First Prev
of 10
Next Last
William

Midland, GA

#181 Nov 4, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
And exactly why the driver went to the state prison. Vehicular manslaughter, plus a DUI or DWI or whatever they charge you with being under the influence of drugs and not alcohol.
I had a high school buddy killed in a car wreck the exact same way. So yeah, I am prejudiced.

Alcohol too. I refused to fly once with a pilot who had been out drinking the night before. We just about got into a fight over it, but we didn't fly. The man thanked me later when he realized just exactly what he was about to do, which was to violate the unofficial official policy of "24 hours between bottle and throttle."

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#182 Nov 4, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't find any pictures of people holding signs to legalize weed?
<quoted text>
Figured the point would go over your head.
You're not the sharpest tool, are you?
Of course, NORML has been hard at work for many years - you're a member? Put one of those bumper stickers on your car and see how long it takes before you are searched for weed possession.
I'd show them the weed, then my doctor's rec.

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#183 Nov 5, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
I'd show them the weed, then my doctor's rec.
You are in California with a Dr. prescription for marijuana? What the hell are you complaining about? Toke it up, Chong. Then go get gay married. You're the freest person in the world.

North Hollywood, CA

#184 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
You are in California with a Dr. prescription for marijuana? What the hell are you complaining about? Toke it up, Chong. Then go get gay married. You're the freest person in the world.
I'm not sociopathic like conservatives are. I have empathy for others.
William

Cusseta, GA

#185 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL classic. You sound just like a drill sergeant.

Oceana, WV

#186 Nov 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sociopathic like conservatives are. I have empathy for others.
Most people consider me the most liberal Liberal in Liberaltown.

But my goal is to encourage people to be the best that they can be - your clear-minded activities are out-going and aggressive while your doped up activities are idle and indifferent. Things are happening - our lives are changing rapidly - we NEED to be clear-minded to seize our opportunities and to make wise decisions. I encourage people to abandon drugs, not legalize them. Your ENEMIES want to dope you up so that you will be easily controlled and used for their own purposes. Beware of what seems enticing and easy - you should focus on what is REAL and what is IMPORTANT - drugs are a distraction.

If weed is insignificant and harmless, try living your life without it for a while. See how much more you can accomplish. Drugs waste your time.

North Hollywood, CA

#187 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Most people consider me the most liberal Liberal in Liberaltown.
But my goal is to encourage people to be the best that they can be - your clear-minded activities are out-going and aggressive while your doped up activities are idle and indifferent. Things are happening - our lives are changing rapidly - we NEED to be clear-minded to seize our opportunities and to make wise decisions. I encourage people to abandon drugs, not legalize them. Your ENEMIES want to dope you up so that you will be easily controlled and used for their own purposes. Beware of what seems enticing and easy - you should focus on what is REAL and what is IMPORTANT - drugs are a distraction.
If weed is insignificant and harmless, try living your life without it for a while. See how much more you can accomplish. Drugs waste your time.
Why do you feel being a nervous rat on a wheel 24/7 is the best way to live? What about actually enjoying life? Maybe some folks might not make the most possible money they can, and actually spend some time away from the pursuit of opportunities on a couch with some friends, some weed, and some entertainment? How does locking a person for smoking weed with a friend for a longer time than they would be locked up for killing that friend help anybody?
You're paranoid.

Oceana, WV

#188 Nov 10, 2013
Why do you think that you need drugs to enjoy life?

Santa Monica, CA

#189 Nov 10, 2013
Why do you think that you need drugs to enjoy life?
Begging the question.(Look up the term.)

Oceana, WV

#190 Nov 11, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Begging the question.(Look up the term.)
I do not want to argue in circles, I only ask the question to relate to you personally. Why do YOU, Rose_NoHo, think you need drugs to enjoy life?

You describe everyone as nervous rats - that does not describe me - why do you think NOT smoking weed makes people nervous rats? I have a theory: perhaps YOU are a nervous rat when you don't smoke weed because you have grown dependent on weed's ability to calm you and so, without it, you become nervous. Do you see how your nervousness is CAUSED by weed and not CURED by weed?

That's just speculation - I do not know why you smoke weed. But I disagree when you suggest that we all do it to keep from being nervous rats - obviously people who are nervous rats have larger underlying problems than their lack of marijuana.

So, you are mad about those laws, I hear ya - it's not right, I agree. I just avoid the issue by not possessing marijuana so that I won't have to face unfair sentencing after I get caught breaking the law. That's not good enough for you, so just go on and change those laws, but don't expect my help, those laws and sentences aren't bothering me. I have no motivation to support your cause, who does? People who want to possess weed? Good luck getting those stoners off the couch to do sh*t. Just forget about changing laws, pass that blunt, it will fix itself.

Soon we'll all use our Obamacare to pay the doctor to give us our weed prescription after we agree to our microchip implant. No worries.

Santa Monica, CA

#191 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
I do not want to argue in circles, I only ask the question to relate to you personally. Why do YOU, Rose_NoHo, think you need drugs to enjoy life?
You didn't look up the term "Begging the question" did you? Well, let me do it for you:
"logical fallacy in which a statement or claim is assumed to be true without evidence other than the statement or claim itself."
http://begthequestion.info/
You describe everyone as nervous rats - that does not describe me - why do you think NOT smoking weed makes people nervous rats?
Begging the question
I have a theory:
You're using a logical fallacy called.
perhaps YOU are a nervous rat when you don't smoke weed because you have grown dependent on weed's ability to calm you and so, without it, you become nervous. Do you see how your nervousness is CAUSED by weed and not CURED by weed?
That's just speculation - I do not know why you smoke weed. But I disagree when you suggest that we all do it to keep from being nervous rats - obviously people who are nervous rats have larger underlying problems than their lack of marijuana.
So, you are mad about those laws, I hear ya - it's not right, I agree. I just avoid the issue by not possessing marijuana so that I won't have to face unfair sentencing after I get caught breaking the law.
Pot's all but legal here. I'm not concerned for myself.
That's not good enough for you, so just go on and change those laws, but don't expect my help,
A sociopath like you who doesn't care about what's fair and just? Believe me, I had no such expectation.
those laws and sentences aren't bothering me.
Like I said, you are a sociopath, so harm to others wouldn't.
I have no motivation to support your cause, who does?
http://www.norml.org
People who want to possess weed? Good luck getting those stoners off the couch to do sh*t. Just forget about changing laws, pass that blunt, it will fix itself.
Soon we'll all use our Obamacare to pay the doctor to give us our weed prescription after we agree to our microchip implant. No worries.
Mircochip implant? LOLSER! Your tin foil hat is on a bit too tight there, bud.

Oceana, WV

#192 Nov 12, 2013
so·ci·o·path

a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience

Now, how can you keep calling me a sociopath when I am simply trying to convince you to reject drugs for your own good?

Why do you want me to pity folks who break the law with full knowledge of the consequences when they have to serve the penalty for their crime? Their "harm" was a consequence of their own actions - it is too late to save them from themselves - legalizing marijuana may save you from jail, but it will not save you from the harm that a drug dependency will cause you.

Example of Begging the Question: If such actions were not illegal, then they would not be prohibited by the law.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/begg...

I am not saying weed should not be legalized because the law says it should be illegal. I am saying that weed should not be legalized because doing drugs is not in the your best interest. Don't do drugs - that's my message. I'm not begging any questions - my message is very simple. Just, don't do drugs.

Or legalize marijuana - do whatever makes you happy. I don't know what you want from anyone here - agreement? Nope - it's a crappy idea - use your efforts towards something worthwhile instead. Otherwise, who's stopping you from doing whatever you want?

North Hollywood, CA

#193 Nov 12, 2013
so·ci·o·path
a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience
Yeah, sounds like you.
Now, how can you keep calling me a sociopath when I am simply trying to convince you to reject drugs for your own good?
Why do you want me to pity folks who break the law with full knowledge of the consequences when they have to serve the penalty for their crime?
Because the law is unjust.
Their "harm" was a consequence of their own actions - it is too late to save them from themselves - legalizing marijuana may save you from jail, but it will not save you from the harm that a drug dependency will cause you.
Example of Begging the Question: If such actions were not illegal, then they would not be prohibited by the law.
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/begg...
You keep asking why I need drugs to be happy, that's begging the question.
I am not saying weed should not be legalized because the law says it should be illegal. I am saying that weed should not be legalized because doing drugs is not in the your best interest.
Who are you to determine that?
Don't do drugs - that's my message. I'm not begging any questions - my message is very simple. Just, don't do drugs.
Or legalize marijuana - do whatever makes you happy. I don't know what you want from anyone here - agreement? Nope - it's a crappy idea - use your efforts towards something worthwhile instead. Otherwise, who's stopping you from doing whatever you want?
The topic of the forum is "should 'weed' be legal", not "is it a good idea for Rose to smoke 'weed'", or even "is smoking 'weed' a good idea".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Identifing the Early Church 3 hr Mike_Peterson 370
THE BLOOD of JESUS CHRIST Fri Chayei Olam 3
Catholics (Feb '14) Dec 17 Bobby 1,996
Sola Scriptura (Jun '13) Dec 10 Mike_Peterson 157
Queen Mother-Ever Virgin Dec 10 Mike_Peterson 109
“Thus Saith Johnny” (Jul '12) Dec 8 Ernie 116
Unlicensed contractor allowed to work and conti... Dec 7 Amazing 2
Martinsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web