Splitting the Body of Christ
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Mike Peterson

United States

#121 May 30, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
That's baloney Mike. I was listening to the news when the new pope was being voted in. The talk was that maybe this new pope would do something to crack down on the abuse of alter boys. You know there is a problem there and you, like all the others just want to sweep it under the rug and act like it does not exist. Celibacy has no value anyway-just obey the laws of the land and live righteous lives. Instead of placing men on a pedestal, put the Lord on his throne and honor him.
It is Ridiculous to think that the Church has done nothing for the last 11 years since the peak of the scandal. Do you really believe that? And you trust yourself to interpret the Bible for you salvation?

http://2647.2.ecatholicwebsites.com/documents...

What has your Church done. I know you don't know. Go ask the your Pastor.

Wait just give me the url of your Church, I will check and see if they have a child abuse policy. If they don't what are they hiding.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#122 May 30, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Ridiculous to think that the Church has done nothing for the last 11 years since the peak of the scandal. Do you really believe that? And you trust yourself to interpret the Bible for you salvation?
http://2647.2.ecatholicwebsites.com/documents...
What has your Church done. I know you don't know. Go ask the your Pastor.
Wait just give me the url of your Church, I will check and see if they have a child abuse policy. If they don't what are they hiding.
Trust me, I know what goes on in our church. We require background checks for everyone of us in the ministry. We also have high level security systems in place along with several local police officers on duty anytime we have church services or other types of events going on. We have not had a problem since I have been there. Well, we did have a young man who was disrupting the services, he was subdued and taken out-never did find out what that was all about, even though I witnessed it.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#123 Jun 1, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, I know what goes on in our church. We require background checks for everyone of us in the ministry. We also have high level security systems in place along with several local police officers on duty anytime we have church services or other types of events going on. We have not had a problem since I have been there. Well, we did have a young man who was disrupting the services, he was subdued and taken out-never did find out what that was all about, even though I witnessed it.
That's good.

What is your ministry?

Why do you need police officers in your services? The larger Catholic Churches use them for traffic control.

Are you one if those 6 Flags of Jesus communities? Starbuck coffee cup holders built into the Chairs?
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#124 Jun 1, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good.
What is your ministry?
Why do you need police officers in your services? The larger Catholic Churches use them for traffic control.
Are you one if those 6 Flags of Jesus communities? Starbuck coffee cup holders built into the Chairs?
Ours officers do traffic control also and they are actual members of our church- it is their ministry to our church.

As for your rant on starbucks coffee, I do not drink coffee or tea, water works for me. No, we don't do that in our church, but I would not condemn others who do. Personally I would not like it.

our church does a lot of ministry for children, from infants on up to college age. There are many different ways we use to reach children. I don't mean to brag on our church but we know that the devil is out to destroy the family unit and to steal our kids, so we focus a lot on giving the kids a reason to love the church and enjoy being there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church of Christ rules and principles (Apr '13) 14 min Barnsweb 288
'Bible Study' Group 23 hr Bible Study 2
Yamato closing to make way for new PIT STOP str... Jul 26 Godlovesyou 3
Johnny Robertsonís church of Christ (Feb '13) Jul 25 Barnsweb 157
Catholics (Feb '14) Jul 25 Mike_Peterson 2,795
Some Protestants Jul 21 Barnsweb 17
Poll Do you pray? Jul 17 Religious Freedom 0
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages