FOX TROT

Lynchburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

Has terminal cancer. Watch him go crazier now.

Since: Oct 09

Holly Ridge, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

That would explain much. Johnny has not done a full show in several weeks now, and has been playing recordings of his Sunday services at Martinsville Church of Christ.

Also, Micah's rise to prominence in the broadcasts would seem predicated on Johnny's inability to do them. It also demonstrates that, even in the Church of Christ, nepotism reigns.

It's going to be interesting watching this situation spin over the next few months.

Ol' You-Know-Who
Bill

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

I wouldn’t glory in this, for we all must die.

I hope nobody here would be happy if this be the truth. I have seen loved ones suffer from Cancer and will not rejoice over this no matter how much I disagree with Johnny Robertson. Shame on anyone wearing the name of Christ, who would rejoice because someone is dying.

I know one member from Mercy Crossing who told me that they wished Johnny would get killed in a car wreck. How dare we wear the name of Christ and make such statements!

I may disagree with some of what Mr. Robertson teaches, but never will I glory in anyone’s sickness, especially one who is nigh to death.

Since: Sep 09

London, England

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

I agree it would appear to coincide with his lack of presence in the programming. I have been wondering the same thing myself.

However I agree with Bill. I do not wish it or any other affliction upon Johnny. No matter my feelings on his beliefs or actions, no one, "deserves" cancer.

Pax tecum.

London, England

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

I too agree that Johnny's lack of presence would tend to coincide with such a case. I have been wondering the same thing myself.

However, I agree with Bill. No matter my feelings on Johnny's beliefs or actions, I do not wish this or any affliction upon Johnny. No one deserves cancer.

Pax tecum.

Since: Oct 08

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

Please if this is true, please we all must forgive and pray in earnest for his recovery, that God will be merciful in his case and that he will open his eyes to the danger his soul is now in. I pray that God's statement that mercy covers a multitude of sins will be in his favor and any transgressions he has made will not be held against him!

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

I agree. All we can do is hope he opens his eyes. No one will be able to fill his shoes. Thats not a compliment.

I mean that no other conservative here can carry the torch as well as JR, meaning no other person can stir it up as well as JR.

The man knows how to work a crowd and stir up strife and division. Doing so, he has made HIMSELF the target and honestly nobody else in his klan has the charisma to take his place.
birddog

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

If Johnny is sick I hope he recovers, but he has spread hate and diivision in this community for many years and God doesn't take kindly someone trying to divide the body of Christ.

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

I agree Birddog. He sets out to cause division and strife. I hope he is not sick and if so I hope he recovers. I just wish he could see the damage he has caused.

He has done more harm than any one man I know.

Their arguments are strong enuf for written debates as evidenced by him, Shawn and others never willing to do so. They always insist on an oral debate -- one that they can chop up and run out of context. On here or any other written forum they lose this power.

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

meant ARENT strong enuf for written debates
Ron Paulson

Sugar Land, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

We have all sinned. We all need the grace of God.
FOX TROT

Lynchburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Johnny is not doing good. He wants to put on a good face and look strong and to be feared. Johnny is a very sick man I was told today.

Johnny get right with God. You need to stop trying to be God to do that. You have judged others and God will judge you soon as you know.

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

If Johnny is dying, he will die with the same attitude you see on TV. He will not change because of dying, because he honestly thinks he is right.

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

With God, ALL things are possible! While my faith is much smaller then a mustard seed in many areas, I do believe that as long as there is life there is hope!
Bill

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Johhny will never change his position. Doing so would tear down everything he has stood for, including those he is presently training.

I wish he would wake from his sleep, but the pillow of legalism has him resting quite well in his postion.

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Ezra 10 questions that remain unchallenged and his sudden changes in handling the Thief on the cross arguments would say otherwise!

If he is having to move his defenses then he is moving!
Heath

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

"Hate your enemies!"

2 Opinions 8:24
Bill

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Why do you hate us Shawn? We dont hate you.

Let me ask you, sice you would know. Is Johhny really nigh to death? This is not something we hope nor wish for. I hope these are just rumors. I may disagree with him and you, but never wold I hate you nor wish such.

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Ditto Bill!

London, England

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Bill wrote:
Is Johhny really nigh to death? This is not something we hope nor wish for. I hope these are just rumors. I may disagree with him and you, but never wold I hate you nor wish such.
Sadly, I think their collective lack of response on this is answer enough.

Pax tecum, Johnny.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Martinsville Forum right now

Search the Martinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Catholics 30 min Barnsweb 158
THEY ARE DISHONEST @ Pearcherfiles 31 min Barnsweb 48
Steven Haguewood vs THE WORD of KNOWLEDGE Thu Mike_Peterson 57
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Wed abe 1,349
Johnny Robertson’s church of Christ (Feb '13) Wed Working for the Lord 152
I am Know It all - Dave... from Preacherfiles Wed WDTBS 24
MESSAGE TO Lee Parish - PREACHERFILES Apr 15 Prophet of Jesus Christ 7
•••
•••