First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#21 Jun 28, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
SO you are saying: abandon mono-theism and follow astrology? OK, I'm game. Does this mean I should check my horoscope? Let's try:
You overact today as old feelings and memories come to the surface. Certain events will trigger these childhood memories. This can be a bit overwhelming at times as the feelings that you buried years ago are searching for an outlet. This psychological cleansing will rejuvenate you with renewed energy.
Well, I can say this sort of thing has happened to me before - not a good description of today, though. I was able to leave work early - I made dinner - I weeded my flower bed. No overacting that I remember, or flood of memories. This stuff is malarkey.
Please tell me this is not what you meant.
No, that's not what I meant. I know you don't like to buy books, so you can find much information on the web about the great ages. But, just to get you started, take the age of Taurus, being an Earth sign the age of Taurus was agriculture, when man went from being hunter to farmer. The agricultural revolution. Taurus is also the money sign, this age ushered in currency. The age of Taurus was from about 4700bc to 2500 bc. Then the age of Aries, a fire sign, and since fire expands, this was a time of expansion. Moses, ushered in the age of Aries, if we all know the story, his people were worshiping a golden calf,{calf or bull represents Taurus] when he came off the mountain. Destroying the calf represents the end of Taurus and the beginning of Aries. These are just a couple of examples, if you research it, you will get a greater understanding of the great ages of mankind. The ancients knew these things, but like I said, we have been in a dark age for two thousand years and an age of fear, the age of Pisces, a water sign, we all see how much water plays a part with the Jesus story, and the Christian sign of the dual fish.{Pisces} a dark and violent era. Thankfully, we are entering the age of Aquarius, an age of brotherly love, unity. Check it out, I know you have an open mind and it's very interesting and accurate.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#22 Jun 28, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
These old lyrics are so modern, they're creepy.
Subterranean Homesick Blues (Dylan)
Johnny’s in the basement mixing up the medicine
I’m on the pavement thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat, badge out, laid off
Says he’s got a bad cough, wants to get paid off
Look out kid, it’s somethin’ you did
God knows when but you’re doin’ it again
You better duck down the alley way lookin’ for a new friend
The man in the coon-skin cap by the big pen
Wants eleven dollar bills and you only got ten
Maggie comes fleet foot face full of black soot
Talkin’ that the heat put plants in the bed but
The phone’s tapped anyway, Maggie says that many say
They must bust in early May - orders from the D.A.
Look out kid, don’t matter what you did
Walk on your tiptoes, don’t try “No-Doz”
Better stay away from those that carry around a fire hose
Keep a clean nose, watch the plain clothes
You don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
Get sick, get well, hang around a ink well
Ring bell, hard to tell if anything is goin’ to sell
Try hard, get barred, get back, write braille
Get jailed, jump bail, join the army if you fail
Look out kid, you’re gonna get hit
By users, cheaters, six-time losers'll hang around the theaters
Girl by the whirlpool lookin’ for a new fool
Don’t follow leaders, watch the parkin’ meters
Ah get born, keep warm, short pants, romance, learn to dance
Get dressed, get blessed, try to be a success
Please her, please him, buy gifts, don’t steal, don’t lift
Twenty years of schoolin’ and they put you on the day shift
Look out kid, they keep it all hid
Better jump down a manhole and light yourself a candle
Don’t wear sandals, try to avoid the scandals
Don’t wanna be a bum, you better chew gum
The pump don’t work ’cause the vandals took the handles
We worshiped Dylan in my youth.

Since: Jul 12

Welch, WV

#23 Jun 28, 2013
The 5th Dimension says:

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation
Aquarius, Aquarius

When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

Love and rainbows, unicorns and lollipops. Utopia sounds just awesome. In the musical, Hair, young people tried to reach the "Age of Aquarius" by taking hallucinogenic drugs. I suggest we won't be around to enjoy all this brotherly love - we are the people that need to be gotten rid of to make way for the peace and understanding.

A better theme song for us might be:
(Gaynor)

I, I will survive
Oh as long as I know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
And I'll survive
I will survive (hey-hey)

Welch, WV

#24 Jun 28, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>No, that's not what I meant. I know you don't like to buy books, so you can find much information on the web about the great ages. But, just to get you started, take the age of Taurus, being an Earth sign the age of Taurus was agriculture, when man went from being hunter to farmer. The agricultural revolution. Taurus is also the money sign, this age ushered in currency. The age of Taurus was from about 4700bc to 2500 bc. Then the age of Aries, a fire sign, and since fire expands, this was a time of expansion. Moses, ushered in the age of Aries, if we all know the story, his people were worshiping a golden calf,{calf or bull represents Taurus] when he came off the mountain. Destroying the calf represents the end of Taurus and the beginning of Aries. These are just a couple of examples, if you research it, you will get a greater understanding of the great ages of mankind. The ancients knew these things, but like I said, we have been in a dark age for two thousand years and an age of fear, the age of Pisces, a water sign, we all see how much water plays a part with the Jesus story, and the Christian sign of the dual fish.{Pisces} a dark and violent era. Thankfully, we are entering the age of Aquarius, an age of brotherly love, unity. Check it out, I know you have an open mind and it's very interesting and accurate.
You are correct, I do not buy books. You see, I already pay to have the internet - that's enough reading for anyone. I am willing to bet there is a plethora of websites just dying to explain astrology to me.

Astrology has been around since, well, before the Catholic Church! Stars are like ancient television. In the movie, Zeitgeist, there is a simplified explanation of Jesus's life in terms of Astrology. As a matter of fact, it suggests that all myths and religion is ultimately based on interpreted and personified Astrology.

&fe ature=plcp
This is a great movie but jump to the 19th minute to see the section that I mentioned. Then watch the whole thing - I found it to be enlightening in many ways. It is basically a "conspiracy theory" but then, isn't everything?

People accuse me of peddling this film. I suggest it often but I am honestly motivated to share entertainment with you, not convince you to join a movement or do anything but consider the ideas that are presented. Some are pretty far fetched - but then, real life is so weird - maybe we've ALL been looking at it wrong ALL this time.

This movie suggested a concept I had never considered before - a resource based economy - an economy without money. I couldn't imagine such a thing within my own influences and thoughts, but once it was suggested - it solves so many problems. It brings calm to chaos. I like to think of it as an alternative to civil war.

I will do some research about ages of Astrology - but I'm a real skeptic, Pearl. I think it is as man-made as religion.

Welch, WV

#25 Jun 28, 2013
Fleet Foxes are the great hippies.

I was raised up believing I was somehow unique
Like a snowflake distinct among snowflakes
Unique in each way you can see
And now after some thinking, I'd say I'd rather be
A functioning cog in some great machinery
Serving something beyond me

But I don't, I don't know what that will be
I'll get back to you someday soon you will see

What's my name, what's my station
Oh just tell me what I should do
I don't need to be kind to the armies of night
That would do such injustice to you
Or bow down and be grateful
And say "Sure take all that you see"
To the men who move only in dimly-lit halls
And determine my future for me

And I don't, I don't know who to believe
I'll get back to you someday soon you will see

If I know only one thing
It's that every thing that I see
Of the world outside is so inconceivable
Often I barely can speak
Yeah I'm tongue tied and dizzy
And I can't keep it to myself
What good is it to sing helplessness blues?
Why should I wait for anyone else?

And I know, I know you will keep me on the shelf
I'll come back to you someday soon myself

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thomas jefferson edwards (Apr '16) Oct '16 NUKS67 3
THE CHILDREN of THE GOD MOST HIGH (May '14) Oct '16 randy 5
Martinsville Seven - The Martinsville Curse (Mar '10) Oct '16 Santiago Ramey 10
Nickname of Stick Oct '16 A friend 1
Easter Auto Sales (Feb '12) Oct '16 donnawyattreed 9
Dawn Mills Oct '16 Alan Nolan 1
Worship vs Service (Sep '10) Oct '16 Openbook7 7

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance