First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Whitman

United States

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Why do Johnny Robertson, James Oldfield, Mark McMinnis, Micah Robertson, Caleb Robertson and their Church Of Christ friends only use the King James Bible? The King James Bible is translation by Church Of England aka the Episcopal Church.

Johnny, James, Mark say that only Church Of Christ are real Christians and the ones going to Heaven.

Why are they using a Bible made by a denomination they say is going to Hell????

That is like driving a Nissan and having owners manual for a General Motors car in the glove compartment.
New Guy

Morehead, KY

#2 Jan 6, 2013
Yeah, they should write their own versions of the scriptures, so you can attack them about that too.

You don't like them. We get it. Enough already. By the way Whitman, why don't you ever get involved in the Bible discussions? You usually start a thread bashing the boys, then we don't hear from you again until you come up with another thread. What's up with that?
Eden NC

Jamestown, NC

#3 Jan 6, 2013
Whitman wrote:
Why do Johnny Robertson, James Oldfield, Mark McMinnis, Micah Robertson, Caleb Robertson and their Church Of Christ friends only use the King James Bible? The King James Bible is translation by Church Of England aka the Episcopal Church.
Johnny, James, Mark say that only Church Of Christ are real Christians and the ones going to Heaven.
Why are they using a Bible made by a denomination they say is going to Hell????
That is like driving a Nissan and having owners manual for a General Motors car in the glove compartment.
They also have no problem using C of E, Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian and even Roman Catholic hymns. I've never figured out how they learn the tunes to those hymns!
Whitman

United States

#4 Jan 6, 2013
New Guy wrote:
Yeah, they should write their own versions of the scriptures, so you can attack them about that too.
You don't like them. We get it. Enough already. By the way Whitman, why don't you ever get involved in the Bible discussions? You usually start a thread bashing the boys, then we don't hear from you again until you come up with another thread. What's up with that?
I'm stopping up the mouths of Johnny, James, Mark and Micah by showing them as hypocrites they are!!!! When they barge into good people's places to worship then those people know how to stop up the fake COC mouths too. Fake COC doesn't preach truth they preach hate and lies.

Johnny, James, Mark, Micah don't reply to me because they can't. They know if they do everyone will see them for fools they are.

If Church Of Christ had the real Bible all along they wouldn't have to steal it from the Episcopals! Where is the true Bible that the Church Of Christ must have?
New Guy

Morehead, KY

#5 Jan 6, 2013
Really, it would be best to let these "hypocrites" do as they please. People will see them for what they are. I saw one video where JR went into some other congregation. I saw the congregation tell him that he needed to leave, and I saw the poor guy "responsible" apologizing quite a bit. People will see that stuff and act accordingly.

And do not think all coc are like what you're talking about. There are different groups with different methods.
Whitman

United States

#6 Jan 7, 2013
Everyone in community knows Johnny Robertson and his family-controlled cult are hypocrites and disturbers of the peace. Everyone on the Internet who looks for information about Martinsville Church Of Christ and Johnny Robertson knows it too!!!!

How much good on the Internet is there written about Johnny Robertson? None! Johnny is a nutcase. There is no one on the Internet who will defend or support him. That is his fault for being destroyer of families and accuser of innocent children.

And Johny Robertson and his family run cult are too coward to answer us on Topix!
New Guy

Morehead, KY

#7 Jan 7, 2013
Maybe we should turn this into "must you use the KJV only, and if you don't you're going to hell" thread. After all, I had a sunday school teacher as a kid tell me that Paul used the KJV during his ministry. LOL!!! And another guy thought Jesus spoke English while on earth.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

#8 Jan 7, 2013
Guess people would be better off to visit Wayne Jackson's site:

http://www.christiancourier.com
New Guy

Morehead, KY

#9 Jan 7, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Guess people would be better off to visit Wayne Jackson's site:
http://www.christiancourier.com
Can I ask about what?

On a side note, I found an article last night about "what was nailed to the cross". http://cecilhook.net/pdf/LAW_Not_Nailed_To_Th...

And another:
http://cecilhook.net/pdf/What_Was_Nailed_To_T...

I am inclined to do more study here on this. I do still prefer the idea that the law was "fulfilled" in Christ and not simply crucified and abolished. Hook seems to be of the preterist camp, and I do have issues with that.

Since: Dec 12

Royse City, TX

#10 Jan 7, 2013
New Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I ask about what?
On a side note, I found an article last night about "what was nailed to the cross". http://cecilhook.net/pdf/LAW_Not_Nailed_To_Th...
And another:
I am inclined to do more study here on this. I do still prefer the idea that the law was "fulfilled" in Christ and not simply crucified and abolished. Hook seems to be of the preterist camp, and I do have issues with that.
I was under the impression that most church of Christ hold a preterist view of biblical prophecies, the Old Covenant fulfilled in Christ. etc.
New Guy

Morehead, KY

#11 Jan 7, 2013
_Randy_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was under the impression that most church of Christ hold a preterist view of biblical prophecies, the Old Covenant fulfilled in Christ. etc.
I don't know of the proper terms to describe the views. I am not an upholder of the '70 AD' theory that ALL things were fulfilled in that year. The resurrection, 2nd coming didn't happen then. Yes the OT prophecies have been fulfilled- does that mean I'm 'partial preterist'? But that author in other posts did seem to be a 70 AD proponent.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Jan 7, 2013
New Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know of the proper terms to describe the views. I am not an upholder of the '70 AD' theory that ALL things were fulfilled in that year. The resurrection, 2nd coming didn't happen then. Yes the OT prophecies have been fulfilled- does that mean I'm 'partial preterist'? But that author in other posts did seem to be a 70 AD proponent.
The doctrine of Jesus second return occurring in ad 70 was first promoted by coc preacher Max king but most coc will not accept a third return of Christ for retrieving the saints. At one time he had a rather large following. I met him in a small coc not far from here many years ago.
New Guy

Lexington, KY

#13 Jan 7, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
The doctrine of Jesus second return occurring in ad 70 was first promoted by coc preacher Max king but most coc will not accept a third return of Christ for retrieving the saints. At one time he had a rather large following. I met him in a small coc not far from here many years ago.
Yes I'm familiar with his work. There is a notable preacher here by the name of George Stewart that wrote several essays and books refuting the 70 AD theory.

Not sure what you mean by "most coc will not accept a 3rd return of Christ for retrieving the saints." Jesus is definitely returning for His people. It's not a third "second" coming though. I'm not a 70 AD believer nor a premillenialist. Maybe you can clarify.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

#14 Jan 7, 2013
New Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I ask about what?
And another:
English translations from Greek is the heart of the problem. I'll do a quote from Colossians 2:8;

'Beware, or else any man make you naked by philosophy and by vain deception, according to the doctrines of men, according to the rudiments of the world, and not according to the Mashiyach, in whom dwells all the fullness of Elohim bodily. And in him you are also complete because he is the head of all principalities and authorities. And in him you have been circumcised with a circumcision without hands, by casting off the flesh of sins by circumcision of the Mashiyach, you believed in the power of Elohim who raised him from the dead. And you who were dead in your sins and by the uncircumcision of your flesh, he has resurrected with him; and he has forgiven us all our sins: and, by his mandates, he blotted out the handwriting of our debts which (handwriting) existed against us, and took (it) to his stake. And, by yeilding up his body, he showed contempt for principlalities and authorities; and put them to shame, openly, in his own person. Let no (pagan) therefore judge you about food and drink, or about the distinctions of festivals and new moons and Sabbats, which were shadows of the things then future; but the body of Mashiyach. And let no one wish, by abasing the mind, to bring you under bonds that you subject yourselves to the worship of Messengers; ...'

It goes on and on. The issue is Jesus clearly said NOT to think He came to abolish or set aside the commandments of God or the testimony of the prophets that foretold of Himself. He came to pay the bill for the sinners who will repent and turn to do whatever He said we are to do - and lest Bobby chime in as usual - yes Bobby, no one, including me, can live a sinless life. In fact, John says anyone who says they don't sin is a liar, but John also said we are confess our sin to the Father and thus be forgiven.

Paul was not telling those who honored the appointed feasts of God that they were to stop those things - he was telling them to not let pagans judge them over keeping the appointed days of God. That this is misrepresented just shows the lack of perception most "Christian" scholarship has.

One thing working for the State of California in construction and design proved to me is that because someone holds a degree doesn't mean much of anything in reality or in the ability to digest complex issues in the real world. I'm sure those with divinity degrees are also subject to the same frailties of Civil and Environmental Engineers. They aren't stupid (usually:-), but that doesn't mean they know to do the right thing.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

#15 Jan 7, 2013
that quote was from the AENT
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

#16 Jan 7, 2013
Dare I say that the whole Bible centers on Jesus and there may not be a single page that doesn't have something in it about Him - teachings, prophecy, etc..

So how on earth is it good sense to declare that Jesus eliminated the very thing that prepared the world to know Him and that relayed the elemental principles of God for the benefit of mankind?

That would be like building a skyscraper and then tearing out the foundation midway through the building project! God is not an idiot!!! And all through Scripture, particularly that middle Pslam, we are told about the sureness and eternal nature the laws of God and every word He spoke. There is no way that Paul said what the Greek translations have him saying - that's what I really think.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

#17 Jan 7, 2013
New Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I'm familiar with his work. There is a notable preacher here by the name of George Stewart that wrote several essays and books refuting the 70 AD theory.
Not sure what you mean by "most coc will not accept a 3rd return of Christ for retrieving the saints." Jesus is definitely returning for His people. It's not a third "second" coming though. I'm not a 70 AD believer nor a premillenialist. Maybe you can clarify.
My dad is one of those 70ADers. I showed him that Israel being restored in 1948 was to the VERY DAY it was prophecied to happen - he said it was just a coincidence:-) Thankfully, such faithlessness is not inherited:-)
New Guy

Lexington, KY

#18 Jan 7, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
My dad is one of those 70ADers. I showed him that Israel being restored in 1948 was to the VERY DAY it was prophecied to happen - he said it was just a coincidence:-) Thankfully, such faithlessness is not inherited:-)
I don't think this is the thread for getting into premillenialism and such-I believe it to be a very God-dishonoring doctrine; but so also is the 70 AD theory. If all we have is hope in this world, then we are most miserable creatures. What do we have to look forward to if THIS is the new heavens and new earth? Sheesh.
New Guy

Lexington, KY

#19 Jan 7, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
English translations from Greek is the heart of the problem. I'll do a quote from Colossians 2:8;
'Beware, or else any man make you naked by philosophy and by vain deception, according to the doctrines of men, according to the rudiments of the world, and not according to the Mashiyach, in whom dwells all the fullness of Elohim bodily. And in him you are also complete because he is the head of all principalities and authorities. And in him you have been circumcised with a circumcision without hands, by casting off the flesh of sins by circumcision of the Mashiyach, you believed in the power of Elohim who raised him from the dead. And you who were dead in your sins and by the uncircumcision of your flesh, he has resurrected with him; and he has forgiven us all our sins: and, by his mandates, he blotted out the handwriting of our debts which (handwriting) existed against us, and took (it) to his stake. And, by yeilding up his body, he showed contempt for principlalities and authorities; and put them to shame, openly, in his own person. Let no (pagan) therefore judge you about food and drink, or about the distinctions of festivals and new moons and Sabbats, which were shadows of the things then future; but the body of Mashiyach. And let no one wish, by abasing the mind, to bring you under bonds that you subject yourselves to the worship of Messengers; ...'
It goes on and on. The issue is Jesus clearly said NOT to think He came to abolish or set aside the commandments of God or the testimony of the prophets that foretold of Himself. He came to pay the bill for the sinners who will repent and turn to do whatever He said we are to do - and lest Bobby chime in as usual - yes Bobby, no one, including me, can live a sinless life. In fact, John says anyone who says they don't sin is a liar, but John also said we are confess our sin to the Father and thus be forgiven.
Paul was not telling those who honored the appointed feasts of God that they were to stop those things - he was telling them to not let pagans judge them over keeping the appointed days of God. That this is misrepresented just shows the lack of perception most "Christian" scholarship has.
One thing working for the State of California in construction and design proved to me is that because someone holds a degree doesn't mean much of anything in reality or in the ability to digest complex issues in the real world. I'm sure those with divinity degrees are also subject to the same frailties of Civil and Environmental Engineers. They aren't stupid (usually:-), but that doesn't mean they know to do the right thing.
I do believe that there is a "time marker" given to the law. Jesus was absolutely clear that He did not come to destroy or abolish the law. He said it would not pass away, not one bit, until all was fulfilled. There's a big difference in being destroyed and being fulfilled. Jesus is the very fulfillment of the law, it's righteous requirements, and the types and shadows. Paul's letters are also clear that Christians are dead to those aspects when they are in Christ, through His body, etc. Going forward from the cross, we have His teachings and those of His apostles; and we find that God hasn't changed His mind on some things- see homosexuality.
We do see in Christ that the old system was made obsolete, and by the writing of Hebrews it was ready to disappear.

I think we could also say that Paul was saying to those Colossians to not let anyone judge them if they didn't eat, drink, or observe the holy days or sabbaths. Romans 14:5-6 go alongside.

I concur with your thoughts that some can have more degrees than a thermometer, but that doesn't mean they know what to do with them!
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

#20 Jan 7, 2013
As Jesus said when the disciples asked about the signs for the destruction of the temple and the signs for His return, His opening comment was 'See, I have told you beforehand.' On one hand he told them some things then, and on the other, what He was preaching was about the prophecies regarding the kingdom of God all through the OT, and in reading from those older prophetic passages there is also much to know - if He was preaching about it: Repent, the kingdom of God is at hand.

CoC recognize Joel 2, but in Joel 3 it also talks about the return of Israel 'after those days' which speak of the start of the Church and the re scattering of the people of Israel.

But as you say, it's another thread to discuss..:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dr.joel smithers (Sep '16) Sep '17 Lurliec 5
Jessica Griffith Star News Personality Arrested... (Jul '11) Jul '17 Jay Kendricks 9
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 48
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 151
Johnny Robertson, when were you baptized? (Apr '15) Jun '17 Sig Fife 20
Looking Jun '17 Captain Hotdog 1
i want to be Christian.can i ? (May '15) Jun '17 Captain Hotdog 10

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages