Since: May 10

Location hidden

#81 Jun 12, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't show the prophecy of the Bible in the Bible. It doesn't exist.
The Bible is 100% the Sacred Written Tradition of the Catholic Church. It is only by the CC you have, and you have accepted it, the Bible which is the inerrant and inspired word of God.
Protestants did not contribute anything to the creation of it.
Go back and read what you claimed and find that in the bible. Ill go slower. Ill repost what you said so you dont have to go back.

Location hidden

#82 Jun 12, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is 100% the Sacred Written Tradition of the Catholic Church. It is only by the CC you have, and you have accepted it, the Bible which is the inerrant and inspired word of God.
Mike Peterson wrote:

That is why he left us a Church and not a book. That is why he left us Authority and not every man for himself.
The Bible is proficient for teaching. It is the inerrant and inspired written word of god created by the Church to help her teach.

Please tell us where the bible says that the written word was created by the church. HINT its not there.

The bible does say where the written word of God did come from However.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#83 Jun 12, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text> Go back and read what you claimed and find that in the bible. Ill go slower. Ill repost what you said so you dont have to go back.
The answer to your post is the same.

The Bible is 100% the Sacred Written Tradition of the Catholic Church. The Bible is not mentioned in the Bible so I cant use that. I use history.

It is only by the CC you have, and you have accepted it, the Bible which is the inerrant and inspired word of God. Since the Bible is not in the Bible, we have to use History. The Bible was created in AD 382 by bunch of Catholics.

Protestants did not contribute anything to the creation of it. Once again since, Protestantism didn't exist for 1100 years after the Bible was created , so they did not contribute anything.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#84 Jun 12, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the bible is not scripture? Or, are you saying that the written tradition is scripture?

Heck if written tradition is scripture, then every ancient civilization has it's own scripture.

Rom 10:3 Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. In other words they become their own god.

You have nothing on the Mormons they believe that one day they will become a god over their own planet-that is if they can earn the right with their own righteousness. You know, sorta like purgatory...

Location hidden

#85 Jun 12, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to your post is the same.
The Bible is 100% the Sacred Written Tradition of the Catholic Church. The Bible is not mentioned in the Bible so I cant use that. I use history.
It is only by the CC you have, and you have accepted it, the Bible which is the inerrant and inspired word of God. Since the Bible is not in the Bible, we have to use History. The Bible was created in AD 382 by bunch of Catholics.
Protestants did not contribute anything to the creation of it. Once again since, Protestantism didn't exist for 1100 years after the Bible was created , so they did not contribute anything.
If the Church as you think goes against the written word of God which do you follow? Can the Church go against the written word of God?????
mopman

United States

#86 Jun 12, 2013
Who cares.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#87 Jun 12, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Church as you think goes against the written word of God which do you follow? Can the Church go against the written word of God?????
It is impossible for the CC to do that. The CC created the Bible 350 years after it Jesus started it and has not changed its teaching on faith and morals or 2000 years.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#88 Jun 12, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the bible is not scripture? Or, are you saying that the written tradition is scripture?
Heck if written tradition is scripture, then every ancient civilization has it's own scripture.
Rom 10:3 Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. In other words they become their own god.
You have nothing on the Mormons they believe that one day they will become a god over their own planet-that is if they can earn the right with their own righteousness. You know, sorta like purgatory...
The decision on what scriptures were the inspired and inerrant word of God is Catholic Tradition.

The Apostles, Jesus, or scriptures did not tell us what should be in the Bible. The Church did.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#89 Jun 12, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The decision on what scriptures were the inspired and inerrant word of God is Catholic Tradition.
The Apostles, Jesus, or scriptures did not tell us what should be in the Bible. The Church did.
Well, it is coming down to God not playing much of a role, he just wasted his time, inspiration means nothing. This makes it easier for each generation of rcc to change the tradition to match the desires of the new pope.

The OT says "I the LORD do not change".

And the NT says "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever".

But you guys being co-mediatrix have the authority to change anything you want.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

#90 Jun 12, 2013
I don't doubt that the church hasn't changed its stance on faith and morals. It has changed other doctrines since then- that's why they say "faith and morals"- because other doctrines aren't necessarily considered either.

It also hasn't lived up to its moral calling for most of its history; and the "faith" that hasn't changed doesn't match up with the book they falsely claim to have written.

I am convinced that RCC is a fulfillment- not the only one- of Mystery Babylon, the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth. It is the fulfillment of 1 Timothy 4.

3 ideas that partially define a cult:
1. Additional info or scriptures needed to explain the Bible.

2. Human leader providing additional guidance or new revelation.

3. Believes things that change the divinity or humanity of Jesus.

One true church also another characteristic. Salvation by works also a possibility.

If we want to start getting technical, several groups could fall into this category. The legalistic coc has been called a cult by many; I would say that in some cases that is borderline correct to absolutely correct. Other cases not at all. LDS, SDA, JW all get called that from time to time. A few brave souls out there make the case that catholicism is in the same class.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#91 Jun 12, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it is coming down to God not playing much of a role, he just wasted his time, inspiration means nothing. This makes it easier for each generation of rcc to change the tradition to match the desires of the new pope.
The OT says "I the LORD do not change".
And the NT says "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever".
But you guys being co-mediatrix have the authority to change anything you want.
Of course the council that decided the canon was led by the HS, just like the Cardinals who selected the new Pope.

In the areas of Faith and Morals the Church has never changed. You can read the early Church fathers and see that.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#92 Jun 12, 2013
Dave P wrote:
I don't doubt that the church hasn't changed its stance on faith and morals. It has changed other doctrines since then- that's why they say "faith and morals"- because other doctrines aren't necessarily considered either.
It also hasn't lived up to its moral calling for most of its history; and the "faith" that hasn't changed doesn't match up with the book they falsely claim to have written.
I am convinced that RCC is a fulfillment- not the only one- of Mystery Babylon, the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth. It is the fulfillment of 1 Timothy 4.
3 ideas that partially define a cult:
1. Additional info or scriptures needed to explain the Bible.
2. Human leader providing additional guidance or new revelation.
3. Believes things that change the divinity or humanity of Jesus.
One true church also another characteristic. Salvation by works also a possibility.
If we want to start getting technical, several groups could fall into this category. The legalistic coc has been called a cult by many; I would say that in some cases that is borderline correct to absolutely correct. Other cases not at all. LDS, SDA, JW all get called that from time to time. A few brave souls out there make the case that catholicism is in the same class.
There is a difference between doctrine and dogma and discipline.

Dogma: "The deposit of faith" (1 Tim. 6:20; 2 Tim. 1:14) is made up of the entire revelation of Jesus Christ to the Church both in Doctrine and Morals.

A dogma is a truth revealed by God, and as such is proposed by the Magisterium of the Church as necessary for belief. A person remains a Catholic in good standing only if he accepts in its entirety the full revelation of the Faith in its integrity. Dogmas because they are divinely revealed cannot change.

Doctrine: is the compilation of all the teaches of the Catholic Church. That includes those teachings which are necessary as well as those which are not essential to the complete integrity of the Faith. Also included in this category of revelation is the concept that there are dogmas which have yet to be defined, i.e., clarified, officially by the Church.

Doctrine differs from dogma in that it can be disputed and speculated upon until such time that it is officially defined by the Magisterium of the Church. For instance, the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception (When Mary was conceived without the stain of original sin in the womb of her mother Saint Ann) was speculated about and discussed for many centuries before Pope Pius IX explicitly defined it as a dogma for belief by all the faithful. St. Thomas Aquinas had, in fact, argued both for and against the possibility of the Immaculate Conception in his own writings.

Discipline: Any rule, regulation, law and direction set down by the authority of the Church for guiding the faithful toward the perfection of the Gospel in their own lives and the life of the Church as a whole.

The discipline of the Church is the one area that has most effective power over the faithful. This is the place where we feel it the most because this area is subject to change and is the most visible reflection of our every day faith. Examples of disciplinary customs and regulations would be; abstaining from meat on Friday, married clergy, communion in the hand, altar-girls, saying the Mass in Latin or the vernacular, the obligation to go to Mass on designated Holy Days, etc.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#93 Jun 12, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the council that decided the canon was led by the HS, just like the Cardinals who selected the new Pope.
In the areas of Faith and Morals the Church has never changed. You can read the early Church fathers and see that.
I was just wondering, did the early rcc have problems with pedophiles?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#94 Jun 12, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just wondering, did the early rcc have problems with pedophiles?
Bobby: You are fixated on pedophilia. Do you have some memories from your childhood you are dealing with or something? Here is that website again if you need some help.

http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#95 Jun 12, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby: You are fixated on pedophilia. Do you have some memories from your childhood you are dealing with or something? Here is that website again if you need some help.
http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm
No, I am fixated on your errors. If the rcc cannot solve it's internal problems with sin at high levels then you will sure enough need purgatory to work your way to heaven-if that were possible and it ain't. Your one true perfect church with all the correct doctrine is not the one true church, it is not perfect and has false doctrine everywhere I look.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...
William

Sylacauga, AL

#96 Jun 12, 2013
Oh I hate that Jesus Is Savior site. That guy is all over the map with everything.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#97 Jun 12, 2013
William wrote:
Oh I hate that Jesus Is Savior site. That guy is all over the map with everything.
I thought the same thing but he sure exposes the weaknesses of the rcc. Did you notice the time line chart showing when new heresies were instituted.

There is the www.bibleca website which is a legalist coc site which does a pretty good job of doing the same thing. If they are with us against the catholics I can't complain.

I never felt like that before Mike arrived on the scene, he has turned me against them.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#98 Jun 12, 2013
His conclusion was the same as mine.

What will be the next invention?
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#99 Jun 12, 2013
William, most Catholics hate the evangelical doctrine of salvation by Grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone. It seems to be their most hated group. Many other churches also teach salvation through some vague system of works which is what the entire catholic dogma is centered on, so they feel they have more hope of converting them.
mopman

United States

#100 Jun 12, 2013
Who cares. You Prots cant agree on SS but want to say we are the ones wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How does the Spirit teach? 10 hr Mike_Peterson 167
What Does Johnny Robertson Say 15 hr Note 44
water baptism debate 19 hr Mike_Peterson 5
Have Johnny Robertson and his COC been defeated? (Jan '13) Feb 23 Mike_Peterson 343
What shows up in a background check? (Dec '13) Feb 20 Ben 3
How can i get a copy of my background check? (Nov '13) Feb 20 Diamond 4
Does Johnny Robertson have terminal Cancer? (Oct '09) Feb 12 mek 8
Martinsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:29 pm PST