Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are these disciples the ones that came from the Jesus freaks of the 1960's ?
If you don't follow the teachings of the Church, the Pillar of truth, you are a 'Diet' Christian at best. A protester of the fullness of Jesus' teaching.
You got it wrong Mike. We do not follow the teachings of the church. The church follows the teachings of Christ. Christ is the head. When the church tries to dictate the teachings to follow rather than following the teachings of God sent through his son Jesus, aren't they trying to be God? Making their own rules, saving people and forgiving sins by their actions certainly seems to me as if they have taken the place of God. So what if that Great Day of Judgement comes? Will the churches of today have to humble themselves or will God say I never knew you?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Anonymous Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>You got it wrong Mike. We do not follow the teachings of the church. The church follows the teachings of Christ. Christ is the head. When the church tries to dictate the teachings to follow rather than following the teachings of God sent through his son Jesus, aren't they trying to be God? Making their own rules, saving people and forgiving sins by their actions certainly seems to me as if they have taken the place of God. So what if that Great Day of Judgement comes? Will the churches of today have to humble themselves or will God say I never knew you?
Just more Sproul spawn trash

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I admitted I was wrong but but once a catholic, you can never be wrong...
You did not admit you were wrong by using the qualifier "apparently." You and AP make a cute couple btw. Which cult will he be copying and pasting from today?
Anonymous Proxy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Little Al, don't you have a march to go to or something to protest?
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the the what Jesus said and the prophets mean nothing and the CC says is right and the Jesus is wrong?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Are you saying the the what Jesus said and the prophets mean nothing and the CC says is right and the Jesus is wrong?
Yes that is their claim that the Pope is now hearing all messages and passing them on. They also claim the infalibilty of the Pope. Even though the bible says no man is perfect.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that is their claim that the Pope is now hearing all messages and passing them on. They also claim the infalibilty of the Pope. Even though the bible says no man is perfect.
You are such a liar. Here is a real Protestant quite unlike the trash you represent:

http://youtu.be/2MGjJvNUdWw
Mike Peterson

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example of low end Prot ignorance of Christianity
Anonymous Proxy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example of low end Prot ignorance of Christianity
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a liar. Here is a real Protestant quite unlike the trash you represent:
http://youtu.be/2MGjJvNUdWw
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not admit you were wrong by using the qualifier "apparently." You and AP make a cute couple btw. Which cult will he be copying and pasting from today?[/QUO[QUOTE who="MarkEden"]<q uoted text>
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are these disciples the ones that came from the Jesus freaks of the 1960's ?
If you don't follow the teachings of the Church, the Pillar of truth, you are a 'Diet' Christian at best. A protester of the fullness of Jesus' teaching.
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I take the time to give an idiot like you anything???? You have already called me a liar today after I posted the truth about your Commander in Chief Alexander Campbell with whom you spent 25 years.
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Even many protestant denominations don't consider other protestant denominations to be Christians!
I congratulate our two Catholics for the scholarly input they have contributed to this discussion. Without their theological input and spiritual insight we Protestants would be completely lost. I cannot thank you two enough and have personally written a letter asking the Pope to review this thread to consider if possibly you two may be eligible for early sainthood. If nothing else I am sure the Pope will give both of you a GET OUT OF PURGATORY FREE card for your outstanding work on topix. Again let me thank both of you for enlightening all Protestants to the real Catholic faith and showing the true love the church has for your beloved Protestant brothers.
Anonymous Proxy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Mark and Mike the two of you make me want to be Catholic so bad. Where do I sign up?
Anonymous Proxy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

I have wanted to join the Catholic ranks for some time now, especially given the intellectually challenging discussions I have had with Mark. I thought I could better serve the Catholic church by waiting for the position of Pope to become available. Please let me know Mark and Mike when it opens up again. When I am Pope I won't forget your help. <wink wink>
Mike Peterson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous Proxy wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>I congratulate our two Catholics for the scholarly input they have contributed to this discussion. Without their theological input and spiritual insight we Protestants would be completely lost. I cannot thank you two enough and have personally written a letter asking the Pope to review this thread to consider if possibly you two may be eligible for early sainthood. If nothing else I am sure the Pope will give both of you a GET OUT OF PURGATORY FREE card for your outstanding work on topix. Again let me thank both of you for enlightening all Protestants to the real Catholic faith and showing the true love the church has for your beloved Protestant brothers.
And you just want to do:

Acts 2:3 means this.

No it doesn't.

Yes it does.

No it doesnt.

I am right.

No I am. You are going to hell.

The bible says you are.

Protestant Bible Study.

Look at you, BW, Bobby, William and Dave. The low end Prots.

At least get some liturgy and worship in your life. Find a high end Prot Church. 3/4 right is better than 10%.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>

Look at you, BW, Bobby, William and Dave. The low end Prots.
At least get some liturgy and worship in your life. Find a high end Prot Church. 3/4 right is better than 10%.
We like to think of ourselves as the 10% straight off the top, the tithe if you will. We are the 10%that goes straight to God, we bypass the Catholics and high end Prots and belong to the Lord only. YO forgot the two JC's and Killer Joe is one of us also.
Mike Peterson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Anonymous Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>We like to think of ourselves as the 10% straight off the top, the tithe if you will. We are the 10%that goes straight to God, we bypass the Catholics and high end Prots and belong to the Lord only. YO forgot the two JC's and Killer Joe is one of us also.
I use on Creed. Don't want to take the ruin the Lords name.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Anonymous Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>I congratulate our two Catholics for the scholarly input they have contributed to this discussion. Without their theological input and spiritual insight we Protestants would be completely lost. I cannot thank you two enough and have personally written a letter asking the Pope to review this thread to consider if possibly you two may be eligible for early sainthood. If nothing else I am sure the Pope will give both of you a GET OUT OF PURGATORY FREE card for your outstanding work on topix. Again let me thank both of you for enlightening all Protestants to the real Catholic faith and showing the true love the church has for your beloved Protestant brothers.
What no cut and paste from cults today?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Anonymous Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>We like to think of ourselves as the 10% straight off the top, the tithe if you will. We are the 10%that goes straight to God, we bypass the Catholics and high end Prots and belong to the Lord only. YO forgot the two JC's and Killer Joe is one of us also.
More Sproul spawn fairy tales! That top layer seems to stink the most and attract flies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Martinsville Discussions

Search the Martinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 8 min Petsound 2,542
Peter was not a Pope 20 min Bobby 54
Transubstantiation is a Catholic lie Sat Mike_Peterson 16
Sola Scriptura (Jun '13) Sat Mike_Peterson 70
Origin of the Roman Catholic Church Sat Mike_Peterson 28
Chosen by God Fri Roman Catholic Sproul 37
Catholic Priest cannot forgive sins Fri Mike_Peterson 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Martinsville Jobs

•••