Johnny admits the COC lied

Posted in the Martinsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1 Aug 1, 2011
Below is a part of a post from Johnny where he is trying to address the dishonesty of Eric Pitcock.

Sure Eric knew about the issues. Eric knew that we had not been able to get air time on BTW. Eric tried to get the Pentecostals to sell him air time so he could have them go through the ordeal of kicking us off because we teach against them, but they let demons that teach just as much against them as we do, stay on. What will this accomplish? Here is what you miss. When they kick us off they show that we have something they can’t handle. The Baptist oppose them, but they feel that it is easy to argue the Baptist back down, since the Baptist are false too. it is easy for equal false groups to argue and nothing happen to either one, but when they come against the true church well it hurts them.

Why do you think these post bother us?

We planned all this, with the exception of the statement that Eric made to Jackie about Cleveland TN.

I am more careful to make sure that anything I say to these guys will not be taken wrongly by brethren who support us. Eric is new as this and I don't want to use his footage.

Our supporters understand this issue. Don't you realize how many supporters were involved in the tent event. They know that we culled the video and they appreciate the willingness on our part to say that we won't use something we don't want to defend.
KeptSavedByGod

Axton, VA

#2 Aug 1, 2011
I sure hope the brother repented of his lying. Johnny at least fessed up and said these men knew in advance that Mr. Poe wouldn’t sell them air-time. This sure looks bad on these men. I do not blame them for destroying the evidence. What a shame they don’t have that available for someone to run over and over and over and over for the entire community to see. It sort of seems hypocritical for them to treat people in a way they will not hold to themselves.
johnny robertson

Charlotte, NC

#3 Aug 2, 2011
Is it wrong to keep trying to get air time from a person who u know does not want u on?
is that your argument.
or is it wrong to speak with someone who's says" it does not matter what church you are in" and let him think you are in the church of God (which we are) and allow him in his own confusion to sell you air time?
if they are being honest about not mattering about which church u are in, then. Why not sell us air time?
We are not the only ones out there that oppose Jackie. Tim Whiteheart told me in person that he would not let jackie use freedom baptist building because he thinks Pentecostals are the most dangerous denom out there since they elevate their so called HS experiences above the Bible. He said I could quote him on that. Pity I didn't carry a recorder everywhere in those days. That would be very strong evidence of the division that was here before it could be blamed on me.
any way BTW sells air time to baptist so why not us.
what is wrong with us trying to get them to sell to everyone who disagrees with them. They sell to 7th day folk

Since: Jun 10

United States

#4 Aug 2, 2011
Since you regard them as "enemies" and treat them accordingly, it seems only natural that they reciprocate in like manner.
Jeff

Hillsville, VA

#5 Aug 11, 2011
Forgive them Father for they know not what they do.
Whitman

French Gulch, CA

#6 Aug 11, 2011
Johnny I challenge you to tell Charles on live TV that he is living the sinful life by being an active bisexual.
J R fan

Flemingsburg, KY

#7 Aug 11, 2011
It has been said that if a person is driving down the road and sees a woman by the side and has a lustful thought and then in just a second a car meets him head on, killing him, he is lost even if he was saved before that lustful thought.

What about a person who lies and makes claims that are untrue or a person who twists the bible to defend the lie if he should die suddenly will he go to hell?

Johnny, you were quick with an answer for the first statement in the debate. What would be your answer for the question above about telling a lie?
Bfrank

Martinsville, VA

#9 Aug 11, 2011
J R fan wrote:
It has been said that if a person is driving down the road and sees a woman by the side and has a lustful thought and then in just a second a car meets him head on, killing him, he is lost even if he was saved before that lustful thought.
What about a person who lies and makes claims that are untrue or a person who twists the bible to defend the lie if he should die suddenly will he go to hell?
Johnny, you were quick with an answer for the first statement in the debate. What would be your answer for the question above about telling a lie?
One good thing about PoeGate is that it revealed for all to see the true nature of Johnny & his son Micah Robertson. Rather than walk in the truth according to the bible...
*3John 1:3,It gave me great joy to have some brothers come and tell about your faithfulness to the truth and how you continue to walk in the truth.
Johnny & Micah would rather turn their back on the truth to protect their church members, Eric & Scott. Thus loyalty to man rather than loyalty to God. Johnny & Micah talk the talk about being "the one true church" & all that,but when it comes right down to it the have been proven to be liars...
*Proverbs 12:22,The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful.
Whitman

French Gulch, CA

#10 Aug 11, 2011
If Johnny and Micah resort to telling lies for their "one true church" then it proves that the Church Of Christ isn't the one true church. Period!!!!

And we know Johnny and Micah and James and Mark and HEATH have lied and lie all the time. The whole two states area sees Church Of Christ as a pack of cowards and liars!!!!
MrT

Wytheville, VA

#11 Aug 11, 2011
KeptSavedByGod wrote:
I sure hope the brother repented of his lying. Johnny at least fessed up and said these men knew in advance that Mr. Poe wouldn’t sell them air-time. This sure looks bad on these men. I do not blame them for destroying the evidence. What a shame they don’t have that available for someone to run over and over and over and over for the entire community to see. It sort of seems hypocritical for them to treat people in a way they will not hold to themselves.
Evidence they would have used repeatedly against others asking how you can support liars. I think the people who pay for that show need to know what and who they are funding. If Eric and the cofC guys from out of town had truly repented they would have disassociated themselves from Johnny and told their congregations about this incident so the little old lady putting a few dollars in the plate on Sunday knows what she is paying for.
Perfect

Whitsett, NC

#12 Aug 11, 2011
It must be nice to be perfect in the COC.
Mark McInnis says he is perfect. He told this one of the show's callers.
J R fan

Lexington, KY

#13 Aug 13, 2011
I have been disappointed in the way the preachers involved in lying and covering it up have acted. I have absolutely zero respect for them and no longer consider them brothers in Christ, Several people have brought this to their attention and they continue in their deceit. If you watch Micah and some of his scatter brain remarks , I believe you are seeing a reprobate in the making.
J R fan

Lexington, KY

#14 Aug 15, 2011
Johnny, I challenge you to air the comments that were previously aired by Eric and Scott talking to Poe. Also your son Micah making the comment about if Poe had the Holy Spirit he would have known....... Danville Mark and Micah defended this on at least two shows if I remember correctly. Set Poegate straight even if it means correcting your son and your brothers. The truth is good for the church but a lie should be corrected and you can show the truth if you choose. There may be things in life we have no choice over but some things we can choose to do or not to do. Micah and others have said it is okay to lie, you can say that is not the case if you believe that and choose to do so. If I and others did not see what we thought we saw, then we want to know and apologise. At least since you give away tapes you could make available the two shows you already have aired in their entirety so we can see the truth. Thanks
walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#15 Sep 20, 2011
Bump! Still waiting for those who claim they can't get anyone to defend their position to speak up, to well defend themselves here! ;)

So I wonder why did Johnny run away? ;)
Randy

Axton, VA

#16 Nov 8, 2011
johnny robertson wrote:
Is it wrong to keep trying to get air time from a person who u know does not want u on?
is that your argument.
or is it wrong to speak with someone who's says" it does not matter what church you are in" and let him think you are in the church of God (which we are) and allow him in his own confusion to sell you air time?
if they are being honest about not mattering about which church u are in, then. Why not sell us air time?
We are not the only ones out there that oppose Jackie. Tim Whiteheart told me in person that he would not let jackie use freedom baptist building because he thinks Pentecostals are the most dangerous denom out there since they elevate their so called HS experiences above the Bible. He said I could quote him on that. Pity I didn't carry a recorder everywhere in those days. That would be very strong evidence of the division that was here before it could be blamed on me.
what is wrong with us trying to get them to sell to everyone who disagrees with them. They sell to 7th day folk
Johnny, if you are reading this, what is the entire story on this? If what everyone states on here is true, it seems that Eric and Scott went to Jackie with fill knowledge that he wouldn’t grant them air-time. The part that’s alarming is the allegations that Eric and Scott “lied.” Did they really say they were from the Church of God, then go on to say from Tennessee or somewhere? I realize there are two sides to every story. What really happened? If what everyone in town is saying, it looks very bad. I also heard that Eric and Scott pulled off aside of the road and repented, is this true. If so, why would Eric come on here and defend what he done. With so many threads on here, I could be missing the full story. I hope what I am reading isn’t true, if so, how can this be justified?

6:50am
11-08-11

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#17 Nov 8, 2011
Randy wrote:
<quoted text>
Johnny, if you are reading this, what is the entire story on this? If what everyone states on here is true, it seems that Eric and Scott went to Jackie with fill knowledge that he wouldn’t grant them air-time. The part that’s alarming is the allegations that Eric and Scott “lied.” Did they really say they were from the Church of God, then go on to say from Tennessee or somewhere? I realize there are two sides to every story. What really happened? If what everyone in town is saying, it looks very bad. I also heard that Eric and Scott pulled off aside of the road and repented, is this true. If so, why would Eric come on here and defend what he done. With so many threads on here, I could be missing the full story. I hope what I am reading isn’t true, if so, how can this be justified?
11-08-11
I'm not JR, but I'll tell you that you hit the nail right on the head. They did intentionally mislead Jackie Poe and try to connive their way into buying some airtime on BTW. And not only that, they claimed they did nothing wrong on TV. But, I think Johnny has come on here and said that they "may be" in error and that he would research it more and come back and affirm or deny the allegations. I think that that's what everyone here is still waiting on.
Barnsweb

Newman, CA

#18 Nov 8, 2011
johnny robertson wrote:
is that your argument.
You'd better start worrying about being in Christ more than you are to prove your Church is the only one. God desires mercy more than sacrifice, and you'd do well to go and learn that lesson as well. Even Jesus was more gracious to those who didn't really understand than he was to those who claimed they knew it all and didn't. He also said no kingdom divided against itself can stand.

Are you really doing the Lord's work to try to condemn so many who also place their faith in Jesus as Messiah and Lord? Focus on the facts of your situation and what Jesus really said.
Donna

Martinsville, VA

#19 Nov 8, 2011
Randy wrote:
<quoted text>
11-08-11
Maybe Johnny could show the video on tv again or you tube. Without taking anything out of course :]
Randy

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Nov 8, 2011
Donna wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Johnny could show the video on tv again or you tube. Without taking anything out of course :]
I would like to see the video in question.
walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#21 Nov 9, 2011
Randy wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see the video in question.
Don't hold your breath, it appears the truth display is selective based on whom is involved, while Johnny's last statement was something about cutting the youngsters some slack if they made a mistake, he continues to carry around every mistake he has been able to record for rebroadcast.

Simply put blessed are the merciful for they will obtain mercy, anyone want to guess what the opposite of that is?

They should now say, "the truth we want you to see" when they claim to represent the truth!

Have a blessed day Randy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family from horse pasture va or wv 7 hr Kentucky boy 1
elizabeth hatcher bowers Jul 10 yep 2
Looking (Jun '17) Jun 24 Judy 3
News Stroller: What symptom does the sting of an Iru... Jun 21 Wild Pigs Running 1
News County looks to fill economic development proje... Jun 20 Barbara hudson 1
Is Martinsville Church Of Christ a big lie? (Nov '09) Apr '18 JAM 79
News Danville earns top ranking in industry journal Apr '18 Barbara hudson 1

Martinsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages