Baptism saves through the resurrectio...

Baptism saves through the resurrection of Jesus Christ

Posted in the Martinsville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1 Jan 6, 2012
***For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were saved by water. Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you—--not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience—through the resurrection of Jesus Christ***

Eight souls were saved by water, which also in the antitype doth now save you. Sinners are saved through water in the antitype. And just what is water in the antitype? "Baptism," says Peter.

Peter is not saying baptism is a mere symbol, or figure. It is a pledge toward God for a good conscience ( the sinner obeys what God requires thus his conscience is clear )– baptism isn’t washing dirt from the body nor like the Jewish ceremonial washings. It --- Baptism, saves because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

You cannot argue to advantage that baptism is a figure in 1 Peter 3:21, because Peter does not make that point. The point he makes is that baptism saves. Peters words are plain and to the point.

What is Peter talking about in 1 Peter 3:21, when he uses the word "baptism?" After Peter speaks of Noah, saying 8 souls were "saved by water” he turns to the subject of baptism. Wonder why? Peter first discusses Noah and his family being "saved by water" then immediately it makes Peter think of baptism. Why this association, unless there is in baptism a corresponding salvation through water?
former mms student

Grundy, VA

#2 Jan 6, 2012
regiarc ydnar wrote:
***For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were saved by water. Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you—--not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience—through the resurrection of Jesus Christ***
Eight souls were saved by water, which also in the antitype doth now save you. Sinners are saved through water in the antitype. And just what is water in the antitype? "Baptism," says Peter.
Peter is not saying baptism is a mere symbol, or figure. It is a pledge toward God for a good conscience ( the sinner obeys what God requires thus his conscience is clear )– baptism isn’t washing dirt from the body nor like the Jewish ceremonial washings. It --- Baptism, saves because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
You cannot argue to advantage that baptism is a figure in 1 Peter 3:21, because Peter does not make that point. The point he makes is that baptism saves. Peters words are plain and to the point.
What is Peter talking about in 1 Peter 3:21, when he uses the word "baptism?" After Peter speaks of Noah, saying 8 souls were "saved by water” he turns to the subject of baptism. Wonder why? Peter first discusses Noah and his family being "saved by water" then immediately it makes Peter think of baptism. Why this association, unless there is in baptism a corresponding salvation through water?
So when did water baptism replace shedding of blood

And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." (Matthew 26:27-28 KJV)

Hebrews 9:22
King James Version (KJV)
22And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Lets just tear that part out of the Bible.As water alone now covers shedding of blood.

Why do we need both shedding of blood/water baptism to remitt sins.

Location hidden

#3 Jan 6, 2012
former mms student wrote:
<quoted text>
And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." (Matthew 26:27-28 KJV)
King James Version (KJV)
22And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
Lets just tear that part out of the Bible.As water alone now covers shedding of blood.
Ask Peter, he commanded repentance and baptism FOR REMISSION OF SINS.

Your beef isn't with me, its with what the Bible says. Peter commanded repentance A N D baptism FOR REMISSION OF SINS.

Btw, water baptism didn't take the place of the Blood. Who said it did?

Are you a universalist? Do you believe that since Jesus shed His Blood for remission of sins that EVERYBODY will be saved? Or perhaps the sinner must do something to appropriate remission of sins.
former mms student

Grundy, VA

#4 Jan 6, 2012
regiarc ydnar wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Peter, he commanded repentance and baptism FOR REMISSION OF SINS.
Your beef isn't with me, its with what the Bible says. Peter commanded repentance A N D baptism FOR REMISSION OF SINS.
Btw, water baptism didn't take the place of the Blood. Who said it did?
Are you a universalist? Do you believe that since Jesus shed His Blood for remission of sins that EVERYBODY will be saved? Or perhaps the sinner must do something to appropriate remission of sins.
As there are many places in the Bible...of a plan of salvation without water being mentioned.Are we to tear those verses out and ABSOLUTELY rely only one scripture that pertains to salvation.

I believe anyone believing/calling on his name will have remission of sins...before Baptism.

To absolutely believe/live this scripture....leaves no room for people who died before Baptism.Leaves out people with Special Needs ...who can neither accept Christ or believe in him.Because is predicates that one must be Baptized for remission of sins...that the shedding of blood already has remitted.

Location hidden

#5 Jan 6, 2012
<quoted text>
As there are many places in the Bible...of a plan of salvation without water being mentioned.Are we to tear those verses out and ABSOLUTELY rely only one scripture that pertains to salvation.
No, we are NOT to discard them. We are to see them as part of the "whole." John 3:16 is just as true as Acts 2:38. Both verses are true. One does not negate the other.
I believe anyone believing/calling on his name will have remission of sins...before Baptism.
No, they will not. Like I said we cannot take one verse one verse over another. We cannot take parts and forget they make up the whole. Why throw Acts 2:38, Gal 3:27, Col 2:11-12, Rom 6, Acts 22:16, 1 Peter 3:21, in the trash? Are they not important as well. Again, Peter preached the gospel and told what to do. You can take his word or not.
To absolutely believe/live this scripture....leaves no room for people who died before Baptism.Leaves out people with Special Needs ...who can neither accept Christ or believe in him.Because is predicates that one must be Baptized for remission of sins...that the shedding of blood already has remitted.
In the end, God is the Judge. All I know is, under normal circumstances, one is commanded to repent and be baptized for the purpose to appropriate remission of sins.
former mms student

Grundy, VA

#6 Jan 6, 2012
regiarc ydnar wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we are NOT to discard them. We are to see them as part of the "whole." John 3:16 is just as true as Acts 2:38. Both verses are true. One does not negate the other.
<quoted text>
No, they will not. Like I said we cannot take one verse one verse over another. We cannot take parts and forget they make up the whole. Why throw Acts 2:38, Gal 3:27, Col 2:11-12, Rom 6, Acts 22:16, 1 Peter 3:21, in the trash? Are they not important as well. Again, Peter preached the gospel and told what to do. You can take his word or not.
<quoted text>
In the end, God is the Judge. All I know is, under normal circumstances, one is commanded to repent and be baptized for the purpose to appropriate remission of sins.
I have never seperated them and believe Baptism is a symbol of his death/burial/ressurection and to be taken in context with who shall call upon the Lord shall be saved.Who should believe in his name..and etc.

I have yet to get a definitive answer challenging water Baptism...is one saved before or after.Will a person go to hell..for not being Baptized.Will special needs people be lost without repentance and water baptism.

I am challenging you to just answer yes or no to these questions.As I have already stated...I believe they will be saved.

All I get is verses in the Bible...with no '' yes '' or '' no '' in them.

So if you so firmly believe in what you put forth.Get some backbone and tell everyone your stance on these statements.As I will answer to God for my statements...remember you will be judged by the same.

I have the backbone to stand on what I have put forth and never waivered.I have challenged the so-called COC posters of Martinsville and as yet..no one has answered.Are they afraid that what they believe will affect them also...as many have special needs people in their families and afraid of stating their stance.Instead they use misdirection and answering a question with another question.. redirecting the simple question I have asked to something else.Never taking a stance for/againist what I ask.Real easy to do...avoid the truth or face what you put forth.

Location hidden

#7 Jan 6, 2012
This has been answered several times by SW, Barnsweb, JustChristian, and myself. One is saved when he repents and is baptized for remission of sins. Peter said this, not me.

You should open an account on here so you can better keep up with everyone's comments.
former mms student

Grundy, VA

#8 Jan 6, 2012
regiarc ydnar wrote:
This has been answered several times by SW, Barnsweb, JustChristian, and myself. One is saved when he repents and is baptized for remission of sins. Peter said this, not me.
You should open an account on here so you can better keep up with everyone's comments.
Then the person who wasn't Baptized and the people who are Special Needs ...will go to Hell.

See there are no if/and/ or buts about it.

Still the mystery remains....no where in the Bible does it cover these problems.

The Almighty COC Doctrine of Repentance and Baptism for remission of sins....THEN YOU AND THEM NEED TO TELL EVERYONE THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE SPECIAL.....ARE GOING TO HELL.

If I believed this...I would not beat around the bush.I would have said...people who aren't Baptized (although they repented of their sins)...but for death wasn't Baptized,they are lost and going to Hell.

If Special Needs people ..who can neither speak or understand words about anything.Just because these people are not repentant and not Baptized...these people are going to Hell.I have a Special needs son...who can barely say Daddy/Mommy.Anyone who accepts this principle of him going to Hell...is not welcome in my house or I would wish Godspeed in their journey.

So when someone asks you and any others SW, Barnsweb, JustChristian..be sure and post that the two people I have mentioned are going to Hell for not repenting and being Baptized.

The Almighty COC doctrine and it's principles of absolute power of Repentance and absolutely must be Baptized to be saved.Started and observed by many...in less then 200yrs.This same doctrine has invaded people's minds and churches and destroyed people.Anything contrary to their doctrine and principles are unbiblical.They are the only ones going to Heaven and none of them are going to Hell...for challenging God's words.

I would rather go to Hell and make one scripture ABSOLUTE and no getting around it.It doesn't matter what I post or any ideal....it always goes back to Repent/be Baptized.Seems of you're gonna make that verse so ABSOLUTE....WHY LEAVE OUT THE Holy GHOST.

Remeber this....the people you attack on here (Church of Christ)...CAN NOT BE WRONG IN YOUR MINDS,AS LONG AS YOU HOLD TO THE SAME FAITH AS THEY PROFESS.You or anyone else on here have not ran any COC preachers off of here....they know ..in your hearts and minds you believe the same thing they preach/teach.You may not like the way they go about spreading their beliefs...but you support those beliefs and you are as guilty of how they spread their beliefs.You may not have been on TV or used cameras or lied to other churches.You are as guilty...because you accept the same doctrine as they do.

This is directed at SW, Barnsweb, JustChristian or any other peson who accept the COC doctrines and then attack the very faith you profess.

Location hidden

#9 Jan 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Then the person who wasn't Baptized and the people who are Special Needs ...will go to Hell.
See there are no if/and/ or buts about it.
Still the mystery remains....no where in the Bible does it cover these problems.
The Almighty COC Doctrine of Repentance and Baptism for remission of sins....THEN YOU AND THEM NEED TO TELL EVERYONE THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE SPECIAL.....ARE GOING TO HELL.
If I believed this...I would not beat around the bush.I would have said...people who aren't Baptized (although they repented of their sins)...but for death wasn't Baptized,they are lost and going to Hell.
If Special Needs people ..who can neither speak or understand words about anything.Just because these people are not repentant and not Baptized...these people are going to Hell.I have a Special needs son...who can barely say Daddy/Mommy.Anyone who accepts this principle of him going to Hell...is not welcome in my house or I would wish Godspeed in their journey.
So when someone asks you and any others SW, Barnsweb, JustChristian..be sure and post that the two people I have mentioned are going to Hell for not repenting and being Baptized.
The Almighty COC doctrine and it's principles of absolute power of Repentance and absolutely must be Baptized to be saved.Started and observed by many...in less then 200yrs.This same doctrine has invaded people's minds and churches and destroyed people.Anything contrary to their doctrine and principles are unbiblical.They are the only ones going to Heaven and none of them are going to Hell...for challenging God's words.
I would rather go to Hell and make one scripture ABSOLUTE and no getting around it.It doesn't matter what I post or any ideal....it always goes back to Repent/be Baptized.Seems of you're gonna make that verse so ABSOLUTE....WHY LEAVE OUT THE Holy GHOST.
Remeber this....the people you attack on here (Church of Christ)...CAN NOT BE WRONG IN YOUR MINDS,AS LONG AS YOU HOLD TO THE SAME FAITH AS THEY PROFESS.You or anyone else on here have not ran any COC preachers off of here....they know ..in your hearts and minds you believe the same thing they preach/teach.You may not like the way they go about spreading their beliefs...but you support those beliefs and you are as guilty of how they spread their beliefs.You may not have been on TV or used cameras or lied to other churches.You are as guilty...because you accept the same doctrine as they do.
This is directed at SW, Barnsweb, JustChristian or any other peson who accept the COC doctrines and then attack the very faith you profess.
If you read the Bible like you do my post, I see why you draw the conclusions you do. I did NOT say people with Special needs will go to hell.

Again, I am not part of the church of Christ nor any group. I simply read what the bible states. You, on the other hand, seem to struggle with what Peter says in acts 2. You have yet to admit that they received remission after they repented and after they were baptized. Instead, you continue to skirt around it and grasp at straw man arguments. As I stated already, your beef is not with me but with what the bible says.
former mms student

Grundy, VA

#10 Jan 7, 2012
regiarc ydnar wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the Bible like you do my post, I see why you draw the conclusions you do. I did NOT say people with Special needs will go to hell.
Again, I am not part of the church of Christ nor any group. I simply read what the bible states. You, on the other hand, seem to struggle with what Peter says in acts 2. You have yet to admit that they received remission after they repented and after they were baptized. Instead, you continue to skirt around it and grasp at straw man arguments. As I stated already, your beef is not with me but with what the bible says.
You have stated or inferred...that anyone who didn't repent and be Baptized isn't going.This is the same difference as saying Special Needs people can't go to Heaven.As it is impossible to repent and have Special Needs...that doesn't allow someone to repent or to understand Baptism.

If you read my posts..you will find I have stated...that remission of sins was after repentance.I also have said I was forgiven after repentance ...and I was still forgiven after Baptism.The point I have tried to make is this...if someone repents and not Baptized...not denial of Baptism ( death before Baptism ),are they saved based solely upon Repentance? I have stated and stated...I believe they are saved...and others including you..say they are not.Because salvation is ABSOLUTELY TIED TO REPANTANCE AND BAPTISM.

I do not struggle with ACTS 2:38...as I do not accept it as ABSOLUTE DOCTRINE and try to tie every scripture to just this one.

People on here are on a one track mind...repentence/baptism according to Acts 2:38.There are no other scriptures that show how we can be saved...why not just tear these scriptures out ( they have no meaning to anyone).

Location hidden

#11 Jan 7, 2012
<quoted text>
You have stated or inferred...that anyone who didn't repent and be Baptized isn't going.
I said people are commanded to repent and be baptized in order to be forgiven. They who have special needs I didnt apply this to.
This is the same difference as saying Special Needs people can't go to Heaven.As it is impossible to repent and have Special Needs...that doesn't allow someone to repent or to understand Baptism.
Again, I didnt say this nor imply it.
If you read my posts..you will find I have stated...that remission of sins was after repentance.I also have said I was forgiven after repentance ...and I was still forgiven after Baptism.
Sorry, but Peter says one is forgiven after BOTH repentance and baptism. You are changing his words. He did say repent for remission of sins then be baptized. He said repent A N D be baptized for remission of sins.
The point I have tried to make is this...if someone repents and not Baptized...not denial of Baptism ( death before Baptism ),are they saved based solely upon Repentance? I have stated and stated...I believe they are saved...and others including you..say they are not.Because salvation is ABSOLUTELY TIED TO REPANTANCE AND BAPTISM.
No, they are NOT saved upon repentance ALONE. The bible teaches BOTH repentance and baptism come before one is forgiven.
I do not struggle with ACTS 2:38...as I do not accept it as ABSOLUTE DOCTRINE and try to tie every scripture to just this one.
So, you dont accept Peters words in Acts 2 as truth? Sorry but that is ABSOLUTE DOCTRINE from Peter. He commands it and then states that its for everybody. Is the conversion of Saul ABSOLUTE DOCTRINE? He was still in his sins until Ananias commanded him to arise and wash his sins away in baptism.
People on here are on a one track mind...repentence/baptism according to Acts 2:38.There are no other scriptures that show how we can be saved...why not just tear these scriptures out ( they have no meaning to anyone).
See, here is where you are mistaken. I believe John 3:16, Rom 10, and any other verse you post. The difference is, I will not believe them without including Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16, Gal 3:27, Col 2:11-12, Rom 6. See, its you who wishes to tear some verse out, not me. Why not take the sum of truth instead of parts that only speak of belief.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Jan 7, 2012
Are any of these scriptures in your bible, I don't remember you ever quoting them. I can't count the times you have quoted Acts 2:38 and two or three other baptism scriptures. Are they the only ones you know?

Rom. 3:28-30, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one."
Rom. 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,"

Rom. 5:1, "therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"

Rom. 9:30, "What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith."

Rom. 10:4, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

Rom. 11:6, "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace."

Gal. 2:16, "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."

Gal. 2:21, I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.

Gal.3:5-6, "Does He then, who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 6Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."

Gal. 3:24, "Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."

Eph. 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. 9Not by works, lest any man should boast."

Phil. 3:9, "and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith."
former mms student

Grundy, VA

#13 Jan 7, 2012
regiarc ydnar wrote:
<quoted text>
I said people are commanded to repent and be baptized in order to be forgiven. They who have special needs I didnt apply this to.
<quoted text>
Again, I didnt say this nor imply it.
<quoted text>
Sorry, but Peter says one is forgiven after BOTH repentance and baptism. You are changing his words. He did say repent for remission of sins then be baptized. He said repent A N D be baptized for remission of sins.
<quoted text>
No, they are NOT saved upon repentance ALONE. The bible teaches BOTH repentance and baptism come before one is forgiven.
<quoted text>
So, you dont accept Peters words in Acts 2 as truth? Sorry but that is ABSOLUTE DOCTRINE from Peter. He commands it and then states that its for everybody. Is the conversion of Saul ABSOLUTE DOCTRINE? He was still in his sins until Ananias commanded him to arise and wash his sins away in baptism.
<quoted text>
See, here is where you are mistaken. I believe John 3:16, Rom 10, and any other verse you post. The difference is, I will not believe them without including Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16, Gal 3:27, Col 2:11-12, Rom 6. See, its you who wishes to tear some verse out, not me. Why not take the sum of truth instead of parts that only speak of belief.

Then a person not baptized...is not saved?Like the man who died before Baptism.If this commandment pertains to him...then it must also pertain to Special Needs people.As no scripture covers both individuals..concerning Acts 2:38's Absolute doctrine.

So, you dont accept Peters words in Acts 2 as truth?

I accept Acts 2:38 ..but not to the point of ABSOLUTE DOCTRINE.Too many other scriptures point to Acts 2:38 and away from it.

Is the conversion of Saul ABSOLUTE DOCTRINE?

You also contend Corneilus as a wrong way to Salvation too.Seems the Holy Ghost fell on him while Peter was preaching (before Baptism).In order to keep 2:38 as ABSOLUTE DOCTRINE...you must contest any other conversions as false.Most are quick to apply Noah real quick...if water saved Noah..God called a sinner to build an Ark for him and his family.But it seems Noah was perfect man before building the Ark and found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

8But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

9These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

To contend water saved Noah and not the Ark in which he was borne above the water.Is to say this man who had grace and was perfect ...was a sinner before going in the Ark.

You contend Noah was saved by water,but Noah was already perfect ,before Water saved him.

In order to have an ABSOLUTE DOCTRINE..you must contend every doctrine that doesn't adhere to it.
former mms student

Grundy, VA

#14 Jan 7, 2012
Bobby wrote:
Are any of these scriptures in your bible, I don't remember you ever quoting them. I can't count the times you have quoted Acts 2:38 and two or three other baptism scriptures. Are they the only ones you know?
Rom. 3:28-30, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one."
Rom. 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,"
Rom. 5:1, "therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"
Rom. 9:30, "What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith."
Rom. 10:4, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."
Rom. 11:6, "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace."
Gal. 2:16, "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."
Gal. 2:21, I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.
Gal.3:5-6, "Does He then, who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 6Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."
Gal. 3:24, "Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."
Eph. 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. 9Not by works, lest any man should boast."
Phil. 3:9, "and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith."
These scriptures pertain to Faith in Jesus... and COC legalists can not accept these scriptures.They must follow Acts 2:38 to the letter.

As I am not COC...I accept these scriptures as they pertain to slavation and any other cause.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#15 Jan 7, 2012
<quoted text>
These scriptures pertain to Faith in Jesus... and COC legalists can not accept these scriptures.They must follow Acts 2:38 to the letter.
As I am not COC...I accept these scriptures as they pertain to slavation and any other cause.
I knew you accepted theses scriptures, my message was not intended for you. You are new here and sometimes it is hard to follow so many messages on different threads.
former mms student

Grundy, VA

#16 Jan 7, 2012
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you accepted theses scriptures, my message was not intended for you. You are new here and sometimes it is hard to follow so many messages on different threads.
I have followed your posts and just never said anything.I wanted you to know...I'm on your side here.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 7, 2012
<quoted text>
You guys are just plain hardheaded or just trying to be funny. Every verse you posted is true. So are the ones you "dont" post.
former mms student

Grundy, VA

#18 Jan 7, 2012
regiarc ydnar wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are just plain hardheaded or just trying to be funny. Every verse you posted is true. So are the ones you "dont" post.
<Neither hardheaded or trying to be funny.

Every verse is true as it applies to salvation and not dependent upon water to fully remit a person's sins.

The scriptures we provide point to Jesus and the Cross and not to water only.We base upon salvation upon God's words...not tied to an ABSOLUTE DOCTRINE.Like John in Revelations..we have ate the whole book and the words were sweet in the mouth..but bitter at the end.

John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

All scriptures point to Jesus and salvation.All scriptures do not always point to water salvation.
Me and Bobby and others...use the whole Book to point to Salvation.

I am not tied to one ABSOLUTE DOCTRINE...ie Water ...to wash away my sins.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#19 Jan 11, 2012
<quoted text>
King James Version (KJV)
Why do you need both the fruit of the vine/blood of Christ to drink???
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#20 Jan 11, 2012
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you need both the fruit of the vine/blood of Christ to drink???
I think he is saying that since you have a water gospel that you might as well replace the fruit of the vine with water:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dr.joel smithers (Sep '16) Sep '17 Lurliec 5
Jessica Griffith Star News Personality Arrested... (Jul '11) Jul '17 Jay Kendricks 9
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 48
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 151
Johnny Robertson, when were you baptized? (Apr '15) Jun '17 Sig Fife 20
Looking Jun '17 Captain Hotdog 1
i want to be Christian.can i ? (May '15) Jun '17 Captain Hotdog 10

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages