Matt 26:28: fulfilled on the cross NO...

Matt 26:28: fulfilled on the cross NOT in water Baptism

Posted in the Martinsville Forum

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 29, 2012
Those Jews whom Peter preached perfectly understood that Matt 26:28 was fulfilled. There was no doubt that Jesus TOOK AWAY THEIR SINS. John said “behold the Lamb of God who takes sins away.” The Lamb of God took sins away on the cross while we yet were sinners.

According to Scripture, while we were yet sinners, God through the death of His Son ‘reconciled us to Him.’ How? By forgiving our sin. Sin came between God and Man until Jesus took them away by the shedding of his Blood. Now we can come to God for Eternal Life. The barrier between God and Man was tore down by the work of Jesus Christ.

His Blood is not like bulls and goats often needing to be shed. His blood by one offering redeemed mankind making it possible to have everlasting Life. If people would just take in the reality of this and understand what a wonderful work Jesus done for us it would destroy this false doctrine of baptismal effectual forgiveness.

When the Jews in Acts 2 ask what to do, they already knew forgiveness was through Jesus Blood. They were not asking how to be forgiven. How absurd to ask what you already understand. They simply were asking what to do about the wonderful work of Jesus that brought the whole world forgiveness. Peter then tells them.“Repent and be baptized (eis) unto, towards, with reference to, in view of, in light of, on the basis, on the purpose of remission of sins.” Again, the Jews knew how sins were forgiven, they were NOT asking how to be forgiven BUUUTT asking what to do about it. Since Jesus forgave their sins what must they do, they ask. Answer: Repent and be baptized, and ye shall receive the GIFT of the Holy Spirit.

One thing I find very alarming when I read the comments on here from the coc men is their lack of any talks about Jesus and what He has done. Rarely on here is Jesus ever mentioned. Jesus redeemed mankind with His Blood ‘WHILE WE WERE YET AN ENEMY.’ How many coc men on here are saying this? Rather the coc men are teaching that sinners are forgiven as they plunge into baptism whereby they contact Jesus already shed Blood. How absurd and what a damnable doctrine. It’s a complete mockery of what Jesus done on the cross.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 29, 2012
night-owl-early-bird wrote:
Those Jews whom Peter preached perfectly understood that Matt 26:28 was fulfilled. There was no doubt that Jesus TOOK AWAY THEIR SINS. John said “behold the Lamb of God who takes sins away.” The Lamb of God took sins away on the cross while we yet were sinners.
According to Scripture, while we were yet sinners, God through the death of His Son ‘reconciled us to Him.’ How? By forgiving our sin. Sin came between God and Man until Jesus took them away by the shedding of his Blood. Now we can come to God for Eternal Life. The barrier between God and Man was tore down by the work of Jesus Christ.
His Blood is not like bulls and goats often needing to be shed. His blood by one offering redeemed mankind making it possible to have everlasting Life. If people would just take in the reality of this and understand what a wonderful work Jesus done for us it would destroy this false doctrine of baptismal effectual forgiveness.
When the Jews in Acts 2 ask what to do, they already knew forgiveness was through Jesus Blood. They were not asking how to be forgiven. How absurd to ask what you already understand. They simply were asking what to do about the wonderful work of Jesus that brought the whole world forgiveness. Peter then tells them.“Repent and be baptized (eis) unto, towards, with reference to, in view of, in light of, on the basis, on the purpose of remission of sins.” Again, the Jews knew how sins were forgiven, they were NOT asking how to be forgiven BUUUTT asking what to do about it. Since Jesus forgave their sins what must they do, they ask. Answer: Repent and be baptized, and ye shall receive the GIFT of the Holy Spirit.
One thing I find very alarming when I read the comments on here from the coc men is their lack of any talks about Jesus and what He has done. Rarely on here is Jesus ever mentioned. Jesus redeemed mankind with His Blood ‘WHILE WE WERE YET AN ENEMY.’ How many coc men on here are saying this? Rather the coc men are teaching that sinners are forgiven as they plunge into baptism whereby they contact Jesus already shed Blood. How absurd and what a damnable doctrine. It’s a complete mockery of what Jesus done on the cross.
I love it you cant get the answer you need or want and cant find it in the bible so you start a new thread and say the same thing. Its still wrong thinking on your part. The bible is clear about how to become a child of God, you simply want to change what was being taught by the apostles. Bad luck with that.
Mike Conner

United States

#4 Nov 29, 2012
Its very obvious that your position is weak when you start multiple threads saying the same thing.
Night Owl Early Bird

Earlysville, VA

#5 Nov 29, 2012
Mike Conner wrote:
<quoted text>
Its very obvious that your position is weak when you start multiple threads saying the same thing.
Yeah so weak you guys only say this rather than refute the threads. Dont say you have refuted them because you have not. Go back and look at all of my questions you guys ignored and did not answer. I made notes of them, did you? See, I dont just look at what you say but what you avoid and you and JC have avoided many questions.
Mike Conner

United States

#6 Nov 29, 2012
Night Owl Early Bird wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah so weak you guys only say this rather than refute the threads. Dont say you have refuted them because you have not. Go back and look at all of my questions you guys ignored and did not answer. I made notes of them, did you? See, I dont just look at what you say but what you avoid and you and JC have avoided many questions.
Well since you wrote them down go ahead and list them here and I will try to answer them. Again.

But I'm thinking you won't like the answers and continue to say I haven't answered any questions.
Night Owl Early Bird

Earlysville, VA

#7 Nov 29, 2012
Mike Conner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since you wrote them down go ahead and list them here and I will try to answer them. Again.
But I'm thinking you won't like the answers and continue to say I haven't answered any questions.
or.....maybe you just didnt like the questions and chose to dodge them :-)

You have done nothing but dance around everything and claim to have answered. Nice try.
Mike Conner

United States

#8 Nov 29, 2012
Night Owl Early Bird wrote:
<quoted text>
or.....maybe you just didnt like the questions and chose to dodge them :-)
You have done nothing but dance around everything and claim to have answered. Nice try.
That's what I thought.
Night Owl Early Bird

Earlysville, VA

#9 Nov 29, 2012
Mike Conner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I thought.
That's what I thought
abc

Martinsville, VA

#10 Nov 30, 2012
Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:38 fulfills Luke 24:47

Location hidden

#11 Nov 30, 2012
abc wrote:
Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38 fulfills Luke 24:47
Exactly. Peter ‘PREACHED’ that Jesus shed his blood FOR REMISSION OF SIN then commanded then to repent. So, those Jews knew that Jesus blood forgave sin thus common sense tells us they were not asking Peter HOW TO BE FORGIVEN. They simply wanted to know what to in light of the work of Jesus for which Peter commanded repentance and baptism.
abc

Martinsville, VA

#12 Nov 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Exactly. Peter ‘PREACHED’ that Jesus shed his blood FOR REMISSION OF SIN then commanded then to repent. So, those Jews knew that Jesus blood forgave sin thus common sense tells us they were not asking Peter HOW TO BE FORGIVEN. They simply wanted to know what to in light of the work of Jesus for which Peter commanded repentance and baptism.

You got my meaning completely wrong.

Location hidden

#13 Nov 30, 2012
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
You got my meaning completely wrong.
How so? Elaborate.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 5, 2012
Peter ‘PREACHED’ that Jesus shed his blood FOR REMISSION OF SIN then commanded then to repent. So, those Jews knew that Jesus blood forgave sin thus common sense tells us they were not asking Peter HOW TO BE FORGIVEN. They simply wanted to know what to in light of the work of Jesus for which Peter commanded repentance and baptism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) Jul 22 William 3,351
Christians Murder American Indians (Jan '12) Jun '16 Kevo8263 32
Sarah Smith nude ! (Jul '12) Jun '16 sarasmith 2
The Bible teaches that the Earth will never end (Apr '15) May '16 Anonymous 38
thomas jefferson edwards Apr '16 nuks67 2
Norm Fields – FORMER employee of Johnny Robertson (Feb '12) Apr '16 GunFighter 29
Stop erasing my comments! Apr '16 Truth teller 1

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages