Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Did anyone see where the NBA player came out and said he was gay? The media went nuts. One man, Chris Broussard from ESPN, was asked about it. He said that he could not call someone a Christian who lived in an open homosexual lifestyle. He said the same thing about heterosexuals who had relations without being married.

Chris Broussard is a proclaiming Christian. After his comments, some rallied behind him, but many more viciously attacked him online. I pray for this man, that he will have the courage to stand up for the truth even when unpopular. He does so on national media outlets with millions of viewers. I support his stand, pray for him, and hope others here do and feel the same.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, I saw the whole thing.

What's really sad is this guy is now a pariah in the locker room, no matter what the NBA says publicly. His career is now finished as a basketball player ... he is now A Gay Basketball Player, and will garner more attention than his team-mates because of this mantra.

Any perceived slight to his skills will now be taken as a shot at him being A Gay Basketball Player and not due to the fact that he is 34 years old and not a very good center to start with.

But hey, it was a great career move on his part, in the long run.
New Guy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
Yeah, I saw the whole thing.
What's really sad is this guy is now a pariah in the locker room, no matter what the NBA says publicly. His career is now finished as a basketball player ... he is now A Gay Basketball Player, and will garner more attention than his team-mates because of this mantra.
Any perceived slight to his skills will now be taken as a shot at him being A Gay Basketball Player and not due to the fact that he is 34 years old and not a very good center to start with.
But hey, it was a great career move on his part, in the long run.
You're right. He appears to be a journeyman center with fading skills. But he will be defined by this, not his ability. No doubt he has a future in broadcasting now, interviews, writing a book, being in anti-bullying campaigns, you name it. He's famous now, a trivia answer.

I heard a caller on the radio today ask what would happen if a quarterback or running back in the NFL came out as homosexual, and then got hit by a defender viciously, enough to get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Would the broadcasters start saying it was a "hate hit", or that a bounty had been put out on gay players? Sports are just another outlet to push an agenda.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

It will be very hard on the players of the team that this guy, or the next "out" gay player, plays with.

Now in addition to having to concentrate on the game, their team, and their own contributions with trying to win, they have to deal with this clown-show media circus.

This player is now the focus of the team, not the team itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Martinsville Forum right now

Search the Martinsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Jesus your Lord and Savior 9 min Mike_Peterson 102
Early release eyed for some drug felons 16 min Lisa 1
Catholics 21 min Mike_Peterson 772
Is Roman Catholicism a FALSE GOSPEL 1 hr Mike_Peterson 57
Partial List of teachings Protestants cannot ag... 2 hr Barnsweb 26
The Origin of the Roman Catholic Church 2 hr William 24
Christian Heroes 2 hr Bobby 93
•••
•••