Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#265 Oct 20, 2013
Btw, I know of no Church that 'denigrates' His mother. Jesus never put His mother on the pedestal as the 'Mother of God' or a 'perpetual virgin' or to be prayed/petitioned to as a mediator between God and man.

Jesus said those who are His disciples are His mother, brother and sister - His family! Those who do the will of God are His family and equal to His mother. Yes, she is extremely blessed of God to have been His mother - but even she said 'Do whatever He tells you to do.'

Jesus said to pray to whom?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#266 Oct 20, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Btw, I know of no Church that 'denigrates' His mother. Jesus never put His mother on the pedestal as the 'Mother of God' or a 'perpetual virgin' or to be prayed/petitioned to as a mediator between God and man.
Jesus said those who are His disciples are His mother, brother and sister - His family! Those who do the will of God are His family and equal to His mother. Yes, she is extremely blessed of God to have been His mother - but even she said 'Do whatever He tells you to do.'
His Father. He never once said to pray to him. Why do you pray to Jesus. Jesus words only remember?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#267 Oct 20, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
The Bride and Groom asked Blessed Mary to intercede for them and Jesus listened. Why don't you call her Blessed Mary? God said to.

Barely able to speak because his lungs were full of blood and the pain was agonizing some of the last words Jesus spoke:

Behold Sola Scriptura???/

"Behold Your Mother." Our Mother. All of Christianity's Mother.

Where were his "sisters" and "brothers"?

Low end Prots make a mockery of the only person who had the same DNA as God and Jesus. Even the original protesters kept adoring her.

Keep her in the Manger, they say.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#268 Oct 20, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
His Father. He never once said to pray to him. Why do you pray to Jesus. Jesus words only remember?
Where did I say I pray to Jesus? I pray to the Father in the name of Jesus. No, we are to pray to the Father... Yes, it's a theme for me by now;-)
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#269 Oct 20, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bride and Groom asked Blessed Mary to intercede for them and Jesus listened. Why don't you call her Blessed Mary? God said to.
Barely able to speak because his lungs were full of blood and the pain was agonizing some of the last words Jesus spoke:
Behold Sola Scriptura???/
"Behold Your Mother." Our Mother. All of Christianity's Mother.
Where were his "sisters" and "brothers"?
Low end Prots make a mockery of the only person who had the same DNA as God and Jesus. Even the original protesters kept adoring her.
Keep her in the Manger, they say.
Ummm, He was speaking to the apostle John and telling him to consider her to be his mother as well and asking John to take care of her. That's what I've always been taught it meant. If it was a matter of general adoration - why was He speaking to John? Most of what He said on the cross was to everyone there - excepting the conversation with the thief who was crucified with Him.

I do appreciate the perspective though, as it gives me some idea of why Catholics and Orthodox make so much about Mary today.

Do you have supporting Scriptures for your viewpoint? At what point of history are the church 'fathers' making a point of it?
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#270 Oct 20, 2013
"Low end Prots make a mockery of the only person who had the same DNA as God and Jesus. Even the original protesters kept adoring her."

You've seen DNA sample analysis for Jesus Christ and Mary?!

Funny you bring that up. Ron Wyatt has a section on his DVD about finding the Ark of the Covenant and the angels present having him collect some of the blood from the Mercy Seat to have analyzed and presented some of the findings. Supposedly only the DNA of his mother and instead of a full set of DNA from the Father, there is only one small male DNA fragment - and it wasn't human.

If Jesus was a male, His DNA is not totally the same as His mother - could it? I thought Jesus taught that God is Spirit. Isn't DNA a flesh thing? Are you saying CC believes like LDS that God is a glorified Man?

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#271 Oct 20, 2013
Jesus was fully God and fully Man.

Location hidden

#272 Oct 20, 2013
"Behold your Mother." This also helps to prove that Mary had no other children.

If she did, it would have been the duty of the oldest son to take care of her.

Would Jesus actually spend time at the most important time of salvation history to just make living arrangements for his Mother? John represented his Church.

From the CCC:

501 Jesus is Mary's only son, but her spiritual motherhood extends to all men whom indeed he came to save: "The Son whom she brought forth is he whom God placed as the first-born among many brethren, that is, the faithful in whose generation and formation she co-operates with a mother's love."

963 Since the Virgin Mary's role in the mystery of Christ and the Spirit has been treated, it is fitting now to consider her place in the mystery of the Church. "The Virgin Mary ... is acknowledged and honored as being truly the Mother of God and of the redeemer.... She is 'clearly the mother of the members of Christ'... since she has by her charity joined in bringing about the birth of believers in the Church, who are members of its head."502 "Mary, Mother of Christ, Mother of the Church."

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#273 Oct 22, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
"Behold your Mother." This also helps to prove that Mary had no other children.
If she did, it would have been the duty of the oldest son to take care of her.
Would Jesus actually spend time at the most important time of salvation history to just make living arrangements for his Mother? John represented his Church.
From the CCC:
The Bible does not come out and declare that Mary remained a virgin and that she had no children. In fact, the Bible seems to state otherwise:(All quotes are from the NASB.)

Matthew 1:24-25 - "And Joseph arose from his sleep, and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took as his wife, and kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus."
Matthew 12:46-47 - "While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. And someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You."
Matthew 13:55 - "Is not this the carpenters son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?"
Mark 6:2-3 - "And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue; and the many listeners were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get these things, and what is this wisdom given to Him, and such miracles as these performed by His hands? "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?"
John 2:12 - "After this He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother, and His brothers, and His disciples; and there they stayed a few days."
Acts 1:14 - "These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers."
1 Cor. 9:4-5 - "Do we not have a right to eat and drink? Do we not have a right to take along a believing wife, even as the rest of the apostles, and the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?"
Gal. 1:19 - But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lords brother."

Your catholics forgot to eliminate these verses when they wrote the bible.:)

Location hidden

#274 Oct 22, 2013
Dont get confused with facts.

Location hidden

#275 Oct 22, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
Dont get confused with facts.
So you are right and every Christian and Protestant before 1800 was wrong about Blessed Mary.

Your belief is new as much of all low end Prot thinking. Made up.
William

Warrior, AL

#276 Oct 22, 2013
Mary was "elevated" to her current status by Catholics so that she could counteract the perception that Paul was sexist. She is also there to appeal to the maternal instincts of women in the RCC.

When you have a female Catholic telling you these things, then any non-Catholic bias about the subject of Mary suddenly vanishes.

Mary is a PR prop, pure and simple.

Location hidden

#277 Oct 22, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are right and every Christian and Protestant before 1800 was wrong about Blessed Mary.
quit trying to insult me and address the scriptures that prove your statement false. Insults are always present when truth can not be put forth by you. It was the same with Christ while on the cross.

Location hidden

#278 Oct 22, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>quit trying to insult me and address the scriptures that prove your statement false. Insults are always present when truth can not be put forth by you. It was the same with Christ while on the cross.
You just can't see how completely a waste of time it is do address scripture with all Prots and especially a low church Prot.
You are right and will always will be right. Everybody else is wrong and will always be wrong.

The meaning of Scripture was settled when they were written. The Church existed before any NT was written. If anybody had questions, they could ask the author live and in person.

Now 2,000 years later you, actual believe that you have a special direct line to the HS.

You are a heretic by birth and will always be one if you believe you have the authority to decide yourself what Jesus taught.
Annoying Proxy

Manassas, VA

#279 Oct 22, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't see how completely a waste of time it is do address scripture with all Prots and especially a low church Prot.
You are right and will always will be right. Everybody else is wrong and will always be wrong.
The meaning of Scripture was settled when they were written. The Church existed before any NT was written. If anybody had questions, they could ask the author live and in person.
Now 2,000 years later you, actual believe that you have a special direct line to the HS.
You are a heretic by birth and will always be one if you believe you have the authority to decide yourself what Jesus taught.
And you think you have the authority along with your pedophile leaders. Your teachings do not align with the teachings of the apostles. Charles Manson's teachings did not align with them either.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#280 Oct 23, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's one thing to strongly believe our points are the true facts of faith, but completely overstepping reason and historical facts just smacks of someone with unjustified pride who is trying to bully others - sort of like Obama?

Even if every RCC and Greek Orthodox were interviewed for the last 200 years, and you could prove that record by their own mark on the testimony, you'd still be missing most of the testimony;-) Maybe if 'every Christian' was defined to only include RCC and Greek Orthodox (who submitted to the threats from Rome to change their Scriptures and doctrine), we'd still be left with Christians outside the harassment and threatenings of Rome that DID NOT change their Scriptures or doctrine from what they received from the Apostles themselves.

As the Scripture list JustChristian notes, Jesus taught no such thing to worship his mother as a God. No, He's our King, everyone else is just part of the family. That includes the Apostles and the Pope, as well as you and me. We're all blessed of God who do seek to do the will of God - who live according to His Truth and Spirit.

Better re read Acts 3:22,23 and make sure you fit in where He said you do. To reject what He said about His mother - to make something different about it and then make a doctrine about it that you then brand others according to your additions is to suddenly find yourself cut off for not following what God said and also making up doctrine to demand others agree with the addition, which is to judge the Word of God as insufficient because you think you know better than God.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#281 Oct 23, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
So I have to shut out the Spirit as He testifies to the words of Jesus and turn instead to the RCC to tell me, through some 'ordained' authority that I'm to disbelieve those things Jesus plainly said and believe what the RCC says He really meant, that isn't obvious to anyone reading the passage?

With this type of system, it's no wonder the RCC is where it is today! Evidently its worked so when that by now the Pope doesn't even know to believe basic Christian doctrines.

Location hidden

#282 Oct 23, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
No Not Me the Bible is right. Sorry but man always comes in second to the truth ie the Word of God.

Location hidden

#283 Oct 23, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Noticed you missed all those scriptures that your group kept alive for us to read. Your group can not even destroy those and yet you deny what they say. hmmmm

Location hidden

#284 Oct 23, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Noticed you missed all those scriptures that your group kept alive for us to read. Your group can not even destroy those and yet you deny what they say. hmmmm
The Church doesn't even care what you think it means. You are only relevant in your own mind on what the Bible teaches.

Your thoughts on it are one of millions different ones. Totally meaningless.

There has been and will continue to be 1 Church until the end of ages, the pillar of truth, the authority to forgive or not forgive sins, who speaks for Jesus, who can bind and loosen.

Jesus promised us that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hard Passages: Acts 2:38 42 min Randy_Craiger 198
5 Acts of Worship: The error of The Church of C... (Sep '11) 57 min HEATH - 72 266
Catholics (Feb '14) 6 hr Bobby 1,851
Catholic deception 9 hr vannietrap 312
Hard Passages: Hebrews 6:4-6 Nov 21 Eyeseaewe 171
Church of Christ - Rug of Hypocrisy (May '13) Nov 20 anonymous 32
Johnny Robertson is running away Nov 19 News Bit 18
Martinsville Dating
Find my Match

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Martinsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Martinsville

Personal Finance