Full Circle

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

I have failed to find a perfect church. In fact, two decades ago I stopped looking. There are twenty-six major divisions among Churches of Christ. There are hundreds of sub-divisions. Those divisions, or denominating factors, prove that our plea for unity to others is nothing more than a very large beam that displays itself to well in our eyes. Our failure to practice unity tells the world a truth that we have refused to consider or accept. Perfection is found, not in you or me, not in any congregation or church, nor in any church leadership. It is found only in Jesus Christ.

When we demand perfection of ourselves or others, we demand something which God has not. That demand proves to be nothing more than a man made tradition or teaching. We are believing and practicing something which isnít taught in the Bible. It is the devilís lie.

God wants us to depend upon Him. He knew we would never be perfect. Our flesh sees to it that we remain in that body of death. Our sins ought to teach us that we need Jesus. He is the only one who lived perfectly. He is the only one who can remove our sins and free us from the consequences of that body. He is the only one that can make us right in the sight of God. It is his righteousness that makes us whole, never ours.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Full Circle wrote:
I have failed to find a perfect church. In fact, two decades ago I stopped looking. There are twenty-six major divisions among Churches of Christ. There are hundreds of sub-divisions. Those divisions, or denominating factors, prove that our plea for unity to others is nothing more than a very large beam that displays itself to well in our eyes. Our failure to practice unity tells the world a truth that we have refused to consider or accept. Perfection is found, not in you or me, not in any congregation or church, nor in any church leadership. It is found only in Jesus Christ.
When we demand perfection of ourselves or others, we demand something which God has not. That demand proves to be nothing more than a man made tradition or teaching. We are believing and practicing something which isnít taught in the Bible. It is the devilís lie.
God wants us to depend upon Him. He knew we would never be perfect. Our flesh sees to it that we remain in that body of death. Our sins ought to teach us that we need Jesus. He is the only one who lived perfectly. He is the only one who can remove our sins and free us from the consequences of that body. He is the only one that can make us right in the sight of God. It is his righteousness that makes us whole, never ours.
I agree. Are you saying don't go to church, be the church?
New Guy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby, are you saying this could be a "seeking wanderer"?
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

New Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily, because seeking wanderer did not believe in the power grace and it appears that full circle does. It does amaze me that anyone who lives in martinsville would be new to this discussion though.

Let us welcome "full circle"...
Full Circle

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
No that was not what I meant.
Full Circle

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

New Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Once more your words fly over my head.
Full Circle

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily, because seeking wanderer did not believe in the power grace and it appears that full circle does. It does amaze me that anyone who lives in martinsville would be new to this discussion though.
Let us welcome "full circle"...
Google Church of Christ subjects and many lead here, to this site.

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

"The Cox-Lane, congregation (Denbighshire, North Wales in the borderlands with England) under the leadership of John Davies, were meeting in 1809 when they started practising believers baptism having studied Mark 16:15,16. They were meeting in the late 1700s but were independents practising infant baptism. They were overjoyed to learn in 1835 that over 15,000 people in America shared their views, and soon began corresponding with Alexander Campbell and others of like mind in England and Scotland. This is considered the first congregation in the UK of the British Restoration Movement and possibly the first congregation of the 19th century Restoration Movement predating their American brethren. There was though in this time churches of Christ in Europe which predated the Restoration Movements in the USA and UK. This congregation ceased baptising infants in 1809 following the biblical of immersion for believers. On June 12, 1812, Thomas and Alexander Campbell, their wives, and three others were immersed, approximately three years after the members of the Cox-Lane congregation learned of believers' baptism. In 1824 Barton W. Stone met and allied himself with Alexander Campbell and what is called the Restoration Movement began in the USA. The Restoration Movement had no common place or origin and no one person can be claimed to have started it its origins being independent. It is as much British as it is American, further, in Europe including northern England there were churches of Christ which preceded the British and American Restoration Movements. The church of Christ is found whenever men turn to the scriptures only for guidance following the seed principle found in Matthew 13."

Romans 16:16

www.roysecitycoc.org

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Perfect apostles? Where?

Yet they were still the the only true apostles of Christ.

www.roysecitycoc.org
Full Circle

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Nowhere in the Holy Scriptures can we find the rejection of one who has believed upon the Lord Jesus. It does not matter what our belief is regards to baptism as it pertains to salvation, God will not reject one who comes to Him by faith in what Christ Jesus done on his behalf.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Full Circle wrote:
Nowhere in the Holy Scriptures can we find the rejection of one who has believed upon the Lord Jesus. It does not matter what our belief is regards to baptism as it pertains to salvation, God will not reject one who comes to Him by faith in what Christ Jesus done on his behalf.
Hebrews 6:
4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance,[d]since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.
Full Circle

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text> Hebrews 6:
4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance,[d]since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.
Very debatable text we have here. Explain it for me as to what you believe it means.

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Full Circle wrote:
<quoted text>
Very debatable text we have here. Explain it for me as to what you believe it means.
It means what it says. Nothing debatable about it.

www.roysecitycoc.org
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Full Circle wrote:
<quoted text>
Once more your words fly over my head.
Seems to me that it would be difficult for anyone who lives in Martinsville and has ties to the church of Christ, the way you seem to, would be unaware of these threads.

Either way-welcome...
Full Circle

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

I have very strong ties to the Church of Christ. These ties do not make one aware of Topix or any site for that matter. Many of our congregations consist of people who do not devout much time to study. Iíd venture to say many spend more time on social sites. After all, many are taught that worship occurs when we assemble and no other times so why waste time on sites like this.

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Full Circle wrote:
I have very strong ties to the Church of Christ. These ties do not make one aware of Topix or any site for that matter. Many of our congregations consist of people who do not devout much time to study. I’d venture to say many spend more time on social sites. After all, many are taught that worship occurs when we assemble and no other times so why waste time on sites like this.
Are you in the true church?

www.roysecitycoc.org
Whitman

Montvale, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you in the true church?
www.roysecitycoc.org
What ever the true church is it is not the church at your website.

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Whitman wrote:
<quoted text>What ever the true church is it is not the church at your website.
Then give me the true church's website.

www.roysecitycoc.org
New Guy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Full Circle wrote:
Question- just what is faith?

Hoses 4:6 says that "My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge.". But yet you believe that what we believe doesn't matter as long as we believe and are sincere? God no longer winks at ignorance. He's not gonna let it slide either.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of60
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Martinsville Forum right now

Search the Martinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Peter was not a Pope 1 hr Bobby 61
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 1 hr Ludwig 2,543
best free sexy chat!!!!! 3 hr priyanka 5
Transubstantiation is a Catholic lie Sat Mike_Peterson 16
Sola Scriptura (Jun '13) Sat Mike_Peterson 70
Origin of the Roman Catholic Church Sat Mike_Peterson 28
Chosen by God Fri Roman Catholic Sproul 37
•••
•••
•••
•••

Martinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000