FAITH v RELIGION

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

It is true we no longer follow the laws in the old testament, but, the same principals still apply. In:

Exodus 20:4-6

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

----------
Religion will not get you to Heaven, however faith will. Having a relationship with God is most important. It doesnt mean if you are a church goer you will go to Heaven, If you want to go to Heaven you make sure that you keep yourselves pure and holy, for no unclean thing will ever enter Heaven as God tells us in the Bible. We ourselves is the church. Pray that you are all well. God bless you. xox Jesus loves you all and so do I.xox It is not His will for us to perish, but to spend eternal life. If you ask why He's mean, I tell you the truth He is not a mean Father, We are the ones who sentence ourselves to eternal death. Remember our Creator is a loving God, and He is also a 'Just" God. Seek Him in truth and in Spirit and He will reveal to you many things.

Matthew 11:28-30

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the same thing but he sure exposes the weaknesses of the rcc. Did you notice the time line chart showing when new heresies were instituted.
There is the www.bibleca website which is a legalist coc site which does a pretty good job of doing the same thing. If they are with us against the catholics I can't complain.
I never felt like that before Mike arrived on the scene, he has turned me against them.
I've not changed my opinion of low end prots one iota. I've been around folks like you two all my life. You have dogmas, rites, rituals and traditions but without a clue where they originated. Some of you won't use musical instruments yet you all sing songs written by Methodists, Baptists, Anglicans and Catholics. Your worship spaces look identical to Baptists. You wear special clothing for church services. You ignore history, literature, art and architecture. You think Matthew, Mark, Luke and John would feel right at home in your churches especially when the tiny cups of Welchs are passed around. You believe your Bible to be the inerrant Word of God yet deny the men who decided what's contained in that Bible made no mistakes. And you are ok with some of those books which were in your Bible for a 1000 plus years being removed. You even use a language that is barely understood today. Kyrie eleison.

Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Bobby wrote:
William, most Catholics hate the evangelical doctrine of salvation by Grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone. It seems to be their most hated group. Many other churches also teach salvation through some vague system of works which is what the entire catholic dogma is centered on, so they feel they have more hope of converting them.
That doctrine was man made in the 1500s and not in the Bible.

To the church a protester is a protester. The Evangelicals protest other protestants more than Jesus' church. The Church are not fond of any because they ignore the prayer of unity Jesus made. They divide Christ.

The world ignores Protestantism now because of the complete disunity among them.

So far the candidates for Presidents that in the next election are all Catholics, at least by identity, except for Hillary.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the same thing but he sure exposes the weaknesses of the rcc. Did you notice the time line chart showing when new heresies were instituted.
There is the www.bibleca website which is a legalist coc site which does a pretty good job of doing the same thing. If they are with us against the catholics I can't complain.
I never felt like that before Mike arrived on the scene, he has turned me against them.
Why do you have to obey William. I like the websites you pick out. I know he is only looking out or you though.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

mopman wrote:
Who cares. You Prots cant agree on SS but want to say we are the ones wrong.
Seems to me there would be no need for purgatory if catholics agreed with their own doctrine. You guys should be spending your time cleaning up your own mess in your own back yard.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
I've not changed my opinion of low end prots one iota. I've been around folks like you two all my life. You have dogmas, rites, rituals and traditions but without a clue where they originated. Some of you won't use musical instruments yet you all sing songs written by Methodists, Baptists, Anglicans and Catholics. Your worship spaces look identical to Baptists. You wear special clothing for church services. You ignore history, literature, art and architecture. You think Matthew, Mark, Luke and John would feel right at home in your churches especially when the tiny cups of Welchs are passed around. You believe your Bible to be the inerrant Word of God yet deny the men who decided what's contained in that Bible made no mistakes. And you are ok with some of those books which were in your Bible for a 1000 plus years being removed. You even use a language that is barely understood today. Kyrie eleison.
Amen. Christe eleison.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Hey catholics, listen to yourselves! You are elevating yourselves above everyone else. The pharisees say "god look at me and see how wonderful I am", I am not like those sinners over there. Luke 18

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

Catholics say, but god we created the bible, don't talk to us like that or we will remove you from your throne.

You guys use the word grace but have no idea what it means.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Bobby wrote:
Hey catholics, listen to yourselves! You are elevating yourselves above everyone else. The pharisees say "god look at me and see how wonderful I am", I am not like those sinners over there. Luke 18
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.
Catholics say, but god we created the bible, don't talk to us like that or we will remove you from your throne.
You guys use the word grace but have no idea what it means.
You are welcome back into the Church Jesus started anytime. Don't wait too long.

Show the world that you are in one in Christ like him and his followers are.

Don't be lured by that emergent church you have joined.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome back into the Church Jesus started anytime. Don't wait too long.
Show the world that you are in one in Christ like him and his followers are.
Don't be lured by that emergent church you have joined.
See, you just did it again. Let me translate your catholic speak. You are lost and on your way to hell unless you become a catholic. This describes perfectly the luke 18 passage.

The pharisees say "god look at me and see how wonderful I am", I am not like those sinners over there.

I do not consider myself to be part of the emergent church even though I believe they are better choice than catholicism.
Dave P

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you just did it again. Let me translate your catholic speak. You are lost and on your way to hell unless you become a catholic. This describes perfectly the luke 18 passage.
The pharisees say "god look at me and see how wonderful I am", I am not like those sinners over there.
I do not consider myself to be part of the emergent church even though I believe they are better choice than catholicism.
Let me also translate. Christe eleison and Kyrie eleison are "Christ have mercy/Lord or God have mercy" in Greek. They use it in their chants and litergies. We can use english to convey the same idea.
William

Opelika, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Sounds like a Travis Tritt song.
Dave P

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Travis Tritt can team up with the RCC cavalry. New top hits include:

"Lord have mercy on the protestant man".

And mopman's new favorite:

"Here's a quarter; who cares?"

"C-A-T-H-O-L-I-C"

And many others. Act now and get your bonus copy free!
William

Anniston, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

I bet I can rework "Country Club" if'n I put my mind to it.
Dave P

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

William wrote:
I bet I can rework "Country Club" if'n I put my mind to it.
I was trying to but couldn't get it. We could have fun with that.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

While driving home from Columbus we listened to Mass on the radio...wanted to hear for myself what was being said. Actually, there wasn't much I had any disagreement with except the groveling about how sinful they were, that they called on dead saints and Mary to pray for them - they did petition God first, and secondly request the added prayers of the dead, and most questionable was it seemed they equated eating the bread to be a literal 'Christ in us', that this is what is required to 'be in Christ'.

I'd just encourage them to see what Jesus really said about the matter - it isn't just about the bread, but more importantly about His word and Spirit.

Jesus never taught 'grace alone', or 'faith alone', or for that matter 'Eucarist alone':-)

Look at what He DID teach. That's what needs to be done - abide in and keep His words that lead to eternal life. If the Torah was incapable to impart life, the same situation is not said for His words.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me also translate. Christe eleison and Kyrie eleison are "Christ have mercy/Lord or God have mercy" in Greek. They use it in their chants and litergies. We can use english to convey the same idea.
FYI you are such an idiot. Chances are 99% you will only hear those words in Greek sung in a prot church or at a Mozart or Verdi concert. Chances are 100% you have never heard of either Verdi or Mozart. First time I heard them was in a Methodist church LOL.
Dave P

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08714a.htm

Chances are 100% I got my info from your own source.
Chances are 100% I can recognize Greek when I read it (I can read Greek-that's good for such an idiot :p ).

Chances are high that one day you may hear this because of your attitude and disposition- John 8:44.

You should 100% remain on the RCC evangelistic committee.

Chances are 100,000% that I'll say: Goodbye junior.
William

Alexander City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

"Hey Torqemada! Whaddaya say!"

"No no no! Nay nay nay!"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dave P wrote:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathe n/08714a.htm
Chances are 100% I got my info from your own source.
Chances are 100% I can recognize Greek when I read it (I can read Greek-that's good for such an idiot :p ).
Chances are high that one day you may hear this because of your attitude and disposition- John 8:44.
You should 100% remain on the RCC evangelistic committee.
Chances are 100,000% that I'll say: Goodbye junior.
THANKS for proving my point yet again. In America, the "Kyrie" is heard in English or around the world in the local venacular in every Catholic Church at every Mass with rare exception. Since it dates from at least the 2nd Century one has to wonder why a group claiming to be the real and original, the CofC, doesn't use it!
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
While driving home from Columbus we listened to Mass on the radio...wanted to hear for myself what was being said. Actually, there wasn't much I had any disagreement with except the groveling about how sinful they were, that they called on dead saints and Mary to pray for them - they did petition God first, and secondly request the added prayers of the dead, and most questionable was it seemed they equated eating the bread to be a literal 'Christ in us', that this is what is required to 'be in Christ'.
I'd just encourage them to see what Jesus really said about the matter - it isn't just about the bread, but more importantly about His word and Spirit.
Jesus never taught 'grace alone', or 'faith alone', or for that matter 'Eucarist alone':-)
Look at what He DID teach. That's what needs to be done - abide in and keep His words that lead to eternal life. If the Torah was incapable to impart life, the same situation is not said for His words.
Every word of the Bible is his written word, taking in context. You are completely right the Bible is never this OR that.

IT is this AND that. You are saved by faith. Faith wihout works is dead.

You have saved by baptism

If you eat my flesh and drink my blood I will raise you up on the last day and you will have eternal life.

It is amusing the BW is going to encourage the Church, the one Jesus started and that is 2000 years and who has had hundreds of thousands of great Theologians study the bible, on the Doctrine of Barnsweb.

Coming out of Jesus' mouth.

* Jesus said to them,“I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst.

The Jews murmured about him because he said,“I am the bread that came down from heaven,”
and they said,“Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph? Do we not know his father and mother? Then how can he say,‘I have come down from heaven’?”v
Jesus answered and said to them,“Stop murmuring* among yourselves.

The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying,“How can this man give us [his] flesh to eat?”
Jesus said to them,“Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats* my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

As a result of this, many [of] his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Martinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Martinsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Martinsville