Has your leadership started planning for the end of Open Church services?

Posted in the Martinsville Forum

Comments (Page 15)

Showing posts 281 - 300 of316
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to give them a dose of persecution? Pearl! You know 2 wrongs don't make a right. Persecution towards anyone is always a bad choice - even when you feel like someone deserves a it.
I think the Christians are fearing persecution that they may or may not ever actually experience. They are preparing themselves and I believe that's smart thinking - you can always act more confidently when you feel prepared for whatever may come. The Bible predicts that they will be persecuted - in that case, by all means, pack it up and hide.
Times ARE a-changing - can you imagine our government frightening Christians into hiding their faith? I find that to be far-fetched, BUT, it IS possible - stranger things have happened.
I find it especially far-fetched to imagine that gay civil rights will result in Christian persecution - c'mon...
Another term for fearing persecution that may or may not happen-Paranoid. And yes, times are changing, I keep telling you, it's a new age, the age of Aquarius. You can see it happening, mono-theism is dying.

Since: Jul 12

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Another term for fearing persecution that may or may not happen-Paranoid. And yes, times are changing, I keep telling you, it's a new age, the age of Aquarius. You can see it happening, mono-theism is dying.
What will replace mono-theism?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

<quoted text>
Brotherhood, unity and integrity just to name a few.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
Look up the word PURGE.
God is soon to PURGE the Earth.
He told so and showed me a very small glimpse of what is soon to befall upon the whole Earth.
Idiots like you will be no where to be found.
I saw that Movie. Don't waste your money.
Dave P

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

<quoted text>
Islam is mono-theism. Is it dying?
Dave P

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Brotherhood, unity and integrity just to name a few.
Or anarchy. The world isn't doing so good on the brotherhood and unity and integrity fronts. Lack of spiritual beliefs won't help that; it will lead to worse.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

<quoted text>
Civil war doesn't "come your way" - civil war happens when the people pick up their guns and go out and MAKE it happen. Rather that preparing yourself to join in with the activities, how are you preparing yourself to convince your neighbors to stay in control and act civilized?
You all sound like your opinion is that our civilization isn't worth trying to preserve.
Biblical history clearly shows that God is willing to use godless nations to subjugate his followers to bring them crawling back to his will. Jesus called for the his body to be one, and instead of following his command the people of God have been building their own religious empires called denominations. The storm is coming the sword of Islam and the immorality of the left combined and allied will break on the people of God and bring them into submission back to his will.

The day gets closer and closer and we go along are way unconcerned. Is it a coincidence that those saints who cry out in revelation were beheaded?

Revelation 20:4
Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

One of Islam's favorite methods of execution is beheading. It's not hard to connect the dots and see the major players in the endgame that is coming!
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Walkinginlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical history clearly shows that God is willing to use godless nations to subjugate his followers to bring them crawling back to his will. Jesus called for the his body to be one, and instead of following his command the people of God have been building their own religious empires called denominations. The storm is coming the sword of Islam and the immorality of the left combined and allied will break on the people of God and bring them into submission back to his will.
The day gets closer and closer and we go along are way unconcerned. Is it a coincidence that those saints who cry out in revelation were beheaded?
Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
One of Islam's favorite methods of execution is beheading. It's not hard to connect the dots and see the major players in the endgame that is coming!
Ya know, the guillotine waS infamous with french executions for hundreds of years also, does that make them "majors players in the endgame" that Christians have been whining about for two thousand years?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Or anarchy. The world isn't doing so good on the brotherhood and unity and integrity fronts. Lack of spiritual beliefs won't help that; it will lead to worse.
Just goes to show that mono-theism is a failure. All those believers out there and yet "the world isn't doing so good".
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Just goes to show that mono-theism is a failure. All those believers out there and yet "the world isn't doing so good".
God promised his Church would never fail. It is the longest running organization in the history of the world. Why? Divine intervention. It has survived invading armies, sinful people from within and out..

The CC has fed, clothed, given water , educated , and given medical care to more people than any organization in the history of the world.

The Protestant reformation has divided the body of Christ and the world, people like you, can see the division the Jesus predicted that would happen if the Church divided. The world would not see us as one.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Just goes to show that mono-theism is a failure. All those believers out there and yet "the world isn't doing so good".
The world is full of people who all have free will to do right or do wrong. It is no different for the people of God, they still have a choice.

Because I choose to do wrong is not a reflection on God, it is a reflection on me. God is perfect in every way, and when that day finally does come, we will both bow to the same God.

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Walkinginlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly, Christians have been beheaded, murdered, tortured, ect. throughout history for no reason other than their dedication to their beliefs. Please do not forget all of the OTHER people who have been treated the same for their different religious beliefs - some were even treated that way because they did NOT share in the Christian beliefs.

That's a horrible way for anyone to act - killing and torturing people because of religious beliefs is not tolerated in our country. Don't you feel lucky? I agree that something major is about to happen that may reduce everyone's respect for the law and our government - but Muslims killing all the Christians is completely unrealistic in my view. Do you really believe this? You know that 80% of our population is Christian - you really expect Muslims to kill 80% of the US population?

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is mono-theism. Is it dying?
Well, I was reading that Islam is indeed growing within the US - I read that Muslims make up about 5% of the population - no wonder they are growing, there are SO many people available to convert.

Why isn't Christianity growing? You already have 80% of us - if you want more, you should invite the homosexuals, that would increase your numbers. Still, I can understand why Christianity is not growing like Islam is - I would be surprised to find that the number of Christians is in decline relative to the number of new Muslims. Islam is recruiting people who are already not Christian.

Mono-theism IS now popular and I would expect many generations to live and die before mono-theism does, but I would also agree that rejection of mono-theistic religions is a liberty that more and more people are choosing. However, it is still an insignificant number compared to the number of those who embrace it.

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Spiritual beliefs are not preventing anarchy - government control is doing that. Our societal norm does not promote brotherhood or unity - capitalism promotes greed, selfishness, and forced profitability - and Christians are active participants in that.

I would like to imagine that brotherhood, unity, and integrity are traits that will prevail despite religious beliefs and governmental control. But then, I'm an optimist.

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
God promised his Church would never fail. It is the longest running organization in the history of the world. Why? Divine intervention. It has survived invading armies, sinful people from within and out..
The CC has fed, clothed, given water , educated , and given medical care to more people than any organization in the history of the world.
The Protestant reformation has divided the body of Christ and the world, people like you, can see the division the Jesus predicted that would happen if the Church divided. The world would not see us as one.
Then why didn't God protect his church from being divided?

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Walkinginlove wrote:
<quoted text>
The world is full of people who all have free will to do right or do wrong. It is no different for the people of God, they still have a choice.
Because I choose to do wrong is not a reflection on God, it is a reflection on me. God is perfect in every way, and when that day finally does come, we will both bow to the same God.
Oh, not true. I do not plan to bow to your God or any other. If God arrived today to take home his followers, I would not go. Even though I would have been proven wrong about his existence and the existence of Heaven and Hell - I accept the consequences of my actions and so I already understand that if Heaven is real, there is no place there for me.

I do not consider what I do to be wrong - I do not think that it is hurting anyone that I do not follow Christianity - and I certainly do not think that my actions are a reflection of God. I can determine what is "right" and "wrong" to ME by observing my situations and considering the outcome of my actions - the law is available to correct me if I am wrong - the wrath of God or punishment by Hellfire do not influence my actions at all.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

<quoted text>
Then why didn't God protect his church from being divided?
Men have free will.

The CC is the longest living institution in the history of the world, and will be here until the end of ages.

In the United States, 50 percent of social services are provided by the Catholic church. but Catholics are only 24% of the population.

pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
This claim of yours is getting old, there are schools in China older than the Catholic church, and guess what, they are not even Christian.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
t's spiritual beliefs that have divided men.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Men have free will.
The CC is the longest living institution in the history of the world, and will be here until the end of ages.
In the United States, 50 percent of social services are provided by the Catholic church. but Catholics are only 24% of the population.
Again there are institutions in China that are older, without divine intervention.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 281 - 300 of316
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Martinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••