Next Last

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#1 Jul 19, 2014

Location hidden

#2 Jul 19, 2014
>>> How the Roman Catholic Church started <<<

Rome has deceived millions into thinking that they are the original "Christian" church, yet nothing could be further from the truth.
This short video summarizes how the Roman Catholic church started and it's pagan roots.

Listen to below video

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#3 Jul 20, 2014
That first protester is the one who said in a radio interview.

We have to do something. We are getting their bad Catholics. They are getting are good Protestants.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#4 Jul 23, 2014
Catechism
Sacrifice in unbloody manner.

The sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the Eucharist are one single sacrifice: "The victim is one and the same: the same now offers through the ministry of priest, who then offered himself on the cross; only the manner of offering is different." In this divine sacrifice which is celebrated in the Mass, the same Christ who offered himself once in a bloody manner on the altar of the cross is contained and is offered in an unbloody manner." (#1367, p.381)

Bible:
Sacrifice in bloody manner.

If it's the sacrifice of Jesus, it cannot be done in an "unbloody manner." According to the Bible:

"and without the shedding of blood there is no remission." -Heb. 9:22

What happened at Calvary was a ONE time historical event and accomplished its purpose:

"For by ONE OFFERING he HATH PERFECTED for ever them that are sanctified." -Heb.10:14
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#5 Jul 23, 2014
In ancient records there is no Pope, nor Bishop of Rome with any authority over others until The Roman Empirer gave it to them after 300 AD.

So the whole RCC original Church thing is totally flawed in their historical account.

The have a pretended authority, just like other Churches whose leadership rule over them - such as LDS.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#6 Jul 23, 2014
Everyone knows the Church started at Jerusalem.

Location hidden

#7 Jul 24, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
In ancient records there is no Pope, nor Bishop of Rome with any authority over others until The Roman Empirer gave it to them after 300 AD.
So the whole RCC original Church thing is totally flawed in their historical account.
The have a pretended authority, just like other Churches whose leadership rule over them - such as LDS.
We were on our 29th Pope when Constantine made Catholicism (Christianity) legal,

Apparently you have yet to include the early Church fathers in your reading list.

That first statement shows your complete ignorance of Christian history.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#9 Jul 24, 2014
I am completely finished with Mike as far dialog goes We are long past any meaningful dialog.

Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store.

Purgatory = completely incapable of working your way to heaven. Absolutely never knowing when you have done enough= catholic bondage.

Catholic bondage = more indulgences= more money...

It is always about power and money even when they say it is not!

Add greed!
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#10 Jul 24, 2014
A cult is a group of people who organize around a strong authority figure. Cults, like many other groups, attempt to expand their influence for the purposes of power or money. However, to achieve these ends, destructive cults employ a potent mixture of influence techniques and deception to attain psychological control over members and new recruits. This fundamental level of control is known alternatively as 'brainwashing,''thought reform,' or 'mind control.' A successful induction by a destructive cult displaces a person's former identity and replaces it with a new one. That new identity may not be one that the person would have freely chosen under her own volition.

It's all about power and money even when they say it is not...
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#11 Jul 24, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
We were on our 29th Pope when Constantine made Catholicism (Christianity) legal,
Apparently you have yet to include the early Church fathers in your reading list.
That first statement shows your complete ignorance of Christian history.
Not ignorance, but faith in blessing those God has blessed. Those same "church fathers" were about as perceptive to the words of God as Nero.

I'll believe Master Yeshua, who said His disciples are to abide in His word and keep the commandments of God. There are those that God said will be cursed. I think you need to read up on both = whom He blesses AND whom He curses.

A wise man will accept correction with thankfulness. A fool resents it.

Location hidden

#12 Jul 24, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ignorance, but faith in blessing those God has blessed. Those same "church fathers" were about as perceptive to the words of God as Nero.
I'll believe Master Yeshua, who said His disciples are to abide in His word and keep the commandments of God. There are those that God said will be cursed. I think you need to read up on both = whom He blesses AND whom He curses.
A wise man will accept correction with thankfulness. A fool resents it.
Name some disciples, lets say from the 2nd Century.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#13 Jul 24, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Name some disciples, lets say from the 2nd Century.
No need to name names as the principle is the same.

Which were negative towards the Jews and/or Ebionites (the poor).

That about covers it.

Location hidden

#14 Jul 24, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to name names as the principle is the same.
Which were negative towards the Jews and/or Ebionites (the poor).
That about covers it.
Kyrie Eleison

You can use the name of that surfer, lawyer dude you follow if you want. Thats the only one I know of besides you.

Oh yeah that guy with his own Bible who is suing his partner for something.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#15 Jul 25, 2014
We've discussed matters long enough that you should know my focus is the teachings of Jesus Christ - not Paul, or any other who has no regard for the teachings of God and Christ. I know from Jesus that those who detract from His teachings - not abiding in them "indeed", are not His spokes persons.

IF the RCC is the "true" Church of Christ, she would have a long standing history of getting His words of life out to everyone and would have promoted everyone doing as He instructed - calling all men to repent to do as Jesus taught - to make disciples of Him who abide in His words of life!

Instead I've seen a history to first destroy the records of those things, make changes to what He said, and to rule Christians by force, rather than by discipleship and love that shows the words of God in action.

Sure, there is much to point to that might cover a multitude of sins, but that cannot detract in any way from the fact that Jesus taught to repent and do the words of God. The Pharisees majored in minors, overlooking the weightier matters of the will of God - and this continues today, just as it did in His day.

What is not correct with this?:

The Roman Church claims to be the right one because they claim they are the oldest and original Church. Their doctrines have developed over the centuries and are not the same now as they were in their oldest records that date to hundreds of years after Pentecost of 33 AD. There are also those who split from the Roman Church over doctrines and what authority the Church is to submit to, yet continued to put authority with the king. Some men believed the Roman Church was corrupted and that the common folk needed to have the Scriptures available in the language people could understand. It was through this period that the King James Bible and others came into use. Following this are many other Protestant denominations whose variant faiths promote to “Know the truth” and have largely based faith and practice through Statements of Doctrine for each denomination. By now people generally follow the “faith of their fathers” or settle in on a congregation that best fits what they either find most friendly, or least objectionable to what they believe. Of the later developments in the 1800’s re-awakening are also found those who attempted to return to the original faith, as they understood it to be, as well as those who claim restored priesthood authority through their Living Prophets. The founding prophetess of the Seventh Day Adventists, Ellen White, wrote extensively and their libraries with her books also cause them to focus their faith away from Jesus’ teachings to include whatever she wrote. After spending a number of years studying with a variety of Churches, all I can conclude is that there are so many Churches because none of them actually remained believers of what Jesus taught, but allowed themselves to drift away from what He gave us to follow and turned to what someone else taught. It was only through totally focused on knowing what Jesus taught that helped me realized the significance of the matter. If you don’t believe me, see if you can go to a Church whose speakers totally focus their exposition of Scripture and the gospel (sermon/testimony) without supporting references to their ‘prophet’, church founders, or the apostle Paul. It’s eye-opening to see how true this is. No one can possibly attend every Church existing in the entire earth today, but after visiting so many, all I can say is I’d love to find one that does focus teaching its membership in the fullness of His message, without trying to prove the topic by using lessor men to support the subject of the lesson. The focus of Christian faith should be on the person, prophecies, examples and teachings of Jesus Christ… if they actually believe Him.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#16 Jul 25, 2014
Kyrie Eleison: I thought this was someone's name you wanted me to look up:-) Indeed, may the LORD have mercy on His people and allow their eyes to behold the truth of Christ through faithful discipleship and knowing the will of God through the Son.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#17 Jul 25, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Kyrie Eleison
You can use the name of that surfer, lawyer dude you follow if you want. Thats the only one I know of besides you.
Oh yeah that guy with his own Bible who is suing his partner for something.
I've developed a bit of friendship and sort of kinship of mind with the author and know that this is a growing movement to start to question Paul and be freed of the "sprouter of lies" and return to the truth of Jesus Christ. There are more than thousands investigating the matter and finding answers to many questions that the teachings of Paul caused. I've even had LDS experts in the Scripture talk to me about the questioning of Paul as a growing fact among many people. You might start the discussion amongst the Catholics.

DelTondo is certainly not the only one. Perhaps aside from the Apostolic record in Acts that Paul was a false teacher, the matter was also concurrent with the Catholic Church in the writings of "Against Marcion". More recent is Jeremy Bentham's "Not Paul, but Jesus", written about 1820, which Harvard Divinity School had a copy which was reprinted recently.

Personally, I feel a debt of gratitude to both of these men for their work at exposing the trickery of Paul against the truth taught by Master Yeshua.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#18 Jul 25, 2014
Searching out some critical reviews of the AENT has prove interesting, and the review is well worth noting. There are some minor errors in the AENT with grammer, and other possible or likely errors exist, and when one person does a translation there certainly is a 'danger' that they will be inserting their 'interpretation' of a passage, rather than a faithful 'translation' of what was written. Yeah, I get that and never based my 'interpretation' or 'understanding' on the translator, but examination of the rest of Scripture - comparing passage to passage - OT to NT - and seeing who is relating the matter faithfully to what God said from the beginning - and through Moses and the rest of the accepted prophets and Psalms - an understanding must also be gained through the overall message/instruction - not just peculiar arguments over one particular word.

Often solutions are found when seemingly inconsistent passages are wrestled with for a while with other passages that should bring some conclusion that holds the truth uprightly.

For me the basic conflict over Paul is one of "faith" VS "faithfulness" and "grace" VS "right" or "repentance and confession to God of our shortfalls" (I Jn. 1:9) VS God doesn't see our sin - but only the blood of Christ that forgives our iniquity, as the righteousness of Jesus Christ is imputed to us freely if we but have faith - no works required, and to say works are required is to have fallen from grace!

These things hinge on words, but not just one word in one passage, as Pauls' manner of apologetics seems to have been.

Location hidden

#19 Jul 25, 2014
Barney

Why do you discount Paul. Where in the bible do you find such a teaching against Paul. Acts which was recorded by Luke speaks of Paul’s conversion and his encounter with our Lord. Peter on many occasions make reference to Paul even speaking of Paul’s letters as hard to understand but note he didn’t discard Paul as you imply

Who has bewitched you brother that you would believe such a horrific teaching against the apostle Paul
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#21 Jul 27, 2014
I found this interesting:

"Let us rejoice then and give thanks that we have become not only Christians, but Christ himself. Marvel and rejoice: we have become Christ." Pg. 210,#795 Wow! Notice that Catholics are not merely Christians, they have become "Christ himself."

"My church cannot possibly teach this," Catholics often argue. But two additional catechism quotes further prove this is official Catholic doctrine.

"For the Son of man became man so that we might become God." Pg. 116,#460
"The only-begotten Son of God, wanting to make us sharers in his divinity, assumed our nature, so that he, made man, might make men gods." Pg. 116,#460

Mormons teach this also and they have an extra book. The lies are piling up. When Mike says he hates low end protestants and especially evangelicals, it is for good reason, we are the ones Catholics most fear/hate because we have truth they cannot refute. Bible trumps catechism every time.
Mike_Peterson

Jackson, MS

#22 Jul 27, 2014
Bobby wrote:
I found this interesting:

"Let us rejoice then and give thanks that we have become not only Christians, but Christ himself. Marvel and rejoice: we have become Christ." Pg. 210,#795 Wow! Notice that Catholics are not merely Christians, they have become "Christ himself."

"My church cannot possibly teach this," Catholics often argue. But two additional catechism quotes further prove this is official Catholic doctrine.

"For the Son of man became man so that we might become God." Pg. 116,#460
"The only-begotten Son of God, wanting to make us sharers in his divinity, assumed our nature, so that he, made man, might make men gods." Pg. 116,#460

Mormons teach this also and they have an extra book. The lies are piling up. When Mike says he hates low end protestants and especially evangelicals, it is for good reason, we are the ones Catholics most fear/hate because we have truth they cannot refute. Bible trumps catechism every time.
You really don't believe Luther threw out 7 books of the inerrant word of God do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lee Gilley shooting.... Thu worriedfriend 1
rapture? Thu Anonymous 3
How does the Spirit teach? Jan 20 Mike_Peterson 11
Catholics (Feb '14) Jan 20 Mike_Peterson 2,111
Johnny paying millions to bisexual (Mar '11) Jan 20 ANONYMOUS 34
0527061598.Dubai Massage Services, Body to Body... Jan 17 tony4u 3
Hell is a lie Jan 13 HEATH - 72 80
Martinsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web