Has your leadership started planning ...
Dave P

Pinellas Park, FL

#41 Jun 28, 2013
See Steve, this is where we all disagree with you. The first marriage was not a legal contract, there was no law or paper to be found. God is the one who created and ordained marriage. He never called it a simple legal contract or ceremony.

Second, you must not have watched the same news I did. Gays are UPSET because the court rulings did not go FAR ENOUGH. Flying to Cali, getting hitched, going home ain't good enough. Federal recognition isn't enough. William is correct. The interstate commerce clause will probably get stretched to include gay marriage, or we will have a 30/20 split like civil war days.

How can you not see this simply is not about a piece of paper?
William

Birmingham, AL

#42 Jun 28, 2013
"How can you not see this simply is not about a piece of paper?"

It's also a clever ploy by the feds (and states that pass the marriage law that also have a state income tax) to get higher tax revenue from gay married couples when they file jointly.

The Roman Empire never went away. It just changed addresses.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#43 Jun 28, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
Oh good grief - how about using the law to achieve the goal of equal-rights marriage for all Americans? Heaven forbid that the law be used to pursue justice and fairness.
It was explained on the news this way: The federal government must recognize gay marriage where gays can currently be legally married. Eventually, a gay couple will move to a state that does NOT recognize the legal marriage while the fed. gov. has ALREADY recognized it, so they will sue to have their marriage from another state recognized in any state. Then, if a state has to recognize a gay marriage from another state, well, doesn't that mean gay marriage is allowed there? The gay folks can just travel to CA, get married, and come home to WV and still be gay married and the fed. gov. will HAVE to recognize it. How can the fed. gov. recognize it and not the state? I don't know this to be true, but it made sense to me. Soon, gay marriage will be throughout the US.
Gay marriage is a LEGAL DOCUMENT, not a ceremony. It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with God.
It does not have anything to do with God-well since they are mostly athiest, maybe it has more to do with an agenda against christians. Gays do not simply want the rights to legally marry, they want christians to agree with their ideology, that being gay is a natural function of society. In other words they are discriminating against our rights to have faith in a creator. In fact athiesm would like nothing better than to wipe us from the face of the earth- we are deemed as a scourge to society.

The words queer and gay once had completely different definitions than today and by all means be careful not to use the horrible word homosexual. Political and ethnic cleansing is well under way.
William

Birmingham, AL

#44 Jun 28, 2013
"The words queer and gay once had completely different definitions than today and by all means be careful not to use the horrible word homosexual. Political and ethnic cleansing is well under way."

It is very strange that homosexuals do not want to be called "homosexuals."
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#45 Jun 28, 2013
Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
God told me civil war is coming to America.
God gave me common sense and common sense says that is a possibility especially if you know your history and the 1850s events leading up to that separation. And for the record slavery was one of many issues unlike what is brain washed into American children today.

And also that God clearly has used outside forces to bring his people down, that Islam may be used to do so since the west has fallen so completely away from God in perversion after perversion.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#46 Jun 28, 2013
Bobby I believe that churches should all be placing a small group system into place to prepare for the day when building centered churches will be litigated out of existence over gay government sanctioned coupling.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47 Jun 28, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
Bobby I believe that churches should all be placing a small group system into place to prepare for the day when building centered churches will be litigated out of existence over gay government sanctioned coupling.
The only way to truly move away from this would be take the church underground. Even small groups with a “licensed preacher” will be seen as THE CHURCH by gays wanting to marry.

There are enough gay Churches to accommodate them already. There is one in Roanoke that my cousin attends. She and her “wife” married where it was “recognized” then come back here.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#48 Jun 28, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
Protestantism has been headed to ground zero anyway so it will be be that big of an adjustment for them, "The Bible and Me".

Since: Jul 12

Welch, WV

#49 Jun 28, 2013
Dave P wrote:
See Steve, this is where we all disagree with you. The first marriage was not a legal contract, there was no law or paper to be found. God is the one who created and ordained marriage. He never called it a simple legal contract or ceremony.
Second, you must not have watched the same news I did. Gays are UPSET because the court rulings did not go FAR ENOUGH. Flying to Cali, getting hitched, going home ain't good enough. Federal recognition isn't enough. William is correct. The interstate commerce clause will probably get stretched to include gay marriage, or we will have a 30/20 split like civil war days.
How can you not see this simply is not about a piece of paper?
OK, Dave, we'll start at the beginning (even though I don't even see why it's relevant now - times have changed). The FIRST marriage - was it Adam and Eve? The Bible says:

Genesis 2:20-24(NIV)

20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.But for Adam[a] no suitable helper was found.

21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[b] and then closed up the place with flesh.

22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[c] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,“This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

*sigh* That's a poor example of a marriage - no other man ever got to marry the person created out of his rib. What does Jesus say about it?

Matthew 19:4(NIV)

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied,“that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a]

That's it? There's got to be more to support this anti-gay argument. Help me out, Christians, what does the Bible say that makes it SO important that gays are not allowed to get married?

Gays HAVE to be upset about still not achieving their goal: being able to marry a person regardless of gender throughout the entire county. If they show any sort of satisfaction and gratitude for a lesser success, they might not get to finish the job. Do you know how hard 5% of the population had to work to get this far? They will not be satisfied until this discrimination is abolished - and rightly so!

Don't you see how the church is not even a factor? Gays will need churches to get married? They most certainly do not. You know that gays have been getting married all along - the ceremonial kind of marriage where you make commitments and express your love and devotion and promise to do it until you die - what they need is the CERTIFICATE. They need to be properly recognized and dag-gone it, they're not going to stop until they ARE. The gays I know where actually pleased with the progress and remain faithful that there will be victories to come. I encourage their enthusiasm.

It's a great day to be gay! Yay!

Welch, WV

#50 Jun 28, 2013
William wrote:
It's also a clever ploy by the feds (and states that pass the marriage law that also have a state income tax) to get higher tax revenue from gay married couples when they file jointly.

The Roman Empire never went away. It just changed addresses.
Alright - I'm going to try to grasp your theory that most gay supporters are selfish, greedy folks who are using the gay agenda to further their OWN agenda, corruptly. By supporting gay rights, you are supporting corrupt politics?

That's an unintended consequence - a necessary evil - what lengths do you think 5% of the population would go to for receiving 51% of the population's support? Gay people have never been very popular and have always been a minority - what a logical reason that their "rights" have been overlooked and discarded until now - 5% of people are generally powerless. Boy, this 5% sure is feisty. Maybe it is a result of being traditionally discriminated against. Like black people who adopt the anger of their long dead slave ancestors, gays have adopted the anger of all gays that have ever been rejected. Yeah, I know, they are REALLY angry, right? Shouldn't they be?

Why would a heterosexual 46% support something that benefits them in no way? Well, like all industrious businessmen, they will find a way that their support WILL benefit them. Since gays figured out that they HAD to go through politics to accomplish anything, they were ready to make a deal like all the other politicians. Don't blame gay people that politics are corrupt - the only way to win the game is to play the game.

But you all are over-reacting; I don't think you have to go underground quite yet.

Welch, WV

#51 Jun 28, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not have anything to do with God-well since they are mostly athiest, maybe it has more to do with an agenda against christians. Gays do not simply want the rights to legally marry, they want christians to agree with their ideology, that being gay is a natural function of society. In other words they are discriminating against our rights to have faith in a creator. In fact athiesm would like nothing better than to wipe us from the face of the earth- we are deemed as a scourge to society.
The words queer and gay once had completely different definitions than today and by all means be careful not to use the horrible word homosexual. Political and ethnic cleansing is well under way.
Why would gay people be Atheist? Is it because a Christian God wants them to live their lives without ever having sex and denying their sexuality? I would have to agree with their lack of support for God's intentions for them.

You are wrong about what gays want - gays do not want to march into your church and take your religion from you. Is Christianity intolerant of certain people? Well, people who are gay married, apparently - so, are your intentions to not allow gay married people into your church? You're a meanie. You should graciously allow gay married people into your church in hopes that they will be moved by your sermon about how God disapproves and does not recognize gay marriage. If they don't want to hear that, they will probably leave. It doesn't mean you cannot preach it - if it is your message, you are entitled to communicate it to anyone who will listen. Gays disagree - they will go somewhere that is accepting of their lifestyle - as they always have.

You are confusing "Christians" with "society". Gays want society to recognize and respect their lifestyle - all the people - they cannot help it if 80% of you are Christian! They are painfully aware that 80% of you are Christian - it is the reason that defeating your values has been so difficult - but not impossible! You don't get to apply your religious beliefs to society. Society has to be fair - it's the law!

Are you mad that 5% of the populations thinks poorly of you because your religious beliefs seem discriminatory to them? You are worried about being discriminated against by the 5%, but you don't care that the 5% has long been discriminated against by the 80%.

Why in the world do you think Atheists would like to wipe you off the planet? Being Atheist doesn't turn you into a mass murderer. Atheists don't hate you - they just don't want to be hated by you. If you express disdain towards a group of people, what do you expect in return?

"Gay used to mean such a happy kind of a word." (Fame, 1981) What did queer mean? Odd? Any openly gay person has to become comfortable with the terminology - they know what "queer" and "gay" mean now - I don't know any gay people who are uncomfortable being called homosexual. Maybe it's your tone they don't like.

It may seem like the country has been taken over by the gays - it's not true - it's a means to an end. That couldn't get the support of 46% of the people with getting their attention any way they could think of. Roller skates, colored afro wigs, and cut off shorts TELL you something about a person. They NEED you to pay attention to them until they get the fair treatment they are after - give it to them and they will go back to being 5%. You can go back to ignoring them.

Welch, WV

#52 Jun 28, 2013
William wrote:
It is very strange that homosexuals do not want to be called "homosexuals."
Well, that is true and not true.

Suppose you asked a man: Sir, I noticed you being affectionate with another man. Are you homosexual?

A patient man with good humor might say: I certainly am and this person with me is homosexual as well.

A bitter man with a short fuse may say: My sexuality is no business of yours. Move along.

You see that it's not being called homosexual that is demeaning. It's the fact that you went to the effort to separate yourself from him, as if you are normal and he is abnormal. You are one thing and he is another.

If you displayed clues that you also may be homosexual, a gay person would have a different attitude towards being called out by his sexuality. You may be interested in his sexuality because you are open towards a sexual relationship. In that case, it is understandable why one would be so interested in someone else's sexuality - it would not be to separate himself from another person, but to connect in some way to another person.

Maybe "homosexual" is politically incorrect. In politics and law - sexuality or gender should not even be on the questionnaire. It's no one else's business. Why do homosexuals and heterosexuals need to be categorized?

Welch, WV

#53 Jun 28, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave me common sense and common sense says that is a possibility especially if you know your history and the 1850s events leading up to that separation. And for the record slavery was one of many issues unlike what is brain washed into American children today.
And also that God clearly has used outside forces to bring his people down, that Islam may be used to do so since the west has fallen so completely away from God in perversion after perversion.
Civil war doesn't "come your way" - civil war happens when the people pick up their guns and go out and MAKE it happen. Rather that preparing yourself to join in with the activities, how are you preparing yourself to convince your neighbors to stay in control and act civilized?

You all sound like your opinion is that our civilization isn't worth trying to preserve.

Welch, WV

#54 Jun 28, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
What is a church? A building? Isn't a church nothing more than a gathering of followers worshiping God? That shouldn't be too hard to move to an "undisclosed" location if you are so worried about being oppressed. You would do all that to avoid telling a gay couple to their face that you refuse to preform a gay wedding ceremony because you assume that it must somehow be against the law to do such a thing. Do you perform Muslim weddings in your church or do you just go on with your life assuming no Muslim would ask you to do such a strange thing that is obviously against your religious beliefs?

Welch, WV

#55 Jun 28, 2013
JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way to truly move away from this would be take the church underground. Even small groups with a “licensed preacher” will be seen as THE CHURCH by gays wanting to marry.
There are enough gay Churches to accommodate them already. There is one in Roanoke that my cousin attends. She and her “wife” married where it was “recognized” then come back here.
What other religious ceremony does the government force Christian churches to perform? None? How logical since it is not the government's role to force churches to do anything. They don't even make them pay taxes.

There are gay churches - I'm sure you would disregard them as false churches - but, they gather and worship God and Jesus knowing good and well that God did not create them wrong. Their churches are as legitimate and tax free as your own. What a logical place to go to get gay married.

Or, as mentioned before, why would Atheist gays go to church to get married anyway? Atheists take it straight to the court-house.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#56 Jun 28, 2013
JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you should go underground, or even maybe the closet, we will let you know when it's okay to come out.

Welch, WV

#57 Jun 28, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestantism has been headed to ground zero anyway so it will be be that big of an adjustment for them, "The Bible and Me".
Are you saying that gay marriage would up-heave the foundation of Protestant churches while Catholic churches will not be affected?
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#58 Jun 28, 2013
Unmasking The “Gay” Agenda

http://www.cwfa.org/articledisplay.asp...
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#59 Jun 28, 2013
Bobby wrote:
Everybody has agenda. The Christian agenda can be threatening also.

Welch, WV

#60 Jun 28, 2013
Bobby wrote:
Oh, Bob, no. That site was just horrible. I read about 1/3rd until it was so obviously offensive propaganda - I just couldn't read that anymore.

Do you honestly believe all of that, Bob, really? Gays don't hate you - they just don't want to be hated by you. If it seems like gays are really acting a fool to get people to vote for their "equal rights" - they are! It is the only way to get the votes - the influence - the rights. You were comfortable while they hid behind shadows so you didn't have to look at them. You want to squash them out of existence - you were enjoying pretending that they didn't exist. They do exist. They are people. Everybody should be allowed the same benefits and opportunities in our country - you want yours but you don't want them to have theirs. Don't be a meanie, Bob. Leave those gays alone and let them go get married. Maybe they'll add decor and flare to your neighborhood - they are notorious for that! Quit being so mad. Accept the truth - society does and will accept homosexuality as a respected lifestyle. Not all those other things like: if it feels good, do it! or silencing Christians by all means possible. That's ridiculous, Bob, you know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thomas jefferson edwards (Apr '16) Oct '16 NUKS67 3
THE CHILDREN of THE GOD MOST HIGH (May '14) Oct '16 randy 5
Martinsville Seven - The Martinsville Curse (Mar '10) Oct '16 Santiago Ramey 10
Nickname of Stick Oct '16 A friend 1
Easter Auto Sales (Feb '12) Oct '16 donnawyattreed 9
Dawn Mills Oct '16 Alan Nolan 1
Worship vs Service (Sep '10) Oct '16 Openbook7 7

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance