#253 Sep 24, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
I've switched to Guy Fawkes Night. LOL
NICE
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#254 Sep 24, 2013
What denominations teach is not important to me, what is important is what God clearly says about baptism.

That it can be done once, because it is how we crucify Christ to ourselves.(Heb 6:6) It is how we put on the wedding clothes we will need at the banquet.(Matt 22:11) It is how we put on Christ (Gal 3:27) That it is not important who baptized us.(1 Cor 13) but that we become Christ symbolically passing from death to life.(Cos 2:12) That it allows us to walk in newness of life (Rom 6:4)

And that there is only one baptism (Eph 4:5)

It is to be done in the name of Jesus, and done one time for all time. Man made denominations do not have the right to require you to be baptized a second time, unless you were baptized under John's baptism and you were not.

The denominations, including the churches of Christ, the Catholics, Baptists, Pentecostals, and ever other group need to be on their knees seeking the forgiveness of God over this false practice of requiring rebaptism!

REPENT!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#255 Sep 24, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
What denominations teach is not important to me, what is important is what God clearly says about baptism.
That it can be done once, because it is how we crucify Christ to ourselves.(Heb 6:6) It is how we put on the wedding clothes we will need at the banquet.(Matt 22:11) It is how we put on Christ (Gal 3:27) That it is not important who baptized us.(1 Cor 13) but that we become Christ symbolically passing from death to life.(Cos 2:12) That it allows us to walk in newness of life (Rom 6:4)
And that there is only one baptism (Eph 4:5)
It is to be done in the name of Jesus, and done one time for all time. Man made denominations do not have the right to require you to be baptized a second time, unless you were baptized under John's baptism and you were not.
The denominations, including the churches of Christ, the Catholics, Baptists, Pentecostals, and ever other group need to be on their knees seeking the forgiveness of God over this false practice of requiring rebaptism!
REPENT!
The Catholic Church does not require conditional "re-baptism" unless there is doubt the first baptism was valid or that it was performed at all. Prot baptisms "transfer." This happens rarely but usually involves an adult who was baptized as a child at 8-12 years of age with no record being found that proves it. Could I have your recipe for fruitcake?
Annoying Proxy

Manassas, VA

#256 Sep 24, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Could I have your recipe for fruitcake?
I will share my universal recipe. I use the following ingredients. It is so delicious everyone who has tried it has nicknamed it "Devils Fruitcake".
1. Rosary beads (add according to preference).
2. One infallible Pope.
3. Add pedophile priests and altar boys as needed.
4. Four hail Mary's.
5. Mix in sins forgiven by priests.
6. Stir in indulgences until thoroughly mixed.
7. Sprinkle with holy water for purity.

Location hidden

#257 Sep 25, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text> I will share my universal recipe. I use the following ingredients. It is so delicious everyone who has tried it has nicknamed it "Devils Fruitcake".
1. Rosary beads (add according to preference).
2. One infallible Pope.
3. Add pedophile priests and altar boys as needed.
4. Four hail Mary's.
5. Mix in sins forgiven by priests.
6. Stir in indulgences until thoroughly mixed.
7. Sprinkle with holy water for purity.
The Sproulist gives us more silly silly nonsense. Notice he has yet to respond to the Sproulist denomination's practice of paedocommunion.
Annoying Proxy

France

#258 Sep 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sproulist gives us more silly silly nonsense. Notice he has yet to respond to the Sproulist denomination's practice of paedocommunion.
What is there to respond to? As most of your posts it is not worthy of a response. You know where I will come down on this, with the bible and refuting the false teachings of the Catholics. If a person is saved they should be allowed to participate in the Lords Supper. Catholics baptize the individual with total disregard to what scripture teaches and then have problems with communion because they make come up with laws that are not scriptural. In Acts 8:37 we have a requirement placed upon baptism and Catholics and some others are disobedient, baptizing unbelievers and unsaved individuals. So naturally, providing communion to those persons would be a problem. Regarding communion no restriction upon age is given in scripture (1 Corinthians 11:20-34). So naturally it would be a problem for those offering communion with the body of Christ to those outside the body( baptizing an unsaved whether child or adult is a waste of time as is providing them communion). On the other hand denying a saved individual communion with the body is a problem for the outcast individual and may well be a problem for those that deny the little one (little one may be child or adult) that right and ignore the commands of Jesus. Do you think you have the right to deny anyone that the Savior has placed in the body communion with him? You Catholics need to open up your bible, put Jesus in his rightful place and park your pride at the door. Your money won't buy you the time of day with God.

Location hidden

#259 Sep 25, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>What is there to respond to? As most of your posts it is not worthy of a response. You know where I will come down on this, with the bible and refuting the false teachings of the Catholics. If a person is saved they should be allowed to participate in the Lords Supper. Catholics baptize the individual with total disregard to what scripture teaches and then have problems with communion because they make come up with laws that are not scriptural. In Acts 8:37 we have a requirement placed upon baptism and Catholics and some others are disobedient, baptizing unbelievers and unsaved individuals. So naturally, providing communion to those persons would be a problem. Regarding communion no restriction upon age is given in scripture (1 Corinthians 11:20-34). So naturally it would be a problem for those offering communion with the body of Christ to those outside the body( baptizing an unsaved whether child or adult is a waste of time as is providing them communion). On the other hand denying a saved individual communion with the body is a problem for the outcast individual and may well be a problem for those that deny the little one (little one may be child or adult) that right and ignore the commands of Jesus. Do you think you have the right to deny anyone that the Savior has placed in the body communion with him? You Catholics need to open up your bible, put Jesus in his rightful place and park your pride at the door. Your money won't buy you the time of day with God.
THIS IS JUST ONE OF THE MANY REASONS FOR THE SPROUL DEFROCKING LOL!!!!
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#260 Sep 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church does not require conditional "re-baptism" unless there is doubt the first baptism was valid
So if someone baptized in a Baptist church shows up you accept that baptism?

How about Mormon?

Jehovah's Witness?

Pentecostal?

Churches of Christ?

Church of God?

Now I did find this recent news indicating a change of at least some groups in their recognition of the authority of Jesus over man's denominational creeds.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

#261 Sep 25, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Read your bible after Soleumn died. Israel at war against the jews. This is where the first time ever the word Jew came to be.. Jews came from the nation of Judea, which was what was left when the 10 tribe "disappearred". The term jews came from Judea, judeians, jews. The prophecy said in those days before the end of days, both the house of Israel and the house of Judea will exist. Didn't Jesus say that in these days, you will be hated in my name and in my fathers name. Who are the most hated today.
Read your Bible joe. All the OT prophecies are fulfilled. Even the 12 tribes were brought back together by NT days- where was Anna the prophetess from? Wasn't it Asher, one of the ten "lost" tribes? And who was Jesus talking about being hated- Jews, or His specific apostles? Read joe.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#262 Sep 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your group share a common name with other groups?
Does your group share a common tradition with other groups?
Does your group share a common identity with other groups?
Does your group share beliefs and practices in common with other groups?
Does your group share a common origin with other groups?
Is your group less than 500 years old?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes then you are in a denomination like it or not. There are about 40,000 prot denominations at present and no doubt yours is one of them.
Where did you get those identifying questions?

Location hidden

#263 Sep 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your group share a common name with other groups?
Does your group share a common tradition with other groups?
Does your group share a common identity with other groups?
Does your group share beliefs and practices in common with other groups?
Does your group share a common origin with other groups?
Is your group less than 500 years old?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes then you are in a denomination like it or not. There are about 40,000 prot denominations at present and no doubt yours is one of them.
lol Ask this of the early church group of the first century.
An no my group was formed at Pentecost unlike yours. yours came 1000 yrs later according to your own history.:)

Location hidden

#264 Sep 25, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
<quoted text>
So if someone baptized in a Baptist church shows up you accept that baptism?
How about Mormon?
Jehovah's Witness?
Pentecostal?
Churches of Christ?
Church of God?
Now I did find this recent news indicating a change of at least some groups in their recognition of the authority of Jesus over man's denominational creeds.
It is my understanding LDS and JW baptisms are not considered valid by the Catholic Church. Due to doctrinal and local variances among the others on your list a determination would have to be made by the Church. As long it can be proved water was actually poured on the head or the individual was immersed with the specific intention of being baptized in the Name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit the Baptism most likely would be considered valid.

This issue is far too serious to take my word for it and anyone in doubt should get in contact with a priest or Bishop and be prepared to present a baptismal certificate or family record.

Location hidden

#265 Sep 25, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get those identifying questions?
Made them up with common sense. I did not knowingly copy them from any source.

Location hidden

#266 Sep 25, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
An no my group was formed at Pentecost unlike yours. yours came 1000 yrs later according to your own history.:)
Do you really believe your group was formed at Pentecost? PROVE IT. We all know you can't. Cracks me up! You wouldn't even know when Pentecost was were it not for the Catholic Church setting the date of Easter and developing the calendar. You wouldn't even know today's date were it not for the Catholic Church.

Location hidden

#267 Sep 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe your group was formed at Pentecost? PROVE IT. We all know you can't. Cracks me up! You wouldn't even know when Pentecost was were it not for the Catholic Church setting the date of Easter and developing the calendar. You wouldn't even know today's date were it not for the Catholic Church.
So thanks Catholics for the calendar. Thanks to Christ for the church that I worship with. Thanks to me for cracking you up, and I dont have to prove anything you chose to see the bible truth and believe a man.

Location hidden

#268 Sep 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Made them up with common sense. I did not knowingly copy them from any source.
You really should rely on someone other then yourself to come up with those questions. Now when you ask the right questions unbiased ones you will get the answer.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#269 Sep 25, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>So thanks Catholics for the calendar. Thanks to Christ for the church that I worship with. Thanks to me for cracking you up, and I dont have to prove anything you chose to see the bible truth and believe a man.
For the 369th time, name one person who believes like you do between 100 AD and 1800 AD. I would like to read what he wrote and compare to you.

Just 1.

Location hidden

#270 Sep 25, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
"...1000 yrs later according to your own history" That would have to be according to YOUR version of history but not that of Western Civilization. You are deluded.

Here's a question. Which Church sent Augustine to England in AD 595? Was it yours or mine?
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#271 Sep 25, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
In the dustbin of history since 70 AD. God destroyed Judaism for a reason.
God will be true to His promise - you really don't have a clue.
I'll bet you believe Paul too;-)

Location hidden

#272 Sep 25, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>You really should rely on someone other then yourself to come up with those questions. Now when you ask the right questions unbiased ones you will get the answer.
I asked all the right questions. You just don't like the answer you honestly have to give to each and every one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Jul 3 Barmsweb 48
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Jul 2 Barmsweb 151
Johnny Robertson, when were you baptized? (Apr '15) Jun 29 Sig Fife 20
Looking Jun 29 Captain Hotdog 1
i want to be Christian.can i ? (May '15) Jun 29 Captain Hotdog 10
Pan Handling falls under the First Amendment Jun '17 Pan Handler 1
the church of Christ insider discussion boards (Aug '10) Mar '17 Democrappy ... 12

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages