Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby wrote:
1 John 4:4 But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.
Scripture!! Protestants use it catholics don't!
What a bizarre statement to make. The only use protestants have made of Scripture is to create 40,000 disparate denominations.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, it is an outright lie to try to separate the church from the people-the people are the church. In one small sense I agree that the church/people cannot sin. It is not that we cannot sin but that our sin is no longer counted against us.
19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
One thing is becoming clear on these threads-Protestants are better bible students than catholics.
You and killedjoe graduate from the same seminary?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Mankind is born into sin. The church leaders are from Mankind, therefore the church is imperfect with man making calls on the laws of the church. Ex: In the CC, if you do not do your "Easter Duties", you are excommunicated from the Church. How do you explain that Jesus came to forgive but the church cast you out. The True Church does not exist yet. The Kingdom of God is not here yet.
Easter Duties? Excommunication? Quit spreading lies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Anonymous Proxy wrote:
I see a different picture that what the Catholic church attempts to pain about WWII.
http://search.yahoo.com/search...
I consider this a propaganda picture when I see pictures of the POW's.
Mark do you blame anyone for seeing a different reality than what Catholics are trying to project? Do you think these pictures are all fabricated? Our generation has no idea of these realities because the WWII generation is long forgotten by us.
Maybe you have forgotten. I have not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Anonymous Proxy wrote:
Did you happen to check the origins of these videos? I did. The groups behind them are as flaky as you. Do you belong to the Remnant of God? Presents of God Ministry?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you what is crap. It is crap to pray to Mary. It is crap to teach purgatory. It is crap to teach transubstantiation. Etc etc etc.
The catholic church has created nothing but lies...
So the Nicene Creed is nothing but lies?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Anonymous Proxy wrote:
Perfection? Praying to Mary? Perfection?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
RC SPROUL??? HA HA HA HA HA Are you Sproul's defrocked son?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
1 John 4:4 But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.
Scripture!! Protestants use it catholics don't!
Protestants abuse the Bible to make it fit their beliefs. Once they repeat their private interpretation, it is no longer the word of God.

Only the infallible teaching of Scripture makes it the word of God. Without that it is merely words on paper.

300,000 variations of translations and add to the that, the millions of men and women each having a Spirit telling them that they are right and everybody else is wrong, makes is so ludicrous, it is so very hard to imagine anybody believing that. But I used to be there doing the same thing.

Oh the pride of Men.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

So why is it we never see any of you professional Catholic bashers creating threads which extol the virtues and belief systems of your own particular denominations? You could discuss its founders, history, membership requirements, worship, music, literature, etc.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
I guessing your not a Catholic. Cause if you were, you would know this. I believe Mike Petersen is aware of this. If you are a Catholic, ask a priest
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Nicene Creed is nothing but lies?
The Nicene Creed is a pledge telling the CC that you will honor and do what it preach.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants abuse the Bible to make it fit their beliefs. Once they repeat their private interpretation, it is no longer the word of God.
Only the infallible teaching of Scripture makes it the word of God. Without that it is merely words on paper.
300,000 variations of translations and add to the that, the millions of men and women each having a Spirit telling them that they are right and everybody else is wrong, makes is so ludicrous, it is so very hard to imagine anybody believing that. But I used to be there doing the same thing.
Oh the pride of Men.
You are 100% correct. But all Christian Churches have their own interpretation of what it saying. This is why I keep on saying the word of God is the TRUTH. but man being a sinner, he doesn't know what truth is, not yet anyhow.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
P S. The movie DOGMA was on STARZ cable. I had a good laugh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> I guessing your not a Catholic. Cause if you were, you would know this. I believe Mike Petersen is aware of this. If you are a Catholic, ask a priest
I believe you live in your own little world. Some days the meds work other days mommy forgets to give them to you.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to Catholic school from 1st right thru high school. Had NUNS (Sister of CHarity) and Irish Christian Brothers who were my teachers. Even had 2 uncle who were Irish Christian Brother. I remember my ears getting pulled for not knowing the difference of a Venial sin and a mortal sin in the 2nd grade to this day cause nerve deafness. Again, if you don't know this, either you exposed yourself has a liar or your not a Catholic. What are the Easter Dudies? do you know.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you live in your own little world. Some days the meds work other days mommy forgets to give them to you.
There you go again with your Christian teachings of LOVE THY NEIGHBOR HAS YOU LOVE YOURSELF. PHONEY.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't answer the question, are you catholic/ Cause you should know this.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bizarre statement to make. The only use protestants have made of Scripture is to create 40,000 disparate denominations.
That is better than millions of catholics following a man made religion...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> You still haven't answer the question, are you catholic/ Cause you should know this.
It has just occurred to me where you heard this about "Easter Duty" and Excommunication. Chances are 100% some poor nun or priest or even your mother told you this to either get you off their back or cajole you into going to Mass. Catholics are required to receive Communion at least once each year typically during the very long Easter season but not necessarily then. Catholics are also required to confess mortal sin prior to receiving Communion but if you are unaware of having committed a mortal sin there is nothing to confess. Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, John Kerry, and Ted Kennedy escaped Excommunication. Do you really think anyone else is at risk? Excommunication rarely happens in the United States unless you are a really bad priest or bishop. Don't bother cutting and pasting anything from the Council of Trent on this subject. I am aware of this and also of Canon Law.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
That is better than millions of catholics following a man made religion...
So who made up the 40,000 protestant denominations including yours???? Guess you think they all just fell out of the sky!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 200 of311
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Martinsville Forum right now

Search the Martinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
David Hersey GOT SCHOOLED(owned) 7 hr Jack 5
MESSAGE TO Lee Parish - PREACHERFILES 11 hr Steven Haguewood 10
Steven Haguewood vs THE WORD of KNOWLEDGE 12 hr Flygerian 69
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 23 hr abe 1,350
great way to make money from home Sat stuffyouneed424 1
your personality in 6 words (Oct '09) Sat Ami in Mee-ami 2
Triduum Sat Mike_Peterson 1
•••
•••