has remained the norm for centuries from the largest cathedrals to the very smallest chapels. Yes, my church looks just like the earliest purpose built churches and except for a few quirky 20th century round ones all Catholic Churches do. Yours looks just like a Baptist church inside. I just don't understand why you accept this Baptist origin without questioning.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

MCOC wrote:
Another valuable manuscript that has never been possessed by the Roman Catholic Church is the Codex Alexandrianus. It, too, is now on exhibit in the manuscript room of the British Museum in London. It was a gift from the Patriarch of Constantinople (of the Greek Orthodox Church) to Charles I in 1628. It had been in possession of the Patriarchs for centuries and originally came from Alexandria, Egypt from which it gets its name. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was also made in the fourth century and, along with the Codex Sinaiticus, is thought to be one of the fifty Greek Bibles commissioned to be copied by Constantine.
In the light of the foregoing, the boastful claim of the Roman Catholic Church that it has been the sole guardian and preserver of the sacred Scriptures down to the present, is nothing but pure falsehood. The Bible is not a Catholic book. Catholics did not write it, nor does their doctrines and church meet the description of the doctrine and church of which it speaks. The New Testament was completed before the end of the first century, A.D. The things in it do not correspond to the Catholic Church which hundreds of years after the death of the apostles slowly evolved into what it now is.
How many times have you been to the British Museum??? I've been lots. Where did you get this copy and paste nonsense? RC Sproul?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

MCOC wrote:
<quoted text>
No sensible person would play the Proof Texting game with you as no sensible person would proof text. But let's take number one. Do you not wear a suit or jacket and tie when you are are presiding at a worship service, a funeral or wedding, or appearing on television? I hate to break the bad news to you but that is clerical dress in these instances so you are in violation of your own rule.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

MCOC wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo won't get any answers from these two Catholics. They may not even be Catholics. You couldn't prove it by me.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have you been to the British Museum??? I've been lots. Where did you get this copy and paste nonsense? RC Sproul?
Just because you haven't learned to copy and paste yet doesn't mean the rest of us are computer illiterates.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

If the Catholics created the canon why are the cannons of the other churches different to this day? The Coptic and Orthodox go back to the early church and have different cannons and don't intend to change. How can the Catholics claim they created anything? All the codexes were before the Catholic claims were made also and they vary.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

I have posted some points about other churches and their different cannon from the beginning and the fact they consider the Catholics a different man. Naturally no response from our Catholic pretenders.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

canon explained wrote:
<quoted text>I think we shall. With a little help from my friends Mark and Mike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Great link. I never knew the Pope into that lifestyle but pictures tell a thousand words. He plays the lead and the Pope wold have it no other way, he wears a shirt with Holy Trinity on it, and wears a funny hat. No doubt about it that's the Pope.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you impress us or it makes you more knowledgeable than us if you brag about where you have been? I have been to some of the places you have shown on You Tube. I don't brag about it, I consider myself fortunate to have had the opportunity to have visited the places I have but it makes me in no way more knowledgeable that those that have not.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Anonymous Proxy wrote:
If the Catholics created the canon why are the cannons of the other churches different to this day? The Coptic and Orthodox go back to the early church and have different cannons and don't intend to change. How can the Catholics claim they created anything? All the codexes were before the Catholic claims were made also and they vary.
You have no credibility. You are anonymous in your name and beliefs.

Who care what you think 2000 years after Jesus started the Catholic Church.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have reached the ultimate bottom of Protestant food chain, below the 'Bible and Me' crowd to 'Jesus and Me'.
Well, Luke has Jesus saying to dig down to the bedrock of His teachings and build our lives on being hearers and doers of His word:-) So, in that sense, yes, I think I'm at the bottom where Jesus said I should go - the bedrock of building my life upon His word - to both hear Him in all things and to be a doer as opportunity is given.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no credibility. You are anonymous in your name and beliefs.
Who care what you think 2000 years after Jesus started the Catholic Church.
Mike, hate to be the one to tell you, but you appear to be casting stones because you can't address facts that show your theory to be abjectly wrong. How about an honest and truthful answer for a change of defending or determining the truth and fact?
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

MCOC wrote:
If the Bible is a Catholic book,
Come on back Mitchell. Donít run when presented with FACTS!
Glad to see you're using Matthews record. However the point was being showy to be seen of men to appear one way, when in fact they didn't live what they pretended to show. Look back in the OT about the garment features He was speaking of. Did they have to do with honoring the word of God, yet they were in fact dishonoring Him because they changed what He said by making their own rules? And to add to the error, they omitted the weightier matters of the Torah and failed to do or teach others what was important and instead became masters of the trivial matters...so it wasn't that Jesus was condemning 'clerical dress' at all. He was condemning their hypocrisy.

I'd agree with that one.

Indeed true. In fact, from the beginning of Israel, God desired a kingdom of priests, but they rejected Him in favor of an earthly king. The fact is we have a King now, if we are in the kingdom Jesus taught about, and He is our King, we His subjects, and as such we are subject to whatever He said we are to do - He and His word must be our authority of action and faith.

It doesn't. This is from Paul and is often misunderstood at that. Who said we must follow God and not man? Jesus taught OT, early Christians believed it and lived it as He taught. The Sabbath is still in effect, just as all the commandments of God, and the Gentile believers are to uphold His truth in word and life. Each and every one of the 'Sabbaths'(appointments with God) had to do with Jesus and the gospel He taught. God does not condemn keeping days or appointed feasts and observances - they are all about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Do recall His sacrifice on Passover, as well as the first gospel 'sermon' preached on Pentecost, along with the giving of the Holy Spirit. No, God has upheld them and we would be wise not to speak against what He has upheld and will continue to uphold.

Out of room for reply, but you need to graduate beyond the 'argument from silence' of 'if it is not authorized in the NT it is to be rejected'. Jesus said to be hearers and doers of His words that lead to eternal life. There is nothing in that which contains any 'authority' to silence.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Regarding 'early manuscripts' and writings of the early Church 'fathers': We need to exercise some due process here. Those who held the original faith we should listen to. Those who didn't, but were disciples of Paul, we should ignore.

II Tim. 4 proves that Paul was on trial and that he had to have been found a liar because EVERYONE in Asia abandoned him. This fact from Paul proves that what Jesus said to Ephesus in Rev. 2 is true.

Thus all teachings of Paul against the Jews, the Temple prohibitions to distinguish between Jew and Gentile, who gave the Torah to Moses, and the goodness of the Torah or any word of God must be rejected.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Rather, that the Torah was bad and a curse must be rejected - or that 'all things are lawful' must be rejected. God never said those things - only one who has no fear of God would dare speak against His word or defame His Holy angels as well, and teach to disregard the commandments of works that were explicitly and repeatedly taught by Jesus Christ.

The parables say too much about works and repentance and the righteous standards of God to ignore them - if you believe He spoke the truth from God.

Paul and Y'shua did not preach the same gospel.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, hate to be the one to tell you, but you appear to be casting stones because you can't address facts that show your theory to be abjectly wrong. How about an honest and truthful answer for a change of defending or determining the truth and fact?
Bobby had copied and posted the same questions from the website this dude id and I copied and posted the answers to those questions from another site. Been going around for years.

One question at a time. No scriptures because all you have to do is claim sola sciptura and nobody is wrong.

I am not getting into yes it does , no it doesnt arguments.
JustAnFyi

Mableton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Confession booths - NO secular man can forgive sin - only Jesus Christ can do this.
The Bible clearly tells us TO marry if we cannot control our sexual urges. i.e. better to marry than to burn in hell.
Rosary beads are idolatry.
The Bible tells us not to pray for the dead - or have anything to do with the dead.
God's Sabbath Day is the SEVENTH day of the week - not the first (Sunday)- but thanks to Constantine, God's people now believe that Sunday is His Sabbath Day.
Satanic groups carry the crooked Cross - why does the "pope" carry one?
The "pope" sometimes sits in a concrete chair which has an upside down Cross carved in the back of it. Satanic groups also use the upside Cross in their practice.
True Christians do not bow and kiss the "feet" of statues. Period.
"christmas" (christ mass) is a pagan sun worship day - yet the "catholic" people have pushed this into mainstream ideology.
"easter" is another pagan holy day - Ishtar - the worship of a fertility "god".
The Holy Bible says to call NO man "father" - as we only have ONE Father in Heaven. Same thing with the title "Rabbi" - we are not to call any man "father" - nor "rabbi" - per God' Word.
And this is just for starters...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of364
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Martinsville Discussions

Search the Martinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Catholic church is not the pillar and groun... 2 hr Bobby 21
Catholic Priest cannot forgive sins 3 hr Bobby 13
Transubstantiation is a Catholic lie 3 hr Bobby 21
Peter was not a Pope 3 hr Bobby 70
Sola Scriptura (Jun '13) 3 hr Bobby 75
Chosen by God 3 hr Bobby 39
Origin of the Roman Catholic Church 3 hr Bobby 31
•••
•••