The Canon of Scripture
Annoying Proxy

France

#273 Sep 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS IS JUST ONE OF THE MANY REASONS FOR THE SPROUL DEFROCKING LOL!!!!
The infallible Pope of your church recently said atheists could be saved. Atheists do not believe Jesus is the Son of God or that there is even a God for that matter. They are not baptized nor ever taken part in communion. So what is wrong with someone who is saved and baptized taking part in communion. Jesus said these verses below.

John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

And if you Catholics prevent any saved person from taking part ion communion would the church be responsible for their soul being lost. Or are you saying since atheists can be saved without communion why should anyone else take communion. Just another example of changing what Jesus teaches.

Mark 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Annoying Proxy

France

#274 Sep 25, 2013
And if you Catholics prevent any saved person from taking part in communion would the church be responsible for their soul being lost should they die before ever taking part in communion?
Annoying Proxy

France

#275 Sep 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked all the right questions. You just don't like the answer you honestly have to give to each and every one.
Eat another piece of that fruit cake, sponge brain.
Annoying Proxy

France

#276 Sep 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sproulist gives us more silly silly nonsense. Notice he has yet to respond to the Sproulist denomination's practice of paedocommunion.
I responded. I am not afraid like you two Catholics. Let see you show there is an age requirement to participate in communion. I bet you have never responded to half a dozen posts on topix with scriptural reasoning. Eat another piece of fruit cake clown.

I will share my universal recipe. I use the following ingredients. It is so delicious everyone who has tried it has nicknamed it "Devils Fruitcake".
1. Rosary beads (add according to preference).
2. One infallible Pope.
3. Add pedophile priests and altar boys as needed.
4. Four hail Mary's.
5. Mix in sins forgiven by priests.
6. Stir in indulgences until thoroughly mixed.
7. Sprinkle with holy water for purity.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#277 Sep 26, 2013
Proxy can't take it when his little weirdo denomination is exposed for all to see! Sproulism at its best!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#278 Sep 26, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
For the 369th time, name one person who believes like you do between 100 AD and 1800 AD. I would like to read what he wrote and compare to you.
Just 1.
For the 360th time tell us when your RCC came into existence and why they were not infallible as you claim. Name one pope in the early church that was recognized as such by God and his word and by the early christians. None exist.

Location hidden

#279 Sep 26, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
For the 360th time tell us when your RCC came into existence and why they were not infallible as you claim. Name one pope in the early church that was recognized as such by God and his word and by the early christians. None exist.
Which Church ordained Palladius as Bishop of Ireland in AD 431? Was it your church or my Church?
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#280 Sep 26, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
God will be true to His promise - you really don't have a clue.
I'll bet you believe Paul too;-)
Actually listening to Jesus and the prophets on this one. You should try it sometime instead of the "Jesus' words only" guy. Oh yeah don't forget Peter too- he was the one that said Samuel and all the prophets forward spoke of "these days", the birth of the church. Or did you quit reading Acts 3 after Peter quoted those verses you always repeat all the time?
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#281 Sep 26, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Ask this of the early church group of the first century.
An no my group was formed at Pentecost unlike yours. yours came 1000 yrs later according to your own history.:)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Sommer

Read that link JC. That's where yours, JR, and Heath's coc came from. History is hard to deny.

Location hidden

#282 Sep 26, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Sommer
Read that link JC. That's where yours, JR, and Heath's coc came from. History is hard to deny.
Amen.

Location hidden

#283 Sep 26, 2013
Which Church sent Columba to Scotland in AD 563? Was it your church or my Church? I mention the British Isles only because that is the area with which I am most familiar and interested. The Church was sending missionaries all over Europe and the Mediterranean before the year AD 600. Was that your church or my Church?
Annoying Proy

France

#284 Sep 26, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sproulist gives us more silly silly nonsense. Notice he has yet to respond to the Sproulist denomination's practice of paedocommunion.
Notice Mark Eden has yet to respond to why a saved person should not be allowed communion. Why has the Catholic church again deviated from the early practices of the early church?http://www.paedocommuni on.com/articles/fathers_quotat ions.php

The Catholic church has drifted far away from the early church.

Location hidden

#285 Sep 27, 2013
Annoying Proy wrote:
<quoted text>Notice Mark Eden has yet to respond to why a saved person should not be allowed communion. Why has the Catholic church again deviated from the early practices of the early church?http://www.paedocommuni on.com/articles/fathers_quotat ions.php
The link is to a cult. The Sprouls were kicked out for doing this and had to form their own paedocommunionist denomination. But the bottomline is all prot communion is invalid so it doesn't matter who gets the Welchs.
killedjoe

White Plains, NY

#286 Sep 27, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
Which Church sent Columba to Scotland in AD 563? Was it your church or my Church? I mention the British Isles only because that is the area with which I am most familiar and interested. The Church was sending missionaries all over Europe and the Mediterranean before the year AD 600. Was that your church or my Church?
Question, then after the CC was "formed", Didn't the CC condemned those who refuse and gave the "soldier" the blessing to kill them. Also, according to the CC, if you are not part of the CC you will go to hell. That means all the folks around the world back then from Russia, China, American Indians and the Mayans ETC ETC. All these folks, God punished? Do you really believe that.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#287 Sep 27, 2013
Annoying Proy wrote:
<quoted text>Notice Mark Eden has yet to respond to why a saved person should not be allowed communion. Why has the Catholic church again deviated from the early practices of the early church?http://www.paedocommuni on.com/articles/fathers_quotat ions.php
From the Church:

(note: Protestants can only use their imagination to explain their reasons for anything)

"Because Catholics believe that the celebration of the Eucharist is a sign of the reality of the oneness of faith, life, and worship, members of those churches with whom we are not yet fully united are ordinarily not admitted to Communion. Eucharistic sharing in exceptional circumstances by other Christians requires permission according to the directives of the diocesan bishop and the provisions of canon law.... "

Scripture is clear that partaking of the Eucharist is among the highest signs of Christian unity: "Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread" (1 Cor. 10:17). For this reason, it is normally impossible for non-Catholic Christians to receive Holy Communion, for to do so would be to proclaim a unity to exist that, regrettably, does not.

Another reason that many non-Catholics may not ordinarily receive Communion is for their own protection, since many reject the doctrine of the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist. Scripture warns that it is very dangerous for one not believing in the Real Presence to receive Communion: "For any one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself. That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died" (1 Cor. 11:2930).
Annoying Proxy

France

#288 Sep 27, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Church:
(note: Protestants can only use their imagination to explain their reasons for anything)
"Because Catholics believe that the celebration of the Eucharist is a sign of the reality of the oneness of faith, life, and worship, members of those churches with whom we are not yet fully united are ordinarily not admitted to Communion. Eucharistic sharing in exceptional circumstances by other Christians requires permission according to the directives of the diocesan bishop and the provisions of canon law.... "
Scripture is clear that partaking of the Eucharist is among the highest signs of Christian unity: "Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread" (1 Cor. 10:17). For this reason, it is normally impossible for non-Catholic Christians to receive Holy Communion, for to do so would be to proclaim a unity to exist that, regrettably, does not.
Another reason that many non-Catholics may not ordinarily receive Communion is for their own protection, since many reject the doctrine of the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist. Scripture warns that it is very dangerous for one not believing in the Real Presence to receive Communion: "For any one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself. That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died" (1 Cor. 11:2930).
I think think this is funny coming from you considering the rest of your post.(note: Protestants can only use their imagination to explain their reasons for anything) You posted that, was it a joke? You ramble on about unsaved people when the question I asked was about Catholics keeping a saved person from participating in communion. We all know Catholics consider no one else saved but where does your church stand on paedocommunion? You baptize as children so they are saved if they die, so in your minds they are saved or they aren't correct? And if that child should believe at 8 or 9 years old will you prevent a believer from taking communion with other believers. A adult (newly converted) could be just as ignorant as a 9 year old if the younger was raised in church. You can see the ignorant reply Mark Eden made and though yours are slightly better you dodge most all points as well. I know why. The only one using imaginary viewpoints is you. You shifted and dodged as usual. I said saved not unsaved. I would also ask if the church practiced paedocommunion for the first 1200 years?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#289 Sep 27, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>I think think this is funny coming from you considering the rest of your post.(note: Protestants can only use their imagination to explain their reasons for anything) You posted that, was it a joke? You ramble on about unsaved people when the question I asked was about Catholics keeping a saved person from participating in communion. We all know Catholics consider no one else saved but where does your church stand on paedocommunion? You baptize as children so they are saved if they die, so in your minds they are saved or they aren't correct? And if that child should believe at 8 or 9 years old will you prevent a believer from taking communion with other believers. A adult (newly converted) could be just as ignorant as a 9 year old if the younger was raised in church. You can see the ignorant reply Mark Eden made and though yours are slightly better you dodge most all points as well. I know why. The only one using imaginary viewpoints is you. You shifted and dodged as usual. I said saved not unsaved. I would also ask if the church practiced paedocommunion for the first 1200 years?
Everything you want to know about what Truth Jesus and the Apostles deposited in the Church is readily accessible on line .

What you believe is only accessible by you in your own mind.

Baptism now saves you. The promise is to you and your children. All children
Annoying Proxy

France

#290 Sep 27, 2013
If this doesn't say what Catholics like mike says "anyone can write a Catholic Encyclopedia".
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04170b.htm
If you read this link you will see the Catholic church is very much responsible for the Catholic Encyclopedia.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/00001a.htm

The Encyclopedia bears the imprimatur of the Most Reverend Archbishop under whose jurisdiction it is published. In constituting the editors the ecclesiastical censors, he has given them a singular proof of his confidence and of his desire to facilitate the publication of the work which he has promoted most effectively by his influence and kindly cooperation."

In the execution of the plan thus outlined no essential feature has been changed or omitted; the Preface would be as appropriate to the fifteenth volume as it was to the first. Since it was written innumerable questions arose regarding matters of detail; but these were settled in accordance with the ideas and principles which were adopted by the editors before a page of the Encyclopedia was published.

In accomplishing their preliminary task and in dealing with problems that presented no slight difficulty, the editors were encouraged by the widespread interest which the first announcement of the Encyclopedia aroused. Cordial approval and assistance was given by the Apostolic Delegate and by the members of the Hierarchy, particularly by his Eminence Cardinal Farley, to whom the project was formally submitted on January 27, 1905. Many useful suggestions were received from clergymen, teachers, authors, and publishers in the United States and in other countries. The project was welcomed with enthusiasm by the laity, and a large number of subscriptions were taken before the first volume appeared in March, 1907. As other volumes followed with promptness and regularity, the public soon became aware that the Encyclopedia was rapidly passing from the region of things possible and desirable to that of accomplished facts, and moreover that it was taking a unique position among the important publications of modern times.
Annoying Proxy

France

#291 Sep 27, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you want to know about what Truth Jesus and the Apostles deposited in the Church is readily accessible on line .
What you believe is only accessible by you in your own mind.
Baptism now saves you. The promise is to you and your children. All children
You still haven't addressed the question about paedocommunion. What are you Catholics afraid of when it comes to having your doctrine challenged by Protestants. Is your scripture knowledge that poor? Or is ti that your cult does not allow you to question any church doctrine. If you do it is hell for sure for a catholic.
Annoying Proxy

France

#292 Sep 27, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
True, it is called the bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) 6 hr Barnsweb 146
i want to be Christian.can i ? (May '15) Mon Barnsweb 9
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Apr 8 James A Farmer 45
the church of Christ insider discussion boards (Aug '10) Mar '17 Democrappy ... 12
dr.joel smithers (Sep '16) Feb '17 YEPP 4
Is there anything to do here??? Bored..... Jan '17 ATTheWizard85 1
Church of Christ rules and principles (Apr '13) Dec '16 Credal Drone 305

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages