Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
mistake: Does the CoC forbid followers to from doing anything that the Bible DOESN'T mention?
Does the CoC ONLY allow followers to do what the Bible DOES say?
It works sorta like a math problem, you have to know the formula to get the answer. What I am saying is that they use a different kind bible translation and you would need to understand the inside workings of it to understand it well. Not many people follow their aberrant system.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

"Paradoxically, they ignore the command found multiple times to greet each other with a holy kiss, and they say that they have the right to ignore that command because it was only a tradition."

Honestly, would YOU want to kiss any of these people? I think that the CoC ignores this "holy kiss" thing because mouthwash isn't mentioned ih the New Testament.

And that is sound Campbellite reasoning, btw.
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Certainly, if a person does not WANT to worship God with an instrument, there is no reason that they should. I know I don't. It's the part where people are taught that NO ONE should worship God with instruments that is surprising.
If this is something that the church DOESN'T do because the Bible DOESN'T tell you to do it - well, doesn't the Bible not mention doing lots of things that people do? Does the CoC forbid followers to do ONLY what the Bibles says? The Bible left out so much stuff. Where does that John Robertson find it in the Bible that he is allowed to preach on TV?
Surely, the Bible doesn't mention chatting online. But look at all the CoC followers who chat right here. It's just an inconsistent idea.
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong - do you all act a certain righteous way IN church but differently away from Church?
Yes some of the do. They believe there are five specific things that must be done on Sundays in the church building. Preaching, communion, giving, singing without instruments, and praying. You can pray and give anytime. Singing- some will use instruments at home as long as they aren't " worshipping" God. Communion- Sunday only in the assembly, but some take to shut ins.

The church building acts as a sort of Temple, a holy place where God must be worshipped specifically. Mess up the pattern-doom.
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

William wrote:
"Paradoxically, they ignore the command found multiple times to greet each other with a holy kiss, and they say that they have the right to ignore that command because it was only a tradition."
Honestly, would YOU want to kiss any of these people? I think that the CoC ignores this "holy kiss" thing because mouthwash isn't mentioned ih the New Testament.
And that is sound Campbellite reasoning, btw.
Hey there take it easy William. I brush and floss.

In the words of Dirty Harry, "your mouthwash ain't making it".

Be more specific when talking about Campbellites. Some of us haven't given up thinking for Lent.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

<quoted text>

do you all act a certain righteous way IN church but differently away from Church?
doesnt every one?
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
How can they be considered the same sect if they follow different rules? Is it just because no one is supervising or stopping anyone from doing anything in the name of this particular sect?
All non Catholic christian communities, believe what they want to believe the Bible says.

There is no Authority in any Protestant Church. If you get don't agree with the Church you are in, you go down the street find one you like. Many today start their own Church now.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
All non Catholic christian communities, believe what they want to believe the Bible says.
There is no Authority in any Protestant Church. If you get don't agree with the Church you are in, you go down the street find one you like. Many today start their own Church now.
Wrong Jesus is the authority in our churches and a man elected pope is the catholic authority figure.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Jesus is the authority in our churches and a man elected pope is the catholic authority figure.
Since the Church is the community of believers to you, who would you tell?

If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church.* If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the Church is the community of believers to you, who would you tell?
If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church.* If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.
We believe in and practice church discipline, but it is rare as it should be. I know of one occasion I was involved in as a witness. That is all I will say, so don't dig for more details, it is not appropriate or of anyone else business.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe in and practice church discipline, but it is rare as it should be. I know of one occasion I was involved in as a witness. That is all I will say, so don't dig for more details, it is not appropriate or of anyone else business.
So the Church is not the community of believers as you previously said.

Did Jesus start your Church?
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Church is not the community of believers as you previously said.
Did Jesus start your Church?
I was expecting this, but Yes Jesus did start the true church, it has many names in scripture but God never gave it a specific name and is not confined to catholism- there might even be a few catholics in his church:-) If we were to wear one name it would be "christian". 1Peter 4:16

He chose to have each local church to be autonomous- The seven churches in asia were not called catholic churches. In fact the name catholic cannot be found in the bible, but if we use the term catholic as all inclusive then the catholic church is also a denomination.

Of course all the one true churches will vehemently deny this-what is new about that?
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I was expecting this, but Yes Jesus did start the true church, it has many names in scripture but God never gave it a specific name and is not confined to catholism- there might even be a few catholics in his church:-) If we were to wear one name it would be "christian". 1Peter 4:16
He chose to have each local church to be autonomous- The seven churches in asia were not called catholic churches. In fact the name catholic cannot be found in the bible, but if we use the term catholic as all inclusive then the catholic church is also a denomination.
Of course all the one true churches will vehemently deny this-what is new about that?
Is "autonomous churches" in the Bible ? Probably in of the almost 30,000 translations out there.

When the Council of Jerusalem decided that Gentiles did not have to get circumcised, they weren't talking making that decision for all the Churches?

Maybe it was just for Jerusalem and Antioch and all the other Churches could use Sola Scriptura to decide.

Oh yeah, no bible for another 350 years.
William

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Jesus clearly tells Peter to set up shop in Rome. I think it's in Mathew 29. Run his church out of one central location, etc.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
Jesus clearly tells Peter to set up shop in Rome. I think it's in Mathew 29. Run his church out of one central location, etc.
Tobit 2:14 foretells this.
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tobit 2:14 foretells this.
Tobit 2:14 appears to have nothing to do wih anything.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

"Tobit 2:14 foretells this."

Tobit 2:14

But she replied upon me, It was given for a gift more than the wages. Howbeit I did not believe her, but bade her render it to the owners: and I was abashed at her. But she replied upon me, Where are thine alms and thy righteous deeds? behold, thou and all thy works are known.

The Book of William says to throw the B.S. flag at this.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
"Tobit 2:14 foretells this."
Tobit 2:14
But she replied upon me, It was given for a gift more than the wages. Howbeit I did not believe her, but bade her render it to the owners: and I was abashed at her. But she replied upon me, Where are thine alms and thy righteous deeds? behold, thou and all thy works are known.
The Book of William says to throw the B.S. flag at this.
You Bible doesn't have Tobit just like it doesn't' have Matthew 29.

That is the point. Glad you got to look at part of the written inspired word of the God online that you reject.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

"You Bible doesn't have Tobit just like it doesn't' have Matthew 29.

That is the point. Glad you got to look at part of the written inspired word of the God online that you reject."

I've rejected it because it's worthless garbage. And there is nothing in this Tobit 2:14 that even remotely speaks to any "foretelling" about a church being run out of one central location, much less Rome.

Your religion is a abject fraud, Mike. Always has been, and always will be. Pagan-based faux christianity wrapped around the ceremonies of warmed-over Judaism.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

I've been told if something is not authorized in the NT it is prohibited - for Church matters - things done in worship and how things are organized and funded, etc.

Not really what Jesus taught His disciples - in my estimation.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
"You Bible doesn't have Tobit just like it doesn't' have Matthew 29.
That is the point. Glad you got to look at part of the written inspired word of the God online that you reject."
I've rejected it because it's worthless garbage. And there is nothing in this Tobit 2:14 that even remotely speaks to any "foretelling" about a church being run out of one central location, much less Rome.
Your religion is a abject fraud, Mike. Always has been, and always will be. Pagan-based faux christianity wrapped around the ceremonies of warmed-over Judaism.
Tobit doesn't say that? Of course not, but you had to go online and look it up because you don't have all of the written word of God in your Bible.

Jesus would not create a fraud would he? CC is the only Church that is almost 2000 years old. Longest running organization in the history of the world. Why, because Jesus promised it would be.

Why don't follow all the many protestant theologians and pastor coming back home?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Martinsville Forum right now

Search the Martinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Free Gift of Salvation 2 hr Prophet of Jesus Christ 1
Steven Haguewood vs THE WORD of KNOWLEDGE 2 hr Flygerian 120
MESSAGE TO Lee Parish - PREACHERFILES 9 hr TRUTH vs Steven Haguewood 19
Johnny got his butt handed to him on TV by 2 women Tue Mike_Peterson 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Apr 19 abe 1,350
great way to make money from home Apr 19 stuffyouneed424 1
your personality in 6 words (Oct '09) Apr 19 Ami in Mee-ami 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Martinsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE