Since: May 10

Location hidden

#354 Oct 1, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
The name of the place where I assemble has "Church of Christ" outside of it. How about yours- the same thing isn't it? I would think so, after all no other group defends non-instrumental services so vigorously.
It seems you also throw out all ties with your congregational history to the RM, which is typical. Most likely because Stone/Campbell didn't desire to start a new denomination/movement, but to unify believers of all groups. That alone is anathema to Texas-style coc today.
JC, you may indeed be a part of His church, the one in existence since Pentecost. But the CONGREGATION you attend has a history, has a beginning, and like it or not, it comes from the RM of the great awakening on the frontier of the early 1800s. Elmer Gantry screamed loud too but he was still wrong.
What group that we all see in our country today is following the Bible "exactly as we're supposed to"? Got a name for it JC?
Yes i do have a name for it. The church. The same name given to the churches that existed in the first century. The church that met at......... That is the true church. signs are only signs. I know many that have no signs and meet as the church. I am not a church of Christer (which makes you mad) as you must think you are or have to be since you have a sign. Heres your sign....:)

Yes all congregations have a history as to how that group came together big deal. The truth taught in those groups is what makes them a body or not not a sign. Some signs do say something though. Some claim mans creed by placing mans names on them etc. God has a special people he calls his own and that is the church, the kingdom, the body, the family..... which are all descriptive terms for the called out bunch. So yes the bunch I worship with is the first century church. I dont know about yours. By we dont physically holy kiss in my group so that might make you think differently about my group unless you dont think that is a command.:)

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#355 Oct 1, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>On Pentecost when the church started did they all gather at the Vatican one Sunday morn? One of those crazy low end prots makes the claim the bible records the early church gathered in homes. They could not find the Vatican, Pope, or Catholic in the scriptures either, go figure.
They sure did gather in some homes in the areas where Catholicism was illegal including Rome.

In other areas they worship freely in Church buildings.

Like Iraneus ,who was taught by St John said shortly after John's death, " Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."

Name just one member of your community who worshiped anywhere between AD 100 and AD 1700.

Location hidden

#356 Oct 1, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes i do have a name for it. The church. The same name given to the churches that existed in the first century. The church that met at......... That is the true church. signs are only signs. I know many that have no signs and meet as the church. I am not a church of Christer (which makes you mad) as you must think you are or have to be since you have a sign. Heres your sign....:)
Yes all congregations have a history as to how that group came together big deal. The truth taught in those groups is what makes them a body or not not a sign. Some signs do say something though. Some claim mans creed by placing mans names on them etc. God has a special people he calls his own and that is the church, the kingdom, the body, the family..... which are all descriptive terms for the called out bunch. So yes the bunch I worship with is the first century church. I dont know about yours. By we dont physically holy kiss in my group so that might make you think differently about my group unless you dont think that is a command.:)
If the COC cannot name one member for their community between AD 100 and AD 1700, they did not exist.

It is figment of Campbell's imagination just like the Mormons,the JW's, and Pentecostals. All of those groups who started around 1800.

Location hidden

#357 Oct 1, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
They sure did gather in some homes in the areas where Catholicism was illegal including Rome.
In other areas they worship freely in Church buildings.
Like Iraneus ,who was taught by St John said shortly after John's death, " Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."
Name just one member of your community who worshiped anywhere between AD 100 and AD 1700.
Just like those at the cross that said they would believe if Christ would come down.:)
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#359 Oct 1, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. DODGEBALL!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#360 Oct 1, 2013
Y'all notice Proxy always has a lot to say about the Catholic Church but we never hear anything about Sproulism's property holdings, salaries, automobiles, planes, defrocking etc.

Location hidden

#361 Oct 1, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Just like those at the cross that said they would believe if Christ would come down.:)
Just one person. One out of Billions. You can't do it

The COC is a fraud. It is lying to its members.

Location hidden

#362 Oct 1, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. DODGEBALL!
Speaking of Dodge ball you never answered do you believe with all your heart soul and mind that the Holy Kiss is a command for you as a christian?
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#363 Oct 1, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of Dodge ball you never answered do you believe with all your heart soul and mind that the Holy Kiss is a command for you as a christian?
Other thread is where the holy kiss is.
Annoying Proxy

France

#364 Oct 1, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
Y'all notice Proxy always has a lot to say about the Catholic Church but we never hear anything about Sproulism's property holdings, salaries, automobiles, planes, defrocking etc.
Isn't fantasizing of Sproul's wealth your job. Do you expect me to do everything for you? Your interest in Sproul is good and you can learn a lot from him, but you must do the work your self. Hang in there and fight the good fight. You will be glad you did.

Location hidden

#365 Oct 2, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't fantasizing of Sproul's wealth your job. Do you expect me to do everything for you? Your interest in Sproul is good and you can learn a lot from him, but you must do the work your self. Hang in there and fight the good fight. You will be glad you did.
I could truly care less about the Sproulist cult. It's just hypocritical for you to go on and on and on about the resources of the Catholic Church when you refuse to divulge anything about your own. Wonder what line of work the Sprouls would be in if they didn't have the Catholic Church to bash?
Annoying Proxy

France

#366 Oct 2, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
I could truly care less about the Sproulist cult. It's just hypocritical for you to go on and on and on about the resources of the Catholic Church when you refuse to divulge anything about your own. Wonder what line of work the Sprouls would be in if they didn't have the Catholic Church to bash?
I think you secretly listen to the teachings of RC Sproul or you would not be so consumed by the Sproul's. I think it is a good thing to learn what the bible teaches although I know you will have to secretly listen in your in your closet until you are strong enough to come out. Some day when you get bolder and bolder with the truth as your backbone rather than a religious practice you will step forth to stand for Christ. You won't be ashamed to wear that Sola Scripture tee shirt you have hidden in that closet of yours then.
Annoying Proxy

France

#367 Oct 2, 2013
I am going to have to start reading over these things BEFORE I post.
I think you secretly listen to the teachings of RC Sproul or you would not be so consumed by the Sproul's. I think it is a good thing to learn what the bible teaches although I know you will have to secretly listen in your closet until you are strong enough to come out. Some day when you get bolder with the truth as your backbone rather than a religious practice, you will step forth to stand for Christ. You won't be ashamed to wear that Sola Scripture tee shirt you have hidden in that closet of yours then.

Location hidden

#368 Oct 2, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Other thread is where the holy kiss is.
yep never answered dodge ball indeed.

Location hidden

#369 Oct 2, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one person. One out of Billions. You can't do it
The COC is a fraud. It is lying to its members.
Which group is lying since we dont do things universal lets see whom you speak. Has the RCC ever lied that you know of?

Location hidden

#370 Oct 2, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Which group is lying since we dont do things universal lets see whom you speak. Has the RCC ever lied that you know of?
The Church has not lied in saying it existed from the 1st Century until today. We have tens of thousands of Saints from each century that we can point to and can read what they wrote and have a history of their life.

Once again the COC is a fraud. No history, no proof of its existence before 1800.

IT lies to it's members about this.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#371 Oct 2, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>yep never answered dodge ball indeed.
Answering on other thread.

Location hidden

#373 Oct 2, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Answering on other thread.
We shall see where the ball bounces.

Location hidden

#374 Oct 2, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
I am going to have to start reading over these things BEFORE I post.
I think you secretly listen to the teachings of RC Sproul or you would not be so consumed by the Sproul's. I think it is a good thing to learn what the bible teaches although I know you will have to secretly listen in your closet until you are strong enough to come out. Some day when you get bolder with the truth as your backbone rather than a religious practice, you will step forth to stand for Christ. You won't be ashamed to wear that Sola Scripture tee shirt you have hidden in that closet of yours then.
I have never read the first thing by a Sproulist...only what other prots have to say about that cult and of course some of the trash you post here. Usually I see your byline and ignore it.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#375 Oct 2, 2013
Mark, at least you're consistent:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 1 hr Barnsweb 1,663
0527061598.Dubai Massage Services, Body to Body... 3 hr sexy girls 3
gay marriage in martinsville va 5 hr Bobby 37
Have Johnny Robertson and his COC been defeated? (Jan '13) Oct 12 Funny 333
Johnny Robertson (Oct '12) Oct 2 Ernie 124
How can i get a copy of my background check? (Nov '13) Sep 29 Louis Hawkins 3
Are there any free people finder/background che... (Oct '13) Sep 29 Asiagirl 3
Martinsville Dating
Find my Match

Martinsville Jobs