what

Chicago, IL

#41 May 19, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a Troll?
Yes or
NO
Are you aware that you have denied acknowledging that Jesus is your redeemer?

Yes or no?
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#42 May 19, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
Try this. Walk through the doors of a 12th cathedral or small parish church. Look to your right and then left. Look up. Then look straight ahead. Now tell me you don't believe in one holy, catholic and apostolic church. Now walk into a 12th century CofC...oh wait there aren't any!
Folks, Mark is practicing in his amen corner.
what

Mesquite, NV

#43 May 19, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Folks, Mark is practicing in his amen corner.
Matthew, Chapter 10, 33: But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Is Jesus your redeemer?

Yes or No?
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#44 May 21, 2013
Matthew 18:

15If your brother* sins [against you], go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother.
* i If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that ‘every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.’
j If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church.* If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.

What Church are you going to tell?
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#45 May 21, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
Matthew 18:
15If your brother* sins [against you], go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother.
* i If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that ‘every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.’
j If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church.* If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.
What Church are you going to tell?
You make a good argument and I would agree with you except you think anyone who is not a catholic has no connection the Christ's church-WRONG!
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#46 May 21, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a good argument and I would agree with you except you think anyone who is not a catholic has no connection the Christ's church-WRONG!
What church will you go tell? That is just an easy question? Who has the authority to settle differences between you and somebody else.

You still have not given me a clear history of how you think the Bible was create BTW
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#47 May 21, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
What church will you go tell? That is just an easy question? Who has the authority to settle differences between you and somebody else.
You still have not given me a clear history of how you think the Bible was create BTW
That is because the only answer you will accept comes from the catholic catechism. In other words they (the catechism) tells you what you must believe and demands that you deny anything any individual or outside source which is not in full agreement with it.

So, I can't possibly be right unless I agree with you.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#48 May 21, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because the only answer you will accept comes from the catholic catechism. In other words they (the catechism) tells you what you must believe and demands that you deny anything any individual or outside source which is not in full agreement with it.
So, I can't possibly be right unless I agree with you.
ur
I will accept you answer if you have one. Unless you say the Church that Jesus started, I will not agree it. You think the Church is the community of all believers. So you cant say Church because the community of believers all believe something different. You can't say the Bible because the the Bible says the Church has the authority to settle disputes. It is a tough one,I agree.

Jesus tells me to believe through the his Church. Whoever hears my church hears me. The Church is the pillar and foundation. of Truth. He didnt say whoever reads a book hears me. The church says that. They created the Bible.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#49 May 21, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>ur
I will accept you answer if you have one. Unless you say the Church that Jesus started, I will not agree it. You think the Church is the community of all believers. So you cant say Church because the community of believers all believe something different. You can't say the Bible because the the Bible says the Church has the authority to settle disputes. It is a tough one,I agree.
Jesus tells me to believe through the his Church. Whoever hears my church hears me. The Church is the pillar and foundation. of Truth. He didnt say whoever reads a book hears me. The church says that. They created the Bible.
That's right Mike, I need the only true catholic church to interpret the bible for me using man made tradition not found in the bible.
Dave P

Versailles, KY

#50 May 21, 2013
I never really noticed until lately how much the hardline coc and RCC have in common...

Which one is the "right" one? LOL. Let the battle begin. I'd like to see Mike and Heath go to war on this topic. Or good ol' JR.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#51 May 22, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right Mike, I need the only true catholic church to interpret the bible for me using man made tradition not found in the bible.
You are right and wrong. The Bible was interpreted when it was created by the CC. The Bible itself said obey the Traditions of the Apostles. he Church is the pillar and foundation of the truth. The only Church for 1500 years was the CC, therefore Jesus started the CC.

So yes you do need the Catholic Church.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#52 May 22, 2013
Dave P wrote:
I never really noticed until lately how much the hardline coc and RCC have in common...
Which one is the "right" one? LOL. Let the battle begin. I'd like to see Mike and Heath go to war on this topic. Or good ol' JR.
That will be easy. COC started in 1800 by a man. No history for 1800 years. Show me his Church documents.

Catholic Church started by Jesus. We have records going back to the beginning.

The early Christians were Catholic proven by history. There is no history of an COC member until 1800.

Heath said Jesus planted a seed and the COC grew from it 1800 years later. Of the the Church of Christ in the Philippines said it took 1914 years to germinate.

It is easy when you have 2000 years of Truth behind you.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#53 May 22, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right and wrong. The Bible was interpreted when it was created by the CC. The Bible itself said obey the Traditions of the Apostles. he Church is the pillar and foundation of the truth. The only Church for 1500 years was the CC, therefore Jesus started the CC.
So yes you do need the Catholic Church.
Didn't Paul say that?:-) He also said 'my gospel';-)

I'll trust Jesus to tell me the truth - Paul couldn't even do what he told others to do. No small wonder Jesus wrote the first epistle to a group of people where Paul was preaching.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#54 May 22, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
That will be easy. COC started in 1800 by a man. No history for 1800 years. Show me his Church documents.
The early Christians were Catholic proven by history. There is no history of an COC member until 1800.
Heath said Jesus planted a seed and the COC grew from it 1800 years later. Of the the Church of Christ in the Philippines said it took 1914 years to germinate.
Dang - we must all be destined to be LDS since they're being baptized for the dead so we can all be Mormons in the afterlife:-)
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#55 May 22, 2013
At least the CoC tells the truth on the promise of God found in Acts 2. All they need now is to open their eyes to Acts 3. That would be wonderful:-)
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#56 May 22, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not the eternal truth?;-)
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#57 May 22, 2013
Dave P wrote:
Dave, I am so glad you see that, I have been showing that connection here for a long time.
Dave P

Versailles, KY

#58 May 22, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a tea partier demanding to see Obama's birth certificate. Papers, papers! Documents!

I told you already-all the documents, all the history you want to show, even a trail leading back to Pentecost-it doesn't matter. Christian history goes back way before Pentecost. Spiritual pride and arrogance says "we are the ones, and have documentation to prove it!" It got the Jews dispersed throughout the world, Jerusalem and the temple destroyed. It will lead to the destruction of the soul.

2000 years of truth? That idea is constantly being exposed as false here by many posters.

The only "papers" Christians need to have is the indwelling Spirit. He isn't within you-2000 years of "history", or a trail leading back to Pentecost isn't going to do you any good.
Dave P

Versailles, KY

#59 May 22, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, I am so glad you see that, I have been showing that connection here for a long time.
Bobby, in my lengthy conversation with one of my elders at church Sunday, he pointed out the exact same thing. It takes being exposed to both to be able to see it.

That's another issue I have-how many of us truly speak from experience when we discuss things here? If we haven't been around groups and their teaching, can we really have a clear view of what they believe?
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#60 May 22, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not the eternal truth?;-)
That is given. The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth.
Jesus said he would protect his Church until the end of times. Eternal? Yep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 2 hr Mike_Peterson 1,139
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 7 hr gwsbadass 1,360
How can i get a copy of my background check? (Nov '13) Mon Louis Hawkins 3
Are there any free people finder/background che... (Oct '13) Mon Asiagirl 3
Indictments issued Sep 26 shannonsmith 1
Why are ... Sep 25 satoshi 1
Sola fide? Sep 24 William 77

Martinsville Jobs

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Martinsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Martinsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]