Is The Roman Catholic Church perfect?
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#226 Aug 23, 2013
Anonymous Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>Opps,lol. You don't sound very Catholic even though I knew you were raised in Catholic schools.
Did you know that once a catholic always a catholic and that all catholics are in full agreement-there are no divisions among them like those dreadful protestants?:-)

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#227 Aug 23, 2013
Anonymous Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>The Orthodox claim the Catholic church is controlled by pagan influences also. Their light is shining upon their own actions and the Catholics appear to be blind to it, although it is obvious to everyone else.
So then you are Orthodox? If not why not?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#228 Aug 23, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> No, every year right before Ash Wednesday, the priest reminds the congregation of it Easter Duties and that the CC expects of us. It is in practice. You want to twist it around that's your call
I've known lots of priests in lots of parishes and have never once heard one use the phrase "Easter Duties." I'm not twisting anything around but you go right ahead and do what you think you must. Why don't you ask around if anyone has ever been excommunicated for failing to perform these "Easter Duties."

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#229 Aug 23, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that once a catholic always a catholic and that all catholics are in full agreement-there are no divisions among them like those dreadful protestants?:-)
Gotta love it when a prot acknowledges protestantism is dreadful and they are all divided!
killedjoe

White Plains, NY

#230 Aug 23, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that once a catholic always a catholic and that all catholics are in full agreement-there are no divisions among them like those dreadful protestants?:-)
That right, once a catholic always a catholic, but I am in disagreement with some of the teachings of the CC, Like praying to Mary and the Saints, to statues. We say we are not praying to the statue, we are praying to whom it represent. Sorry, the book says to pray to the Father and Jesus. I have learned many of the rituals that we do is from old pagan beliefs. The way we practice Christmas with the partying, the way we celebrate Easter withe the Easter bunny and the egg. These were all pagan beliefs handed down and continue today. This is not only Catholic, it is in all Christian beliefs The book is declared closes by Jesus in Revelation, but many folks believe in the Fatima Miracle of 1917. Trust me, when I say this, what happen in Fatima was very real, but it was not from Jesus or God, it was from the liar. Jesus said that in those days, do not be dismay by the many wonders of the heavens, for they are not who you think they are.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#231 Aug 23, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> That right, once a catholic always a catholic, but I am in disagreement with some of the teachings of the CC, Like praying to Mary and the Saints, to statues. We say we are not praying to the statue, we are praying to whom it represent. Sorry, the book says to pray to the Father and Jesus. I have learned many of the rituals that we do is from old pagan beliefs. The way we practice Christmas with the partying, the way we celebrate Easter withe the Easter bunny and the egg. These were all pagan beliefs handed down and continue today. This is not only Catholic, it is in all Christian beliefs The book is declared closes by Jesus in Revelation, but many folks believe in the Fatima Miracle of 1917. Trust me, when I say this, what happen in Fatima was very real, but it was not from Jesus or God, it was from the liar. Jesus said that in those days, do not be dismay by the many wonders of the heavens, for they are not who you think they are.
LOL Then it would appear you are at risk of excommunication "Easter Duty" or no "Easter Duty!" If I were you I would consider myself already excommunicated. But like I said there is a path back should you ever decide to take it.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#232 Aug 23, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta love it when a prot acknowledges protestantism is dreadful and they are all divided!
No more that those awful lying catholics. The problem is you can't see it.
Dave P

Plummers Landing, KY

#233 Aug 23, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> That right, once a catholic always a catholic, but I am in disagreement with some of the teachings of the CC, Like praying to Mary and the Saints, to statues. We say we are not praying to the statue, we are praying to whom it represent. Sorry, the book says to pray to the Father and Jesus. I have learned many of the rituals that we do is from old pagan beliefs. The way we practice Christmas with the partying, the way we celebrate Easter withe the Easter bunny and the egg. These were all pagan beliefs handed down and continue today. This is not only Catholic, it is in all Christian beliefs The book is declared closes by Jesus in Revelation, but many folks believe in the Fatima Miracle of 1917. Trust me, when I say this, what happen in Fatima was very real, but it was not from Jesus or God, it was from the liar. Jesus said that in those days, do not be dismay by the many wonders of the heavens, for they are not who you think they are.
Very interesting. I'm not catholic but agree with much of this. Fatima has always interested me, and I agree- it was real, but not of God.
killedjoe

White Plains, NY

#234 Aug 23, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Then it would appear you are at risk of excommunication "Easter Duty" or no "Easter Duty!" If I were you I would consider myself already excommunicated. But like I said there is a path back should you ever decide to take it.
Really, do you think my concerns are about being excommunicated from the CC. I am sorry, But I go by what the book says. The law of Moses, the prophet and Jesus. The father makes the final call on what I did once I am taught the TRUTH. It is after the Final Judgement in which the CC or any Church will not exist, but only the Kingdom of God on Earth.
killedjoe

White Plains, NY

#235 Aug 23, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting. I'm not catholic but agree with much of this. Fatima has always interested me, and I agree- it was real, but not of God.
E=MC2?????
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#236 Aug 23, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Really, do you think my concerns are about being excommunicated from the CC. I am sorry, But I go by what the book says. The law of Moses, the prophet and Jesus. The father makes the final call on what I did once I am taught the TRUTH. It is after the Final Judgement in which the CC or any Church will not exist, but only the Kingdom of God on Earth.
Do you realize that only a few hundred people get excommunicated in the world every century and only the Pope can do that?

Don't worry killedjoe, I won't rat you out. Your meds probably need adjusting.
killedjoe

White Plains, NY

#237 Aug 23, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that only a few hundred people get excommunicated in the world every century and only the Pope can do that?
Don't worry killedjoe, I won't rat you out. Your meds probably need adjusting.
You can continue to stick your head in the sand and make believe nothing is wrong. Nothing exist without it making money, including all Christian Churches. If it is not making money it get closed down. People are dying all around the world of starvation, and a handful of folks out there trying to feed them, while all christian churches are loaded with money. Mankind itself is evil toward itself. It kills for gold, profit. this is the same part of mankind who claims the word of God, but does nothing, but watch the world poor die while it counts it's gold. This is what jesus meant when he said he didn't know you. The CC had only 2 popes in my lifetime. One was "murdered" cause he was going to tell the world the truth, and the other, "Polish Pope" .

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#238 Aug 23, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that only a few hundred people get excommunicated in the world every century and only the Pope can do that?
Don't worry killedjoe, I won't rat you out. Your meds probably need adjusting.
It is my understanding that any Bishop would be the ordinary for Excommunication proceedings except in the gravest of circumstances. And Excommunication always has a path to reconciliation. You are certainly right about the numbers.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#239 Aug 23, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> You can continue to stick your head in the sand and make believe nothing is wrong. Nothing exist without it making money, including all Christian Churches. If it is not making money it get closed down. People are dying all around the world of starvation, and a handful of folks out there trying to feed them, while all christian churches are loaded with money. Mankind itself is evil toward itself. It kills for gold, profit. this is the same part of mankind who claims the word of God, but does nothing, but watch the world poor die while it counts it's gold. This is what jesus meant when he said he didn't know you. The CC had only 2 popes in my lifetime. One was "murdered" cause he was going to tell the world the truth, and the other, "Polish Pope" .
Only two popes in your lifetime? Then you are still a baby! But that would make 4 by now. Frankly, if one doesn't rebel against their upbringing at some point there is something wrong.
killedjoe

White Plains, NY

#240 Aug 23, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Only two popes in your lifetime? Then you are still a baby! But that would make 4 by now. Frankly, if one doesn't rebel against their upbringing at some point there is something wrong.
No, I am saying only 2 have been "real" leaders. I have been around since Pius the 12th, but it is really remember John the 23rd and all who have come and gone.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#241 Aug 23, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my understanding that any Bishop would be the ordinary for Excommunication proceedings except in the gravest of circumstances. And Excommunication always has a path to reconciliation. You are certainly right about the numbers.
You are right.

Church History Trivia:

In my young days when I was still a protester, a corrupt politician in South Louisiana, Leander Perez, was excommunicated by the Arch-Bishop of New Orleans for publicly try to prevent black children from attending Catholic Schools and being the biggest racist you can possibly be.

He reconciled with the Church before his death.
ANONYMOOUS Proxy

France

#242 Aug 23, 2013
In 1054 after a thousand years in existence the Catholic church in Rome decided to take control of all churches. The were the cause of the first split in the church when they left and claimed control with their infallible Pope. Ah yes, the infallible Pope seems to have run into a problem when a man by Luther wanted to move back in the direction of the true church and the formation of the Protestant churches was the result. Protestants are churches that want to leave the heretical Catholic churches and return to the original church under the Christ. The Catholics find it hard to break from their man made creation they call the church headed by their own created vicar of Christ they call the Pope. There is no such title mentioned in the New Testament or the writings of the early church and it was Gregory VII who, 1000 years after the church started created the Pope as Christ's Vicar. Man made church creating man made Christ. Protestants just want the real Christ.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#243 Aug 23, 2013
ANONYMOOUS Proxy wrote:
In 1054 after a thousand years in existence the Catholic church in Rome decided to take control of all churches. The were the cause of the first split in the church when they left and claimed control with their infallible Pope. Ah yes, the infallible Pope seems to have run into a problem when a man by Luther wanted to move back in the direction of the true church and the formation of the Protestant churches was the result. Protestants are churches that want to leave the heretical Catholic churches and return to the original church under the Christ. The Catholics find it hard to break from their man made creation they call the church headed by their own created vicar of Christ they call the Pope. There is no such title mentioned in the New Testament or the writings of the early church and it was Gregory VII who, 1000 years after the church started created the Pope as Christ's Vicar. Man made church creating man made Christ. Protestants just want the real Christ.
So who do you think cares about your daily slime? You who will not admit his denominational affiliation yet continually posts links from certifiably bizarre cults and professional Catholic bashers. By the way every single protestant denomination is truly man made and we know the names of the men and women who started each and every one of them!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#244 Aug 23, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> I know, but I am Catholic.
If you were baptized and confirmed as a Catholic no matter how far away you might roam you can return even as you take your last breaths on this earth.
ANONYMOOUS Proxy

France

#245 Aug 23, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
So who do you think cares about your daily slime? You who will not admit his denominational affiliation yet continually posts links from certifiably bizarre cults and professional Catholic bashers. By the way every single protestant denomination is truly man made and we know the names of the men and women who started each and every one of them!
Name one I posted that was incorrect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the church of Christ insider discussion boards (Aug '10) Jan 20 Hope and Change 9
Is there anything to do here??? Bored..... Jan 17 ATTheWizard85 1
Church of Christ rules and principles (Apr '13) Dec '16 Credal Drone 306
THE CHILDREN of THE GOD MOST HIGH (May '14) Dec '16 randy 6
thomas jefferson edwards (Apr '16) Oct '16 NUKS67 3
Martinsville Seven - The Martinsville Curse (Mar '10) Oct '16 Santiago Ramey 10
Nickname of Stick Oct '16 A friend 1

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages