Shawn Paden caught in a lie

Shawn Paden caught in a lie

Posted in the Martinsville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Stafford, VA

#1 Oct 21, 2009
Shawn Paden lied twice today, stating he has attempted to discuss the issues, when, in fact he did not. This may take several threads to show everything he ignored.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/martinsville-...

In the above post Shawn never proved anything. He added baptism where it is clear not!

Were you baptized purposely in order to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit? Why make an issue of one promise and not the other?

"In the one account of rebaptism in the Scriptures, converts of Apollos were asked by Paul, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" We are not told of any inquiry into the understood purpose of their prior baptisms (Acts 19:1-9)."

Also, Shawn didn't address this post: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/martinsville-...

Instead, he just pasted Acts 2:38 but never addressed the subject of the thread.

Shawn danced all around this issue: Were you baptized purposely in order to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit? Why make an issue of one promise and not the other? In the one account of rebaptism in the Scriptures, converts of Apollos were asked by Paul, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" We are not told of any inquiry into the understood purpose of their prior baptisms (Acts 19:1-9).

He was ask about his brethren who disagree over doctrine and he sided with both views, knowing he has called others apostates for believing in the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Here is the debate between two conservative Church of Christ preachers; Shawn sided with both:

http://www.oabs.org/Archives/Debates/bright-d ...

Heath wishes to deceive people. He knows that the Church of Christ are split over this; and some even dis-fellowship over this and some even call each other apostates. The following site is a debate between two Church of Christ leaders. Here are the Propositions:

Proposition #1

The Scriptures teach that the Holy Spirit personally dwells in the faithful Christian, and not just through the Word of God.

Proposition #2

The Scriptures teach that the Holy Spirit dwells in the faithful Christian only through the Word of God.

Above is the link; go check out both views then you will understand why Shawn is being so deceptive. Shawn and Johnny hold to Proposition #2

more to come...
Heath

Dallas, TX

#2 Oct 21, 2009
Keeeeeep tryin! ;)

Since: Oct 09

Stafford, VA

#3 Oct 21, 2009
more things Shawn neglected:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/martinsville-...

On another thread Shawn lies again, stating that when he was baptized he knew it was for the Gift of the Holy Spirit. Those in his Church say this is false.

He isn't saying he believes that the Holy Spirit "resides" in the believer. Here is Shawn's comment: "Johnny and I agree that the Holy Spirit dwells in the Christian as he/she lives in obedience to the Scriptures."

The catch phrase is "as he/she lives in obedience to the Scriptures" See, Johnny and Shawn adhere to "Word only" far as the Spirit dwelling within the believer. Shawn is trying to state this in such a way that he makes people think he believes in the "literal indwelling" of the Spirit, when he does not. If fact, he has called other brothers in the conservative camp apostates who believe such. This was Shawn being deceptive, which is equally a lie !!! And Johnny also calls such men apostate if they believe in the literal indwelling of the Spirit. They both know that the conservative Church of Christ are split over this very issue and now he uses deceptive tactics in an attempt to fool people. WOW!

There's no reasoning with this magnitude of dishonesty

Since: Oct 09

Stafford, VA

#4 Oct 21, 2009
Another thread Shawn neglected: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/martinsville-...

This thread http://www.topix.com/forum/city/martinsville-... he pasted quite bit of good information that didnt touch the topic and my guess is because he never had heard of "Point Action Argument" in preaching school, so he pasted some information that went all around the topic; clever way to make it look like an answer, but really he was lost on this and he still doesn't understand the point of the thread.

He neglected this thread totally: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/martinsville-...

I guess he agrees with it...

and neglected this one: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/martinsville-...

And he claims he attempted to dialogue! LIAR !

Since: Oct 09

Stafford, VA

#5 Oct 21, 2009
Shawn, if your one-liners make you feel as though you are addressing this, then eat it up. But nobody here is eating your one-liners. We see you are not addressing this. These are just a few things, I have much more to add later, which proves you lied twice today.

Bless your heart. Keep trying.
Mr T

Fredericksburg, VA

#6 Oct 21, 2009
Yes, I about cracked up when I saw what he said. Neither Heath or JR will answer this. The passage is clear what the early church did. Are they doing it? Yes or no?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/martinsville-...

Since: Oct 09

Stafford, VA

#7 Oct 22, 2009
Yeah, that was hilarious and reveals the heart of these men. They even lie while professing to be in the true Church.

Since: Oct 09

Stafford, VA

#8 Oct 22, 2009
The passage is clear what the early church did. Are they doing it? Yes or no?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/martinsville -...

Since: Oct 09

Stafford, VA

#9 Oct 22, 2009
By the way, I posted some of these thread over at http://www.topix.com/city/martinsville-va so they can see what a bad liar Shawn Paden is...
Bill

Martinsville, VA

#10 Oct 22, 2009

Since: Oct 08

Danville, VA

#11 Oct 22, 2009
I wonder how long, if ever, that heath will understand he is living in the same type of glass church building as everyone else and stop tossing rocks at other buildings?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder!
Bible Says

United States

#12 Oct 22, 2009
walkinginlove wrote:
I wonder how long, if ever, that heath will understand he is living in the same type of glass church building as everyone else and stop tossing rocks at other buildings?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder!
Pot meet kettle.


thetruthinlove.com
Bill

Martinsville, VA

#13 Oct 22, 2009
Bible says, do you attend the Church of Christ that teaches 'Word only view of the Holy Spirit' or do you attend the Church of Christ that 'believes in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?"

Since: Oct 08

Danville, VA

#14 Oct 22, 2009
Bible Says wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot meet kettle.
thetruthinlove.com
Hi Kettle errr I mean Bible Says, so you tell me, those of you who have condemned all others except yourselves, how do you plan to convince God not to judge as you have judged since it appears your house has as many holes in it as all the others? I mean you simply seem to state that the seal of our salvation is unimportant to you, yet it is our seal! You ignore that difference but point out all other faults of all other believers, how is it that you can do one thing and claim another and not be guilty of hypocritical judgment? And if it be that you are judging others and are also in the same state of affairs what will you do when you stand before God?

Will you quote Jesus comment about righteous Judgment that was about man Judging God and try and twist it to apply to other men, or will you submit to the truth of the current situation you are in, that by judging others who claim Jesus as savior as unsaved and hell bound you also have wagered your soul that God was excluding you when he said judge and you will be judged as you have judged?
x-member

Free Union, VA

#15 Oct 22, 2009
W.I.L. Hello.

I have noticed that Shawn will not answer you, but chooses to chase rabbits.

He jumped in on Grace Conversation once and made an hit and run comment in which he called Mr. Deaver an apostate.

He also has discussed Mac in talks with some other people in Texas, calling Mac a progressive.

Then I read here that he took sides with two church of Christ men who teach seperate doctrines.

Does not he nor anyone here see Shawns foolshness?

He could have went to Grace Converstion and taken Macs place, but did you see him go there? NOPE!

He cant debate in a writteb forum, because he has nothing that cant be refuted. He wants a oral debate only because many are tricked by oral debates -- Obama is a case example. I bet most disagree with his position, but look how he can pull a crowd with his debating--why? Not due to facts, but due to many other factors.
Agonizing

United States

#16 Oct 22, 2009
Bill wrote:
Bible says, do you attend the Church of Christ that teaches 'Word only view of the Holy Spirit' or do you attend the Church of Christ that 'believes in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?"
Which church do you attend?

Since: Oct 09

Stafford, VA

#17 Oct 22, 2009
I think the word "attend" was used purposely, but you didn't get it.

The called out are those belonging to God. x-member was pointing out that you guys focus on the building when you say church. You always wish for a location. The called out meets wherever the body assembles. That could be under a tree, in house, or in a tent...you know...like the early "church" done. ;)

I believe in the indwelling of the Spirit, btw. So do many conservative Church of Christ brethren.

Anyways, you have a good weekend, I have better things to do that play these games with Shawn.

Since: Oct 08

Danville, VA

#18 Oct 22, 2009
Oh but wait since he bought the church with his blood we should wear his name right? Well I have seen clearly that the CoC hardline realize the church is the people and not the buildings, yet they focus on the organization /building name declaring they should wear the name of christ but then do not themselves wear his name.

Robertson
McGinnis
Oldfield

Not a single Christ among the group????

Why do I point this silly argument out, because if we logically take the wearing of the name to the logical conclusion, since we are the church we should wear the name of Jesus Christ by their logic then we should all be breaking down the doors of the courthouse to get our last names chanced.

The truth of this argument is that it is simply a tool to steal members of other churches by playing on their fear!

So how long are we going to watch this version of the cup cleaning?

Since: Oct 08

Danville, VA

#19 Oct 22, 2009
x-member wrote:
W.I.L. Hello.
I have noticed that Shawn will not answer you, but chooses to chase rabbits.
He jumped in on Grace Conversation once and made an hit and run comment in which he called Mr. Deaver an apostate.
He also has discussed Mac in talks with some other people in Texas, calling Mac a progressive.
Then I read here that he took sides with two church of Christ men who teach seperate doctrines.
Does not he nor anyone here see Shawns foolshness?
He could have went to Grace Converstion and taken Macs place, but did you see him go there? NOPE!
He cant debate in a writteb forum, because he has nothing that cant be refuted. He wants a oral debate only because many are tricked by oral debates -- Obama is a case example. I bet most disagree with his position, but look how he can pull a crowd with his debating--why? Not due to facts, but due to many other factors.
Well he knows he has no leg to stand on with Ezra 10, that Jesus had the chance to correct the woman at the well and use that scripture to call for her to return to the first husband but he did not, nor did he comfort her for the 5 husbands who had died, why? Because she had divorced them and they had not died.

But the man she was with he did not call her husband because she was living with him in sin and not married.

Deut clearly states that you may not return to a former marriage partner, yet these men clearly violate this command so that they can feel better about giving an answer, without Ezra 10 the water gets real muddy and they do not have a clear answer, so it is better to have a wrong answer then to say I do not know because scripture does not say what to do about a second marriage in the New Testament, it does say repeatedly that we should divorce for only unfaithfulness.

So while they decry all the false docterine around they can, they themselves pratice false teaching also and are as commited to that teaching as anyone else is about their docterine.

Thus they are a denomination by their actions are they not? Assuming we are going to lay all the ills of the world at the feet of those denominational churches as Johnny does, who even blames WWII Holocaust on the denominational churches of America!
Heath

Dallas, TX

#20 Oct 22, 2009
Army of God wrote:
I think the word "attend" was used purposely, but you didn't get it.
The called out are those belonging to God. x-member was pointing out that you guys focus on the building when you say church. You always wish for a location. The called out meets wherever the body assembles. That could be under a tree, in house, or in a tent...you know...like the early "church" done. ;)
I believe in the indwelling of the Spirit, btw. So do many conservative Church of Christ brethren.
Anyways, you have a good weekend, I have better things to do that play these games with Shawn.
Agonizing, do you see how they are ashamed of the church they attend?

They have much to hide. I wonder why?

www.roysecitycoc.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 3 hr Mike_Peterson 2,722
Some Protestants 9 hr Dave P 11
Church of Christ rules and principles (Apr '13) Mon Barnsweb 46
AD 70 Doctrine Easily Refuted Sun Barnsweb 165
The Kingdom of God Jun 25 Dave P 5
Questions for Catholic Ecclesial Communities Jun 24 listen 67
Easter Auto Sales (Feb '12) Jun 24 sweet pea 8
More from around the web

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages