Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Polycarp of Smyrna (born c. 69) died a martyr somewhere around the year 155. He testified to being saved through grace and Christ Jesus,“…the Lord Jesus Christ...in whom you believe...knowing, that through grace ye are saved, NOT FROM WORKS, but by the will of God, through Christ Jesus.”22 Clement of Rome, who died about the year 100, wrote of being justified George Stanley Faber, The Primitive Doctrine of Justification, Investigated (London: R. B. Seely and W. Burnside, 1837) by faith,“…Therefore, we also, being called through his (God’s) will in Christ Jesus, are not justified through ourselves, neither through our own wisdom or understanding or piety or works...but through Faith.”

Justin Martyr (c. 100—165) wrote of being righteous before God on account of faith. He stated,“It was not by reason of circumcision that Abraham was testified of God to be righteous, but on account of faith. For, before he was circumcised, it was said of him: Abraham believed in God; and it was imputed unto him for righteousness.”

Irenaeus, who died about the year 190, or as late as 202, clearly explained the Gospel message in Romans, Chapter Three:“When Christ came, he accomplished all things: and still, in the Church, continues to accomplish the New Testament, foretold by the Law, even to consummation. As also the Apostle Paul says in his Epistle to the Romans: but now, without the Law, the righteousness of God is manifested, being testified of by the Law and the Prophets: for the just shall live by faith. But, that the just shall live by faith, had been foretold by the Prophets.”

Clement of Alexandria, a contemporary of Justin and Irenaeus in the late second and early third century, gave evidence to the Gospel of grace when he wrote,“Abraham was justified, not from works, but from faith. After the end of life, therefore, it is no profit to men even though now they shall have performed good works, unless they have faith.”

Athanasius, in the fourth century, likewise testifies of grace and redemption in a clear-cut Gospel message,“Not from these, but from faith, a man is justified; as also was Abraham. Having thus discussed such points, the Apostle shews again: that, in no other manner, can there be redemption and grace to Israel and to the Gentiles, except the original sin, which through Adam passed unto all, be loosed. But this, says he, can be blotted out though no other than through the Son of God…. For it was impossible, that any other should loose this transgression. Thus, as through one man sin entered into the world: thus also, through one man, grace came upon all.”
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

But, there are no writings from any idol-worshipping, Israel-of-God eschewing, heathen Ephesian and Colossian gentiles during this period, so they couldn't have been saved until a Catholic priest showed up.

Ain't that right, Timothy?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Answering Catholics wrote:
Polycarp of Smyrna (born c. 69) died a martyr somewhere around the year 155. He testified to being saved through grace and Christ Jesus,“…the Lord Jesus Christ...in whom you believe...knowing, that through grace ye are saved, NOT FROM WORKS, but by the will of God, through Christ Jesus.”22 Clement of Rome, who died about the year 100, wrote of being justified George Stanley Faber, The Primitive Doctrine of Justification, Investigated (London: R. B. Seely and W. Burnside, 1837) by faith,“…Therefore, we also, being called through his (God’s) will in Christ Jesus, are not justified through ourselves, neither through our own wisdom or understanding or piety or works...but through Faith.”
Justin Martyr (c. 100—165) wrote of being righteous before God on account of faith. He stated,“It was not by reason of circumcision that Abraham was testified of God to be righteous, but on account of faith. For, before he was circumcised, it was said of him: Abraham believed in God; and it was imputed unto him for righteousness.”
Irenaeus, who died about the year 190, or as late as 202, clearly explained the Gospel message in Romans, Chapter Three:“When Christ came, he accomplished all things: and still, in the Church, continues to accomplish the New Testament, foretold by the Law, even to consummation. As also the Apostle Paul says in his Epistle to the Romans: but now, without the Law, the righteousness of God is manifested, being testified of by the Law and the Prophets: for the just shall live by faith. But, that the just shall live by faith, had been foretold by the Prophets.”
Clement of Alexandria, a contemporary of Justin and Irenaeus in the late second and early third century, gave evidence to the Gospel of grace when he wrote,“Abraham was justified, not from works, but from faith. After the end of life, therefore, it is no profit to men even though now they shall have performed good works, unless they have faith.”
Athanasius, in the fourth century, likewise testifies of grace and redemption in a clear-cut Gospel message,“Not from these, but from faith, a man is justified; as also was Abraham. Having thus discussed such points, the Apostle shews again: that, in no other manner, can there be redemption and grace to Israel and to the Gentiles, except the original sin, which through Adam passed unto all, be loosed. But this, says he, can be blotted out though no other than through the Son of God…. For it was impossible, that any other should loose this transgression. Thus, as through one man sin entered into the world: thus also, through one man, grace came upon all.”
Amen brother ! These same men also believed in the real presence, the primacy of Peter, the Mass, apostolic succession, Tradition, Blessed Mary, and the authority of the Catholic Church.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen brother ! These same men also believed in the real presence, the primacy of Peter, the Mass, apostolic succession, Tradition, Blessed Mary, and the authority of the Catholic Church.
You need to check again, sir. You have drank the punch from the harlot.

http://www.bereanbeacon.org/articles.html
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I did many years ago when I swam the Tiber to come home. "To read History is to cease being Protestant."

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

<quoted text>
It's a cult site out for a buck just like the Sprouls.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

So the Sprouls are now claiming direct unbroken lineage to these men. Cracks me up!
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

You'll be best served to let Paul rest in the grave he prepared for himself. The earliest Church records from pre-70 AD refused to accept what Paul wrote as any authority or truth. Paul wasn't added in till later, and was apostle to the heretic Marcion.
Roman Catholic Sproul

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Sprouls are now claiming direct unbroken lineage to these men. Cracks me up!
A little early to be drinking isn't it Mark?
Roman Catholic Sproul

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a cult site out for a buck just like the Sprouls.
Don't get me wrong we certainly do not consider ourselves saints by any means. If we should be saved it certainly is not by anything we may be or have done of our own. That said, what everyone on here is trying to tell you two is you take a back seat to us simply because of your denial. You church is made up of sinners just as ours are. It is present in your churches as ours and need to be confronted as ours does. I don't see how you can deny your church history not to mention your present scandals. You are not saints either.
http://www.inquisitr.com/826242/vatican-scand...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Roman Catholic Sproul wrote:
<quoted text>A little early to be drinking isn't it Mark?
Oops! I forgot y'all Sprouls make up your own sh*t and try to make a buck passing it off to dumb low end prots.
Roman Catholic Sproul

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops! I forgot y'all Sprouls make up your own sh*t and try to make a buck passing it off to dumb low end prots.
here I was trying to find the priest and woman for you because I know your capabilities are limited and all the while you were up to no good. Shame, shame, shame. I ran into this and thought you might be interested as well.

http://rt.com/news/girl-vatican-sex-priest-97...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

<quoted text>Don't get me wrong we certainly do not consider ourselves saints by any means. If we should be saved it certainly is not by anything we may be or have done of our own. That said, what everyone on here is trying to tell you two is you take a back seat to us simply because of your denial. You church is made up of sinners just as ours are. It is present in your churches as ours and need to be confronted as ours does. I don't see how you can deny your church history not to mention your present scandals. You are not saints either.
No member of my family has ever been defrocked for any reason. Sprouls got defrocked for, among many things, giving Welchs to babies and calling it communion.
pearl

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

<quoted text>Don't get me wrong we certainly do not consider ourselves saints by any means. If we should be saved it certainly is not by anything we may be or have done of our own. That said, what everyone on here is trying to tell you two is you take a back seat to us simply because of your denial. You church is made up of sinners just as ours are. It is present in your churches as ours and need to be confronted as ours does. I don't see how you can deny your church history not to mention your present scandals. You are not saints either.
Yeah, you tell em, no saints here. And that does seem modest even for you folks. If you want to think of yourself as a saint, there's always those dirty little Mormon Latter Day Saints. Those little stinkers have no problem claiming to be saints. Shall we burn em or join em?
Roman Catholic Sproul

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you tell em, no saints here. And that does seem modest even for you folks. If you want to think of yourself as a saint, there's always those dirty little Mormon Latter Day Saints. Those little stinkers have no problem claiming to be saints. Shall we burn em or join em?
I am kinda partial to fires for people of other denominations than my own.
Roman Catholic Sproul

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you tell em, no saints here. And that does seem modest even for you folks. If you want to think of yourself as a saint, there's always those dirty little Mormon Latter Day Saints. Those little stinkers have no problem claiming to be saints. Shall we burn em or join em?
I am sorry if my post seemed modest. I do not want to imply modesty on my part at all. I sincerely apoligize.
Roman Catholic Sproul

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
No member of my family has ever been defrocked for any reason. Sprouls got defrocked for, among many things, giving Welchs to babies and calling it communion.
Catch ant suckers today? Opps, I meant fish.
Roman Catholic Sproul

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

<quoted text>Catch ant suckers today? Opps, I meant fish.
I know someone who may be interested in your book. I told them you wanted 100,000 for it and they said they were interested. They want to know if you will mail it to them so they can examine it.
pearl

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

<quoted text>I am kinda partial to fires for people of other denominations than my own.
This is the first post I've seen of yours that displays any kind of wit. Kudos friend. Keep practicing.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

What book

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Martinsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance