First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1 Mar 22, 2013
Years ago, the Pentecostals were all into the “holy laughter” revival and craziness that was going on in Florida. I actually know some people who got entangled in this stuff and still are. Its making a comeback and many are following right into its deception.

I have seen on Facebook one local Church of God assembly doing a “butt dance”, a comedy act supposedly, that involved teenage girls. The youth Pastor came up with the idea and filmed it and posted it on Facebook. This was disgraceful and not at all what the Church is about. Just when I think things can’t get any crazier, on Facebook comes this new thing called “The Harlem Shake.” For those unaware of this, Google “Harlem Shake in Christian worship.”

Thankfully, my family [who are Pentecostals] see this as nonsensical behavior and do not have no part in it. However, many Pentecostals are buying into this madness.

9:30 – Break
Friday
3/22/2013
William

Birmingham, AL

#2 Mar 22, 2013
Another Sunday morning clown show disguised as religion. All they want is to be entertained.
New Guy

Grayson, KY

#3 Mar 22, 2013
A man at work recently asked me if I had seen or heard of people laughing in the Spirit. I had heard of it, but it does seem to be making a comeback. It scared my friend at work. He said it sounded evil and demonic.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 22, 2013
This is probably where I’m going side with Johnny and other hardliners. If somebody doesn’t speak up and confront this nonsense, these groups will get worse. I don’t think it’s necessary to name call or belittle someone but this kind of stuff does need addressed and shown to be false teaching. I wholeheartedly believe things like this must be confronted but done so per 2 Timothy 2:24:“The Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.”

12pm – Lunch
Friday
3/22/2013
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#5 Mar 22, 2013
People want to belong, people want to see the WOW of God. Because of those two factors they can get themselves into some strange situations.

Is it from demons, I doubt it. Is it from the spirit I doubt it, considering Paul's teaching on order in the meetings of waiting your turn etc.

As for being entertained, anytime you shake the Preachers hand and say GOOD PREACHING Preacher XYZ, you have been entertained since there are no man made temples in the New Testament built by the church that belongs to Jesus Christ.
New Guy

Grayson, KY

#6 Mar 22, 2013
JesusCreed wrote:
This is probably where I’m going side with Johnny and other hardliners. If somebody doesn’t speak up and confront this nonsense, these groups will get worse. I don’t think it’s necessary to name call or belittle someone but this kind of stuff does need addressed and shown to be false teaching. I wholeheartedly believe things like this must be confronted but done so per 2 Timothy 2:24:“The Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.”
12pm – Lunch
Friday
3/22/2013
Agree.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#7 Mar 22, 2013
Whitman

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Mar 23, 2013
randy have you drank the kool aid.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#9 Mar 26, 2013
Funny video's, glad that building has nothing special associated with it, except the value man made religion has assigned to it.

Those who are offended that The Lord's Temple has been tarnished should realize that man made temples are not of God but are of man since the Spirit of God came to dwell in man.
New Guy

Morehead, KY

#10 Mar 26, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
Funny video's, glad that building has nothing special associated with it, except the value man made religion has assigned to it.
Those who are offended that The Lord's Temple has been tarnished should realize that man made temples are not of God but are of man since the Spirit of God came to dwell in man.
Amen. By the way, if you think that's funny, just wait till I put in the pole for our special "pole dancing for Jesus" night at our church. Maybe I can get the old folks to do the Harlem Shake while we are at it. Illegalists gone wild!!!!!!
Just joking folks. I've got quite a few laughs outta that one since good ol' JR mentioned it. Told my friend at work that I've been witnessing to about it-he didn't think too highly of it. Some people don't appreciate the coc manner. I don't know why ;)
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#11 Mar 26, 2013
Some of my best friends are from the church of Christ, preachers included and they are quick to disassociate themselves from Johnny's sect.

Whitman just an FYI, EVERYONE has drank the Koolaide! The entire man made temple system with single controlling preacher is all of man speaks of control more them following the pattern. At this point I don't really see that system going away, except Islam destroying the man made temples or the liberals passing gay marriage that will in turn see churches having to go underground and getting rid of the buildings to avoid legal actions when they don't allow those "marriages" to take place in their temples.
New Guy

Morehead, KY

#12 Mar 26, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
Some of my best friends are from the church of Christ, preachers included and they are quick to disassociate themselves from Johnny's sect.
Whitman just an FYI, EVERYONE has drank the Koolaide! The entire man made temple system with single controlling preacher is all of man speaks of control more them following the pattern. At this point I don't really see that system going away, except Islam destroying the man made temples or the liberals passing gay marriage that will in turn see churches having to go underground and getting rid of the buildings to avoid legal actions when they don't allow those "marriages" to take place in their temples.
I can see all of these things happening in our lifetimes. When it does, will we see whether or not people truly believe?
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#13 Mar 27, 2013
New Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see all of these things happening in our lifetimes. When it does, will we see whether or not people truly believe?
You will see those who have already lost their way completely accepting gay marriage but those who have already have put away God's word for their own ideas.

Those who are willing to suffer will see a large part of their groups fall away, those who leave because it's no longer entertaining and or "meeting their needs" will flock to the false church temples that still exist. And once the sword of Islam starts to fall they will quickly convert.

Those who are true believers will have remain underground and revert back to the system used in the first century to limit their danger of discovery. Yet those same people will seek to keep the light burning so that every man has a chance to decide to follow the narrow way.

As for it happening in this lifetime, I can't say, though the storm could break quickly enough to see the beginning in our lifetime. I will say I see God's hand all over the blinding of the left to the danger of Islam.

Islam will destroy any religious site and construct one of their own man made temples in it's place, but it will still be a man made religion.

This is all based on simple connection of the current dots or reading the signs of the times.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#14 Mar 27, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
<quoted text>
You will see those who have already lost their way completely accepting gay marriage but those who have already have put away God's word for their own ideas.
Those who are willing to suffer will see a large part of their groups fall away, those who leave because it's no longer entertaining and or "meeting their needs" will flock to the false church temples that still exist. And once the sword of Islam starts to fall they will quickly convert.
Those who are true believers will have remain underground and revert back to the system used in the first century to limit their danger of discovery. Yet those same people will seek to keep the light burning so that every man has a chance to decide to follow the narrow way.
As for it happening in this lifetime, I can't say, though the storm could break quickly enough to see the beginning in our lifetime. I will say I see God's hand all over the blinding of the left to the danger of Islam.
Islam will destroy any religious site and construct one of their own man made temples in it's place, but it will still be a man made religion.
This is all based on simple connection of the current dots or reading the signs of the times.
That is the way I see it. In fact with today's technology, we are probably already being tracked. We might even be on a large data list somewhere that identifies us as christians without regard to denominational affiliation. I wonder if the threads here are being used to watch us. Will there be anywhere for us to hide-go underground? What I mean is, the government already knows how much money we have and how/where we spend it. From what I understand all new cars are now being equipped with tracking devices. What do you think?
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#15 Mar 27, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the way I see it. In fact with today's technology, we are probably already being tracked. We might even be on a large data list somewhere that identifies us as christians without regard to denominational affiliation. I wonder if the threads here are being used to watch us. Will there be anywhere for us to hide-go underground? What I mean is, the government already knows how much money we have and how/where we spend it. From what I understand all new cars are now being equipped with tracking devices. What do you think?
I think you are both right. The cell phones we use have tracking devices. Google earth can show exactly where you live, even showing your car in the driveway. I have used it-kinda creepy. Stores keep our info for commercial uses. Unemployment offices have records of all the jobs you have held. Thinking that these very threads are being stored away for use shouldn't be a shock to anyone.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#16 Mar 27, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in information Technology, yes we all are being tracked. Those who think they are hidden on the internet are mistaken.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#17 Mar 27, 2013
I heard the Starbucks CEO on the radio yesterday saying that if people didn't like his company's stand for gay marriage they could sell all of their stock and put it somewhere else. I see things like this as one way the "mark of the beast" idea is fulfilled-not being able to participate in economic activity unless willing to accept abominable practices.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#18 Mar 27, 2013
So we are all probably on the list of right wing extremists already. Yay! All we need is the Don't Tread on Me flag.
abc

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Mar 27, 2013
Randy_Craiger wrote:
Did the guy in the first video pretend to sprinkle a stuffed animal?
nobody

Winder, GA

#20 Mar 27, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to play around with this as much as I could. Foxfire has an add on(Collusion) that showed potential trackers and they do in fact track you. I have an ad block on topix now but when I didn't I noticed I would search for something and them whatever it was I searched for, an ad for that would pop up on topix. Not every time but a lot more than was just chance. We are being tracked on the internet, no doubt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thomas jefferson edwards (Apr '16) Oct '16 NUKS67 3
THE CHILDREN of THE GOD MOST HIGH (May '14) Oct '16 randy 5
Martinsville Seven - The Martinsville Curse (Mar '10) Oct '16 Santiago Ramey 10
Nickname of Stick Oct '16 A friend 1
Easter Auto Sales (Feb '12) Oct '16 donnawyattreed 9
Dawn Mills Oct '16 Alan Nolan 1
Worship vs Service (Sep '10) Oct '16 Openbook7 7

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance