First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#21 May 4, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I said. Since 382 AD we have the had the Bible and it was determined by the CC, the whole Bible is the inspired and inerrant written word of God. Your verse still say the Bible is profitable for teaching. It does not say the Bible only is profitable for teaching. The Church is the pillar of Truth. That is how the Bible was created.
As for as the Candlestick, that was invented in 1500s when Father Martin Luther removed 7 books of the OT that he knew wouldn't agree with his personal beliefs. He tried to get rid of James too, but his buddies knew they would get push back. The real Bible as canonized by CC, had 73, no candlestick analogy was possible for 1500 years.
The 3 legged stool is an analogy, not a doctrinal statement.b
Completely asinine.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#22 May 5, 2013
Church of Christ is a church of hypocrites. So is every other church since Jesus ascended. There is no perfect church. There is only imperfect churches of imperfect people worshiping a perfect God.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#23 May 6, 2013
Olethros wrote:
Church of Christ is a church of hypocrites. So is every other church since Jesus ascended. There is no perfect church. There is only imperfect churches of imperfect people worshiping a perfect God.
So all churches and all the saints claimed by God are hypocrites? This blanket statement does not fit what the bible teaches about the Saints of God ie the christian. Want to clarify?
Barnsdweb

United States

#24 May 6, 2013
Yeshua said God is to be our teacher, and that He is our Teacher. Read the gospel accounts, especially John. Jesus is the Prophet all His Churches follow and obey and trust in His every word.

Judge by His words who are obvious imposters and hypocrites.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#25 May 6, 2013
Barnsdweb wrote:
Yeshua said God is to be our teacher, and that He is our Teacher. Read the gospel accounts, especially John. Jesus is the Prophet all His Churches follow and obey and trust in His every word.
Judge by His words who are obvious imposters and hypocrites.
Wow, first Idaho, now Austin. Hope you're on a western vacation and enjoying yourself. I must now repent for jealousy and covetousness ;)

Agree with the point btw. That should make things simple, but it won't.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#26 May 6, 2013
Olethros wrote:
I will say there is a perfect church with imperfect people. Jesus created that Church and specifically said it would not fail
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#27 May 6, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, first Idaho, now Austin. Hope you're on a western vacation and enjoying yourself. I must now repent for jealousy and covetousness ;)
Agree with the point btw. That should make things simple, but it won't.
I wonder if that is the same barnsweb that we know:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 9 min Barnsweb 1,014
what are the differences between orthodoxy and ... 5 hr Ace 44
Sola fide? 6 hr Bobby 74
Identifing the Early Church 7 hr William 15
Work From Home | MAKE MONEY ONLINE | EASY WAY T... 10 hr Edoncy 1
great way to make money from home 10 hr Johhny 2
What Does Johnny Robertson Say 13 hr Bobby 6
•••
•••
•••