Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#21 Jun 13, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
We should notice that it comes from a catholic source, so that must mean it is correct, right? I did not read it though. My point is that I do not trust anything that comes out of the mouth of a catholic when it comes to truth about scripture- it will almost always be twisted.
Not doctrine just a joke how different denominations hate each other because of SS.

Ask William and the other guys. I bet it will be okay to laugh a little.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#22 Jun 13, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not doctrine just a joke how different denominations hate each other because of SS.
Ask William and the other guys. I bet it will be okay to laugh a little.
To bad we can't discuss the authority of the scriptures. Of course if we all accepted tradition without scripture there would no more need for dissension, I suspect this is why catholics stay away from biblical authority.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#23 Jun 13, 2013
The Catholic Church has the Authority over scriptures, because Jesus said so. It is profitable for teaching. The Church teaches it.

What else do you want to discuss?

“Hail Mary, Full of Grace”

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#24 Jul 4, 2014
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in the Canon in the NT is inspired because the CC infallibly said it was.
Okay you seem to be an expert on Catholic theology. Please show me an infallible statement by a Pope that is wrong. Factually wrong.
Not an authoritative statement, or a dogma, or a doctrine but an infallible statement.
The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth. Do you believe that statement from the Bible? Whoever hears her hears me?
Every Christian since 382 AD has believed The Bible is the inerrant and inspired written word of God, profitable for teaching.
Where in the inspired words of God, does it say a book is the pillar and foundation of truth.
Bible + Tradition + the Magisterium = the CC = The fullness of the truth.
Did you know, other than the canonization of Saints, there have only been 2 infallible statements by Popes in history.
The others have come out of Councils, agreed to by the Vicar of Christ.
As I glance through these post the ignorance of those outside of the Church is astounding. You are right it is Bible + Tradition + the Magisterium = the CC = The fullness of the truth. From my talks with outsiders of the Church I see a lack of knowledge of History from Protestant brethren. Hear me right I said brethren as I count any baptized sinner in grace but lack the fullness of truth.

Location hidden

#25 Jul 4, 2014
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
To bad we can't discuss the authority of the scriptures. Of course if we all accepted tradition without scripture there would no more need for dissension, I suspect this is why catholics stay away from biblical authority.
No you are wrong. The Church upholds scripture but not scripture only. The Church do not stay away from biblical authority who told you this? We gave you the bible.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#26 Jul 4, 2014
“The Lord himself affirms that Baptism is necessary for salvation,”(CCC 1257).
“Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation,”(CCC 846).
“This sacrament of Penance is necessary for salvation for those who have fallen after Baptism, just as Baptism is necessary for salvation for those who have not yet been reborn,”(CCC 980).
“The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation,(CCC 1129).
“Service of and witness to the faith are necessary for salvation,”(CCC 1816).
“The authority of the Magisterium extends also to the specific precepts of the natural law [i.e., 10 Commandments, CCC 2070], because their observance, demanded by the Creator, is necessary for salvation,”(CCC 2036).

Are you as a Catholic able to keep all the requirements that the Roman Catholic Church says are necessary for salvation? We both know you can't.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#27 Jul 4, 2014
If you go to confession, then that means you are not keeping the law perfectly; otherwise, you would not need to go to confession. So, the very fact that you go to confession demonstrates you're not able to live up to the standard of God's requirement.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#28 Jul 4, 2014
Gal. 3:10, "For as many as are of the works of &#65279;&#65279;the Law are under a curse; for it is written,'&#65279;&#652 79;Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law.'”
James 2:10, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all."

God's standard is perfect. We are not. This is why we need to trust Jesus alone, so that we are justified by faith. What about you? Are you doing that? Or, are you trusting in Jesus and your ability to keep the Law?

Do you think you are saved or do you know that you are saved?

There is a way to know.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#29 Jul 4, 2014
"Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law." (Rom. 3:28).

"For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness." (Rom. 4:3).

"But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness," (Rom. 4:5).

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ," (Rom. 5:1).

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God;" (Eph. 2:8).

However, in Roman Catholicism, justification by faith is denied.

How are you going to satisfy the demands of the Law without complete faith and trust in the free gift of God?

Location hidden

#30 Jul 4, 2014
I concur with every verse you posted on here. Anyone of the Church will. What you not understanding is more is taut that this. You leave out the sacraments
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#31 Jul 5, 2014
Peter_Williams wrote:
I concur with every verse you posted on here. Anyone of the Church will. What you not understanding is more is taut that this. You leave out the sacraments
The crazyBartholomew F. Brewer. He applied to the Discalced Carmelites, a strict monastic order. He received training of "four years of high school seminary, two years in the novitiate, three years of philosophy, and four years of theology (the last after ordination)." He was ordained to the Roman Catholic priesthood at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception of Mary in Washington, D.C. He eventually served as a diocesan priest in San Diego, California and entered the Navy as a Roman Catholic chaplain.

Upon questioning Rome's Beliefs, "At first I did not understand, but gradually I observed a wonderful change in mother. Her influence helped me realize the importance of the Bible in determining what we believe. We often discussed subjects such as the primacy of Peter, papal infallibility, the priesthood, infant baptism, confession, the mass, purgatory, the Immaculate Conception of Mary, and the bodily assumption of Mary into heaven. In time I realized that not only are these beliefs not in the Bible, they are actually contrary to the clear teaching of Scripture." (pp. 21-22)
Relying on works. He left the Roman Catholic Church, got married and through conversations with his wife and other Christians, "I finally understood that I had been relying on my own righteousness and religious efforts and not upon the completed and sufficient sacrifice of Jesus Christ. The Roman Catholic religion had never taught me that our own righteousness is fleshly and not acceptable to God, nor that we need to trust in his righteousness alone ... during all those years of monastic life I had relied on the sacraments of Rome to give me grace, to save me." (p. 25)

The crazy thing about this is that the sacraments nor rome themselves cannot save you either! You are looking for love in all the wrong places.

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#32 Jul 6, 2014
And God himself is obliged to abide by the judgment of his priest and either not to pardon or to pardon, according as they refuse to give absolution, provided the penitent is capable of it.(Liguori, Duties and Dignities of the Priest, p.27)

The pretend power of RCC.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#33 Jul 6, 2014
Peter_Williams wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are wrong. The Church upholds scripture but not scripture only. The Church do not stay away from biblical authority who told you this? We gave you the bible.
The church is not upholding scripture when they blatantly go against the scripture.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Notice it does not say Christ Jesus and...
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#34 Jul 6, 2014
Two men died upon the cross, only one was saved... Why?

Both Cain and Able offered sacrifices- only one of them was accepted...Why?

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#35 Jul 6, 2014
Bobby wrote:
If you go to confession, then that means you are not keeping the law perfectly; otherwise, you would not need to go to confession. So, the very fact that you go to confession demonstrates you're not able to live up to the standard of God's requirement.
You think?? Wow!! Catholics sin. You do know more than the Church and the Popes and even Jesus on this one.

I guess Jesus was still dazed from his Crucifixion when he gave the Church the Keys and all the authority and specifically the sacrament of confession before he ascended. I bet Jesus got a real talking to his Father for that.

Location hidden

#36 Jul 6, 2014
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
The church is not upholding scripture when they blatantly go against the scripture.
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,
Notice it does not say Christ Jesus and...
Christ is our one mediator/intercessor, yet, St. Paul commands all Christians to be intercessors/mediators. Then notice the first word in verse five:“For there is one God and one mediator…” And then in verse seven he says,“For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle.” What is an apostle if not a mediator? The very definition of apostle, according to Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, is “a delegate, messenger, one sent forth with orders.” That’s an essential part of what a mediator is. In short, St. Paul says we are all called to be mediators because Christ is the one mediator and for this reason he was called to be a mediator of God’s love and grace to the world!

The Bible also declares:“But you are not to be called Rabbi, for you have one teacher,(Gr.– didaskolos) and you are all brethren.” This text cannot be any clearer, yet James 3:1 and Ephesians 4:11 tell us we have many teachers (Gr.– didaskoloi) in the Church. The key is to understand that the many teachers and mediators in the body of Christ do not take away from Christ as the one teacher and mediator because they are, in a sense, Christ on this earth and they serve to establish his offices of teacher and mediator in him. As members of the body of Christ graced with a specific task by Christ they can say with St. Paul in Galatians 2:20,“It is not I, but Christ who [teaches] in me…”

Location hidden

#37 Jul 10, 2014
People of this discussion board why do you think Catholics want to defeat the Bible as the only authority?

>>> it is their way of trying to justify their own traditions <<<

Seriously, they have no way to justify their false teachings so they have no choice but go past the word of God.

Furthermore, the reason Catholics try to discredit the Bible as the sole authority is because it plainly and forcefully condemns their doctrines.

To save Mikes own soul he can not use the bible to back his many false teachings. He prays no doubt to what he calls a sinless Mary yet no bible for such a teaching so where does he get such nonsense from. From Rome.

Luke 11:27-28 says, "And it happened, as He spoke these things,

>>> a certain woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You <<<

But He said,!!! Na, not that, but blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it !!!

Location hidden

#38 Jul 10, 2014
Calvins Corner wrote:
People of this discussion board why do you think Catholics want to defeat the Bible as the only authority?
>>> it is their way of trying to justify their own traditions <<<
Seriously, they have no way to justify their false teachings so they have no choice but go past the word of God.
Furthermore, the reason Catholics try to discredit the Bible as the sole authority is because it plainly and forcefully condemns their doctrines.
To save Mikes own soul he can not use the bible to back his many false teachings. He prays no doubt to what he calls a sinless Mary yet no bible for such a teaching so where does he get such nonsense from. From Rome.
Luke 11:27-28 says, "And it happened, as He spoke these things,
>>> a certain woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You <<<
But He said,!!! Na, not that, but blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it !!!
I was saved, I am being saved and I hope to be saved one day. Everything I need to be saved is from the Bible and and administered thru the sacraments by the successors to the Apostles.

Did you know that whether you have a Marian devotion or not will not save you? It will make your relationship with Jesus much closer .

If a man truly loves his wife's mother, do you think that will make you closer to your wife. Of course.

If you call your wife's mother just an incubator, will your wife take offense?

Location hidden

#39 Jul 10, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was saved, I am being saved and I hope to be saved one day. Everything I need to be saved is from the Bible and and administered thru the sacraments by the successors to the Apostles.
Did you know that whether you have a Marian devotion or not will not save you? It will make your relationship with Jesus much closer .
If a man truly loves his wife's mother, do you think that will make you closer to your wife. Of course.
If you call your wife's mother just an incubator, will your wife take offense?
I am sure you mean well my friend but your Church simply is apostate. Your way of salvation is a slippery slope of works laced with sacraments that have no meaning to me nor can be found in the word of an apostle. Repent and turn from Mary and embrace the Lord Jesus Christ Who gave His Life that you can live eternally. Works and sacraments will not pave the way to heaven. Jesus already paved the way with His blood and His risen Life
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#40 Jul 10, 2014
Peter_Williams wrote:
<quoted text>
As I glance through these post the ignorance of those outside of the Church is astounding. You are right it is Bible + Tradition + the Magisterium = the CC = The fullness of the truth. From my talks with outsiders of the Church I see a lack of knowledge of History from Protestant brethren. Hear me right I said brethren as I count any baptized sinner in grace but lack the fullness of truth.
"As I glance through these post the ignorance of those outside of the Church is astounding."

I agree, you should get right with God based on the word of God not that of the pope. You guys are in the wrong church and you are ignorant of it.

Anyone can play that dumb game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How does the Spirit teach? 6 hr Fred 14
Answering the Church of Christ Jan 29 Mike_Peterson 13
you guys on here ar to blame Jan 28 Ernie 15
Lee Gilley shooting.... Jan 22 worriedfriend 1
rapture? Jan 22 Anonymous 3
Catholics (Feb '14) Jan 20 Mike_Peterson 2,111
Johnny paying millions to bisexual (Mar '11) Jan 20 ANONYMOUS 34
Martinsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web