Jesus' words only teaching, HRM
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#21 Sep 5, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Half lies, half truth. At least you're consistently inconsistent!
Jesus is true, and He didn't give Paul a new gospel. In fact, Paul was not the 'apostle to the gentiles', Peter already claimed to have this from Jesus.
How about opening your eyes once in a while?
Didn't say Jesus gave Paul a new gospel. Simply put again, to believe much of what you promote, much of orthodox Christian beliefs are compromised and jeopardized. I am presenting this JWO guy in his own words to show this point off. You may not agree 100% with him, but you do on much.

Most people on seeing this guys teaching will reject it after deliberation. The deity of Christ issue is enough for much- and it clouds everything else he says. His entire doctrine becomes suspect.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#22 Sep 8, 2013
I didn't see "Jesus' Words Only" at any point questioning the 'deity of Christ' as you charge here. You'll need to show me where you get this or recant the charge - if you're being honest.

Many throughout history have noted the differences taught by Jesus Christ and then looking at what was taught by Paul. To believe Paul about the Law being nailed to the cross, the law being the cause of his sin, the law bringing death and not life, the law being given to Moses by angels and being a curse to the Jews... there is no way to reconcile these teachings to Jesus Christ - who is the Word made flesh.

So if some churches, made up of many members, if they concur that Paul taught the gospel - if they base the gospel account they believe - upon what Paul said that disagrees or is confrontational with Jesus - what else can be their end, but to be 'cut off' as noted in Acts 3:22,23? Numbers don't make it so, the largest Church on earth cannot save anyone. The fact is Jesus said the pathway is narrow that leads to life, and few there are who find it. He also said those who follow Him will find in Him the light to the pathway that leads to life eternal. He is the light - not Paul.
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#23 Sep 8, 2013
http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/topicindex/189-...

Go read this link and the other topics about christology for yourself.
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#24 Sep 8, 2013
At the end of the day Paul compliments, not contradicts, Jesus if you let his words speak for themselves. As the old saying goes,"If you see a contradiction in the Bible, the problem is you, not the Bible".
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#25 Sep 8, 2013
Hence, "dwelt" as John used it meant that God's presence was dwelling in Jesus as God did in the Jerusalem Temple.“The word became flesh and tabernacled among us”(John 1:14) means God dwelt in Jesus (not that Jesus lost any identity as a human being or was God Himself). God thereby took upon Himself human flesh and lived/dwelled on planet earth inside of Jesus.

"Not that Jesus was God Himself".

Straight from the link that I just posted for the second time.
Dave P

Olive Hill, KY

#26 Sep 8, 2013
Hence, the verse John 1:14 speaks of an INDWELLING presence of the Word (the One and Only) in Jesus rather than Jesus Himself being pre-existent apart from the Father, constituting the Logos, and Himself as Logos becoming flesh. The verse is clear -- the "WORD" became flesh, and that flesh was Jesus. It is not that Jesus was begotten as the Word at some distinct time in the past, and then the Word became Jesus in the flesh. No, it is the Word became flesh -- the flesh of Jesus. A very different meaning than normally assumed.

As an introduction to this topic, I wish to emphasize that a correct Christology says Jesus is Divine due to the indwelling presence of the Father in Jesus.(John 14:10)("Father..dwells in me.") While I dearly love Jesus, and worship / do homage to him as King-Messiah appointed over me, a correct Christology must reject as violative of the First Commandment to say Jesus alone is God-the-Son or simply "God." See our article "Exaltation that turns Idolatrous."

Simply put, Jesus is not and was not God, but God and His glory came upon or became the flesh of Jesus. Divine, but not deity. My words in this last little section.
Dave P

Olive Hill, KY

#27 Sep 8, 2013
http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/topicindex/208-...

Here's a good read as well. The ultimate end of HRM is revealed-Jesus Christ was not and is not God- simply indwelled by God. Only one God, the God of the OT. Godhead is false and idolatrous.

Bobby very well may be correct-the end result is discrediting Jesus.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#28 Sep 8, 2013
Dave P wrote:
http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/ topicindex/189-correct-christo logy.html
Go read this link and the other topics about christology for yourself.
I don't think he's much aware of the Aramaic text and errors are because he's relying too much on Greek.

We need to base our faith on being disciples of Yeshua. Nothing He spoke was that hard to understand in basic things, but there is much deep knowledge to gain from Him as well as the simple things. The issue resides on our hearing Him - whatever He said - vs whether we instead hear Paul and his disciples.

Just finished reading about the errors in Hebrews. I knew by the indicator of its saying the Law was given by angels that it was from a disciple of Paul... This is proven well that the author didn't know his scriptures or the geneology of Yeshua. Mary, His mother, was close relative to Elizebeth, who was wife to the high priest. Levitical priests could not marry outside the tribe. As such, Mary's mother had to have been fully of the tribe of Levi. Then her father was of the tribe of Judah. Since the Levitical DNA was passed on through the mother, this means Yeshua was fully of the tribe of Levi and fully of the tribe of Judah - proving He was eligible to be both Priest and King as the OT prophecies foretell. It also proves the author of Hebrews to be wrong on both the priesthood and the necessary change of Law.

Are we to heap congratulations on the CC for handing us such a pile of trash pretending to be Scripture!?
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#29 Sep 8, 2013
http://www.judaismvschristianity.com/index.ht...

Scroll down the page to the link on the book of Hebrews. Very interesting...

I don't agree with everything Scott has concluded and have written a few notes to him about what Yeshua taught specifically - that His words are for everyone - Jew and Gentile - as disciples, and that all His teachings are based on Torah, Psalms and Prophets - that this should be direction enough that the Gentiles are to also abide in His word - not just the Jews, and not just for an upcoming Kingdom - we are to be keeping them now.

It appears he also has some room to grow in his understanding. None of us is perfect, but we need to repent of things NOT true.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#30 Sep 9, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
http://www.judaismvschristiani ty.com/index.htm
Scroll down the page to the link on the book of Hebrews. Very interesting...
I don't agree with everything Scott has concluded and have written a few notes to him about what Yeshua taught specifically - that His words are for everyone - Jew and Gentile - as disciples, and that all His teachings are based on Torah, Psalms and Prophets - that this should be direction enough that the Gentiles are to also abide in His word - not just the Jews, and not just for an upcoming Kingdom - we are to be keeping them now.
It appears he also has some room to grow in his understanding. None of us is perfect, but we need to repent of things NOT true.
Jesus left us a Church to teach us what we need to know. This guy Scott is not the Church.

You are a Jesus only guy. Didn't build a Church?
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#31 Sep 9, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Methinks you might want to get started on this repenting of things not true idea. The HRM guys are giving you lots to repent of.
Dave P

Olive Hill, KY

#32 Sep 9, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he's much aware of the Aramaic text and errors are because he's relying too much on Greek.
We need to base our faith on being disciples of Yeshua. Nothing He spoke was that hard to understand in basic things, but there is much deep knowledge to gain from Him as well as the simple things.

Just finished reading about the errors in Hebrews. I knew by the indicator of its saying the Law was given by angels that it was from a disciple of Paul... This is proven well that the author didn't know his scriptures or the geneology of Yeshua. Mary, His mother, was close relative to Elizebeth, who was wife to the high priest. Levitical priests could not marry outside the tribe. As such, Mary's mother had to have been fully of the tribe of Levi. Then her father was of the tribe of Judah. Since the Levitical DNA was passed on through the mother, this means Yeshua was fully of the tribe of Levi and fully of the tribe of Judah - proving He was eligible to be both Priest and King as the OT prophecies foretell. It also proves the author of Hebrews to be wrong on both the priesthood and the necessary change of Law.
Are we to heap congratulations on the CC for handing us such a pile of trash pretending to be Scripture!?
Jesus' words only guy has problems way beyond a Greek text. His ideology has led him to deny the deity of Christ. It isn't about text; it's about being a Judaizer. Your theology is leading you to disregard a major error in one sentence.

Under your post above and his theory, Jesus truly was only a good man, a rabbi, who came to explain the law better. Once gone, keep on doing what you were doing, just do it better and like this. According to the other guy you linked us to, the blood of an innocent animal WAS good enough to atone for sin!

Then we have CSI: Jerusalem, with DNA evidence and all. From a writer we can't really trust, since Luke was Paul's puppet. You go digging through genealogies and everything else, to find something that God could have and should have told us plainly. We had an entire OT for God to tell us His Son was a mix of Judah and Levite. Yet, He never does it, instead, He is the Lion of the tribe of Judah. We have the account in Jeremiah, and Jesus's own words, that He cannot be an earthly king. He is both priest and king; yet He isn't a Levitical priest, nor is He the King of physical Israel.

God has grander designs than a tiny speck in the world's sandbox. But you are clear. Why haven't you became a Jew yet? Good luck with that rebuilding the temple thing. Don't think Muslims will go for this.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#33 Sep 10, 2013
So now I'm to hear him who utters much words but lacks the council of the Son of God for understanding?

Jesus was a Jew. I wish I were more like Him - which should be the desire of every one of His disciples. Mock Jews if you want, I'm just looking to Jesus as my Prophet, Priest, King, Teacher, Redeemer, Friend and Brother who is closer to me than any other earthly friend or brother.

Keep on mocking. It only shows your ignorance of Jesus Christ and the truth He gave directly from God the Father.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#34 Sep 10, 2013
Paul was no friend of Jesus.
William

Talladega, AL

#35 Sep 10, 2013
Barnsweb you should take a trip to Jerusalem and see if those Jews that practically live at the wailing wall accept you as a Torah-adhering Jew.

There is your litmus test to see if your righteousness exceeds that of the Pharisees.
William

Talladega, AL

#36 Sep 10, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Paul was no friend of Jesus.
Paul gloried in the cross of Christ. Peter didn't.

That's a real big clue right there.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#37 Sep 11, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
So now I'm to hear him who utters much words but lacks the council of the Son of God for understanding?
Jesus was a Jew. I wish I were more like Him - which should be the desire of every one of His disciples. Mock Jews if you want, I'm just looking to Jesus as my Prophet, Priest, King, Teacher, Redeemer, Friend and Brother who is closer to me than any other earthly friend or brother.
Keep on mocking. It only shows your ignorance of Jesus Christ and the truth He gave directly from God the Father.
Not mocking. Think:

The Mosaic covenant was renewed several times. It was never kept by anyone outside of Jesus.

We cannot live under a "renewed" covenant because God promised a change in the covenant per Jeremiah 31. God said it was not according to the one He made with the fathers coming out of Egypt. He would put His laws in their hearts and minds, and remember their sins no more. That's change; hence, not the same old covenant renewed.

If Jesus is a Levite, where's the rest of the priests? Where's the temple in which they serve? Do the purity laws for priests still have power? Why don't we or the Jews go to Jerusalem 3 times a year for the feasts? Why aren't we tithing to support the priests? We gonna honor the seventh year sabbath, or the jubilee year? Cities of refuge?

Do you have heat on during the sabbath? That's a no-no. The Mosaic covenant was between God and Israel. We have no place at that table. But just look at current situations, and the idea that the Mosaic covenant is still in effect is ridiculous.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#38 Sep 11, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Not mocking. Think:
The Mosaic covenant was renewed several times. It was never kept by anyone outside of Jesus.
We cannot live under a "renewed" covenant because God promised a change in the covenant per Jeremiah 31. God said it was not according to the one He made with the fathers coming out of Egypt. He would put His laws in their hearts and minds, and remember their sins no more. That's change; hence, not the same old covenant renewed.
If Jesus is a Levite, where's the rest of the priests? Where's the temple in which they serve? Do the purity laws for priests still have power? Why don't we or the Jews go to Jerusalem 3 times a year for the feasts? Why aren't we tithing to support the priests? We gonna honor the seventh year sabbath, or the jubilee year? Cities of refuge?
Do you have heat on during the sabbath? That's a no-no. The Mosaic covenant was between God and Israel. We have no place at that table. But just look at current situations, and the idea that the Mosaic covenant is still in effect is ridiculous.
Amen, brother.

A gospel founded on works is equal to falling from grace. Can we start in the Spirit and bring in the flesh? God forbid! Catholics have a warped theology on many levels, including “good works”.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#40 Sep 12, 2013
William wrote:
Barnsweb you should take a trip to Jerusalem and see if those Jews that practically live at the wailing wall accept you as a Torah-adhering Jew.
There is your litmus test to see if your righteousness exceeds that of the Pharisees.
Not according to Jesus, and your test is according to man. No one who is a disciple indeed can come away from Jesus with the idea that He was simply a man indwelled by the Spirit at some time later, such as at His baptism by John. "A body Thou has prepared for Me" comes to mind, as does the conception by the Holy Spirit, and the number of prophecies that identify Him as Divine and human - the Son of Man.

You keep trying to attack hearing what He had to say as valid for today as it was the day He first taught any particular doctrine. Why? If you believe in Jesus - don't you believe what He said is true? And if what He said is what you believe to be true, then how can you believe anyone else who tells you anything else on a topic if He gave clear teaching/doctrine on the topic(s)? As He said,'Why do you call Me 'Lord' and not do as I say?'

Those who fit this category - which is the Western Church from Catholics to Protestants to SDA to LDS or even CoC - worship Him in vain if they don't teach His doctrines as their commandments.

Acts 3:22,23. Moses said God was sending a Prophet like him, but that whoever will not hear whatsoever He said to us will be cut off from the brethren. I guess you don't believe Peter or Moses, and you can't believe Jesus if you don't also believe Moses.

We are to test people by God's directions to see if they speak for Him or not. Fail to obey God and you'll be ensnared by the lies of Satan and follow him to his destination - the 'whosever believeth the lie'.

You can only be set free from the lie by hearing Jesus and learning what He taught by doing it - putting it into action.

(you testify of your faith by your attacking me for His words - you should see how God might view your comments, instead of pretending what others think or 'judge' your comments to be - God is the judge, and the very words of Jesus will judge you on that day, as will your own words - we will all give answer to God.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#41 Sep 12, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to Jesus, and your test is according to man. No one who is a disciple indeed can come away from Jesus with the idea that He was simply a man indwelled by the Spirit at some time later, such as at His baptism by John. "A body Thou has prepared for Me" comes to mind, as does the conception by the Holy Spirit, and the number of prophecies that identify Him as Divine and human - the Son of Man.
You keep trying to attack hearing what He had to say as valid for today as it was the day He first taught any particular doctrine. Why? If you believe in Jesus - don't you believe what He said is true? And if what He said is what you believe to be true, then how can you believe anyone else who tells you anything else on a topic if He gave clear teaching/doctrine on the topic(s)? As He said,'Why do you call Me 'Lord' and not do as I say?'
Those who fit this category - which is the Western Church from Catholics to Protestants to SDA to LDS or even CoC - worship Him in vain if they don't teach His doctrines as their commandments.
Acts 3:22,23. Moses said God was sending a Prophet like him, but that whoever will not hear whatsoever He said to us will be cut off from the brethren. I guess you don't believe Peter or Moses, and you can't believe Jesus if you don't also believe Moses.
We are to test people by God's directions to see if they speak for Him or not. Fail to obey God and you'll be ensnared by the lies of Satan and follow him to his destination - the 'whosever believeth the lie'.
You can only be set free from the lie by hearing Jesus and learning what He taught by doing it - putting it into action.
(you testify of your faith by your attacking me for His words - you should see how God might view your comments, instead of pretending what others think or 'judge' your comments to be - God is the judge, and the very words of Jesus will judge you on that day, as will your own words - we will all give answer to God.
I don't care if you get tired hearing it or not. Jesus started 1 Church that has the Truth. Whoever does not hear the Church is not listening to Jesus according to him.

There are many on here and millions in the World who are not listening to him.

They listen to themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Are you going to audition as a Pit Stop dancer? Fri Aaron 0
Catholics (Feb '14) Fri Barnsweb 2,732
Yamato closing to make way for new PIT STOP str... Thu Yolanda 2
Some Protestants Jul 1 Mike_Peterson 12
Church of Christ rules and principles (Apr '13) Jun 29 Barnsweb 46
AD 70 Doctrine Easily Refuted Jun 28 Barnsweb 165
The Kingdom of God Jun 25 Dave P 5
More from around the web

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE