Is The Roman Catholic Church perfect?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#266 Aug 24, 2013
Bobby wrote:
One difference between the pope and Jesus is that Jesus was appointed by God and emanated from the Godhead-he was God made flesh, the pope is elected by other carnal men. He is just another powerful earthly king.
The Pope is a man? Great observation Bobby.

Did you know that the Apostles were men too? Did you think the Paul was a man yet you think the words he wrote were God's?

You are Peter, no longer Simon, and upon you I will build my Church. He was appointed by Christ. He is the Vicar of Christ.

Jesus' church would be built upon a man, Peter.

Completely Biblical.( except for those who interpret it wrong)

Trivia:

Simon was the first recorded person in history to be named Rock. Don't you think Jesus wanted to make a point with him.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#267 Aug 24, 2013
Bobby wrote:
The catholic church does not recognize it's errors or seek to correct them. That would be like voting themselves out of office...
Ignore.

Location hidden

#268 Aug 24, 2013
Bobby wrote:
One difference between the pope and Jesus is that Jesus was appointed by God and emanated from the Godhead-he was God made flesh, the pope is elected by other carnal men. He is just another powerful earthly king.
Ignore.

Location hidden

#269 Aug 24, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
And, the pope owns the catholic church because he has stolen titles belonging only to the Godhead and is lifted above all other men. Following a carnal man who has been lifted above the incarnate Christ is delusion.
Ignore.
killedjoe

White Plains, NY

#270 Aug 24, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that the Apostles were men too? Did you think the Paul was a man yet you think the words he wrote were God's?
You are Peter, no longer Simon, and upon you I will build my Church. He was appointed by Christ. He is the Vicar of Christ.
Trivia:
Simon was the first recorded person in history to be named Rock. Don't you think Jesus wanted to make a point with him.
And after peter was no more, no leader was picked by Peter.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#271 Aug 24, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Trivia:
Nope-since the pope is a man just like Peter, you should stop going to him for forgiveness and stop worshiping him-Peter would tell you that.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#272 Aug 24, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> And after peter was no more, no leader was picked by Peter.
You are correct. Peter did not pick anybody. The Church picked the successor of Peter.

It was Pope Linus. He was mentioned in the Bible.

Greet Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus. Erastus stayed in Corinth, but Trophimus I have left in Miletus sick. Do your utmost to come before winter. Eubulus greets you, as well as Pudens, Linus, Claudia, and all the brethren. The Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Grace be with you. Amen (2 Timothy 4:19-22).
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#273 Aug 24, 2013
Bobby wrote:
The catholic church does not recognize it's errors or seek to correct them. That would be like voting themselves out of office...
I just got back from Mass.

Bobby, I said a Hail Mary for you and asked our Blessed Mother to speak personally to Jesus for you. Pay attention in the near future. Jesus , or our Blessed Mother will give you sign to start your journey home to Rome.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#274 Aug 24, 2013
Catholicism stands or falls on Peter being the first pope.

Psalm 95: Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.

Jesus was the stumbling stone, and the Rock of offense.

He is the chief conerstone of the church. When the scripture speaks of Peter it is speaking about his confession that Christ is the Rock of our salvation. Catholics twist the scripture to place men in the high place that only Jesus qualifies for.

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock (confession of Christ) I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. Remember, Peter denied Jesus 3 times. He was surely being reminded of this.

No pope has ever existed or been authorized by God.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#275 Aug 24, 2013
Catholicism stands on Jesus creating it. It was the only Christian Church for 1500 years.

Low end Protestantism stands or falls on Peter not being the first Pope.

High end Prots believed Peter was the first Pope.

So you really believe that Rock = "Confession of Christ" right after Jesus changes Simon's name to Rock, the first person in History to be called that?

Jesus must have been drunk when he said what you think he said.

Ludicrous....

Low end Protestants believe John died AD 90, the earth was void of Christianity for 1450 more years and then Protesters started Jesus' Church.

What ignorance or complete denial of History.
Anonymous Proxy

Morehead, KY

#276 Aug 24, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
It was the only Christian Church for 1500 years.
YOu know that is an outright lie.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

#277 Aug 24, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
It was the only Christian Church for 1500 years.
You know that is an outright lie.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

#278 Aug 24, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>

As I pointed out this morning and you along with your sidekick Little Al Sharpton completely ignored the fact that there was no such thing as a Vicar for over 1000 years. None of what you said is in the bible and there wasn't even such a thing as a Vicar until Peter had long passed.
Anonymous Proxy

Anonymous Proxy

#279 Aug 24, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Pope Linus.
You are incorrect. There is no Pope in the bible.
Anonymous Proxy

Anonymous Proxy

#280 Aug 24, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
Catholicism stands on Jesus creating it. It was the only Christian Church for 1500 years.
Low end Protestantism stands or falls on Peter not being the first Pope.
High end Prots believed Peter was the first Pope.
So you really believe that Rock = "Confession of Christ" right after Jesus changes Simon's name to Rock, the first person in History to be called that?
Jesus must have been drunk when he said what you think he said.
Ludicrous....
Low end Protestants believe John died AD 90, the earth was void of Christianity for 1450 more years and then Protesters started Jesus' Church.
What ignorance or complete denial of History.
You want to talk about ignorance and denial of history? With a complete distortion of what the bible says thrown in?

Mat 16:15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Mat 16:16 Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter(Petros,a peeble), and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The rock that Jesus said he will build his church upon is the revelation from the Father. That is backed up throughout scripture. On the other hand your claim is backed up nowhere in scripture.
Anonymous Proxy

Anonymous Proxy

#281 Aug 24, 2013
Mat 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter(Petros,a peeble), and on this rock(petra, mass of rock) I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Two completely different words. It is obvious Peter is not the rock.
Anonymous Proxy

Anonymous Proxy

#282 Aug 24, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignore.
Looks like you learned a new word "Little Al". At least it is better than "effing".

Location hidden

#283 Aug 24, 2013
Anonymous Proxy wrote:
Mat 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter(Petros,a peeble), and on this rock(petra, mass of rock) I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Two completely different words. It is obvious Peter is not the rock.
Ignore.

Location hidden

#284 Aug 24, 2013
Anonymous Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>You want to talk about ignorance and denial of history? With a complete distortion of what the bible says thrown in?
Mat 16:15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Mat 16:16 Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter(Petros,a peeble), and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
The rock that Jesus said he will build his church upon is the revelation from the Father. That is backed up throughout scripture. On the other hand your claim is backed up nowhere in scripture.
Ignore.

Location hidden

#285 Aug 24, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> And after peter was no more, no leader was picked by Peter.
Ignore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians Murder American Indians (Jan '12) Jun 18 Kevo8263 32
Catholics (Feb '14) Jun 17 mpetershat 3,338
Sarah Smith nude ! (Jul '12) Jun 13 sarasmith 2
The Bible teaches that the Earth will never end (Apr '15) May '16 Anonymous 38
thomas jefferson edwards Apr '16 nuks67 2
Norm Fields – FORMER employee of Johnny Robertson (Feb '12) Apr '16 GunFighter 29
Stop erasing my comments! Apr '16 Truth teller 1

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages