|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
If he is baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
From the CCC:
Wounds to unity;
817 In fact, "in this one and only Church from its very beginnings there arose certain rifts, which the Apostle strongly censures as damnable. But in subsequent centuries much more serious dissensions appeared and large communities became separated from full communion with the Catholic Church - for which, often enough, men of both sides were to blame."269 The ruptures that wound the unity of Christ's Body - here we must distinguish heresy, apostasy, and schism270 - do not occur without human sin:
Where there are sins, there are also divisions, schisms, heresies, and disputes. Where there is virtue, however, there also are harmony and unity, from which arise the one heart and one soul of all believers.271
818 "However, one cannot charge with the sin of the separation those who at present are born into these communities [that resulted from such separation] and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers .... All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church."272
819 "Furthermore, many elements of sanctification and of truth"273 are found outside the visible confines of the Catholic Church: "the written Word of God; the life of grace; faith, hope, and charity, with the other interior gifts of the Holy Spirit, as well as visible elements."274 Christ's Spirit uses these Churches and ecclesial communities as means of salvation, whose power derives from the fullness of grace and truth that Christ has entrusted to the Catholic Church. All these blessings come from Christ and lead to him,275 and are in themselves calls to "Catholic unity."276
Toward unity
820 "Christ bestowed unity on his Church from the beginning. This unity, we believe, subsists in the Catholic Church as something she can never lose, and we hope that it will continue to increase until the end of time."277 Christ always gives his Church the gift of unity, but the Church must always pray and work to maintain, reinforce, and perfect the unity that Christ wills for her. This is why Jesus himself prayed at the hour of his Passion, and does not cease praying to his Father, for the unity of his disciples: "That they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be one in us,... so that the world may know that you have sent me."278 The desire to recover the unity of all Christians is a gift of Christ and a call of the Holy Spirit.279
In other words-no he is not-only through Catholicism can anyone have access to the kingdom.

When people see what you are doing and saying it is a turn off. Some of the cocers have taught that same things you do but the rules are somewhat different. I like to go straight to the heart of the matter and throw out all of the glitter and the pompous talk.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words-no he is not-only through Catholicism can anyone have access to the kingdom.
When people see what you are doing and saying it is a turn off. Some of the cocers have taught that same things you do but the rules are somewhat different. I like to go straight to the heart of the matter and throw out all of the glitter and the pompous talk.
Did you read what the official teaching of the CC is?

All who are baptized in the name of the Father, Son and HS are brothers in Christ.

It also says one is not to punished for the sins of their fathers. If you are born into a JW family it is not because Jesus is punishing you. You can't help it.

You will not be punished because John Smythe was a heretic. He started the Baptist Church in 1609.

"Furthermore, many elements of sanctification and of truth"273 are found outside the visible confines of the Catholic Church: "the written Word of God; the life of grace; faith, hope, and charity, with the other interior gifts of the Holy Spirit, as well as visible elements."274 Christ's Spirit uses these Churches and ecclesial communities as means of salvation, whose power derives from the fullness of grace and truth that Christ has entrusted to the Catholic Church."

You know the CC is the True Church because all other Christian Churchs, the Muslims, and the Media hate the CC the most.

An analogy, probably not as valid anymore, is why is America the most hated country in the World?
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read what the official teaching of the CC is?
All who are baptized in the name of the Father, Son and HS are brothers in Christ.
It also says one is not to punished for the sins of their fathers. If you are born into a JW family it is not because Jesus is punishing you. You can't help it.
You will not be punished because John Smythe was a heretic. He started the Baptist Church in 1609.
"Furthermore, many elements of sanctification and of truth"273 are found outside the visible confines of the Catholic Church: "the written Word of God; the life of grace; faith, hope, and charity, with the other interior gifts of the Holy Spirit, as well as visible elements."274 Christ's Spirit uses these Churches and ecclesial communities as means of salvation, whose power derives from the fullness of grace and truth that Christ has entrusted to the Catholic Church."
You know the CC is the True Church because all other Christian Churchs, the Muslims, and the Media hate the CC the most.
An analogy, probably not as valid anymore, is why is America the most hated country in the World?
I think you once said that in order for a baptism to be accepted it had to be done by an authorized catholic?

I do not hate the cc, I just think you have a divisive doctrine. The rules to the word universal is set by them. Not all catholics believe the way you do.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you once said that in order for a baptism to be accepted it had to be done by an authorized catholic?
I do not hate the cc, I just think you have a divisive doctrine. The rules to the word universal is set by them. Not all catholics believe the way you do.
I don't think I did but if I said that I was wrong. The Church recognizes any baptism in the name of the Father, Son and HS and will not re-baptize you once you convert one day.

Jesus was divisive. He suffered a terrible death for that. But He prayed on the Cross that we would remain one like he and his Father were. How more important than his words on the Cross could be.

(Behold your Mother , BTW)

Satan convinced the Protesters that the Bible that the Church created, and not commanded to by Jesus, holds all the truth of God and not the Church.

The Church is the pillar of and foundation of Truth, not the Bible. Satan knows this,so he convinced the Protesters, led by a heretical priest to say a Book was the pillar and foundation of Truth.

A Book when only 10% of the world could read. How cruel you must think God is for us to be saved we have to read a book, decide what is means to by yourself, and your eternal life depends on it.

Satan is one smart cookie for coming up with the SS gig. But alas, Jesus said his Church would prevail and it has.

Not all Catholics believe what the Catholic Church teaches but, the Church teaches the same thing it did on faith and morals as it did in 32 AD.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW: You never answered if everybody at your Church were your real brothers and sisters.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Mike said:I don't think I did but if I said that I was wrong. The Church recognizes any baptism in the name of the Father, Son and HS and will not re-baptize you once you convert one day.

I have been baptized in the name of the father son and HS. Does this mean you can accept me as a brother in Christ right now without me converting to your church.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW: You never answered if everybody at your Church were your real brothers and sisters.
I have a sister who is both my blood kin and my sister in the Lord.

But yes we do have people in my church who have not yet claimed faith in Jesus.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a sister who is both my blood kin and my sister in the Lord.
But yes we do have people in my church who have not yet claimed faith in Jesus.
From the CCC:

All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church."
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Bobby wrote:
Mike said:I don't think I did but if I said that I was wrong. The Church recognizes any baptism in the name of the Father, Son and HS and will not re-baptize you once you convert one day.
I have been baptized in the name of the father son and HS. Does this mean you can accept me as a brother in Christ right now without me converting to your church.
I responded to the wrong post above.

All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church.

But you cannot participate in the Sacraments of the Church.
Jon

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I love history and agnostics and atheist always say this,
Here's a list of the ten most deadly wars in which such counts were historically kept. I could go into a lengthy debate about the history behind each of them, but the short answer is that of all these wars, the only connection I can find to religion is in the Conquests of Timur the Lame and the Conquests of Menelik II of Ethiopia. Timur the Lame considered himself a gh&#257;z&#299; or 'Warrior for the faith' and his biggest wars were fought to defend the Mongols from the Muslim expansion and Menelik fought Muhammad Ahmed Al Mahdi to defend the same Muslim expansion in Ethiopia.
Although Christians are constantly held in contempt for the Crusades, they were also originally fought as a defensive war against the equally vicious armies of Islam. The total number of deaths due to the crusades has been estimated at around nine million, and at least half of those deaths were Christians.
World War II (1939–1945) casualties - 60,000,000–72,000,000
Mongol Conquests (13th century) casualties - 30,000,000–60,000,000
Manchu conquest of Ming China (1616–1662) casualties - 25,000,000
World War I (1914–1918) casualties - 20,000,000–70,000,000
Taiping Rebellion (China, 1851–1864) casualties - 20,000,000
Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945) casualties - 20,000,000
Warring States Era (China, 475 BC–221 BC) casualties - 10,000,000
Conquests of Timur the Lame (1360-1405) casualties - 7,000,000 - 20,000,000
Russian Civil War and Foreign Intervention (1917–1921) casualties - 5,000,000–9,000,000
Conquests of Menelik II of Ethiopia (1882- 1898) casualties - 5,000,000
As difficult as it is to believe World War I actually started over the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne on 28 June 1914. It's hard to imagine that possibly 70 million people died so some government could avenge the death of one man.
Then you clearly know nothing about war or history. Did you know the whole reason radical Muslims kill each other is all because of religion? Did you know the crusaders killed in the name of God, and murdered more pagans than Hitler did Jews? Did you know that the Vatican killed more Christians than Hitler killed Jews? Did you know there are over 40 books of the Gospel? Did you know I'm not agnostic or atheist? Did you know a simple google search of wars fought over religion will tell you nearly every war was fought over religion? Did you know whether one war was fought over religion it still doesn't make it right to murder even if you think its a just cause? Because your bible tells you thou shalt not murder. Did you know 'Honor thy mother and thy father is actually a way to make you conform to authority? If a man is poor and has no way to survive or eat is it really a sin for him to steal food? Do you know what King Solomon's Key is? Do you know that the 3 wise men were actually stars? Did you know that in ancient times to study "Demonic" material was to actually study Astronomy? Did you know that Emperor Constantine burned anyone at the stake who read the other gospels of the bible as to conform them to government? Did you know that all over the world is text showing and explaining all kinds of "secret" knowledge dealing with the origins of humans? Even between groups of civilization that never communicated? Do you know where the cross derived from? Do you know the meaning and the purpose of the Crusaders or Knights of The Round Table? Do you know what an obelisk is and what it actually represents? Do you know anything about ancient text that dates before the creation of the Constantine Bible? Did you know that the 'Jews' are not the "chosen" race, but every man and woman of every religion are the 'Chosen'? Did you know the Gospels were misinterpreted? Did you know I believe in God but I believe you don't have to study a bible or go to a congregation? Did you know these are rhetorical questions?
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Mike, you've made a number of assumptions in the posts above that are certainly questionable at best.

"You know the CC is the True Church because all other Christian Churches, the Muslims, and the Media hate the CC the most."

Hatred is not basis for truth, but typical opinions.

"Jesus was divisive. He suffered a terrible death for that. But He prayed on the Cross that we would remain one like he and his Father were."

He suffered the death He did for the truth that He was the Son of God and the Jews failed to recognize the Messiah was dual nature - man and God. Truth brings unity - half truths bring division.

"The Church is the pillar of and foundation of Truth, not the Bible. Satan knows this,so he convinced the Protesters, led by a heretical priest to say a Book was the pillar and foundation of Truth."

The Word of God is the truth, the words Y'shua spoke were spirit and life and light, as was He and His example/modeling the truth we are also called to live out in our lives as His disciples. The 'Book' is the accepted compilation of writings from the prophets and apostles of God - it is the record of God's word to mankind through the millennia.

Catholics have replaced Y'shua with a man and take the words of their man-pope above the words of the Messiah, Master YHWH Y'shua. In fact, it is the Catholic perversions into the Greek and Latin that removed the only name by which men can be saved completely from the Holy Scriptures, to supplant 'Hail-Zeus' in its place!!!!!

Do you have no actual knowledge of the truth?!!!!!
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you clearly know nothing about war or history. Did you know the whole reason radical Muslims kill each other is all because of religion? Did you know the crusaders killed in the name of God, and murdered more pagans than Hitler did Jews? Did you know that the Vatican killed more Christians than Hitler killed Jews? Did you know there are over 40 books of the Gospel? Did you know I'm not agnostic or atheist? Did you know a simple google search of wars fought over religion will tell you nearly every war was fought over religion? Did you know whether one war was fought over religion it still doesn't make it right to murder even if you think its a just cause? Because your bible tells you thou shalt not murder. Did you know 'Honor thy mother and thy father is actually a way to make you conform to authority? If a man is poor and has no way to survive or eat is it really a sin for him to steal food? Do you know what King Solomon's Key is? Do you know that the 3 wise men were actually stars? Did you know that in ancient times to study "Demonic" material was to actually study Astronomy? Did you know that Emperor Constantine burned anyone at the stake who read the other gospels of the bible as to conform them to government? Did you know that all over the world is text showing and explaining all kinds of "secret" knowledge dealing with the origins of humans? Even between groups of civilization that never communicated? Do you know where the cross derived from? Do you know the meaning and the purpose of the Crusaders or Knights of The Round Table? Do you know what an obelisk is and what it actually represents? Do you know anything about ancient text that dates before the creation of the Constantine Bible? Did you know that the 'Jews' are not the "chosen" race, but every man and woman of every religion are the 'Chosen'? Did you know the Gospels were misinterpreted? Did you know I believe in God but I believe you don't have to study a bible or go to a congregation? Did you know these are rhetorical questions?
:-) Trouble is though, that much of what you said here is not true.

Go read Job. There's a good lesson there.
Jon

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
:-) Trouble is though, that much of what you said here is not true.
Go read Job. There's a good lesson there.
Actually what I said is completely true. Your source of information is mistranslated and I guess you should blindly follow a dogma and act how you're told. ;) Research my previous post and you'll be completely shocked, but in order to find the correct knowledge you must seek it. I am a Gnostic Christian and I have a brain. I believe questioning everything is the way to salvation, not conforming and being scared of going to hell if I act a certain way.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Revelation 14:12,13; "Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me,'Write: "Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors and their works follow them."

We can agree that truth has nothing to fear through investigation.
Jon

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

That verse makes no sense in terms of what I have said.

As the saints believe in all the wealth, glory, and blessing that the Lord has promised them, they must persevere through in patience. They must persevere through the time of the Tribulation, too. The promise that the Lord has made to the saints of the end times is that He would bestow on them the blessing of living with Him after their martyrdom, as, together with their resurrection by the power of the Lord, they are lifted up to Heaven.

The saints thus persevere because they believe in this blessing that would allow them to enter the marriage supper of the Lamb with the Lord, reign with Him for a thousand years, and always live with Him in the Kingdom of Heaven. When the end times come, the saints therefore need to be martyred to defend their faith. They must persevere through all the tribulations of the time in patience.

The saints who are now living in the present era must, when the Antichrist demands them to betray their faith with his threats, pressures and enticements, nevertheless embrace their martyrdom, believing in the Lord's promises. Why? Because shortly thereafter, all the blessing of our Lord would be fulfilled just as He promised us. All the saints can receive their rewards only by keeping their faith in the Word of God and in the Lord. Therefore, keep your faith in the Word of the Lord. God will welcome the saints who have thus defended their faith in His Word and in Jesus Christ into His whole new world.

There is a plenty of reasons as to why the saints who serve the Lord's gospel must persevere through all the difficulties of the time of the Tribulation in patience. For a better in the future, there is a need to bear with the present suffering in patience.

The verse says here, "Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." Why? Because when the time of the Tribulation comes-that is, when the Antichrist rules over the world-every sinner then living on this earth would all be destroyed. The saints must therefore look to the coming Kingdom of Christ, defend their faith, and embrace their martyrdom of faith. Those who are martyred to give glory to the Lord are blessed, and as such, they must embrace their martyrdom to defend their faith.

The Lord will then take care of such saints, allowing their resurrection and rapture to lift them up to His Kingdom. All the labors of the saints on this earth would then end, and they will instead live enjoying their rewards given by the Lord. At this time, all the saints will have the joy of reigning with the Lord and of eternal life, and the wealth and glory of the His Kingdom will be theirs forever.

This is why those who are martyred in the end times to defend their faith are so blessed, for they will live with the Lord in all the wealth and glory of His Millennial Kingdom and the His eternal Kingdom of Heaven forever. To those who do not surrender to the Beast and defend their faith in the Lord, God will give the blessing of reigning with the Lord forever.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

The verse I quoted makes perfect sense and goes hand in hand with persevering to the end -

Also consider the need to 'abide' in His word.

'If you abide in My word, ye are My disciples indeed.'

I'll venture to say it's more about discipleship to Jesus than what Church anyone attends. We just came across the country. Not every town has a CC or CoC - not to mention LDS or others. Will God condemn them?;-)

Have a great day Jon
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Barnsweb wrote:
Mike, you've made a number of assumptions in the posts above that are certainly questionable at best.
"You know the CC is the True Church because all other Christian Churches, the Muslims, and the Media hate the CC the most."
Hatred is not basis for truth, but typical opinions.
"Jesus was divisive. He suffered a terrible death for that. But He prayed on the Cross that we would remain one like he and his Father were."
He suffered the death He did for the truth that He was the Son of God and the Jews failed to recognize the Messiah was dual nature - man and God. Truth brings unity - half truths bring division.
"The Church is the pillar of and foundation of Truth, not the Bible. Satan knows this,so he convinced the Protesters, led by a heretical priest to say a Book was the pillar and foundation of Truth."
The Word of God is the truth, the words Y'shua spoke were spirit and life and light, as was He and His example/modeling the truth we are also called to live out in our lives as His disciples. The 'Book' is the accepted compilation of writings from the prophets and apostles of God - it is the record of God's word to mankind through the millennia.
Catholics have replaced Y'shua with a man and take the words of their man-pope above the words of the Messiah, Master YHWH Y'shua. In fact, it is the Catholic perversions into the Greek and Latin that removed the only name by which men can be saved completely from the Holy Scriptures, to supplant 'Hail-Zeus' in its place!!!!!
Do you have no actual knowledge of the truth?!!!!!
So you are denying that Jesus said the Church is the pillar of foundation of Truth. What is the Truth? The World of God just like you said. Jesus left a Church and not a book to teach us the Truth. The Church created the Bible to help her teach just what Paul said scripture was good for.

What has your Church created? Division, something Jesus prayed for us not to do with his dying breath.

God has always had a man on Earth to represent and Scripture clearly states Jesus kept it up with the Keys.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
So you must believe;

Christ's humanity was an illusion. Christ was not truly God. All matter is evil, including your body. the God of the OT is evil. People are saved by gaining secret knowledge (gnosis).

You are probably just a New Ager, roughly the same thing.

Paul said, "Avoid profane babbling and the absurdities of so-called knowledge [gnosis]. By professing it some people have deviated from the faith" (1 Tm 6:20-21).

It seems clear, though, that the apostles themselves had to contend with a form of gnosticism (Col 2:8, 18; 1 Jn 4:1-3; Rv 2:6, 15).
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are denying that Jesus said the Church is the pillar of foundation of Truth. What is the Truth? The World of God just like you said. Jesus left a Church and not a book to teach us the Truth. The Church created the Bible to help her teach just what Paul said scripture was good for.
What has your Church created? Division, something Jesus prayed for us not to do with his dying breath.
God has always had a man on Earth to represent and Scripture clearly states Jesus kept it up with the Keys.
Yes, Jesus has a Church, and the true Church is to be a pillar of truth. So what Church teaches the truth that He taught? The whole unadulterated truth - not just part of it, nothing against anything He taught, but which takes the whole of the truth taught by God to mankind through His only begotten Son?

We have many centuries of dirt piled upon His doctrine and have the HUGE need to dig down through them all to put our foundations upon the very words He gave and eliminate all the dirt and filth of man made doctrines from the foundation built by Jesus Christ and the foundation of the apostles and prophets.

The lesson last night at the Passover celebration was to note the feast of first fruits appointment of God is related to both when God gave the Commandments to Israel and to the day when He poured out the Spirit that would write His Torah on our hearts - the marriage of the Commandments of God and the Spirit of God that enables and empowers us to do His will from a new and living heart.

Is that what RCC teaches?
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you must believe;
Christ's humanity was an illusion. Christ was not truly God. All matter is evil, including your body. the God of the OT is evil. People are saved by gaining secret knowledge (gnosis).
You are probably just a New Ager, roughly the same thing.
Paul said, "Avoid profane babbling and the absurdities of so-called knowledge [gnosis]. By professing it some people have deviated from the faith" (1 Tm 6:20-21).
It seems clear, though, that the apostles themselves had to contend with a form of gnosticism (Col 2:8, 18; 1 Jn 4:1-3; Rv 2:6, 15).
Seems that Islam resulted from denial of the true gospel to a message that Jesus was only a prophet and didn't die on the cross or resurrect from the dead. Just look at what false doctrines can lead to!

If that doesn't show disbelief having consequences, nothing will!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of151
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Martinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••