Barnsweb

Copperopolis, CA

#21 Apr 13, 2012
Paul submitted to baptism as a command with purpose and promise. He even wrote a chapter in Romans on baptism (6). Paul also knew the gospel as preached by Peter on Pentecost, which also used the phrase about 'calling on the name of the Lord', which shows it is directly linked to Christian immerssion for the foregiveness of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit Comfortor.

As for the dividing line, God has also revealed that to us from the beginning to the end of the Bible - if we have the nerve to note conditional passages as seriously as ones that are easier to swallow. Moses revealed the line, Peter affirmed it, and Jesus taught it repeatedly.

Acts 3:22,23. Jesus is the living Prophet that we are to hear whatever He said and reject none of it...or else.

And before anyone goes off on their 'you're not perfect' routine, even regarding the commandments of God aspect, Jesus said whoever doesn't do one and teachers others likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven... so in spite of what some pretend to think to nulify the teachings of the Lord over the missapplied words of the least apostle,- you'd better do a reality check with the teachings of Jesus that He said are imperative and stop the bickering over how to get around what He taught and start noticing what He DID teach and repent to do it.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#22 Apr 13, 2012
testing the spirits wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting SW and I mixed up. I am Randy, he is Tracy. This has been affirmed on here a few times already.
Yes, I have been told but either way you are birds of the same feather...

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#23 Apr 13, 2012
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
lol

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#24 Apr 13, 2012
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank you Bobby! That's a compliment, whether you meant it or not. And that's more than we can say for you, BFrank, Mrs. Marrs, et cetera. You guys and girls are in multiple denominations, and in reality don't agree with each other about doctrine, although you love to put up this supposed "united" front against "heathens" like Randy and I who refuse to join a man-made denomination, as if the Bible has some mysterious verse somewhere that says "thou shalt join a man-made denomination of thou choice, which thou agreest with, and which makes thee happy". Sorry guys and girls, it's not there, no matter how severely and terribly you mis-translate that Bible verse about "assembling with the saints".
Bfrank

Martinsville, VA

#25 Apr 13, 2012
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree, both Randy & SW(Tracy) are birds of the same feather. They both "speak the same things" in that they both talk like they are from Johnny Robertson's Church of Christ. They both live within driving distance to "assemble with the saints" as Johnny says it. So how about it Randy/Tracy y'all been drinking Johnny's "Kool-Aid"?

Location hidden

#26 Apr 13, 2012
Bfrank wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree, both Randy & SW(Tracy) are birds of the same feather. They both "speak the same things" in that they both talk like they are from Johnny Robertson's Church of Christ. They both live within driving distance to "assemble with the saints" as Johnny says it. So how about it Randy/Tracy y'all been drinking Johnny's "Kool-Aid"?
You’re a funny dude. You really think Johnny would agree with some of things we are saying on here? Get for real! SW and I have stated many times that we do NOT line up with any particular group … including the church of Christ.

Location hidden

#27 Apr 13, 2012
Bfrank wrote:
<quoted text>
So long as it's RED Kool-Aid, and not purple or orange. I love how people call it by it's color instead of it's flavor sometimes. That's hilarious.

Location hidden

#28 Apr 13, 2012
<quoted text>
You’re a funny dude. You really think Johnny would agree with some of things we are saying on here? Get for real! SW and I have stated many times that we do NOT line up with any particular group … including the church of Christ.
No, Johnny would deny us the LS and all that, just like he would anyone else.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#29 Apr 13, 2012
<quoted text>
The problem is that I don't see you lining with Christ. If i am to believe you, you have not believed in the Gospel, not been water baptized, and have no fellowship with the body of Christ. You and sw are one in each other and yet you want to teach believers not to go to church. Something is very wrong going on there.

Think about it, On these threads I am probably the most accepting of believers who go to other churches. And yet, I am having trouble accepting Randy/Tracy as genuine followers of Christ. It is not to late to place your trust and allegiance in the Christ who died for you! We can be wrong about many doctrinal issues but we cannot be wrong about the sacrifice of Jesus. If our faith is in anything else it is like dung/lipstick on a pig.

What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ

Location hidden

#30 Apr 13, 2012
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that I don't see you lining with Christ. If i am to believe you, you have not believed in the Gospel, not been water baptized, and have no fellowship with the body of Christ. You and sw are one in each other and yet you want to teach believers not to go to church. Something is very wrong going on there.
Think about it, On these threads I am probably the most accepting of believers who go to other churches. And yet, I am having trouble accepting Randy/Tracy as genuine followers of Christ. It is not to late to place your trust and allegiance in the Christ who died for you! We can be wrong about many doctrinal issues but we cannot be wrong about the sacrifice of Jesus. If our faith is in anything else it is like dung/lipstick on a pig.
What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ
No, I do BELIEVE in the gospel. Without a doubt I BELIEVE the Gospel. However, simply understanding and believing it, will not save.

What do you mean “GO TO CHURCH?” Is this even a biblical concept? The Church assembles/meets with one another. This notion that we GO TO CHURCH is foreign to Scripture. Faith in Jesus would require one to follow His plans, not ours. YOUR CHURCH teaches the sinners prayer which is NOT the plans of Jesus. How can you claim to have faith yet believe a lie. Your faith is NOT in Jesus, its in John Wesley. YOUR FAITH rest on the sinners prayer, not upon the commands of Christ. Peter did NOT invent a plan of salvation on Pentecost, he obeyed what Jesus had told him. When he commanded repentance and baptism in order to receive remission of sins, he got that straight from Jesus. Don’t tell me you have faith in Jesus. If you did, you would drop the sinners prayer nonsense and stop follow a Church created by John Wesley.

Location hidden

#31 Apr 13, 2012
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Your phrase "got to church" would carry much more weight if they were Biblical; they are not Biblical. Then maybe we could understand where you're coming from, and why you defend denominations and denominational doctrine as something "good" or "pure" or "Biblical". It's not. You have selected, in your mind, the "lesser of two evils", by selecting a church you agree with, and whose doctrine you want to promote. We are promoting what the Bible says, period. No OSAS, no sprinkling, no "sinner's prayer", none of that man-made stuff.
Bfrank

Martinsville, VA

#32 Apr 13, 2012
SeekingWanderer wrote:
<quoted text>
Your phrase "got to church" would carry much more weight if they were Biblical; they are not Biblical. Then maybe we could understand where you're coming from, and why you defend denominations and denominational doctrine as something "good" or "pure" or "Biblical". It's not. You have selected, in your mind, the "lesser of two evils", by selecting a church you agree with, and whose doctrine you want to promote. We are promoting what the Bible says, period. No OSAS, no sprinkling, no "sinner's prayer", none of that man-made stuff.
So is the whole concept of christians assembling to worship God in a certain place at a certain time, too "denominational" for you? Is lone-ranger/lone-stranger christian-s the biblical pattern?
**Philemon 1:2 to Apphia our sister, to Archippus our fellow soldier and to the church that meets in your home:
**Colossians 4:15 Give my greetings to the brothers at Laodicea, and to Nympha and the church in her house.
**Romans 16:4 They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them.
**Romans 16:5 Greet also the church that meets at their house. Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia.
_Christians are supposed to assemble to worship God, if you say NO then you are preaching another gospel, and I wonder about your your divide into one doctrine. The church has many enemies, in the world & in the church, the bible warns us about people like you...
**Romans 16:17 I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them

Location hidden

#33 Apr 13, 2012
Bfrank wrote:
<quoted text>
So is the whole concept of christians assembling to worship God in a certain place at a certain time, too "denominational" for you? Is lone-ranger/lone-stranger christian-s the biblical pattern?
**Philemon 1:2 to Apphia our sister, to Archippus our fellow soldier and to the church that meets in your home:
**Colossians 4:15 Give my greetings to the brothers at Laodicea, and to Nympha and the church in her house.
**Romans 16:4 They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them.
**Romans 16:5 Greet also the church that meets at their house. Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia.
_Christians are supposed to assemble to worship God, if you say NO then you are preaching another gospel, and I wonder about your your divide into one doctrine. The church has many enemies, in the world & in the church, the bible warns us about people like you...
**Romans 16:17 I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them
BF, I LOOOOOOVE it when you prove my point for me. That's AWESOME dude! Read your posts again, they met in HOMES...HOMES...HOOOOOOOOOOOOO OMES. Not in a denominational building started by some guy who thought he had all the right answers. You're awesome man. I just feel so vindicated that you are now on my side, and see for yourself that they early Christians met in each others homes to assemble and worship God, and not in some gaudy, God-awful building that is an homage to ego, pride, and vanity.

You just CLEARLY defined, in your first sentence, what my WHOLE, ENTIRE THREAD called Divide Into One was ALLLLL about. I thank God that you now see it. "Christians assembling to worship God in a certain place at a certain time" is exactly what worship is ALL about. And the Biblical pattern is, as you have attested to in your above verses, to meet in HOMES.

Thank you for your support BF. Now us three (me, you, and Randy) can show everyone else that the Biblical pattern is there, that they met in houses, and that it is Godly to do so.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#34 Apr 13, 2012
<quoted text>
No, I do BELIEVE in the gospel. Without a doubt I BELIEVE the Gospel. However, simply understanding and believing it, will not save.
What do you mean “GO TO CHURCH?” Is this even a biblical concept? The Church assembles/meets with one another. This notion that we GO TO CHURCH is foreign to Scripture. Faith in Jesus would require one to follow His plans, not ours. YOUR CHURCH teaches the sinners prayer which is NOT the plans of Jesus. How can you claim to have faith yet believe a lie. Your faith is NOT in Jesus, its in John Wesley. YOUR FAITH rest on the sinners prayer, not upon the commands of Christ. Peter did NOT invent a plan of salvation on Pentecost, he obeyed what Jesus had told him. When he commanded repentance and baptism in order to receive remission of sins, he got that straight from Jesus. Don’t tell me you have faith in Jesus. If you did, you would drop the sinners prayer nonsense and stop follow a Church created by John Wesley.
First of all I am not a Methodist. Secondly the sinners prayer is very biblical.

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed:‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said,‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Why is it that you do not have the faith to believe this plain and simple passage? For that matter you preach salvation is based on water baptism. Where is your faith? If you believe, then do the water baptism thing for crying out loud! A person of faith is known for his obedience not just his talk. I am having trouble believing anything you say...
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#35 Apr 13, 2012
SW are you and randy having fellowship in a home church? Do you sing songs of praise, take communion and pray? Or do you sit at home on the computer and tell others that their time with God is sinful because it is in a building different from your home??

Get real buddy, if you are going to talk the talk, you should also be walking the walk.

I have no serious problem with your position on church but you should doing something about it. I mean, you want to bind you belief on others as gospel truth and yet you are not even following your own advise...

Location hidden

#36 Apr 13, 2012
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am not a Methodist. Secondly the sinners prayer is very biblical.
9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed:‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’
13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said,‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’
14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
HAHAHA! Bobby you are funny. You think THIS is the so-called "sinner's prayer"? Come on now Bobby, not even you believe that. There's no comparison. This guy wasn't praying to Jesus for salvation, like the "sinner's prayer" does. As a matter of fact, Jesus related the story, and he hadn't even been crucified yet, so how was this guy praying to Jesus? That's too funny Bobby. This has to be one of the weakest attempts yet at explaining the "sinner's prayer". Try again buddy. The "sinner's prayer" is man-made, not Biblical. Sorry. You crack me up, though.

Location hidden

#37 Apr 13, 2012
Bobby wrote:
SW are you and randy having fellowship in a home church? Do you sing songs of praise, take communion and pray? Or do you sit at home on the computer and tell others that their time with God is sinful because it is in a building different from your home??
Get real buddy, if you are going to talk the talk, you should also be walking the walk.
I have no serious problem with your position on church but you should doing something about it. I mean, you want to bind you belief on others as gospel truth and yet you are not even following your own advise...
Oh praise Allah! Bobby is a fortune-teller now and a psychic, for he see me in my home from miles away! Woe is me! I am undone! Bobby has caught me! Too funny Bobby. Keep'em coming, you're cracking me up.
walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#38 Apr 13, 2012
<quoted text>
Not afraid WIL. Just cannot commit to something I can’t make sense of. If we allow some error, as you and Booby said is in every Church ( and your prob right ) then this leads to a form of Universalism. Its pretty much is “unity in diversity” to the max degree. Surely, there must be a stopping place; the curve God grades on. All I am asking is for someone to show me from the Bible where such a line is drawn. The Bible condemns false teaching, so how can we say God accepts this.
Randy you have more knowledge of scripture then most Preachers/Pastors/Elders/Presb yters/Reverends/Priests!

The Jews who were still practicing food restrictions were not being beat down or tossed out the door, yet we know that those practices are no longer in effect per Paul's clear teachings.

The Apostles in Jerusalem seem to still be practicing Jewish traditions if for no other reason then to keep the peace. Where were they shown the door?

If someone teaches Jesus is not the Christ or not God and man then it is a tossing event. Lets let God do the winnowing of the chaff.

If it is a sin to you, don't do it, music etc. Where it clearly states something then believe it, if there is some doubt then allow the Spirit of God to speak to you and follow the spirit of the Law.

be merciful to others, and forgive them there debts and God will do the same because he says he will.

Fellowship in a home if you don't believe in dedicated buildings. Just spend time with God dwelling on the things of God.

No matter how perfect your knowledge you will find over time your mind will change on some topics of study. My views are different then they were 3 years before I started this process.

What we also see in part we will one day see in full.

God visit a indoor pool, get someone you live near who is in the faith who would baptize you for the reasons you see needing to be baptized for and just do it.

You already believe Jesus is God and has entered his kingdom, something you have in common with the Thief on the cross and the centurion Cornelius, they both believed as best as they knew how to.

Location hidden

#39 Apr 13, 2012
walkinginlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Randy you have more knowledge of scripture then most Preachers/Pastors/Elders/Presb yters/Reverends/Priests!
The Jews who were still practicing food restrictions were not being beat down or tossed out the door, yet we know that those practices are no longer in effect per Paul's clear teachings.
The Apostles in Jerusalem seem to still be practicing Jewish traditions if for no other reason then to keep the peace. Where were they shown the door?
If someone teaches Jesus is not the Christ or not God and man then it is a tossing event. Lets let God do the winnowing of the chaff.
If it is a sin to you, don't do it, music etc. Where it clearly states something then believe it, if there is some doubt then allow the Spirit of God to speak to you and follow the spirit of the Law.
be merciful to others, and forgive them there debts and God will do the same because he says he will.
Fellowship in a home if you don't believe in dedicated buildings. Just spend time with God dwelling on the things of God.
No matter how perfect your knowledge you will find over time your mind will change on some topics of study. My views are different then they were 3 years before I started this process.
What we also see in part we will one day see in full.
God visit a indoor pool, get someone you live near who is in the faith who would baptize you for the reasons you see needing to be baptized for and just do it.
You already believe Jesus is God and has entered his kingdom, something you have in common with the Thief on the cross and the centurion Cornelius, they both believed as best as they knew how to.
Good post!
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#40 Apr 13, 2012
SeekingWanderer wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHA! Bobby you are funny. You think THIS is the so-called "sinner's prayer"? Come on now Bobby, not even you believe that. There's no comparison. This guy wasn't praying to Jesus for salvation, like the "sinner's prayer" does. As a matter of fact, Jesus related the story, and he hadn't even been crucified yet, so how was this guy praying to Jesus? That's too funny Bobby. This has to be one of the weakest attempts yet at explaining the "sinner's prayer". Try again buddy. The "sinner's prayer" is man-made, not Biblical. Sorry. You crack me up, though.
salvation always comes by grace through faith no matter which side of the cross. what does the word justified mean? The man claimed to be a sinner and he went home justified before God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hell is a lie Fri Jesus Saves Everyone 10
Catholics (Feb '14) Fri Mike_Peterson 2,000
“Thus Saith Johnny” (Jul '12) Thu Barnsweb 121
Identifing the Early Church Dec 24 Jesus Saves Everyone 425
How does the Spirit teach? Dec 24 Jesus saves everyone 5
5 Acts of Worship: The error of The Church of C... (Sep '11) Dec 23 Jerry Taylor 274
Sexy Massage Service 00971567675758 Dec 22 IceBlue1985 3
Martinsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Martinsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Martinsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:05 pm PST