Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#205 Aug 22, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
That is better than millions of catholics following a man made religion...
1.2 Billion Christians in the Church Jesus created by the Apostles. Created 350 years before the Bible was.

He promised it would not failed and it hasn't.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#206 Aug 22, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
So who made up the 40,000 protestant denominations including yours???? Guess you think they all just fell out of the sky!
Any attempt trying get us to believe that every catholic and every priest and every pope in every country is in complete agreement with each other and teach the exact same things from the first century till now is a lie from the pit of hell.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#207 Aug 22, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Any attempt trying get us to believe that every catholic and every priest and every pope in every country is in complete agreement with each other and teach the exact same things from the first century till now is a lie from the pit of hell.
The Church teaches the same things with regard to faith and morals as the first century Church. Go back and read the Church fathers. That is a fact you and the secular world cannot handle. The Church is protected from all evil just like God said.

You by your name , protest the Church Jesus started and said would not fail. You protest Christ.

what individual people in the Church do is another thing.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#208 Aug 23, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
And from which part of the pit do the 40,000 prot denominations come? Why do so many of them including yours accept infallible decisions made by the Ecumenical Councils of the Roman Catholic Church?
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

#209 Aug 23, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church teaches the same things with regard to faith and morals as the first century Church. Go back and read the Church fathers. That is a fact you and the secular world cannot handle. The Church is protected from all evil just like God said.
You by your name , protest the Church Jesus started and said would not fail. You protest Christ.
what individual people in the Church do is another thing.
The church is the people that the Lord has added to it. The church is not a institution concocted by man whether it be Catholic or Protestant. Jesus did not start the Catholic church. Jesus did not start Mary worship, rosary beads, selling indulgences, pedophile priests,and he did most certainly did not place a man on a throne in Rome that is infallible claiming to be Christ himself. We have seen that these Popes fall far short of Christ in their actions. They are just a man and no one should bow to them. All this is not of the church Christ started in the first century. All men are sinners and that includes the Pope. We are talking of a renegade group that broke from the true church when we speak of Catholics. They started demanding the other bishops bow to them in a power grab unknown to the early church. Best to stay away from them. Hence the Protestants who saw a need to return to the church of Christ

Location hidden

#210 Aug 23, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
It has just occurred to me where you heard this about "Easter Duty" and Excommunication. Chances are 100% some poor nun or priest or even your mother told you this to either get you off their back or cajole you into going to Mass. Catholics are required to receive Communion at least once each year typically during the very long Easter season but not necessarily then. Catholics are also required to confess mortal sin prior to receiving Communion but if you are unaware of having committed a mortal sin there is nothing to confess. Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, John Kerry, and Ted Kennedy escaped Excommunication. Do you really think anyone else is at risk? Excommunication rarely happens in the United States unless you are a really bad priest or bishop. Don't bother cutting and pasting anything from the Council of Trent on this subject. I am aware of this and also of Canon Law.
It's also worth noting the Catholic Church has many events called "Welcome Home" or "Catholics Come Home" which encourage anyone to reconnect with the Church no matter how many Easters and years have gone by without so much as setting foot inside a Church.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

#211 Aug 23, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>

And another funny thing, unless I've missed it you have yet to divulge your denomination. You say you are not CofC and you have posted Baptist links. What is it or are you ashamed to tell us?
And what difference does it make? The Catholic denomination or Methodist denomination or the Baptist denomination will not make one bit of difference in my salvation. Only thing that matters is if the Lord has sealed me.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

#212 Aug 23, 2013
Salvation is not in a church. Salvation is in a relationship with the Messiah. No matter if some dislike the word "relationship", try getting into the church of our Lord without it.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

#213 Aug 23, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also worth noting the Catholic Church has many events called "Welcome Home" or "Catholics Come Home" which encourage anyone to reconnect with the Church no matter how many Easters and years have gone by without so much as setting foot inside a Church.
Satan will try every possible way to bring people back to his church also. It really is not worth noting that the Catholic church does the same as do all churches. They probably copied the idea from Protestants as many have always had homecomings and similiar events.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#214 Aug 23, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
It has just occurred to me where you heard this about "Easter Duty" and Excommunication. Chances are 100% some poor nun or priest or even your mother told you this to either get you off their back or cajole you into going to Mass. Catholics are required to receive Communion at least once each year typically during the very long Easter season but not necessarily then. Catholics are also required to confess mortal sin prior to receiving Communion but if you are unaware of having committed a mortal sin there is nothing to confess. Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, John Kerry, and Ted Kennedy escaped Excommunication. Do you really think anyone else is at risk? Excommunication rarely happens in the United States unless you are a really bad priest or bishop. Don't bother cutting and pasting anything from the Council of Trent on this subject. I am aware of this and also of Canon Law.
So what your saying is that I was right about the "Easter Duties". THANK YOU.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#215 Aug 23, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
1.2 Billion Christians in the Church Jesus created by the Apostles. Created 350 years before the Bible was.
Let me see if I am getting what your saying. The Bible was created 350 years after Jesus. If that is what your saying, then why did Jesus quote the Prophets, talk about the Laws of Moses. What was formed 350 years later is what is called the NT, by a Pagan Worshipper. The Christian Leaders in Rome allowed Paganism in to help convert the Roman Gentiles to Christian Belief. This is why we are called ROMAN CATHOLICS. Paul allowed the law to change against what Moses wrote and the prophets wrote and Jesus confirmed. Please, the bibles was around after Moses took the hebrews out of Egypt, before Saul became King.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#216 Aug 23, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
This promise to happen when the Kingdom of God takes place. The Kingdom of God is not here yet, Jesus has not returned. If the CC was perfect, then Jesus return to establish the Kingdom is not nesscessary. This is still Satan's world. Has the book say, Woe to the inhabitates, for satan know his days are numbers.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#218 Aug 23, 2013
Anonymous Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>The church is the people that the Lord has added to it. The church is not a institution concocted by man whether it be Catholic or Protestant. Jesus did not start the Catholic church. Jesus did not start Mary worship, rosary beads, selling indulgences, pedophile priests,and he did most certainly did not place a man on a throne in Rome that is infallible claiming to be Christ himself. We have seen that these Popes fall far short of Christ in their actions. They are just a man and no one should bow to them. All this is not of the church Christ started in the first century. All men are sinners and that includes the Pope. We are talking of a renegade group that broke from the true church when we speak of Catholics. They started demanding the other bishops bow to them in a power grab unknown to the early church. Best to stay away from them. Hence the Protestants who saw a need to return to the church of Christ
Many of the things you mention is the pagan worship that the CC allowed to bring in converts. Like the Catholics of the Carribbean Islands, where Voodoo is still practice within the Catholic faith. The praying to Mary with baby Jesus is from the Egyptian belief of praying to Osirus and baby Horus. If you look at both statues, they are the same. Rosary beads is from Buddha, the the buying and selling os indulgences is from the Greeks Gods
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

#219 Aug 23, 2013
In 1054 after a thousand years in existence the Catholic church in Rome decided to take control of all churches. The were the cause of the first split in the church when they left and claimed control with their infallible Pope. Ah yes, the infallible Pope seems to have run into a problem when a man by Luther wanted to move back in the direction of the true church and the formation of the Protestant churches was the result. Protestants are churches that want to leave the heretical Catholic churches and return to the original church under the Christ. The Catholics find it hard to break from their man made creation they call the church headed by their own created vicar of Christ they call the Pope. There is no such title mentioned in the New Testament or the writings of the early church and it was Gregory VII who, 1000 years after the church started created the Pope as Christ's Vicar. Man made church creating man made Christ. Protestants just want the real Christ.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

#220 Aug 23, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Many of the things you mention is the pagan worship that the CC allowed to bring in converts. Like the Catholics of the Carribbean Islands, where Voodoo is still practice within the Catholic faith. The praying to Mary with baby Jesus is from the Egyptian belief of praying to Osirus and baby Horus. If you look at both statues, they are the same. Rosary beads is from Buddha, the the buying and selling os indulgences is from the Greeks Gods
Many of the Orthodox theologians make the same exact claim you do that the Catholics are influenced by pagan practices. The Orthodox claim that the changes are so great that the two churches are now two different men and no longer one.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

#221 Aug 23, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Many of the things you mention is the pagan worship that the CC allowed to bring in converts. Like the Catholics of the Carribbean Islands, where Voodoo is still practice within the Catholic faith. The praying to Mary with baby Jesus is from the Egyptian belief of praying to Osirus and baby Horus. If you look at both statues, they are the same. Rosary beads is from Buddha, the the buying and selling os indulgences is from the Greeks Gods
The Orthodox claim the Catholic church is controlled by pagan influences also. Their light is shining upon their own actions and the Catholics appear to be blind to it, although it is obvious to everyone else.

Location hidden

#222 Aug 23, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> So what your saying is that I was right about the "Easter Duties". THANK YOU.
In principal but not in practice. The phrase "Easter Duty" does not appear in the Catechism. There is a path to return to the Catholic Church after missing countless Masses and Easters.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#223 Aug 23, 2013
Anonymous Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>The Orthodox claim the Catholic church is controlled by pagan influences also. Their light is shining upon their own actions and the Catholics appear to be blind to it, although it is obvious to everyone else.
I know, but I am Catholic.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#224 Aug 23, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
In principal but not in practice. The phrase "Easter Duty" does not appear in the Catechism. There is a path to return to the Catholic Church after missing countless Masses and Easters.
No, every year right before Ash Wednesday, the priest reminds the congregation of it Easter Duties and that the CC expects of us. It is in practice. You want to twist it around that's your call
Anonymous Proxy

Morehead, KY

#225 Aug 23, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> I know, but I am Catholic.
Opps,lol. You don't sound very Catholic even though I knew you were raised in Catholic schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 1 hr Bobby 1,143
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Tue gwsbadass 1,360
How can i get a copy of my background check? (Nov '13) Mon Louis Hawkins 3
Are there any free people finder/background che... (Oct '13) Mon Asiagirl 3
Indictments issued Sep 26 shannonsmith 1
Why are ... Sep 25 satoshi 1
Sola fide? Sep 24 William 77

Martinsville Jobs

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Martinsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Martinsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]