Comments
141 - 160 of 247 Comments Last updated Jul 18, 2014
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#141 May 20, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church IS the greatest institution ever created in the History of the world. It was created by Jesus so you bet we put in on a pedestal. You can't understand that because a man created your Church.
Ah. but you will say that the Church is the community of believers. If the Church is the the pillar and foundation of truth then all believers must believe the same thing.
Notice and remember. The CC has never taught that Peter is the cornerstone. You are stating a falsehood. The CC has never taught to worship anything but God, Jesus and the HS. If you continue to say that you are stating a falsehood against the Church Jesus started.
Most Protestant language is not in the Bible, like Protestants or the Baptist Church. Not everything is in the Bible and it says that not everything is in the Bible.
The Church existed 350 years without a Bible. Once again you really don't know how the Bible was created do you?
Why are Protestants so against matter? You know God created man and matter.
Was it wrong for the NT Church to be cured by putting their sick in a position so the Peter's shadow could cure them. Was it idol worship of Paul's handkerchief that it cured people or just a fact. Did people worship the handkerchief or even Paul? No, God cured them because of their faith and he used Paul's handkerchief as the means.
When Jesus cured the blind man, he could have just said you are cured, but he used matter, spit and dirt, to do it.
Bobby: Please tell me how the Bible was created.
Once again, the catholic church has never created or written any scripture. The bible is a compilation of scriptures and I will give the catholics credit for putting them together in one book-they did not create it!
what

Chicago, IL

#142 May 20, 2013
William wrote:
"In the same breath, how can the catholic "organization" get a pass for what its leaders and individuals have done, as the organization fosters an enviroment that allows it? Does that mean all catholics are guilty? No. But the organization itself shares responsibility-especially when it holds doctrines and teachings that help lead to such activities."
Now here, with the RCC, there is absolutely an issue with the institution knowing (and at the highest levels of it's governance) what was going on.
1 Peter, Chapter 3, 15: But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Matthew, Chapter 10, 33: But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Is Jesus your redeemer?

Yes or No?
William

Alexander City, AL

#143 May 20, 2013
Jesus is the guy from Mexico City who is redeeming my deck by resurrecting it from the dead.

The guy works harder than any Gringo too.
William

Alexander City, AL

#144 May 20, 2013
"Hey Zooooos!" is how he likes to be called.

God Bless Jesus!
what

Chicago, IL

#145 May 20, 2013
William wrote:
Jesus is the guy from Mexico City who is redeeming my deck by resurrecting it from the dead.
1 Peter, Chapter 3, 15: But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Matthew, Chapter 10, 33: But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Is Jesus the only begotten Son of God, is He your redeemer?

Yes or No?
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#146 May 20, 2013
And I'm sure you'd like to go by 'Buckeye Bill'?;-)
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#147 May 20, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the catholic church has never created or written any scripture. The bible is a compilation of scriptures and I will give the catholics credit for putting them together in one book-they did not create it!
In other words you really don't know the history of the Bible. Don't feel bad. Most Christians including Catholics don't know.

But you owe it to yourself to find out don't you think? We discuss it the Bible all the time. You quote it and base your salvation on it. You should know everything there is to to know about it

Let me ask you this to see if I get you interested. Who wrote the book of Mark and how do you know?
Dave P

Versailles, KY

#148 May 20, 2013
Maybe we do know history, and don't buy your version of it.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#149 May 21, 2013
The Netzari noted who wrote each book as received, as well as which close associate delivered the book to them. If you want to know more about who wrote each of the books or when they were received, you can find the best info on this outside the CC accounts. Even Jerome said he didn't know who had translated them into Greek.

It's time to open our eyes to the truth, instead of repeating old bishops tales.
Dave P

Versailles, KY

#150 May 21, 2013
William wrote:
Can I borrow Hey Zoos to finish my weedeating?
William

Warrior, AL

#151 May 21, 2013
HeyZoooooos no travel. He take siesta.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#152 Jul 14, 2014
People of the discussion board,

>>> baptism is what believers do. It being water has no regenerate power <<<

The Left-footers believe in baptismal regeneration,

>>> a teaching that water conveys remission <<<

** This is a damnable doctrine and robs our savior of his work **

Even you who weigh heavily on Acts 2:38 do so without regard to the birth from above.

In the conversation with Nicodemus our Lord explains that one must be born from above >>> P R I O R <<< to being a candidate of the Kingdom.

Our Lord told Nicodemus that the new birth from above is like the wind. Our Lord obviously meant something with this statement.

Going back to Acts 2 with this in mind note that faith came as Peter preached the good news to the crowd.

Those of the elect were given the gift of faith then ask men and brethren what must we do.

Hello people. Did you catch that. These were believers in Jesus asking what to do not nonbelievers.

Peter tells the believers to turn a 180 and live not for their self any longer >>> REPENT <<<

And be baptized unto remission of sins

Only believers repent

Only believers get baptized

Sinners are DEAD spiritually speaking and do not desire the things of God. Paul says even they are against God.

God must change his stone cold heart before he will repent. God must change his spots as not a leopard has no such power in itself so does not man
William

Birmingham, AL

#153 Jul 14, 2014
Acts 3:19-21

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Interesting that Peter never told these repentant Jews that their sins were "washed away" when they came up out of the bathtub.

Very interesting.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#154 Jul 14, 2014
William wrote:
Acts 3:19-21
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Interesting that Peter never told these repentant Jews that their sins were "washed away" when they came up out of the bathtub.
Very interesting.
They were probably poured on or sprinkled. There were no body of water large enough to baptize 3,000 in one day and the Romans would not have allowed 3,000 dirty Jews to wash up in the public water system.

Not only is to deep in history is to cease being Protestant, so is geography

Location hidden

#155 Jul 14, 2014
Calvins Corner wrote:
People of the discussion board,
>>> baptism is what believers do. It being water has no regenerate power <<<
The Left-footers believe in baptismal regeneration,
>>> a teaching that water conveys remission <<<
** This is a damnable doctrine and robs our savior of his work **
Even you who weigh heavily on Acts 2:38 do so without regard to the birth from above.
In the conversation with Nicodemus our Lord explains that one must be born from above >>> P R I O R <<< to being a candidate of the Kingdom.
Our Lord told Nicodemus that the new birth from above is like the wind. Our Lord obviously meant something with this statement.
Going back to Acts 2 with this in mind note that faith came as Peter preached the good news to the crowd.
Those of the elect were given the gift of faith then ask men and brethren what must we do.
Hello people. Did you catch that. These were believers in Jesus asking what to do not nonbelievers.
Peter tells the believers to turn a 180 and live not for their self any longer >>> REPENT <<<
And be baptized unto remission of sins
Only believers repent
Only believers get baptized
Sinners are DEAD spiritually speaking and do not desire the things of God. Paul says even they are against God.
God must change his stone cold heart before he will repent. God must change his spots as not a leopard has no such power in itself so does not man
Why did the Apostles baptize infants?
William

Columbus, GA

#156 Jul 14, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
They were probably poured on or sprinkled. There were no body of water large enough to baptize 3,000 in one day and the Romans would not have allowed 3,000 dirty Jews to wash up in the public water system.
Not only is to deep in history is to cease being Protestant, so is geography
Their sins will be taken away when Jesus returns. Not when they got baptized.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#157 Jul 14, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did the Apostles baptize infants?
I have my catholic hat on-so I will say to save them. With a lot of maybe and I hope so, because I can never know with certainty. But at least they are added to the church-that is all that counts.

"What then if you see the Son of Man ascending to where He was before? 63"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. 64"But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him.…
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#158 Jul 14, 2014
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Mike have you found that mystery yet-he reveals it to those who believe?

The Word Brings Salvation
…7or 'WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?'(that is, to bring Christ up from the dead)." 8But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART "-- that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;…

Location hidden

#159 Jul 14, 2014
Bobby wrote:
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Mike have you found that mystery yet-he reveals it to those who believe?
The Word Brings Salvation
…7or 'WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?'(that is, to bring Christ up from the dead)." 8But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART "-- that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;…
Amen!!!! Alleluia.!!!! Praise God!!!.
coroshodoba ishi codroshodoba isha manarashabadada
ishi coroshodobadaishi na ba ba ba rama ishi coroshodaba marishi noracoshodab ma ma ma rasha ishi coroshoda bab ba ba shoro mara ishi na nana

I believe that verse all the others. Every one of them......

Even this one. "See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone”.(James 2:24)

"No one can enter the kingdom of heaven unless he is born of water and the Spirit" (John 3:3-5)

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him" (John 6:53–56).

Location hidden

#160 Jul 14, 2014
What will be the final quiz on judgement day?

Protestant version;

But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. Then He will also say to those on His left, "Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for you did not believe in Me with Faith Alone." These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous who believed with Faith Alone into eternal life.

And:

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to whether they had Faith Alone. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to whether they had Faith Alone.

The Bible version;

Matthew 25:31-46
"When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. Then the King will say to those at his right hand,`Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' Then the righteous will answer him,`Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?' And the King will answer them,`Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.' Then he will say to those at his left hand,`Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' Then they also will answer,`Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?' Then he will answer them,`Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.' And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

and

Revelation 20:11-13
Then I saw a great white throne and him who sat upon it; from his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Also another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, by what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead in them, and all were judged by what they had done.

Wait a minute Lord, we had a deal I made the altar call and you punched my ticket. You reneged on the deal

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Origin of the Roman Catholic Church 1 hr Mike_Peterson 144
Is baptism essential to salvation (Nov '10) 4 hr Bobby 235
Catholics (Feb '14) 7 hr William 853
Jesus' words only teaching, HRM (Sep '13) Thu Curious 63
Signing off ... for now Tue Barnsweb 512
Where did the CoC cowards go? Aug 23 Jimmy Crack Corn 2
Debate: Ferguson - Martinsville, VA Aug 22 Barnsweb 8
•••
•••
•••