of 10
Next Last
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#185 Jul 13, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
This post comes from pure ignorance.
The Church owns the Bible. Almost every word of the Mass comes directly from the Bible.
Name one tradition that changes with every Pope.
It all about Authority. You believe Jesus did not leave any. Every Christian for 1520 years and 1.2 Billion today believe Jesus left the Church as the pillar and foundation of truth.
You, Bobby , thing Jesus left you as the pillar and foundation of truth.
It all boils down to you. You are Gods representative on Earth.
Authority.
Mike, Jesus is the foundation of truth, not the church.

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. This is found in scripture but obviously not found in catholic tradition.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#186 Jul 14, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, Jesus is the foundation of truth, not the church.
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. This is found in scripture but obviously not found in catholic tradition.
Jesus surely is head of the Church. That is why he created a Church and not a book.

The Church is the household of God and pillar of truth. I think your Bible says that.

14 I am writing you about these matters, although I hope to visit you soon.

15 But if I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dr.joel smithers (Sep '16) Sep 7 Lurliec 5
Jessica Griffith Star News Personality Arrested... (Jul '11) Jul '17 Jay Kendricks 9
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 48
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 151
Johnny Robertson, when were you baptized? (Apr '15) Jun '17 Sig Fife 20
Looking Jun '17 Captain Hotdog 1
i want to be Christian.can i ? (May '15) Jun '17 Captain Hotdog 10

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages