Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#43 Aug 5, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to say I agree with much of this Mike. Where you place the necessity of the Eucharist, I believe Yeshua taught the need to accept and abide in all His teachings. He is the bread of life that came down from Heaven to show and tell us how to live and what the correct interpretation and application of the Torah of God actually is - rather than thinking the Rabbi's of His day knew the will of God at all. He corrected many misunderstandings of the Law, and He gave us of the fullness of the grace and truth of God. On top of this, He also gave many great and precious promises in His teachings... which when accepted into our lives and hearts are the pathway that leads to life that is eternal. He humbled Himself to show us the way back to God.
But not all accept His words. He said only those who are the Fathers' can accept His words. Those not of God cannot hear Him because they have a different father.
Truly, and enemy has crept in and sown weeds amongst the wheat of God.
We know them by whether they seek to do as He instructed and are willing to repent of anything they need to abide in His word indeed.
Jesus did not use a parable or say his flesh and blood was a symbol. When he did teach like that, he made sure you knew.

The Kingdom of God is like..... t. In the bread discourse, unless you eat (actual translation is gnaw) by body and drink my blood you will not have eternal life.

Not, my body is like bread.

When protesters say, the bread looks like bread and the wine looks like wine.

Show me your soul. Show me gravity. With God anything is possible. In this case he specially says it is possible.
William

Birmingham, AL

#44 Aug 5, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
What honest man that compares themselves to the standards God gave can ever declare perfection to the standards of the Torah, or more importantly, to the standards of Torah that were repeatedly taught by Jesus? We all start out totally ignorant as children. We've all been taught good things, as well as things that have nothing to do with the standards God gave, as well as what is required of man by God. Yet, some desire to be all that God said we can be or must be!

The OT standard is be forgiven by repenting and turning to do the will of God - to do what He said those who are His do. All fall, but how many get up and get going with God?

You keep bringing up the point of the righteousness of Jesus Christ being imputed to us today as the only manner of hope we have. What passages of Scripture give you this as a truth or hope of the gospel, that the righteousness of Jesus Christ is imputed, rather than He told us what to do and we must repent to do whatever He said?
You haven't "repented" of anything. You are still a flesh and blood sinner whose fleshly works are an abomination. You haven't sold out everything you own and you are just like that rich young ruler. The believing Jews in Acts 2 sold out everything and had all things common, but not you. You've decided to cite the Torah as your standard of righteousness when nobody else ever became righteous by it.

You want God to owe you salvation. That's not going to happen. Didn't work for the holier-than-thou Fake Jews, and it's not going to work for anyone else.

Location hidden

#45 Aug 5, 2014
William wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't "repented" of anything. You are still a flesh and blood sinner whose fleshly works are an abomination. You haven't sold out everything you own and you are just like that rich young ruler. The believing Jews in Acts 2 sold out everything and had all things common, but not you. You've decided to cite the Torah as your standard of righteousness when nobody else ever became righteous by it.
You want God to owe you salvation. That's not going to happen. Didn't work for the holier-than-thou Fake Jews, and it's not going to work for anyone else.
You like all low end protesters let Jesus save you on your terms.

Jesus, I just read that Catholic book you told them to create that is profitable for teaching. Based on my interpretation, you have to save me if I utter the magic words.

I just did Jesus. Thanks for saving me. Those billions that believe differently than me? You know I know the Truth lord, the HS led me.

"You and me Lord. Right?" Bill Crosby
William

Birmingham, AL

#46 Aug 5, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
You like all low end protesters let Jesus save you on your terms.

Jesus, I just read that Catholic book you told them to create that is profitable for teaching. Based on my interpretation, you have to save me if I utter the magic words.

I just did Jesus. Thanks for saving me. Those billions that believe differently than me? You know I know the Truth lord, the HS led me.

"You and me Lord. Right?" Bill Crosby
You're in the exact same boat as BW. Loves Jesus, but won't do what Jesus said to do.

Which makes you a protester too.

Location hidden

#47 Aug 5, 2014
William wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in the exact same boat as BW. Loves Jesus, but won't do what Jesus said to do.
Which makes you a protester too.
Protestantism is a heresy started by Father Luther in the 1500s. A heresy is belief system that does not conform to the teachings left by Jesus thru the Apostles and the Church he built on Peter.

All of you protesters came out of Father Luther. He is the Father of your beliefs.

However this heresy of ravenous wolves started to devour each other and they now protest against each other more than the Church.

There are almost as many sects and beliefs as there are heads; ... There is not an individual, however clownish he may be who does not claim to be inspired by the Holy Ghost, and who does not put forth as prophecies his ravings and dreams" - Martin Luther

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#48 Aug 5, 2014

Location hidden

#49 Aug 5, 2014
Calvins Corner wrote:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=juro2F vSiro
f
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#50 Aug 5, 2014
Prisoners of lies.... sorry you can't face the light outside the prison of the cave dwellers... Plato was right.

Location hidden

#51 Aug 5, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
Prisoners of lies.... sorry you can't face the light outside the prison of the cave dwellers... Plato was right.
To perceive acceptance of the Church’s teachings as burdensome or restrictive or sacrificial is to ‘see’ them as merely man-made or man-derived. The Catholic perceives the Magisterium as the authorized messenger of the divine, and thus perceives Magisterial teaching as divine gift, quite like the Protestant perceives the written teaching of the Apostles as divine gift. The problem, when the Protestant says,“I won’t become Catholic until the Church changes teaching x”, has nothing to do with teaching x. The cause lies deeper, in a difference of perception of the Magisterium. One sees a bunch of old men in pointy hats; others see the divinely authorized representatives of Christ, the Son of the Living God.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#52 Friday Aug 22
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
f
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KT3I9wgjVUQXX
He has some good points, but his final analysis is on what Paul said, not what Jesus Christ taught or God had decreed to Moses and Israel. There is a continuity of faith from Adam through Noah through Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, through David, and finally through Master Y'shua. That continuity is to be hearing God and doing as He instructed. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." Nothing has changed, and no man today or in the days of Master Y'shua had any authority to change the terms of the Everlasting Covenant.(Gen 26:5)

The RCC has had the longest history of mankind of denying the people access to His word, that they might do the will of God - they required obedience to the doctrine of Paul - not the Christ.

God will not go back on His Everlasting Covenant. Anyone who thinks He will doesn't have any idea of His Person and Nature to have told us all the truth - and the truth is His words - He said so right at the end of the sermon on the mount. It's about being hearers and doers of His words from the Father - His correction of their false words that denied the words of God, as well as unbelief of God in any way. "Repent" to prepare for the Kingdom of God. Then He said what God had intended from the beginning.

Too bad the YouTube preacher didn't just turn to hear Jesus and believe Him in all things.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#53 Friday Aug 22
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
To perceive acceptance of the Church’s teachings as burdensome or restrictive or sacrificial is to ‘see’ them as merely man-made or man-derived. The Catholic perceives the Magisterium as the authorized messenger of the divine, and thus perceives Magisterial teaching as divine gift, quite like the Protestant perceives the written teaching of the Apostles as divine gift. The problem, when the Protestant says,“I won’t become Catholic until the Church changes teaching x”, has nothing to do with teaching x. The cause lies deeper, in a difference of perception of the Magisterium. One sees a bunch of old men in pointy hats; others see the divinely authorized representatives of Christ, the Son of the Living God.
Yes, I see a bunch of old men in pointy hats that have the blackest history of all Churches on earth - even through their Jesuit created Islam... the child being a greater servant of hell than anyone else on earth.

Since learning to hear and know what Y'shua taught to be truth, I'm all the more confident that it has never resided in the RCC since ancient pre-RCC times, when the Orthodox Church still believed the teachings of Master Y'shua to be the absolute truth of God.

Since: Aug 14

Nigeria, Africa

#54 Friday Aug 22
The Roman Catholic Church claims that each Pope of Rome is the absolute successor of St. Peter—who is the Rock whom Christ established His Church on and as such, has the inherent right to govern the “Universal or Catholic” Church unconditionally and infallibly. The Orthodox Church claims that they have and are maintaining the truth as it is in Christ and the Holy Trinity and thus continue to be the Church that Christ Himself established that the gates of hell shall not prevail over as the Lord Himself promised (Matthew 16:18). Both Orthodoxy and Rome believe the promise that the Lord gave; ‘lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world’(Matthew 28:20). Thus, both the Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church make the claim that they are exclusively, the Church that Christ established both now and forever more. Each claims the other is in “schism” from the one true Church.

Both Roman Catholics and Orthodox make an appeal to the Tradition of the Church and also to history as evidence that each is in harmony with the principles of the Church concerning its position. The Orthodox continues to insist on the organic nature of the Church, while the Roman Catholics insist on their developed understanding of the organizational nature.

The obvious problem is that each is applying a different hermeneutic to their understanding of both Church Tradition and to history itself. It can be said that there are no brute historical “facts”.

Rome and Orthodox are just more proof that mere man cannot figure this all out thus our need for Jesus. Sadly, Rome and Orthodox miss this and still place faith in Church instead of Christ.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#55 Friday Aug 22
"Rome and Orthodox are just more proof that mere man cannot figure this all out thus our need for Jesus. Sadly, Rome and Orthodox miss this and still place faith in Church instead of Christ."

Amen, this is why they still impose a human at the top to rule over the people instead of allowing God to sit on the throne.

They hate this scripture, only by the will of God did it make the canon.

26These things I have written to you concerning those who are trying to deceive you. 27As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.
Mike_Peterson

Brandon, MS

#56 Friday Aug 22
Bobby wrote:
"Rome and Orthodox are just more proof that mere man cannot figure this all out thus our need for Jesus. Sadly, Rome and Orthodox miss this and still place faith in Church instead of Christ."

Amen, this is why they still impose a human at the top to rule over the people instead of allowing God to sit on the throne.

They hate this scripture, only by the will of God did it make the canon.

26These things I have written to you concerning those who are trying to deceive you. 27As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.
Are you the pillar and foundation of truth?
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#57 Friday Aug 22
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the pillar and foundation of truth?
Here is what the scripture says I am.

A Temple in the Lord

19So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,…

The temple is a living temple made up of those born again in Christ and He dwells in our midst.

These are hard things for a catholic to understand because he only looks for things he can see with his natural eyes. The catholic priesthood is much like the jewish temple which was filled with gold, silver and glitter. There was a holy of holies there where only the high priest could enter.

5 oyou yourselves like living stones are being built up as pa spiritual house, to be qa holy priesthood, rto offer spiritual sacrifices sacceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For it stands in Scripture:

t“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone,

a cornerstone chosen and precious,

uand whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”

7 So the honor is for you who vbelieve, but for those who vdo not believe,

w“The stone that the builders rejected

has become the cornerstone,”1

This is the role of the catholic pope to be a go between God and man- warmed over judaism.

http://www.gotquestions.org/priesthood-believ...
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#58 Sunday Aug 24
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what the scripture says I am.
A Temple in the Lord
19So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,…
The temple is a living temple made up of those born again in Christ and He dwells in our midst.
These are hard things for a catholic to understand because he only looks for things he can see with his natural eyes. The catholic priesthood is much like the jewish temple which was filled with gold, silver and glitter. There was a holy of holies there where only the high priest could enter.
5 oyou yourselves like living stones are being built up as pa spiritual house, to be qa holy priesthood, rto offer spiritual sacrifices sacceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For it stands in Scripture:
t“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone,
a cornerstone chosen and precious,
uand whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”
7 So the honor is for you who vbelieve, but for those who vdo not believe,
w“The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone,”1
This is the role of the catholic pope to be a go between God and man- warmed over judaism.
http://www.gotquestions.org/priesthood-believ...
Those are beautiful sounding passages, and some are the truth. Have you ever considered study of the topic from the direct and explicit teachings of Yeshua, when coupled with the OT passages He was quoting phrases from?

His teaching on this centered in the example of a living plant, the vine. In this parable we find what it means to be "in" Christ, as well as what it means to not be fruit-bearing, but just a fruitless drain on the resources in the vine that prevent the true fruits of righteousness. My favorite translation of this was found in the AENT. Can you show me anywhere in Matthew, John or Revelation that eternal life is a gift based on grace, and has nothing to do with doing the works God has commanded from the beginning or through His Son? The vineyard is expected to produce fruit.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#59 Sunday Aug 24
What accord does love find with commandments? This is one of the deepest topics He taught about throughout His earthly ministry. The best section to learn about this may be John chapters 14 and 15. It is highly recommended to read both of these chapters to understand what He taught, as well of the fact that love for God is shown through our desire to hear and do as He has told us. The conclusion is in 15:1-27:
(AENT, Netzari Press LLC)“ I am the Vine of Truth and my Father is the Cultivator. Every branch that is on me that does not give fruit, He takes it away. And that which bears fruit He prunes it that it might produce more fruit. You are already pruned because of the word which I have spoken with you. Abide in me and I in you, as the branch is not able to produce fruit by itself unless it should abide in the vine. Likewise you are also not able unless you abide in me. I am the Vine and you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, this man will produce plentiful fruit because without me you are not able to do anything. Now unless a man abide in me, he is cast aside like a branch that is withered and they pluck it and place it into the fire that it may burn. Now if you abide in me and my words abide in you, anything that you desire to ask will be given to you. In this the Father is glorified that you bear abundant fruit and that you be my disciples. As my Father has loved me, so too I have loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my Commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept the Commandments of my Father, and I abide in his love. I have spoken these things with you that my joy may be in you and that your joy might be full in you. This is my Commandment, that you love one another just as I have loved you. There is no love that is greater than this that a man lay down his life for the sake of his friends. You are my friends if you do all that I commanded you. But, I have called you my friends because everything that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You have not chosen me but I am the one who has chosen you. And I have appointed you that you should also go and produce fruit, and that your fruit might remain. That all that you ask of my Father in my name He will give you. These things I commanded you, that you should love one another. And if the world hates you, know that it hates me before you. And if you are of the world, the world would love its own. But you are not of the world for I have chosen you from the world. Because of this, the world hates you. Remember the word which I have spoken to you. That there is no servant who is greater than his master. If they persecute me, they will also persecute you. And if they keep my word, they will also keep yours. But all these things they will do to you because of my name, for they do not know He who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no holocaust upon the face of their sin. Whoever hates me also hates my Father. And if I had not done works before their eyes that no other man has done, they would have no sin. But now they have both seen and hated both me and even my Father. That the Word might be fulfilled which is written in their Torah that ‘They hated me without reason.’ But when the Redeemer comes, He Whom I will send to you from the presence of my Father, the Spirit of Truth, He Who proceeds from the presence of my Father will witness concerning me. You will also testify, for you were with me from the start.”

onediscipletoanother.org
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#60 Sunday Aug 24
The law was not given to make men righteous. Men being in a fallen state living in a world of unrighteousness needs to know what it means to be a sinner. God gave the law to show us the difference-so that we could see our own nakedness. What we need is to be clothed in a righteousness we were not born with and the never earned. We were all born into a sin filled world in need of a savior.

Those who depend on their own righteousness will never see the kingdom of God.

It is real easy for us to know who they are.

The Word Brings Salvation
…2For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. 3For not knowing about God's righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.…

It is not that they did not have the word it came from a mindset of self righteousness.

Denying the apostle Paul will not change this truth! It is in the OT as well as the new.

Come home to truth-let no man stand between you and Jesus.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#61 Sunday Aug 24
Surely Moses was greater than the Pope who is never mentioned in the bible.

Question: "Why was Moses not allowed to enter the Promised Land?"

Proof that the law did not save him but rather condemned him. His basis for being found in the great hall of faith was not his righteousness.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#62 Sunday Aug 24
country boy language:

our own righteousness is not worth a plugged nickle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 4 min Barnsweb 993
Which church is this 21 min Barnsweb 31
Are You Ready? 5 hr Eyeseaewe 96
Sola fide? 9 hr Bobby 29
Who is Eric Picock Tue Bobby 18
need a hook up/connect Sep 14 claire grace 3
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sep 13 Tony 1,358
•••
•••
•••

Martinsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Martinsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Martinsville