Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Oldfield told a viewer that a woman who leaves an abusive husband and divorces him, can't remarry.

James Oldfield, you saying that a woman who gets out of abusive relationship can't have happiness with another man who treats her like a real wife?

Oldfield is saying a woman has to stay with an abusive husband or lose her salvation.

James Oldfield you are a hateful and graceless and compassionless little man.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Olethros wrote:
Oldfield told a viewer that a woman who leaves an abusive husband and divorces him, can't remarry.
James Oldfield, you saying that a woman who gets out of abusive relationship can't have happiness with another man who treats her like a real wife?
Oldfield is saying a woman has to stay with an abusive husband or lose her salvation.
He is correct. If a woman leaves her husband and marries another, she and whom she married are cursed with the sin and punishment of adultery. And if they have children they too carry that curse upon them.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

If its a sin it's not unforgivable.

Christ's blood covers all sin.

God doesn't carry curses down on children like that anymore.

A woman saved by Christ who marries, divorces and remarries is still going to Heaven.

Since: Jul 12

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

God USED to carry curses down on children? wow
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Olethros wrote:
If its a sin it's not unforgivable.
Christ's blood covers all sin.
God doesn't carry curses down on children like that anymore.
A woman saved by Christ who marries, divorces and remarries is still going to Heaven.
You are wrong and deceived.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
God USED to carry curses down on children? wow
Still does.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Olethros wrote:
They do "allow" for the woman abused to seek a safe place meaning she can "leave" the "situation." However, since no adultery occurred she is not permitted to divorce him. She can "leave" him just not divorce him. This is what they teach.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

And parents still have limitless freedom to beat their children for anything they feel like and the children are not allowed to leave either? Have any of you been on the receiving end of a real abusive parent or spouse? If you had, you wouldn't be talking like a raving idiot to say Jesus didn't uphold Moses' allowing for divorce.

In Math. 19 He clarifies this commandment was not for everyone.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

All of this discussion reading the same bible. Ridiculous. Not authority results is chaos.

Great example guys.
eugene

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Where in Math. 19 does Jesus clarify his commandment was not for everyone.
They brought it up Jesus answered in simple terms.
He never said oh but this aint for every body just those who can do it
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Eugene, you can read it as well as I can. Put two and two together. The sum of His word is truth. Jesus upheld what Moses wrote on it, but put limitations on it (divorce). It is men and the accuser of the brethren that twist things out of bounds and proportions God established. Y'shua clearly said the commandment was only for those able to keep it. Not everyone is able. God has made a window of escape that a believing spouse of child might escape that which could kill their body or soul.

Having been there myself, I used to think protecting the abuser from the law or eldership was my expected duty, but now I know better, as I've been taught by the Master, not the abuser.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

So, we're back under the law now, thanks to some semi-literate CoC preacher?

LMAO!
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
So, we're back under the law now, thanks to some semi-literate CoC preacher?
LMAO!
Gods righteous standard never changes. Jesus addressed the divorce issue as BW mentioned. Paul's teachings in Corinthians mirror those of Jesus. Have you missed the entire purpose of the law? And of the Holy Spirit?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
All of this discussion reading the same bible. Ridiculous. Not authority results is chaos.
Great example guys.
what do you say, or im sorry what does the church say
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you say, or im sorry what does the church say
For legal reasons, for monetary support, for the safety of the family etc, a Catholic can get a civil divorce. That does not end the marriage if your were married in the Church. You are still married.

If you get remarried outside the Church, you are committing adultery.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
For legal reasons, for monetary support, for the safety of the family etc, a Catholic can get a civil divorce. That does not end the marriage if your were married in the Church. You are still married.
If you get remarried outside the Church, you are committing adultery.
Canon Law provides for a process of annulment of a marriage. It is complicated, time consuming, and not always granted. I hate to say it but it seems to help if your last name is Kennedy or you are Henry VIII.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Mark, that was just mean...

The parameters Catholics use have some very good reasoning to them. I looked into it over a decade ago. Have you studied what their viewpoints are?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Barnsweb wrote:
Mark, that was just mean...
The parameters Catholics use have some very good reasoning to them. I looked into it over a decade ago. Have you studied what their viewpoints are?
I make it a practice of ignoring everything you post but this is just too juicy. Have I studied "their" viewpoints? LOL You are such an effing nutjob. The Kennedys get annulments quickly without hassle and at least one annulment, after 12 years of marriage and 2 children, has been reversed. But then maybe it was Henry VIII's annulment of his marriage to that woman from Aragon that ticked you off since it has resulted in 30,000 prot denominations.

Since: Jul 12

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

I can't speak for Christianity, but I can tell you what logic says about marriage and divorce.

Promising to do something "forever" is an unrealistic request of anyone. No one can see what their future will bring - no one can know what marriage is like until they actually get married. Are you doomed to stand by a decision you regret? Of course not and so, divorce is the way to take it back. It's cruel to force a person to honor a decision they regret - life is about learning as you go along.

Marriage, the promise to God and Marriage, the legal contract are SO different. Why isn't there a decent way to discuss them as if they were two seperate entities?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
I can't speak for Christianity, but I can tell you what logic says about marriage and divorce.
Promising to do something "forever" is an unrealistic request of anyone. No one can see what their future will bring - no one can know what marriage is like until they actually get married. Are you doomed to stand by a decision you regret? Of course not and so, divorce is the way to take it back. It's cruel to force a person to honor a decision they regret - life is about learning as you go along.
Marriage, the promise to God and Marriage, the legal contract are SO different. Why isn't there a decent way to discuss them as if they were two seperate entities?
So you are OK with folks who divorce and remarry 5-6-7 plus times with children all over the place? Unlike most prot denominations the Catholic Church requires those seeking marriage in the Church undergo extensive instruction. In times past the Banns of Marriage were even posted on the church doors and announced from the ambo. To borrow from another cliche...if you can't do the time don't do the crime!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Martinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••