The Canon of Scripture
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#293 Sep 28, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>True, it is called the bible.
Who taught you that?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#294 Sep 28, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>You still haven't addressed the question about paedocommunion. What are you Catholics afraid of when it comes to having your doctrine challenged by Protestants. Is your scripture knowledge that poor? Or is ti that your cult does not allow you to question any church doctrine. If you do it is hell for sure for a catholic.
You really can't see what you believe comes from your imagination.

You even tell other Prots who read the same book that they are going to hell for questioning you.

Annoying Proxy

France

#295 Sep 28, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who taught you that?
Not the Catholics.
Annoying Proxy

France

#296 Sep 28, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You really can't see what you believe comes from your imagination.
You even tell other Prots who read the same book that they are going to hell for questioning you.
Still no answer. What are you so afraid of Mike? Paedocommunion, did the church practice it for 1200 years? Would your church deny communion to a 10 year old baptized believer? If so then just how important is communion?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#297 Sep 28, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>Not the Catholics.
You ask me to answer questions and you have not answered one except what your personal take on the Bible is and that means nothing.

Where do you go on Sunday morning? Who taught you what you know. Some man did. Who was it?

Everything I believe is found online. The Vatican website has everything the Church teaches.

It is no secret.

You hide.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#298 Sep 28, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask me to answer questions and you have not answered one except what your personal take on the Bible is and that means nothing.
Where do you go on Sunday morning? Who taught you what you know. Some man did. Who was it?
Everything I believe is found online. The Vatican website has everything the Church teaches.
It is no secret.
You hide.
You are exactly right. The Sproul Catholic Bashing Empire will not divulge its assets either.
Annoying Proxy

Manassas, VA

#299 Sep 28, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is no secret.
You hide.
I came on this thread to discuss " The Canon of Scripture". IO did not come to discuss me. I can't see why you and Mark are here. You aren't interested in scripture at all. I answered al questions about this thread or scripture. I am not afraid like you and Mark. Mark brought up paedocommunion but like you refuses to discuss it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_communion

It is no wonder you refuse to discuss it. this link shows what a bunch of hypocrites Catholics are. They used to participate in it for 1200 years, then invented a new doctrine and then changed their position. So you guys were either right or wrong for 1200 years and then changed. It is a problem with being honest about infallibility
on the churches part isn't it?
Annoying Proxy

Manassas, VA

#300 Sep 28, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
You are exactly right. The Sproul Catholic Bashing Empire will not divulge its assets either.
We don't have any assets. We even had to sell our rings. I noticed The pope still had his ring..4621
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#302 Sep 29, 2013
Canon of Scripture is a long neglected topic. There are differences in translations of Bibles, which is why the closer we are to the original, the better off we'll be to know what it said. Those who think somehow that King James or the Pope had the authority to change any word of God is utter nonsense.

To the topic though, what of the books preserved at the DSS area? Or other books not preserved in 'The Book' of writings? One example is Enoch. Jesus said it is Scripture and answers His accusers on the matter of 'whose wife shall she be in heaven.' Enoch discusses the topic, but Moses didn't - and why should we take the word of Joseph Smith Jr. over Enoch - when Jesus clearly referenced it in his reply, as does another NT writer in regard to angels and the judgment day.

If the Catholic Church is the grand author and keeper of the 'Canon', why did she leave out such an important and glorious book that explains so much of the end from the beginning? How is that possible if they are the pillar to uphold and proclaim Gods' word? Does the Catholic Bible include Enoch?

My copy came from the translation of the Aramaic found about a century ago and translated into English. Since it was quoted by Jesus and Jude - are we to believe only the verses quoted are 'authorized' by the RCC?

Location hidden

#303 Sep 29, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>I came on this thread to discuss " The Canon of Scripture". IO did not come to discuss me. I can't see why you and Mark are here. You aren't interested in scripture at all. I answered al questions about this thread or scripture. I am not afraid like you and Mark. Mark brought up paedocommunion but like you refuses to discuss it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_communion
It is no wonder you refuse to discuss it. this link shows what a bunch of hypocrites Catholics are. They used to participate in it for 1200 years, then invented a new doctrine and then changed their position. So you guys were either right or wrong for 1200 years and then changed. It is a problem with being honest about infallibility
on the churches part isn't it?
You came on this thread to bash Catholics just as you do on all others. Yet you refuse to divulge anything about the Sproulist cult except that you give Welchs to babies.

Location hidden

#304 Sep 29, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Canon of Scripture is a long neglected topic. There are differences in translations of Bibles, which is why the closer we are to the original, the better off we'll be to know what it said. Those who think somehow that King James or the Pope had the authority to change any word of God is utter nonsense.
To the topic though, what of the books preserved at the DSS area? Or other books not preserved in 'The Book' of writings? One example is Enoch. Jesus said it is Scripture and answers His accusers on the matter of 'whose wife shall she be in heaven.' Enoch discusses the topic, but Moses didn't - and why should we take the word of Joseph Smith Jr. over Enoch - when Jesus clearly referenced it in his reply, as does another NT writer in regard to angels and the judgment day.
If the Catholic Church is the grand author and keeper of the 'Canon', why did she leave out such an important and glorious book that explains so much of the end from the beginning? How is that possible if they are the pillar to uphold and proclaim Gods' word? Does the Catholic Bible include Enoch?
My copy came from the translation of the Aramaic found about a century ago and translated into English. Since it was quoted by Jesus and Jude - are we to believe only the verses quoted are 'authorized' by the RCC?
"Oh my," she exclaims, her breath smoking the windowpane, "it's fruitcake weather!"
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#305 Sep 29, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
There was any scriptures like Enoch that were considered important writings of the time.

When the Council made the decision, it didnt get enough support. The Epistle of Clement and the Didache and others are all worth reading.

It was decided they were not inspired and inerrant. Whoever hears the Church hears Jesus.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#306 Sep 29, 2013
Are you capable of a single actual intelligible thought or comment? Who is this that speaks without any knowledge or wisdom or concern for what God gave through the prophets?

I Enoch is also in the DSS and was considered Scripture at that time. Who ensured it was lost for 1800 years? The 'Keeper' of the Book? If not they, then who?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#307 Sep 29, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>We don't have any assets. We even had to sell our rings. I noticed The pope still had his ring..4621
Then answer who are we? We have no assets. Sounds like a Bible and Me group.

Ashamed of your name and your belief?

Wait. Are you the one so important that your beliefs might cause an issue?
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#308 Sep 29, 2013
My comment was addressed to Mark. But as for whoever hears Jesus hears the Church (RCC), this really isn't so. Whoever hears Jesus realizes He said I Enoch was Scripture - and if anyone knows what should be Scripture or not - it is the Lord.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#309 Sep 29, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Are you capable of a single actual intelligible thought or comment? Who is this that speaks without any knowledge or wisdom or concern for what God gave through the prophets?
I Enoch is also in the DSS and was considered Scripture at that time. Who ensured it was lost for 1800 years? The 'Keeper' of the Book? If not they, then who?
Many books were considered scripture before 390 AD. That is why the Church had to determined what or what was not the written word of God.
Could you imagine the number of different Bibles with all different scriptures in them, if the Church had not decided it in 390.. There are already 30,000 translations of the ones we have.
Are you completely ignorant of History? Do you consider that crap you put on here knowledge? That is from your imagination.
I thought you were too intelligent for this forum. I thought you were leaving.
You Prots think you are original thinkers. It is only in your own mind that you are.
Are you going to a Protester against the Church Jesus started until the day you die? Go for it.
What self pride and arrogance you have. You are a Prophet. The HS talks to you.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#310 Sep 29, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
My comment was addressed to Mark. But as for whoever hears Jesus hears the Church (RCC), this really isn't so. Whoever hears Jesus realizes He said I Enoch was Scripture - and if anyone knows what should be Scripture or not - it is the Lord.
And the Lord told you, right?
William

Calhoun, TN

#311 Sep 29, 2013
Bill O'Reilly, a Catholic, told an interviewer that the Holy Spirit told him to write a book about Jesus. I think that interview is on "60 Minutes" tonight on CBS. His book is called "Killing Jesus".

Take that for what it's worth.

Location hidden

#312 Sep 29, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Lord told you, right?
So Mike it looks like we are to reject Paul and join the Enoch fan club.

I accept the infallible Ecumenical Councils of the Roman Catholic Church which accepted Paul and rejected Enoch.

Location hidden

#313 Sep 29, 2013
William wrote:
Bill O'Reilly, a Catholic, told an interviewer that the Holy Spirit told him to write a book about Jesus. I think that interview is on "60 Minutes" tonight on CBS. His book is called "Killing Jesus".
Take that for what it's worth.
O'Reilly + 60 Minutes = a self-serving combo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dr.joel smithers (Sep '16) Sep '17 Lurliec 5
Jessica Griffith Star News Personality Arrested... (Jul '11) Jul '17 Jay Kendricks 9
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 48
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 151
Johnny Robertson, when were you baptized? (Apr '15) Jun '17 Sig Fife 20
Looking Jun '17 Captain Hotdog 1
i want to be Christian.can i ? (May '15) Jun '17 Captain Hotdog 10

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages