First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bible Talk

Paris, France

#1 Jun 9, 2013
If you are not saved feel free to study what the bible says on the matter.

http://www.soulwinning.info/tracts/how_to_be_...
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#2 Jun 10, 2013
Kenneth?:-)

Nice cut and paste, but not the whole truth.

Rather than being 'indepentent' Bible Churches, why not be DEPENDENT upon the Doctrine of God as taught by the Son of God and His actual disciples/apostles who knew what He taught?

At least believe whatever He taught and commanded in Matthew and John.
William

Talladega, AL

#3 Jun 10, 2013
What he taught in Matthew-John deals with the law, not grace. He isn't even preaching to us.

"I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." - Matthew 15:24

And that ain't none of us living today.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#4 Jun 11, 2013
William, that's a patently false statement. We all know the fondness of John 3:16, and that is not about Israel or the Law, but the love of God in Christ Jesus. And yes, He's teaching us today through their testimony of His words that lead to eternal life as much as He was teaching those original disciples.

Now go and do as Luke and Paul said - learn what you are to be instructed in as a disciple of Jesus Christ! At least believe why Luke said he wrote his account. The life and teaching and fulfilled prophecy and promises of God given through His only begotten Son should be your manner of life if you are a 'Christian', as the definition of Scripture of what a 'Christian' is can be directly shown to be a 'disciple' of Jesus Christ. What's a disciple? Who did Jesus say were His disciples? Are disciples not students and followers who learn from Him?

As God said,'Hear Him.'
William

Birmingham, AL

#5 Jun 11, 2013
"We all know the fondness of John 3:16, and that is not about Israel or the Law, but the love of God in Christ Jesus."

Jesus must've forgotten to tell Nicodemus that he died for his sins, was buried, and resurrected for his justification there in John 3. Slip his mind?

There is no salvation in John 3:16, despite what the Gideons tell us.
Bible Talk

Paris, France

#6 Jun 11, 2013
William wrote:
"We all know the fondness of John 3:16, and that is not about Israel or the Law, but the love of God in Christ Jesus."
Jesus must've forgotten to tell Nicodemus that he died for his sins, was buried, and resurrected for his justification there in John 3. Slip his mind?
There is no salvation in John 3:16, despite what the Gideons tell us.
Perhaps you are right, there is no salvation in John 3:16 since Jesus never gave us the scriptures in verses. When you remove the verses and look at the whole teaching of Jesus on life in the kingdom you see the cross was not neglected. Salvation is definitely mentioned in the teaching as well.

No one has gone to heaven except the Son of Man, who came from heaven.
"As Moses lifted up the snake on a pole in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up.
Then everyone who believes in him will have eternal life."
God loved the world this way: He gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life.
God sent his Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but to save the world.
Those who believe in him won't be condemned. But those who don't believe are already condemned because they don't believe in God's only Son.
This is why people are condemned: The light came into the world. Yet, people loved the dark rather than the light because their actions were evil.
People who do what is wrong hate the light and don't come to the light. They don't want their actions to be exposed.
But people who do what is true come to the light so that the things they do for God may be clearly seen.
Bible Talk

Paris, France

#7 Jun 11, 2013
William wrote:
What he taught in Matthew-John deals with the law, not grace. He isn't even preaching to us.
"I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." - Matthew 15:24
And that ain't none of us living today.
"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."

That is from John's gospel. Are we not included as part of the whole world? We know that Jesus was not speaking only of the present when these words were said because the Lord bust open the graves and freed the saints upon his death. We also know from elsewhere in scripture that this teaching of Jesus was applied to the Gentile church. There is only one salvation and one way to accept that salvation. Belief in Jesus is for the Jew as well as the Gentile and the basis of salvation.
Bible Talk

Paris, France

#8 Jun 11, 2013
Study the word and you will be blessed, my friend. My track above will help to explain it. You will see the world in a different light when your eyes are opened.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

#9 Jun 11, 2013
Hey Bible Talk, do you realize that the track and website you've promoted here are so harsh that you could pass for a Texas style coc preacher?

In your version everyone is lost besides the "community churches" or non-denominational folks.

TO ALL POSTERS:
I've had a thought the last two days. Let me share with you. Much has been made in this forum over "the one true church" idea. Between churches of Christ, RCC, orthodox, etc. Many of us here reject that idea. Several here accept it.

Out in the religious world, how many believe that? Actually, I think it's most. Here's why. If you belong to those 6 or so groups, you most likely absolutely believe it. But if you don't, here's a test- if you're a Baptist or Methodist or Pentecostal: do you really care where someone goes to church or not? After all, if salvation can be found anywhere, why does it matter where someone else goes?

My friend at work has a son-in-law who is a music minister at a large freewill Baptist church. He cannot recommend someone go anywhere else because they are "in error". This guy doesn't like Calvinism-although he's a 3 or 4 point Calvinist himself!

If salvation can be found despite what group we assemble with, what reason do we have to be zealous for our groups-other than keep the money rolling in and have a bigger congregation?

I contend that the sectarian spirit is stronger than anyone will acknowledge.
William

Lilburn, GA

#10 Jun 11, 2013
There was salvation in John 3 for believing Israel. But it wasn't based on the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

That would have been rather odd for Jesus to have preached that to Nicodemus, since he was standing right there in front of him, don't you think? Maybe that's why he didn't preach it.
Bible Talk

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Jun 13, 2013
William wrote:
There was salvation in John 3 for believing Israel. But it wasn't based on the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.
That would have been rather odd for Jesus to have preached that to Nicodemus, since he was standing right there in front of him, don't you think? Maybe that's why he didn't preach it.
John 3 is salvation for all. 1 John talks of being born again just as John 3 and that is certainly after Jesus died and was raised. I have never heard anyone, not even cults claim two plans of salvation. Are you church of Christ or from the Armstrong church? They take a lot of liberty with scripture. I would be interested in knowing what group you are from.
Bible Talk

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Jun 13, 2013
William

Birmingham, AL

#13 Jun 13, 2013
You're quoting from a website that also tells people that if they make certain hand gestures and listen to rock and roll music that they are going to hell?
William

Birmingham, AL

#14 Jun 13, 2013
Here is the link to that homepage:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/

David J. Stewart sounds like somebody who seriously needs a hobby. Maybe even 2 or 3.
Bible Talk

UK

#15 Jun 13, 2013
William wrote:
You're quoting from a website that also tells people that if they make certain hand gestures and listen to rock and roll music that they are going to hell?
So? Is that a problem?
Bible Talk

UK

#16 Jun 13, 2013
William wrote:
Here is the link to that homepage:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/
David J. Stewart sounds like somebody who seriously needs a hobby. Maybe even 2 or 3.
I bet it is better than your website. You never answered as to what church you were from. Cat got your tongue.
Barnsweb

Lewis Center, OH

#17 Jun 14, 2013
Wow - KJV only's?:-)

My dear friend, please do get an Aramaic English New Testament, and also read it. The KJV is only as good as what it was translated from - and it was translated from perverted texts - at least the NT. And Jesus nor the apostles used the seventies text for the OT, but did use the Hebrew.

You may also want to look up your verse about salvation 'will' vs 'should'. It's a significant difference in meaning.

onediscipletoanother.org
aent.org
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#18 Jun 14, 2013
Bible Talk wrote:
Study the word and you will be blessed, my friend. My track above will help to explain it. You will see the world in a different light when your eyes are opened.
The Bible explicitly says how your eyes will be opened and how you will know Jesus.

And it happened that, while he was with them at table, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them.
With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him, but he vanished from their sight.
Then the two recounted what had taken place on the way and how he was made known to them in the breaking of the bread.
Bible Talk

France

#19 Jun 14, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Wow - KJV only's?:-)
My dear friend, please do get an Aramaic English New Testament, and also read it. The KJV is only as good as what it was translated from - and it was translated from perverted texts - at least the NT. And Jesus nor the apostles used the seventies text for the OT, but did use the Hebrew.
You may also want to look up your verse about salvation 'will' vs 'should'. It's a significant difference in meaning.
onediscipletoanother.org
aent.org
I would venture to say you were saved using the KJV as were most people visiting this forum. If that be the case is your salvation flawed? I would also venture to say more have been saved using the KJV than than the Aramaic English New Testament. You might even agree with that statement.
Bible Talk

France

#20 Jun 14, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible explicitly says how your eyes will be opened and how you will know Jesus.
And it happened that, while he was with them at table, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them.
With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him, but he vanished from their sight.
Then the two recounted what had taken place on the way and how he was made known to them in the breaking of the bread.
So what is the meaning of those verses? That we will recognize him by the way he breaks bread? God must open our eyes to him sometimes more than once.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Identifing the Early Church 1 hr Mike_Peterson 219
Catholics (Feb '14) 9 hr Bobby 1,996
Sola Scriptura (Jun '13) Dec 10 Mike_Peterson 157
Queen Mother-Ever Virgin Dec 10 Mike_Peterson 109
“Thus Saith Johnny” (Jul '12) Dec 8 Ernie 116
Unlicensed contractor allowed to work and conti... Dec 7 Amazing 2
Hard Passages: Matthew 16: 13-19 Dec 6 Mike_Peterson 98
Martinsville Dating
Find my Match

Martinsville People Search